Re: Rise | #1625

Postby sylveonsweetie987 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 am

username: sylveonsweetie987
cat name: Ripfang
clan: Honeyclan

prompt: (600 word max) wip, this cat used to be a rogue with little morals, working as another rogue's henchcat, and she feels trapped in her past deeds
extra: (400 words or 1 art)
♥♥♥

♥ Hi, I'm Syl (she/her), your friendly neighborhood procrastinator! I make art and stuff like that ♥
♥ Autism ♥ ADHD ♥ Asexual Lesbian ♥ Jewish ♥
♥ Current hyperfixations: The Owl House, Kalons ♥

♥ I'm @/sylsoddsandends on Tumblr, if you want to see art/writing/etc! ♥

Trade me!My Kalons

♥♥♥
sylveonsweetie987

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:40 pm

x
    **coding may not work on macbooks; if coding doesn't work for you, here are screenshots of what it should look like: x , x

╔════════════╗

x
    x

username: Micki. xx..xx
    cat name: Softchirp
    clan: Bearclan

╚════════════╝
    x
    You got trapped? You don't know trapped until you've driven away the one person who loved you... just because you couldn't change, couldn't be better. Just because you were too headstrong, too unwilling to do things differently. Let me tell you a story, little one. It's the story of a she-cat who was trapped in her ways...

A honey-colored she-cat purred, her eyes bright as she bounced towards the lake. There, stretched out and sunning by the bank, was another she-cat - soft colored patches gleaming in the sunshine.

"Softchirp!" the honey she-cat meowed, batting at the other cat's ear, "You said we would spend today together! And I've hardly seen you at all."

"Oh, you're right, my dear Honeydrop," Softchirp purred, not bothering to open her eyes. The other she-cat dropped to the ground and curled around her, purring softly as she laid her head on Softchirp's shoulders. The soft colored Softchirp smiled and opened her eyes to look at Honeydrop. It was then that she realized for the first time that Honeydrop was covered in dirt and looked quite ridiculous, tufts of fur sticking everywhere. She stifled a small sound, half scoff and half laugh, "Well, don't you look..."

Honeydrop grinned, "Tell me I look perfect."

"I thought lying was frowned upon?" the other she-cat laughed, brow raised.

The honey-colored she-cat smiled before replying, softly, "Then make me frown," she continued, purring, "Lie to me."

"You look hideous."

---

"You lied to me again!" Honeydrop hissed, her eyes flashing.

Softchirp's eyes were big and teary, "I know, but I'm sorry."

Another his came from Honeydrop, this time low and long, "How can you keep lying like this? Why do you lie constantly? Why? Don't you love me?"

"I do love you."

The honey-colored she-cat paced the den, still fuming. Then, suddenly, she stopped and looked Softchirp dead in the eyes, "Is that a lie, too?"

---

"Don't..." the honey-colored she-cat looked back at Softchirp with teary eyes, "Please... just don't lie to me... not again.."

"Honeydrop, I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "Are you, really? You lie to me over and over and over. You say you're sorry, and then you don't change!"

Softchirp's eyes filled with tears at the harshness of Honeydrop's words, "It's just me - just who I am! I don't mean to, but I do!"

"And why can't you change? Why won't you at least try to change for me?" tears spilled over her eyes as she looked at Softchirp, heart breaking, "I... I don't think I can do this... I can't keep letting you do this to me..." She turned to leave, still crying.

"Wait! Wait, Honey! Don't... Please, don't leave... I love you..."

Just then the other she-cat snapped around, eyes flashing with anger as tears continued to spill, "What? If you loved me, you wouldn't do this - you wouldn't hurt me over and over. You wouldn't lie."

"I'm sorry... I do love you, I swear... Please, just stay. I'll show you. Just tell me you love me, too... Please, Honeydrop... Please..."

"I don't love you anymore," she hissed, turning her back on the other she-cat before her eyes could betray her. She began to walk away, the sounds of her love's cries ringing in her ears, breaking her heart as she lied.. just like Softchirp had done so many times.

"Don't lie to me... not about this.... please, Honeydrop! Please, tell me you were lying... Please don't do this... Please stay."

(576 words)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

x
    x

personality:
    v sweet, v soft girl. against unnecessary violence. doesn't like being messy, but thinks it's adorable when others are.
    loves vvvv deeply, super passionate. has a secret weakness for bugs - loves to go bug watching in her spare time.
    absolutely hates water - v poor swimmer and likes to avoid getting into the lake and river if possible. despises the
    marshes - refuses to go anywhere near them. really likes hunting - it's her favorite task - and is constantly going on
    hunting patrols. her favorite method of hunting is ambushing, particularly by jumping on top of pray from above -
    usually birds bc she likes to show off her hunting skills. in fact, she's a p big show off, can be a little arrogant. loves xxx.
    storytelling, tells the kits and apprentices stories all the time. compulsive liar, but doesn't mean any harm. super
    stuck in her ways. cannot stand change and gets kind of freaked out by it - avoids any change she can, reason she
    holds so tightly to her ways. hates herself for not being able to control her lying and for not being able to change.
    regrets a lot things and gets filled with guilt vvv easily. can easily feel like she's a burden on others.

