Re: lost kamper #13

Postby raven [烏] » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:41 am

username: norang
kalon name: yu
their letter to home:

Dear mother,

Everything seems to be going fine here— great even. I’ve made new friends and I’ve met so many other kalons. But being here without you hasn’t been all easy. I’ve suffered quite a bit out here without you. I wish there was some way for me to teleport right over to you. You’re my best friend, mom. I miss your silly antics. I really don’t want this camp to end, but I want to see you again. All this separation is killing me. Anyhow, tomorrow we’ll be stepping out again, I’ll update you soon. Say hello to Pa for me!

Love, Yu

compliment a kalon staff member!:

Kyar// I can’t get enough of your kalons; all of them are beautiful and i just love their designs so much! You’re also really approachable and I’m super grateful for all your help.

sixbane// You have a very interesting way of doing each of your kals and they all stand out in some way. I really want to own one of the kals designed by you one day haha. Thanks for doing so much for the community too! I see you a lot on the forums. <3

Karmel// I love kalons so much. I’m so glad that you’re running this whole thing and that people like me can look forward to owning kalons! Its such a fun and beautiful thing and it means a lot that you’re doing this for us! Thank you.

everyone else// There is not enough space for me to write for everyone because all of the artists and all the helpers are great people and I wish there was more I could do to express my appreciation but, then this entry might get excruciatingly long. Thank you for being so committed to making adopting and making kals a reality and keeping them alive. Bless you all (:

Last edited by raven [烏] on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
raven | she/he/they
“life finds a way” – ian malcolm
abt | kals | ♡ | TH
raven [烏]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:03 am

username:
kalon name:
compliment a kalon staff member!:res
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VoidRinkusu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:16 am

username: VoidRinkusu
kalon name: Chamomile (Cam) Asteraceae
their letter to home:

Dear crew,

They told us we should write some postcards and send them home to our family, so I figured you guys are the closest thing I have. I don’t think this would ever actually reach you, mailmen don’t cover boats, so I’m going to take this back to you guys by hand, which may ruin the point, but you can see it as a time capsule!
I hope you all aren’t missing me too much. How’s that temporary navigator you hired doing? How is everyone? You all had better be treating the Scion well in my absence, the last time I took a few days for a vacation you managed to pierce a hole in the hull. (Too bad I wasn’t there to see the captain’s reaction)
It’s odd to be on land. I’m so used to the rocking of the ocean that I find it quite hard to sleep at night, the sounds of the forest don’t help, either. I’m still not used to walking on solid ground which I find pretty funny considering that we usually spent as much time on land as out at sea.
The kalons here are really friendly. The few weeks that I’ve been here have been really fun. Send my thanks to the captain for encouraging me to come here, I guess it wasn’t fair for me to assume that it was too childish.
I’ll actually be coming back with some valuable stuff. Well, maybe valuable isn’t the right word, but how could I say no to SPF 5,000? I’m planning on doing some experiments on it, according to my “science headcanons,” it’s either a rip off intended to make the camp some extra cash or it might be strong enough to immediately ruin any fur or flesh that it touches. In case option two is correct, I currently have it encased in five ziplock bags.
The counselors here are all really awesome, too! One of them, Fin, even geeked out about cryptids with me! I had never considered the existence of a moth-man before, but the evidence is definitely worth consideration. He also cooked some amazing s’mores at the campfires, which I looked forward to at the end of each day. (I can’t help but feel a --little-- childish admitting this)
My favorite activity has to be stargazing. It was incredible, at this time of year the sky is clear enough for us to see a ribbon of the milky way and some shooting stars! I stayed a little later when stargazing was open to ask about the constellations and Verse, who ran stargazing, was kind enough to teach me a bit about navigation using the stars. I’ll be much more helpful at night when I return to the ship!
Speaking of which, I really can’t wait to come home to you guys. Like I mentioned at the beginning of the letter, you have become family to me. Camp is rounding off with some raffles, I think it’s exciting, don’t get me wrong, but I’m looking forwards to returning to the Isles of The Birds more than hearing the raffle results.
What a blessing to have kalons like you all to be homesick for.

Love,
Chamomile Asteraceae
(A navigator who feels a little lost without their crew <3)

How about multiple?

CSMintCat - I absolutely loved the test of courage, by far my favorite activity during this event! The drawings were great, the prompts were immersive, and though I'm sorry to say that I did not make it on the last prompt, it did teach me the valuable lesson of paying attention to the mood of the story I'll be writing. I look forward to see what else you might bring to the kalon community!

ȶigressa - Bug catching, I think it was a great idea for a dice-roll prize game. (Not to mention the fact that it got me the common hair edit that I was really hoping on getting) The art was really cute as well!

