Re: Anniversary Adopt - March | Aquamarine

Postby solasta » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:44 am

username; solasta | kalon name; tierney | kalon gender; male | myth (321 words);
one may say that when the alluring presence of a koi made of aquamarine appears before you in crystal waters, you must look directly in the water in search for your reflection. if one sees their reflection they have been blessed for the following month with luck greater that the gods above. when one look upon the water and finds no reflection, you shall have a great misfortune for the rest of the following month. may the good or bad grace you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tierney is the name of this special male. he is graceful and has beauty greater than the fairest of them all. they consider him lucky, yet to some, they claim him to be the bearer of a deep misfortune. as a child, he found a koi that resembled the stone aquamarine, in a tiny fish bowl of a small town pet shop. feeling bad, he took this fish home and placed the small koi in his family's small koi pond. once he put the small koi in the pond, the koi seemed to dance around with grace and spirit. he was so joyful. proud, tierney later went to bed to only awaken to the small koi completely monstrous. the koi had smiled gently, winked and disappeared. in shock, tierney sat their in awe with his mouth wide open. tierney coughed sensing something in his mouth. approaching the pond, he looked down and found extremely long thread-like whiskers on his muzzle. he realized they resemble the koi's whiskers. he ran into the town shouting the koi had graced him with luck. some townspeople approved, while others did not. some considered tierney beautiful and full of luck, whereas other seen him as a beast who was unlucky. later, towns-children would shout a small tale of tierney. tierney was now considered a prize to many. a myth that has became true. the strongest beauty only exists in the most unique of people.
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lileevine » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:42 pm

username; Lileevine
    kalon name; Hyacinthe
    kalon gender; Male
    myth (499/500 words);

"The marshlands are a dangerous place", or at least, so he had been told. But there was something so enticing about those deep bogs that the young kalon couldn't help but wander in, from time to time. He never went far anyways. At least, not at first. The first time around, he stayed ten steps away from the line of trees. The second, five. The third, two, and by the tenth, he could barely see the light escaping from the branches anymore.
    The bog was amazing. He felt alive, here. But, there was also fear, deep inside. So he never really went far, always counted his steps and trudged back home reluctantly through mud and leaves. He was torn; the call of the wild marshland compelled him, but he understood the reasoning behind his elder's words. The bog was dangerous. Not only was it a confusing labyrinth in which you could easily get lost, but, unquestionably, spirits resided there. Most importantly, one. La Dame du Marais. She controlled the will-o-wisps that tricked people deep into the mangroves, ruled over the reptiles, twisted people's memories, all for her own cruel amusement. She was not to be tampered with. And yet, he found himself coming more and more often.
    Until one, fatal day. Suddenly, he realised he had unwittingly followed a snake too far into the marsh. He tried to forced himself to remember steps, a landmark, anything, to no avail. Defeat seemed to come crashing down, until a glimmer of hope made itself known from behind a tree. The kalon's heart soared. A light! Stumbling over his own paws, he chased it, only to quickly realise it kept on moving further away from him. Instantly, he stopped. Somethng was afoot. He heard a long, slow, clap from behind and slowly turned, fear pounding through his entire being.
    Standing behind him was the most impressive, most terrifying woman he'd ever seen.
    La Dame du Marais.
    "You're a quick one." She'd said. "They take longer normally."
    "No!" He blurted out, ignoring her previous comment. "Pleae! Spare me!"
    She frowned in response, annoyed. "And why would I ever do that?"
    "Because..." He licked his lips. "...Because... I-it's not fair."
    "Life isn't fair."
    "Yes but-! You must be bored!"
    She raised her eybrows at this. "Me? How? And what do you care?"
    "You've been going about, tricking people for so long, it must get boring... Always the same... So easy... I know the marsh. Let's play a game. You lure people in, I try to free them. Whoever saves or tricks the most people wins."
    She threw her head back, laughing. "Very well! You have guts, little cub! We shall play your game!"
    And thus, the legend of Le Guide, the foil to La Dame du Marais was born. A kalon, who runs in the marshes late at night, guiding people back to safety while shielding them from the sight of will-o-wisps and snakes, his shining green kelp marking paths out of the marshlands.
Lileevine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:01 am

i'm sorry for such short notice, but can there be an extension?

just by, 24 hours, perhaps? ;v;

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Great Catfish

Postby whim » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:21 pm

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
username; whim /// kalon name; Mira /// kalon gender; Female
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

myth;

"Ah, ah! Now you be careful with those words of yours, my sweet daughter." Her father mused, the two pausing at a nearby pond. "They say your whiskers will only grow longer with each lie you tell." He continued, a bit of a smirk forming on his lips. "Of course I'm telling the truth! But... What do you mean?" Mira asked, though her paws began to sweat a bit at her father's claim about her whiskers. She hadn't been all that truthful despite what she had said, after all. "Well... How about we sit down for a story?"