(204 words)

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
Last edited by Micki. on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:44 pm

username: KittenGirl2005
cat name: Sunpaw
clan: SummitClan

prompt: Sunpaw cowered in fear as the black tom raise date his paw again. “You’re a useless kit!” he screamed as he brought it down upon her head, leaving a thin trail of blood where each unsheathed claw had torn through her flesh. “Moonstar was a fool when she thought you would be a perfect little angel.” He spat on the ground. “I wish you weren’t my kit.”
Sunpaw felt helpless as she fell to the ground, bleeding from her shoulder, her head wound, and various other scratches and bites. It wasn’t hard to believe that this cat wasn’t her father, but what could she’s do? She couldn’t just tattle on him to Moonstar. She buried her head in her paws and began to cry. She was trapped.

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:28 am

username: Wet Bread
cat name: Aphidgaze
clan: Brightclan

prompt:
Aphidgaze was raised as a loner near a twolegplace by her mother. She loved the forest where they hunted and always felt at home among the trees, but her mother also often took her to the twolegplace to scavenge for food. Aphidgaze never liked it there as it smelled weird and was too noisy.

One day, as her mother was rooting around in a metal bin, a twoleg came along and snatched both of them up. They were soon transported to a twoleg den far from where they lived. The twoleg raised them as kittypets, feeding them everyday and keeping them locked up in the den. Aphidgaze hated it. The food was bland and dry and the twolegs were constantly trying to touch her, which she hated. She longed for a way out, she even had a couple opportunities to get away. There was only one problem. Her mother had grown comfortable with the kittypet lifestyle.

Aphidgaze's heart was torn between staying with her mother, whom she loved, and living in the wild where she felt she belonged. It hurt her to make a decision between the two, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't convince her mother to come with her.

One night, Aphidgaze finally had to face her decision. The twolegs had unintentionally left a window cracked before going to bed. She was probably never gonna get another chance like this to be free. She sat next to the window, trying to make up her mind when her mother approached her, eyes gleaming with love and sadness.

"It's okay." Her mother reassured her. "You belong out there more than I ever did. I understand." Aphidgaze felt her heart wrench as she nuzzled her mom.

"I'll miss you." Aphidgaze told her mother, who gave her a quick lick between the ears.

"And me too. But you'll always be on my mind." She comforted. With one last long look at her mother, Aphidgaze squeezed her way out the window and dashed away, disappearing in the forest forever. Even now, as a warrior of Brightclan, part of her heart will always be tied to the far away twoleg den where her mother lives.

extra:
Personality: Aphidgaze is a kind cat but has to have her personal space respected at all times. She has issues coming into close contact with other cats due to being forced to be petted by twolegs during her time as a kittypet. Although she does enjoy her clanmates' company, sometimes being in the crowded camp is just too much and she has to retreat to the forest to be alone. She feels happiest and safest among the trees. Sometimes her clanmates find her sleeping on a low hanging branch of one of the many oaks in the forest. She almost exclusively eats the rodents caught in the forest (mice, shrews, squirrels, etc.). The taste of fish or bird haven't really stuck with her well and she's absolutely horrified by the cats willing to eat frog, crayfish, and snakes.

She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:39 am

my extra: some art!

username: Knickknacks
cat name: Pikapaw
clan: NorthClan
rank: Apprentice/ will be healer’s apprentice once I’ve leveled up appropriately

prompt:
493/600 words wrote:The ground wasn’t really that far away. Truly. Pika knew that.

But from where she was sitting, it looked like the kind of drop she very well wouldn’t survive. The pale-colored cat let out a small squeak of terror and gripped the tree branch tighter.

It was cold up here. Pika’s fur was fluffed out against the chill wind, but it still cut right through to her bones. She shivered, missing the relative safety of the little den she’d constructed. Her next of moss and a few feathers was nothing fancy, and it was sometimes drafty, but it felt like paradise compared to this lonely tree limb.

Pika wanted to feel the solid ground beneath her. Right here, in this moment, she wanted nothing more than to be out of this tree. Stars, she didn’t even remember why she’d climbed up here in the first place. But whenever she thought about unhooking her claws and making the jump- cats were supposed to land on their feet, right?- visions of falling, of breaking a bone (or worse) flashed behind her eyes and she gripped the branch even tighter. Her forepaws were starting to ache, her claws hooked uncomfortably into the wood.