A very broad thank you to the artists who made kalons for the "dunce korner," this event just wouldn't have been the same without these beautiful adopts!
Last edited by VoidRinkusu on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
They/them.
My comrade, I am not even here.
My Kalons - My Simas
VoidRinkusu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:17 am

Resss
A runaway writing a letter to where he truely feels home

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kalons』✮『Senti』✮『Bigby

SyntheticFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooey. » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:12 am

mmm res
gooey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

love edie

Postby ufos » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:48 am

username:
      ufos
    kalon name:
      edith
    letter home:
      indent!It’s strange being back home. I swore I’d never be back here again, but here I am. And I think, of the two of us, I’m the only one who’s aged. The skies are just as smothered with fog and the buildings are just the same shade of brownish-gray as I left them. the roof of my father’s aparentment building is still the perfect distance from the next building to jump. And the harbor still is loud and smells bad and is full of dangerous things that are very attractive to a group of ten-year-old children. The paint-chipped horse outside of the co-op still costs a quarter to ride. And you could still, if you felt so inclined, chase your brother down the roughly paved streets, with a colander on your head, brandishing a swiffer mop. It’s sort of nice in a way to see that it all waited up for me, but I almost wish it hadn’t.
      indent!I’m at my father’s apartment, the same one I lived in my whole childhood, but it doesn’t really feel like my own anymore. When my father passed away he left me his house, while the studio was left to dad’s favourite absentee son. Not that I would’ve wanted it, I was going to sell the apartment, I didn’t I didn’t want to stay here for long and I most certainly didn’t want to stay long enough to run a radio station, but I’m pretty sure my brother’s dead or he’s not coming back at least.
      indent!I felt like I was going through a stranger’s things. I never realized while he was alive, but my dad was the kind of guy who kept everything. And I mean everything. Like, to the point where I was looking through an eighth box of holiday and post cards seriously contemplating the fact that my dad might’ve had some sort of hoarding disorder or something.
      indent!And that’s when I saw something that caught my eye. It’s a card that’s made of construction paper old enough that most of the colour is gone in some spots. The front says (spelling errors included) “greetings from kamp” in what I can only assume is supposed to be cursive but definitely isn’t, and is decorated with what it took me a while to realize were pine trees and not spears or arrowheads or something. It’s brittle too, so I had to be careful opening it. When I pulled it out the corner of the card came off just like that. The lettering inside is large enough that it fills both the top and bottom half of the horizontal greeting card, and all the ‘i’s are dotted with hearts which is really cute but also must’ve been pretty time consuming if you think about it. I must’ve been pretty young when I wrote it because it’s full of spelling errors, but honestly I’m not a lot better now. It says, verbatim:
        “Dear, Dad
        One of the countsolors here gave me paper so I’m writing a letter to you! Kamp is very fun! I espeshially like fishing here beacause there are a lot of fishes at home but they’re in nets and countsolor Todd taut me how to use a fishing pole. Countselor Todd is also half fish so I asked him if it counted as canniballism if he ate the fishes we caut. He said he’s not part fish, but I’m pretty sure that’s a lie beacause he has a tail. Sunny has not hit anyone YET, and I’m keeping my fingurs crossed about that. It’s hard to hold things with crossed fingurs and stuff.
        Love Edie”
      I’m keeping it.

compliment:
      indent!thanks, tak for letting me use todd in this and also! i really appreciate how active and helpful you are on the discord! you work really hard and you’re still so helpful and friendly. i just think you’re super cool and i really appreciate the work you do + honestly i don’t think you get enough cred for it. :o
ufos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparks! » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:59 am

username: ʀʏᴀɴ ʀᴏss.
kalon name: Burdock

Burdock wrote:
"Pip,

Dude, ya gotta get me outta here!
These people runnin' the kamp force ya to go outside.
Outside!
-burdock drew a small doodle of himself screaming at the sun-
Not to mention, this place seems to have two options for weather;
pouring rain or burning sun!
-another doodle of him screaming, but at a raincloud-
There's also the pollen. Constant sneezing.
-another doodle of the boy screaming at flowers-
There's also a metric ton of bugs!
-he's scream at bugs in a doodle-
I'll include the address on the back of this.
-doodle of him doing finger guns-
-Burdock
also shay is really cute okay bye"

compliment wrote:high noon-
your designs are the biggest eye candy tbh.
i love the unicorn kalon you made, he's amazing.

high noon's brother-
do you like the offspring?
because, uhh, you're gonna go far
kid
Last edited by sparks! on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
formerly kumquat., ryan ross. (but with fonts that are not very good with readers sorry!), and aventin!. i'm mostly inactive, but i do log on from time to time.
sparks!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mpdg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:18 pm

res.
<3
sash(a) / ♂ / he / adult
talk 2 me about: emo,
post hardcore, pop punk,
vocaloid, pokemon, OCs,
music history in general,
or anything else ur heart
desires. i am not always
active here but shoot me
a PM if u need anything!
🇵🇸 🇵🇸 🇵🇸 free palestine

mpdg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mousekewitz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:19 pm

OOF MARK

i have decided to move on from cs
im simply not as invested or active as i used to be

thank you to everyone who makes this site possible
to every supportive, kind community member ive met
the friends i have made and lost, the experiences ive had
its been an unforgettable ride & i will miss yall

thank you to my wife for introducing me
cs has been a huge part of our lives all this time
and im excited to see where life takes me next
mousekewitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cape.Corvid » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:59 pm

username: Cape.Corvid
kalon name:

yooo what a pretty kal!

October/Oktober?
male
Oi just here to make crappy art and crappy characters. Feel free to message me.
"And they were roommates!"
"Oh my god, they were roommates..."

↠ Crow ↞
↠ he/him ↞
↠ gay   ↞
↠ 80's aesthetic ↞
Cape.Corvid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes