username:
name:
what they like best about autumn:
extras:
sep 22
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #1446

Postby whim » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:53 am

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
username: whim /// name: Dimitri /// what they like best about autumn: below /// extras: below 】
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

what they like best about autumn: inspiration.

"Oh, Dimitri! He's a fine musician, by far my favorite. He's really becoming quite the star! I see why, his music is so captivating."
    "Me too... It's a shame he only releases pieces in the fall. I wonder why that is?"

He slid his paws against the white keys of the piano beneath him. Once he had settled on the proper one, he pushed down gently, letting it ring out before the hum of his voice followed. He added a few other notes to complete the chord, and proceeded to go between the notes until a melody was established. He paused every once and awhile to scribble it down on the paper in front of him. Eventually, the hums turned to groans, the notes fell apart, and the paper ended up on the ground crumbled up into a miserable ball. The young musician laid his head down on the keys.

"What am I to do..." He sighed, defeated. "This is my dream... Isn't it? Why can't I write anything properly?"

"I thought it sounded just fine, Dimitri." A new voice insisted, revealing herself in the doorway.

"Halle, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't want you listening to me? Besides, it was nothing but garbage. Nothing flowed, you don't have a musician's ear." Dimitri huffed, his expression turning rather bitter as the frown on his face extended.

"Sorry... The door was open, and I was drawn towards your lovely music." She grinned. He didn't. "Anyway... I think you need a break. You need to get out of this stuffy room, it's not good for you."

"I can't. I need to stay until I can get something that can be performed."

"Said who? It'll be quick, I promise. Just a quick walk up a pretty trail I found earlier. The leaves are starting to turn colors and fall off, it really is pretty, and there's a nice breeze."

There was a subtle stir from the brown kalon, but the answer was still: "No."

"I'll leave you alone afterward if you go."

"For how long?"

"As long as you want?"

"Ugh... Deal."

Quite honestly, Dimitri was on Halle's side despite complaining about it. He desperately needed a break. He needed more than anything to be away from his cramped, dull room, with all his failed music littered on the floor, countless amounts of music theory books scattered about and novels from his favorite musicians displaced around the room. It was awful, really, and a musician's worst nightmare. One would simply call it an art block, though he had felt this way for several months now. How discouraging.

"This isn't so bad, is it? Just look around you, autumn's such a lovely season." Halle said with a wide smile as the two walked down the path, her eyes glittering as they scanned their surroundings.

"I suppose so..." Dimitri simply replied, though his head still remained busy with thoughts of music which didn't allow him to relax much as he stared ahead.

It was rather apparent that Halle took notice to this as well. She wasn't stupid and had known him for quite some time now, being childhood friends. "Dimitri, I mean it, look around you." She encouraged, placing a paw under his chin to tilt his head up in order to actually look at the scenery.

And so, he did. All this had really been happening the entire time he was in the midst of his misery in his office? It was, by any means, breathtaking. The way the reds, oranges and yellows blended with one another as if it was a classical painting, the stray leaves twirling in the wind as the breeze came and went, the sweet tunes of various birds underneath the soothing chattering of squirrels... His golden eyes widened a bit in awe. Where had he been?

"I knew you'd like it, Dimitri." Halle chuckled, picking up the pace in her feet a bit as they approached a small plaza-like area. It was almost whimsical in a sense, like finding a long-lost, hidden village with foreign creatures. Though it appeared to be a hang-spot for many kalons, with a few booths selling homemade items and various kits running about. You know, autumn spirit.

"I guess it's pretty." He said, playing it off as if he hadn't just seen the most beautiful thing in his life. "Anyway... Is this what you wanted to show me?" He asked in reference to the small park they had just entered.

"Sort of. Just keep walking, you'll see." The two made their way down the stone path, the crunching of leaves under their paws sounding beneath them. Dimitri glanced over the various stands, seeing everything sold from jewelry, to jams, to cheese, and to fine china. It was interesting, to say the least. His eyes lead him all the way to the end, where they eventually settled on one thing towards an opening in the plaza. It looked lonely and old, leaves scattered on it, and paint chipping off of the sides. It was a piano.

Dimitri scowled at the sight. "That better not be the reason you brought me here. You even said yourself I needed a break. Playing in a different place is in no way a break!"

"Can you please trust me for a moment? Sit down. The rest will follow."

"I will not-"

"Do you want me to leave you alone or not?"

"Fine."