Once, there lived a great catfish, the wisest in the vast pond he inhabited. He had everything: a grand palace, all the riches he could want, and the most perfect of families. He could be distinguished from the rest by his long, flowing whiskers that wisped in the water as he swam. The villagers often wondered how he had grown such vast whiskers... As most of their own were quite petite.

"My son... You disappoint me! You have not listened to me at all, and all your fortune has been earned by corruption!" His mother came to him one day, showing great dismay with her own son. Both fish certainly knew what she was speaking of. "Just look at your whiskers, so long and full of lies."

"What do you know, mother? Your tale is nothing but a silly little children's story... The longer the whiskers, the more lies that have been told? Humph! My whiskers mean nothing of my honesty! For if they did, they would be so short, they wouldn't be visible!" The vain catfish insisted, swimming off and away from his mother. His whiskers ironically appeared longer than usual as he did so...

It didn't sit well with the mother. She would teach him a lesson. She was the eldest fish in the pond, and by far knew how, exactly, a fish's whiskers grew. The very next morning she had gathered the villagers into the elegant plaza, calling attention to her son that ruled. "You have all been told lies! My son, your king, has not gained any of this by honesty... Why, even his fortune was stolen!" She preached in the square, earning gasps from the fish. Before her son could protest, she brought up several evidence surrounding his lies, eventually tying the fact that whisker's lengths had to do with how truthful a fish was.

"None of that is true! Do not believe this woman! If this myth were true, my whiskers would indeed have never grown!" He cried as a last attempt at redemption. Though something extraordinary happened, and the whole village watched, astonished: the catfish's whiskers grew even longer.

Ever since her father had told Mira this story, it had been her absolute favorite. She could get any truth out of anyone by retelling this tale of the unfortunate catfish king's fall merely due to his whiskers. Ironically, though, Mira's whiskers are quite long, too. (500)
Last edited by whim on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance )

Postby hellb0und » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 am

匚ㄖㄥㄥ丨乃乇
          xxxxxCURIOSITY CAN BE AS DANGER AS A BUTTERFLY,

she was a youthful and curious thing, always seemingly landing herself in some
          kind of new trouble with each passing day. although they say "curiosity killed the cat", and indeed it did.
          she had been told tales of beasts with oblong fangs and bloodshot eyes, living in the shadows with the el
          derly, crazed man up in the mountains. frequently in high hopes that it'd keep the girl away from her de
          sired, treacherous ventures. though it only sparked the flame raging within her further, upbringing an inf
          erno. she did what they said she couldn't, wouldn't. tugged on a pair of hiking boots and comfortable attire,
          then trekked her way through the vast forest, filled with rabid creatures and mangled branches. remaining
          on the dirt path as she was told to do, and found her way to the towering, eerie rubble. unable to scale the
          rough terrain she was presented with, she noted a slab left ajar. presenting her with obscurity, nothingness.
          she hurried her way in, irrationally blowing off the thought that what awaited her could be much more sinister.
          the rock that imprisoned her carved into an ascending staircase. "hello?!" the young girl called out, peering
          around. as she maneuvered further up, her interest flourished at the echoing sounds of heavy footsteps. "what
          are you doing here?" it snarled, tone decrepit & vexatious. smiling in a malevolent manner, revealing a set of
          fractured teeth. "sir, i hadn't realized the stories about you were true..." she murmured, unable to hide the
          quaver in her voice. gulping. "why of course they be true!" he cackled, and abruptly the area lit up. his hollow
          eyes and toothy grin. her gaze shifted just past his slouching shoulder and locked on the monster, peering back
          at her with glowing, crimson oculars. "should've listened, little one." the light went out and her petrified howls
          of terror rang out. the last thing she saw was the eyes of the beast. nefarious and bloodthirsty. the town never
          saw the young female runaway again. clucking their tongues and shaking their heads. "curiosity killed the cat,"
          they'd mutter as her story was passed on.

her story is still told to this very day. keeping those who dare to attempt what she had done away. they say if
          you listen carefully enough, at exactly the stroke of midnight, can still hear her terrified screams. and some
          claim they've seen her spirit, looming around the forsaken area. illuminating with a brilliant turquoise.

xxxxxxxxxHOVERING OVER A FLAME.
Last edited by hellb0und on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Levi~ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:02 am

username; ~Levi~
kalon name; Ronya - One who brings change
kalon gender; female
myth (max 500 words) / art;

As the winter ends and the snows start to melt, and the flowers start to bloom the people say Ronya has passed by, the bringer of change and new beginnings. The story goes that once there was a mother wolf spirit that gave birth to her cubs in the darkness of winter, with only the bare ice walls of her den for company. The winter had been as long as any living memory and try as she might the mother struggled to find food for her cubs as both she and they grew weaker and weaker. For survival another might have abandoned her cubs and focused on herself but a mothers love is not the weak.

