username: NotaBear
kalon name: Abby
prompt:

--------------------------

**Warning: Violence and Gore**

prologue

She had always dreamed of a happy ending. Watching the world go past her. She would see all the smiling names and faces she would never meet or see again, live the few minutes of life she was able to witness. She had friends and people to hang with and parties to go to. But one thing was lacking. Despite that, Abby made the most of it and stayed happy. She had to.

"Abby", they gave her an innocent, inconspicuous name. She always thought she should have been named " Warning! Easily Angered" or " Do Not Touch" or something along those lines. But her parents were kind. Besides, everyone in town knew to be careful after Abby vaporized that nurse when she was born. It was all over the news. Her parents had to pay all funeral expenses, but Abby felt no major consequences. It was decided she was too young to have any control, therefore, she was innocent.

But the accident still plagued her. The nurse had had a daughter a few months before Abby was born. Nether family had the money to move away from one another from paying compensation or missing an income. So they shared the same class throughout school. From elementary to middle school, the nurse's daughter, Tristan blamed Abby for her mother's death. Constantly hounding Abby. But lucky for everyone and their lives, Abby had been taught since she was young to stay calm.

Even from the extraordinarily shaky start, the two had calmed down and even hung out from time to time in highschool. Tristan came to accept it wasn't Abby's fault, or so Abby thought. But for today they are on good terms, and she lives an almost normal life.

Part 1: Trust Issues

Abby sat by her locker for lunch as normal. Her group of friends joked and gossiped around her. Tristen wandered towards them from her corner of the auditorium, a grin on her soft and pretty face. " Hey Abby" she sweetly spoke, " Can I talk to you for a sec?" " Yeah," she stood from her spot in the ring of fur and personality on the floor, " what about?" " Follow me," Tristan ordered.

They made their way, Tristan in the lead, to the restroom. " What's so important we need to talk here, " Abby asked. " Oh nothing," Tristan stood with her back turned to Abby, " I just didn't want people to see," she said flatly. " See wa-" before the sentence could escape Abby, Tristan whipped around, claws shone and teeth glared in the artificial light.

Abby ran for the door and strait into one of Tristan's friends. The bigger girl shoved Abby right into Tristan's claws. Abby looked with panicked eyes as bone dug into the flesh on her forearms. She felt the panic and fear build up in her, but above that, anger. "This is for my mother," Tristan growled in Abby's tucked back ear. She released Abby to fall to the ground.

Abby looked Tristan in the eyes, " stupid, you should know by now what I can do." She let the anger bubble and brew through her. Abby's tongue snaked from her mouth, acid dripping from the gap in her taste buds. She lunged suddenly at Tristan, sinking her teeth into her until she tasted blood then held it. Letting the acid dissolve her fur and skin. She let go when Tristan shrieked.

The air smelled of burnt skin. Tristan's shoulder bubbled and steamed from the wound. The bite expanded as the acid took hold, traveling through Tristan. Abby froze in shock. She had heard of what she does, but had never seen her power used on another Kalon. It was terrible. She immediately felt sick.

But there was no time to dwell, the thunder of footsteps approached to break up the fight. The weight of what she had done crashed through the shock and the only thing that plagued her mind was "run".

Part 2: Expectation Vs. Reality

Abby struggled for the lonely window in the school restroom. Tristan screamed loudly, clawing at Abby, trying to get a hold of her pelt. The only good this did was staining Abbys resistant fur with her own acid. Leaving streaks of a deathly pale yellow-green.

Flinging free of her victim and assailant, she jumped up on top of the thin stalls. Abby dug her needle-like claws into the glass and melted the window with the acid running through her weapons. As the school's security charged into the restroom, she was gone. She tumbled strait out the window and into the bushes below, landing on her bleeding shoulder.

She laid there for a minute or two, catching her breath. Thoughts and regrets whirled around her mind and overcame her like a sickness. But she got up and moved before she got completely swept away. She had to go somewhere to hide, she didn't want to spend the rest of her life in prison. She went to the only person she could trust.

~◇~

Abby slunk along in the empty street, jumping at every sound. Totally not looking guilty. At least that's was she told herself. Emotions threatened to over come her, but she focused on walking and silently thanking her parents for teaching her how to stay calm.

She stopped when she reached her questionable salvation. Her best friend, who Abby believed should play hooky on a professional level, Cody. His house seemed welcoming in her eye as she leaped up the front steps and rang the doorbell.

" Wha..." a groggy-eyed Kalon opened the door and slumped against the doorframe, " what are you doing here?" " Please, you have to help me! I'm in trouble," Abby raced through her words, " but we can't talk out here." Startled by Abby's fast pace, a very now awake Cody motioned for her to come inside.