Pika risked another glance down at the ground. The needle-strewn forest floor seemed to swim below her, getting further and further away. Pika slammed her eyes shut and huddled down onto her branch once more, angry and terrified and trapped. She felt like a pathetic kit up here like this, but she was too scared to move, to try and free herself.

She wasn’t sure how long she stayed like that, with the wind buffeting her, her heart hammering and her eyes closed. But she came spiraling back into herself, her focus sharpening when a voice cut through her terror.

“Are you okay up there?”

Pika risked a glance down. A large tomcat stood there, his dappled pelt like an island of grey-brown in the sea of needles and snow below her. She thought about speaking, but decided against it- she felt like her voice was going to crack or squeak embarrassingly- and settled for shaking her head vigorously.

The tom frowned up at her, a mixture of confusion and concern on his face. Pika realized how ridiculous she must look- a small cat fluffed out with terror, clutching a tree branch like a lifeline. She shut her eyes again with a small shudder, suddenly not caring what she looked like in front of this strange cat.

“Hey- hey, it’s okay,” he called again in a would-be soothing tone. “Just- breathe. Look at me, not at the ground. I’m going to try and help you, alright?”

Pika opened her eyes again, blinking down at him. He seemed genuine in his offer- and she knew she wouldn’t be able to get out of this tree by herself. Right now, she was glad to accept all the help he was offering.

“Thank you,” she said tremulously.

extra: art- view above^
Last edited by Knickknacks on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:31 am

username: PrincessAlexis
cat name: Cloverfur
clan: Cloudclan

prompt: Cloverfur has never been very good at explaining herself to others, preferring companionable silence or mutual activity over long gab-sessions. That makes what is going on now even harder for her.

She wants to be a medicine cat, but knows that her parents would be disappointed if their only daughter would never become a mom some day and bring them the joy of grandkits.

That's why she ran away - to follow the purpose she fells called to by Starclan. She wants to heal, to save lives, and isn't that something to be proud of?

The only problem is, if she doesn't find a clan who will take her on as their medicine cat, she will have to return home and face her family or just live the same routine (warrior/queen) life wherever else she ends up. Cloverfur really doesn't want to let go of her dream.

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:49 am

Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; HoneyPaw
    Gender;; female
    Age;; 9 moons
    Clan;; BeachClan
    Rank;; trainee

Prompt;; [ART HERE]
    Memories were like fuzzy clouds in the distance, too far to grasp, too far to really see the details of. She was in the dark, nothing above and nothing below. Darkness was everywhere and gripped at her like steel. It was hard to move, it was hard to breathe but she could, one step at a time through the pitch blackness of nothing.
    Movement through the nothing was two things at once. On one hand it was like moving through mud, struggling for even a breathe, on the other hand it was like falling non-stop, surging at incomprehensible speed, so quickly that her body felt like it was spinning. It was everything and nothing and as the moments ticked by like an eternity she thought;
      'Is this death?'
    Time went on like it was nothing, thoughts running like little drops of rain down a window. After the initial struggle, the feeling of being trapped became a blanket. She was safe here, even if she was kept still eternally. Through the moments of hazy consciousness she would ponder towards the tiny flickers of light, the tiny specks of memory that called out to her, the sounds of something else muffled and calling to her.
    The sounds of life blossoming somewhere else, somewhere distant and alien brought forth a swell of curiosity, a desire to reach towards that delicate light and to escape from the darkness that had swallowed her. She reached forth and like a loose stone she pulled forth a memory that was gentle and familiar.
      Pressed against her mothers side, her brother and sister on either side coating her with a warmth that made her soul buzz in her chest. She felt safe and happy, gently kneading her mother's side as her forehead was tenderly groomed.

It felt nice, knowing she had a family, a concept she hadn't put much thought into before the memory had hit her. Family. People who cared for you and built you up so you could be stronger, who loved you for everything that made you up and everything you could be. Who tolerated your short comings and praised your accomplishments.
    She wanted more memories like that, more feelings, more living. She reached deeper into that well of light and hoped for the best.
      Her mother wrangled her like she was a ball of fury and with her claws splayed out like weapons as her voice came out in little spats. "Lemme at 'im," she attempted to charm, no malice in her voice, only excitement. Opposite her was a hefty looking warrior who was grinning with the faintest amusement. 'Uncle,' the label for this cat voiced in her mind. "Really SunDance, it's fine, I'll be careful." Her mother let out a sigh and released Honey, who lumbered over to her uncle, and began biting his ankles with the pointy kitten teeth that promised to leave marks.