Bitterly, the brown kalon took a seat on the wooden stool in front of the piano. He put on the facade that he was indeed in a bad mood, though, for some reason, he didn't feel that way. It was far more calming out here than in his room, but that still wasn't enough to make him want to play anything.

"C'mon, just play something you know. It doesn't have to be original." Halle encouraged.

Rolling his eyes, his paws came to the keys, and he started off with a simple minuet he had learned as a child, nothing special. Usually, when he would play, he would look towards the music he was reading off of. However, this time, he obviously didn't have anything. Instead, he let his eyes drift up towards the environment around him. His gaze softened as there was a pause in the music. He had stopped playing the minuet, and his paws went to work playing something much different. The scenery all of a sudden became his sheet music instead.

As he ended on the last, soft sounding chord, Dimitri came back to reality. There was a sound of applause around him as the other kalons resumed their activities, in which he hadn't even noticed an audience was present. On his own face was a wide grin, tears sitting on the edges of his eyes.

"Dimitri... That was... Lovely. I've never heard you play it before. What is it called?" Halle eventually asked, taken back by his performance.

The young musician paused for a moment, pondering her question. He answered confidently.

"Autumn."

Last edited by whim on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astrohund » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 am

username: wade wilson
      name: nelson yakob barely
      orientation: demisexual biromantic

what they like best about autumn: [ 427 words ]
        nelson likes to think of the fall as a season of great transition and beauty. each and every day, he likes to go out and sit down and look
        up at grey and monochrome autumn skies and get ideas on what to write next in his journal. the season fuels him with ideas, from the
        bright warm leaves descending from the trees as they began to shed their coats to initiate into a stage of winter dormancy to the light
        breezes that will soon transition into bitter gusts.

the kalon also likes the season for its holidays, such as thanksgiving and halloween, with his favorite out of the two being thanksgiving.
        he likes this holiday not only because of the great feasts he has with loved ones and companions, but also the time he gets to spend wi
        th them and to create joyful memories before the gloom of winter comes and takes away the autumn spirits. as for halloween, even th
        ough he doesn't favor being merely frightened to death by others without consent, he does like the period of glee it brings as well as t
        he tasty treats he gets from going trick-or-treating and flaunting his amazing costumes that he's put his all into it and surprising neighb
        ors with its complexity.

nelson was born in the autumn actually, maybe all this comfort it brings is because of it being the time period in which he was born? p
        erhaps, but the kalon would love the season either way even if it were not his birthday season. despite experiencing grand exileration
        with other holidays, nelson doesn't really get the time to enjoy his actual date of birth with loved ones, and he usually only receives gi
        fts from far distances as his family doesn't live close by with him. as much as he prefers enjoyment with relatives, he has his best frien
        d, lee, with him to celebrate, but even she cannot stay with him for an entirety of the season as she has other big things to experience
        and reminiscence over.. though, nelson is okay with just the fall's company, he will not let that hurt get to his heart and shake him out
        of spirit and he take time in his journal and many notebooks, taking pictures of the season and filling the void with time to himself.....

overall, this season brings him ups and downs, roller coasters of fleeting moments of despair but also times of delight and triumph, nel
        son truly is without a doubt, a kalon of the fall.

fall activities: [ 000 words ]
        wip

relationships with other kalons: [ 000 words ]

blaise lee -- friend -- owner: wade wilson
words words words words words words words words words words words

astrohund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:27 pm

username: neongraveyard
name: Frost
[he / him, demi boy]

extras:

res :eyes:
Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby c o r r i o n a. » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 pm

username: w h i t e. b o y
name:
extras:
Wip
c o r r i o n a.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am

:username:
Takk
:name:
Vermilion (Vernon)
:what they like best about autumn:
Oddly enough, the sun is very harmful to Vernon. It weakens his immune system, causes him to feel sluggish and it's really hurtful to his work when he's down. The best part about autumn is the cloudy days and fresh rain. He loves being able to sit on the park bench and watch the leaves fall with a cup of tea in his paws. He can celebrate the changing of the seasons when those cloudy days make it safe. There are many things he likes about autumn, but he couldn't enjoy any of them if the rainy days weren't part of it.
:extras:
res
Last edited by Takk on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Res

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VoidRinkusu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Don't think I've marked this yet, so I'll do it now.
(VoidRinkusu)
They/them.
My comrade, I am not even here.
My Kalons - My Simas
VoidRinkusu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me