"What's wrong?" Cody asked once the door clicked shut. " I..I need to flee the country or something..." Abby said, distracted. " Tell me what you did!" Cody looked at her worried.

Abby didn't know whether it was because of being away from peering eyes, or having her best friend with her, but big tears began to roll down her face. Adding another stain to her collection, even her tears were acidic. She let out a pitiful whimper, trying to say something. Abby couldn't take it anymore, for all she knew Tristan was dead, and her life would never be the same. All her fear, anxiety, and just complete sadness and regret caught up to her.

"Hey, hey." Cody said softly with a worried look, " What happened, and what's this stuff on you?" He reached out to touch Abby's pelt. " Wait!" Abby took a few steps back, " It's my acid. " How'd it get there?" Cody asked, recoiling back slightly. " Tristan wiped it on me after...I.." Abby choked up even more, she didn't want to think about it. " Abby," Cody stood back in fear, but he hid it in his face well, " what did you do to her?" " She attacked me and I bit her!" Abby forced the words out of her, she felt like all her energy had drained. " Oh, no..." Cody whispered to himself then said to Abby, " We can get out of this, I have an idea."

Part 3: Refuge

Abby and Cody stood in front of a very worn building. Graffiti decorated the walls and the sun glanced of the broken windows. The industrial doors were rusted and creaked when they slid open. " There has to be a better place for me to hide out." Abby looked at her companion as if he just fell from the sky. " Where else would you go. You know you can't crash at my place. My mom would kill me, then turn you in!" Cody looked at her reassuringly, " besides, it's only temporary." " Oh, well that makes me feel better!" She rolled her tear stained eyes at him, " then where will I go!" " We'll... cross that bridge when we come to it." He smiled despite feeling utterly desperate for help. Abby sighed and nodded, knowing he must be tired of her at this point. " Ok, I'll let you get settled in and I'll bring you some food and a blanket or two after supper." Cody turned them looked back at Abby, " it'll be okay." And with that, he trotted back home.

Abby looked around her new, temporary home. It was a big abandoned warehouse that had rested at the edge of her neighborhood for as long as she could remember. There was plenty of space, broken glass, and rusted nails. Abby paced around the large area, while she tried to convince herself that it wasn't that bad.

~◇~

The night came and went, sleepless with a few bad plans and many more tears. Fear slowly crept into Abby as the sun rose, another day of running was ahead of her. Though, strangely, she also felt a peace creep in her thoughts.

She had come to the conclusion that maybe this is what she deserved. Maybe this was her penance for her actions. The rational part of her brain said that was stupid and that it was self defence, even if she knew no one would believe that. But she couldn't dismiss the idea that spending the rest of her life running would, in some way, make up for what she did. And with that idea came misguided peace, but it was the only thing she had left to hold on to

Epilogue

Abby lived the rest of years on the run. She hopped town to town, scavenging and stealing what she could. She never ended up in any major trouble, only interacting with people for the occasional hotel room if she had the money. She continued to believe that this was what she deserved for killing Tristan. She lived her life thinking that she was paying the price, and in this way she coped with what she had done.

~◇~

Tristan didn't die. There wasn't enough acid to kill her before she got to the hospital. She was left severely deformed, and had to have many reconstructive surgeries just to live an almost normal life.

She was a key witness in the case against Abby, but during the process she accidentally let it slip that she was the aggressor. Enough evidence was gathered to confirm that Tristan had the intent to kill. The jury found that Abby was not guilty and acted in self defense. A later trial was held against Tristan, she was found not guilty of attempted murder by the jury, despite the ruling of the earlier case.

~◇~

Cody never felt any reprocutions for harboring a, at the time, wanted criminal. Nobody ever found out and her never told anyone. He graduated from highschool and attended college despite his many absences. He married a sweet girl during college and together they lived contently.

Abby's Anatomy

Tristan, Abby, and Cody

Last edited by ICarinae on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
x
x

---------------------------
So if your wings
won't find you heaven/
I will bring it down
like an ancient bygone

Euclid -Sleep Token
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxx

He/They

adult | trans | inactive
(gender neutral)xxxxxxxxx
digital artist/seamstress/learning much more...
with a bit of writing on the side

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICarinae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #1413 - utopiosphere