SunDance was her mother's name. She remembered that now and her Uncle was called DustRipple, her mind scanned for the name of her father but found herself falling short of an answer. This empty void was no longer empty but littered with questions and queries that made the black darkness feel more like a pastel white. She wanted to know more.
    She leaned into the brightness once more.
      A searing pain across her body, a fall into water, being whipped through a suffocating river before falling unconscious to the thought of fear.

She jerked awake, everything aching as she looked hazy eyed at the place she had woken in. She was free. [594]
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanilla bean. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:32 pm

username: uwu.
cat name: cloverstar
clan: petalclan

prompt:
a little more than two moons ago, the air was choked with the scent of blood- the blood of petalclan cats. it was sudden, and devastating. it was savage pack of brutes, five massive dogs, from what she'd seen. they came in the night, fangs gleaming & claws shining. a pack of hounds had found their camp, and it seemed hopeless that any would survive.

she had been on a night patrol when they came- how could I have been so foolish not to recognize the scent? she thought bitterly, bile rising in her throat. things had been so calm recently, so she had not thought to bring anyone with her. petalclan was quite isolated, and they seldom had trouble with intruders.

cloverstrike- er star came back to the aftermath, too late to help. all she saw were the massive bodies lunging out of camp, destruction in tow. she went from warrior to leader, all in one night. she had not earned this title and she was stuck, completely and utterly stuck. she loved her clan, there was no doubt in her mind, but she was terrified, and lost. she knew that if the clan were to live on, she would have to stay and rebuild, trying to forget the pain and suffering that was endured on that horrible night.

she was trapped in the position of leader, a position of which she had only dreamed of since she was a kit.
this is what she had always wanted, but not like this.
Last edited by vanilla bean. on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

hey there, i'm abi!
lesbian - she / they - adopt storage
pms are always open, feel free to drop in <3

vanilla bean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 am

extended a week to the 27th!
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose petals. » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 am

username: fluffy kitty cat
cat name: Dovewhisper
clan: honeybeeclan

prompt: (600 word max)

Dovewhisper’s paws felt heavy. How long had she been asleep for? Surely no other cat had ever slept as long as she had. This is a dream… the molly kept on repeating herself. You will wake up soon and everything will be just fine.

The last thing that Dovewhisper remembered was falling asleep, then she woke up here, in Starclan, or at least she thought it was Starclan. The trees were all glittery and shiny, just like how Starclan was described to her by her brother Nightsky.

Both Dovewhisper and Nightsky has wanted to become medicine cats, so they were both trained together by the same mentor. Dovewhisper was falling behind though, and when she fell in love with another dashing cat she knew her calling was elsewhere. She had never seen Starclan, so who is to say this wasn’t the place of eternal stars.

The sound of gurgling water jostled her from her thoughts. It’s been forever since I’ve drank, I really should be thirsty, but why am I not thirsty? She skipped over some large boulders until she stumbled upon a delicate pond. It was the most beautiful pond she had ever seen. The stars glittered in its depths, not in its reflection, but actually inside the waters themselves. Dovewhisper slowly lowered a paw into the liquid to see if it were real.

As soon as she touched it the water exploded into thousands of little scenes before reforming back into one. It was focused on a big gray cat who Dovewhisper noticed was her brother Nightsky. Why is the pond showing me this? She thought wildly as another cat she didn’t recognize approached her brother.

The two fought viciously, the medicine cat doing fairly well despite his pacifist training. Dovewhisper closed her eyes before screaming into the starry paradise: “Why am I here?! Why are you showing me this?!”

She didn’t actually expect an answer, but then a beautiful ginger molly stepped out from behind a tree. Her fur shined with the light of countless stars. Dovewhisper gasped, she didn’t know that any cat was actually here!

“Don’t worry,” the newcomer purred, “you are here for a reason Dovewhisper.”

“How do you know my name?” The warrior bristled. “Who are you?”

“It doesn’t matter who I am. But you will wake up soon, no longer trapped here in Starclan. After the battle, only few cats will have survived, and I need you to be one of them.” The dead cat said with a struggle.

Emotions crashed over Dovewhisper in waves. No…. no… this couldn’t be happening, she needed to fight for her clan! “Let me out!” She screeched eventually, choking back some ugly noise that threatened to come wailing out. “Please…”

“I’m sorry Dovewhisper, but you are meant for so much more than this, so I cannot let you leave.” The Starclan cat looked genuinely sorry, but if she was sorry, why wouldn’t she help?! Instead, the warrior was trapped in Starclan, forced to watch her Hornetclan get slaughtered.

rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me