Anniversary Adopt — April | Diamond by Karmel

Based on Click to view
Artist Karmel [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
123 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Anniversary Adopt — April | Diamond

Postby Karmel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Diamond is the birthstone for the month of April. It symbolizes love, eternity, and strength.
Those born in this month having the star sign of Aries or Taurus, and the birth flower of Daisy or Sweet Pea.

This contest will be a prompt answer!

The deadline is April 1st at 9:00 PM PST.
[Click here to see the current time]

You may answer the prompt with either art or writing. Neither is given preference, as the only thing judged is concept.
Prettying up your form is fine but no extras are allowed.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]What Do They Love The Most:[/b] (either up to 1000 words maximum OR art)

If you choose art, comics are allowed if you desire.
If you choose writing, this can be done in any form story or otherwise.

Have fun! <3

Standard: Shine
Common: Hair, Tail, Longer Fur
Uncommon: Ears, Short Fur
Rare: Extra Limbs
Last edited by Karmel on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt — April | Diamond

Postby Meridiem » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Username: Meridiem
Name: Diana
What Do They Love The Most:

January 4th, 1940
Dear Diary,
The mouse got into the sack of flour again. I really need to figure out how to prevent him getting into that squeaky cabinet. I really wish I could just talk to that mouse and tell him that if he would quit getting into my ration of flour, I would give him some cheese curds or corn kernels. Oh, well such is life. After cleaning up his white little footprints, I headed over to Dave's home. He was digging up the weeds in his barren garden. I waved to him. The wind took my hat off my head and whisked it away. Dave chased in down for me; he is such a gentleman. His hair is just so luscious, I wish I could run my paws through it. I wish I could have met Dave when I was of age for marriage and kits, oh how happy we would be together. Me, being a beautiful housewife and taking care of the kits, and him, going to work every day and working hard to support his kits and me. Oh, how a girl can dream! Well, I best be going, dusk is setting in early today.
Yours,
Diana

January 28th, 1940
Dear Diary,
A heavy snow came down last night. I forgot to close the downstairs window so my breakfast nook has some damp spots on the floor. It's such a tragedy. I am going to try and dry that fast today. Also, that small mouse trap finally caught the little mouse. I think I'm going to keep him. The market sells some smaller cages that I can keep him in. I told Dave about the mouse and he looked sorta disgusted. I regretted telling him almost immediately, but Dave then recommended taking him to an animal doctor just to make sure nothing bad happens to the little guy. I knew Dave still had a heart of gold. Dave told me all about how his lilies that he planned to get for his empty garden once the snow goes away. I really don't like lilies, I'm more of a daisy girl myself. I told him that he should do daisies instead and he just chuckled at the idea. Apparently, daisies are a women's flower, whatever that means. I was a bit offended but I couldn't let that show. Anyways, I better get going, I have a lot of work to do downstairs.
Yours,
Diana

February 14th, 1940
Dear Diary,
Its the day of St. Valentine! A day of love! I'm so excited to give Dave his gift from me and Juno. Juno is loving his new cage form the market. I got him a small wheel that he likes to run on as well. Juno eats very well and is a good boy when I have company is over. Dave came over last weekend to have dinner with me due to the fact that his stove was not working properly. He complimented my taste in wallpaper, which I pride myself on. We had some chicken and yams. Oh, how I hope he meant it when he said my cooking was divine! We had some very nice small talk through the whole dinner. I tried my very best to be lady-like and have the best table manners. I asked some questions about his garden and how those awful lilies were taking root. I was surprised by his response that he uprooted them before they had the chance to take a hold in the ground. He also said that he was now considering getting daisies to take their spot. That put a really big smile on my face, hopefully, there was nothing in my teeth. I must go, Juno is squeaking for his dinner.
Yours,
Diana

March 9, 1940
Dear Diary,
I have been working like a madhouse to move all my items around. I read an article in the paper the other day on how to make your house more friendly and open to a guest that you are trying to impress. Dave offered to help me out, but I declined his offer because I don't want to ruin the surprise for him. I really hope he likes this new arrangement because this is a lot of work. Juno is still sleeping, which I don't know how he can do that with all the noise I am making moving my furniture. I just love Juno to pieces though. He keeps me company during the rain storms which is very comforting because the thunder really spooks me sometimes. Dave has invited me to dinner tonight at the small diner in town. He told me to wear my very best, so he must be planning something major. When he asked, he brought me some fresh cut daisies form his garden, which might I say took root perfectly. Well, I must go, Dave is waiting for me.
Yours,
Diana

April 2, 1940
Dear Diary,
Well, my mother took the news so well. She was jumping with joy over brunch. I showed her the ring and she nearly fainted. I still can't believe this is happening to Dave and I. I will remember that night for the rest of my days. The ring is a princess cut diamond with a silver band. It's beyond stunning. Dave is helping me move all of my things over to his our home. Everything is happening so fast I just can't believe my luck. Dave is such a wonderful man and I am so lucky to be able to be called his soon-to-be wife. What a life we will have. I have already picked out the nursery colors for when we have kits of our own. Oh, Dave brought over more daisies this morning to but on my table by the door so I think of him every time I leave. What a sweet and loving man. I just don't know what to say other than I love Dave so much.
Dave's,
Diana

Word Count: 1000/1000
Last edited by Meridiem on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluewingz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Username:
Name:
What Do They Love The Most: (either up to 1000 words maximum OR art)

Ress
bluewingz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zuppe » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Username:
Name:

m a y b e
╔══════════════╗

xx Deviantart // Flightrising // Tumblr.

xxxxxxPokefarm // Toyhouse

───────────────────────────

xx My Mains // Rebirth // My Kiamaras

xxxxxxMy JBDs // My Plumerians

───────────────────────────

Commissions are: Closed!
Art Trades are: Open!
Requests are: Friends Only!

++Interested in commissioning me?
contact me through pm or over
on my deviantart page!++

sig artwork by sixbane and niluna -->

╚══════════════╝
xx𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼..

ImageImageImage

Jazz // She/Her // Lesbian // Cisgender // Professional Artist & College Student

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Username: .Lyrebird
    Name: Dahlia
    What Do They Love The Most: "April showers bring may flowers!" Dahlia had always loved spring; a time for change and a time for new beauty. It smelled nice, looked nice, and above all, made her feel like she belonged. Her favorite part of spring, however, was the rain! There was little better than sitting up on her grandmother's old rocking chair with a warm cup of hot cocoa grasped in her paws to ward off the lingering chill of morning and watching a soft mist of rain bring the world back to life after winter. Even the storms, beautiful and terrifying, brought her some feeling of peace as she thought of the flowers that would spring up after the clouds rolled away.

[ just in case, proof that rain/storms was my idea first, not meant to be rude but i've been in comps before where it's mattered and im just paranoid <3]
Last edited by .Lyrebird on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Username: _silentsiren_
      Name: Annalese
      What Do They Love The Most: S C R E A M I N G
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Username: Yuroshi
Name: Yuu
WIP

Mark

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Mark!!

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pees » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 pm

help this is too good
pees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morta » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Username:
Name:

res with music
OwO
Morta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me