Postby Mercuré » Wed May 30, 2018 11:14 am

Username: Irockwaffleking
Name: Claire

Prompt: (I tried but I'm not good at writing :? )
Claire walked out into the grassy field, staring up to the uninterrupted night sky. Normally the stars comforted her, but today they seemed to mock her. They were all together, many of them. In stark contrast she was alone, pained by her own thoughts. The only person she cared about she had pushed them away. At the time, she thought it was for the best, but now she wasn’t so sure. Alice had used magic like her, yet she was different. With a touch of her paw, hard earth would turn into soft soil sprouting luscious plants of all types. Alice could heal at will, that is how she met her, helping a small bird with a broken wing. Claire had been ashamed to show her powers when they first met, but she convinced her. With passion she struck her paw to the ground, and flames sprung up. She stomped it out, but she hated her magic. She hated the fact that she seemed to hold lives in her paws, the fact that she could destroy forests in one movement, barely using any effort. She hated destruction. Yet Alice didn’t mind, she said that her powers didn’t define her, that she wouldn’t use them for wrong. She hated how Alice could lie through a smile. How she could act like everything was fine, like Claire wasn’t a monster. When she was alone in the field, no one could her tell her she was not a monster, finally a place of truth. Deep down there was a small part of her who thought different. A tiny part that thought Alice was genuine, that thought Alice knew what he was talking about. She was in so much pain she hadn’t noticed the slight smell of smoke until now. She got up to look at the small circle of burnt grass. A blemish in a plain of perfection. Just like her.

She didn’t hear the soft footsteps through the sound of her own thoughts. She didn’t know someone was approaching until they sat next to her silent as the area surrounding them. All of the sudden a soft blow to the silence, a single word, “Please”

She knew who it was and what they meant instantly, “I shouldn’t be in the village.” Claire said rolling over to face him.

Her face even when sad had that glow of kindness and strength. Yet it seemed dimmed tonight, for once the stars outshone her. She spoke in a quiet voice, “You’re right, you’re destined for greater” she paused looking up to the stars, “You think destruction is bad, but it goes hand and hand with life, it has beauty to it” another pause “Without destruction, new life cannot form. Though destruction is often viewed as evil, it isn’t always. You aren’t evil.” Alice’s gaze had now turned to Claire, “You aren’t evil.”

Claire could feel herself tearing up as she hugged Alice, “Will you give me another chance?” Claire said her voice dripping with sadness

Alice flashed her signature heartwarming smile “Of course.”
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 pm

username: salty.sweet
kalon name:
[impress me]

yEs pLEaSe

liight (she/they)

artist who draws silly and funky characters
    <--- enoki is my baby boy

discord: ask! || twitter: liightpinked
    toyhouse: liightning || art fight: liightning
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilhdc7 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:57 pm

username: ilhdc7
kalon name:
[impress me]

um major marrrkk?
ilhdc7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyuuu » Wed May 30, 2018 5:26 pm

mark
Tyuuu | She/Her

Tyuuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 오케이 부머 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:28 am

⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯
i. her name is eve. she's very gentle
and tends to her garden. ii. she's ve
ry patient and likes to live in foggy
places. iii. her journals are filled wi
th past experiences and coping skill
s. iv. she has a love for toads.
──
POWER ! !
AND CONTROL
journal entry 1: today was difficult.
i dealt with more than i could hand
le. good thing i live alone. all alone

I'M GONNA MAKE YOU
username: ruined ─── FALL !
although sad, or depressed i should say, eve was
determined to find a spell that would lift her sad
dening heart. while finding her spell books, she r
ealized something. the sound of toads made her l
augh. this reminded her that there was happiness
all around. this made her friends with the forest.

⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯
██████████████
██████████████
오케이 부머

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu May 31, 2018 10:11 am

username:
kalon name:
[impress me]

Marking this precious

Postby Sapphire_Amulet » Thu May 31, 2018 10:31 am

username: Sapphire_Amulet
kalon name: Clockwork
prompt:
It was late, so late that no one should have been awake. But she was. Clockwork had been awake for days trying to figure something out. Was it a curse? Was it a spirit? What could have done this? She was determined to find out. The other night she had awoken to the sound of ear piercing screaming. She rushed into the hallway, trying to find out where it had come from. Sharp claws gripped her heart as she looked towards her little sister's room. A shadow dark as night slipped out of the room and the screaming abruptly stopped. She called out to see if the creature was still there.
"Hello? Who's there? And what have you done to my sister?" Silence filled the house, louder than a reply. When she was sure that she would not get a reply she crept into her sister's room and made her way to the side of the bed. Stella was still, the only moving part of her was the rise and fall of her calm breath. Clockwork shook her head, trying to shake off the feeling of dread that was overtaking her.
"There is nothing you can do for her" whispered a deep voice from the door of the room. Clockwork whipped around, her golden markings glowing, to illuminate what she thought was the shadow from before.
"What have you done to her?!" She yelled at the creature, trying to stop the tears that were streaming down her face.
"Fufufu, That's something I can't tell you Miss Clockwork. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough".

WIP!!! :D

[impress me]
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
WITH YOU !!
──────── █▒