And so the mother continued to push herself, going further and further to find prey, but she found none. Finally she decided to go out once more, her ribs were showing and it was a struggle to walk an oh how she wished fo the winter to end. The winter did not end, but the gods had graced her with finding a frozen rabbit, it too had struggled in the winter. The mother ate the rabbit as quickly as she could before starting her long trudge back to her cubs as fast as she could manage.

By the time she arrived she was exhausted, eyes barely being able to be kept open and her paws long since frozen and numb, but there were her cubs. Only her cubs lay as still as stone, with not a breath still in them. And the mother howled her rage at the Gods, cursing and grieving her loss until all her energy was spent and she collapsed.it was then she heard the weak whine and sft snuffling, the last of her pups had survived, being kept warm y its siblings now dead corpses. The mother crawled over towards her pup using the last of her energy into curling around her pup and wishing for the change to spring to occur.

The pup survived on the last of its dead mothers milk and the wish for change which was heard by the Gods passed into the pup – Ronya – and filled its being. And as the pup opened its eyes for the first time, its gaze filled with its mother’s soft pelt, the air began to warm, and the snow began to melt. Winter has finally ended.

As Ronya grew she travled, following the sun and bring the warmth of her mother’s love and the will for change with her, thus triggering spring to break wherever she went. As she travelled she brought life and warmth and when she left the snow once more took over. This was how Ronya earned her title as ‘Den som ger förändring’ (one who give change/ one who brings change) and how the first seasons started to form.

The picture shows Alfhild bringing the spring with her as she walks.
Last edited by ~Levi~ on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fledgling_Tempest » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:21 am

Username; Fledgling_Tempest

kalon name; Dariyah

kalon gender; Female

Myth

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deep within the sea lies a spirit of the water, longing to embrace her lover, who teases her night after night. Once in a blue moon, the spirit bursts forth sending a shower of water droplets that gently fall to earth as they shine of moonlight, a blessing of fertility.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sunflowers
    Sunshine

I am simply somewhere.
Fledgling_Tempest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:24 am

𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞
    Grey_Hoodie
      𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞
      Fen
        𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
        Male

ImageImage
              𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡
              He was, in truth, a vengeful spirit, but the tales told of him often misconstrued
              the intent behind his actions. Lost in an ancient rage that refused to dissipate
              even as his memories were shattered and left to wander the hazy confines of
              his mind – until he could no longer recall where his original hatred was directed –
              the soft, sweet stories of golden riches offered a easy calm Fen had almost con-
              vinced himself he could never achieve.

Of him, the people said he was a sailor’s guide through the worst of storms, and
              that he was guardian to an idyll land with cities made of silver and paths paved
              with gold. The people were convinced he would always paint the shorelines with
              treasure in exchange for the company of their lost seafarers when, in truth, he
              capsized their ships with lone titanic waves.

But the legend was charming, and sometimes Fen liked to think that he might
              someday be able to forget his woes and fill up the hero’s role as fittingly as his
              literary counterpart seemed to. That time would likely never come, but Fen
              offered what he could – clear skies and strong winds atop a calm sea -- in the
              moments where he could simply sit and listen to the glory of another version of
              himself.

- - - - - - - - - -

The sailors took turns watching the distant waters.
              It was seven months to the neighboring island. And it
              was through churning, dangerous waters notorious for
              shipwrecks that they needed to travel.

The morning sky alighted in a brilliant red, and the wave
              caps were turned from white to gold in the rising sun’s
              glow. The waves rose to unbelievable heights and crashed
              down onto the deck, tossing the men around and crunching
              the ship against hidden rock peaks.

Lost to the torrents were those that couldn’t catch a handhold
              before the vessel pressed nearly flat on its side. Evermore they
              felt their unfortunate luck grow as the skies darkened and a
              screaming storm began to rage around them.

But then his figure rose from the waters, walking steadily on
              the curling ripples of a magnificent, glowing wave. The sailors
              leapt from their posts and clung to the railings as they offered
              to him desperate pleas and words of greeting. They wondered,
              Why was their ship the target of such viciousness? What of their
              measly vessel had called out to Fen, the oceans’ sole master?

With naught a word and merely a remorseful smile, Fen bowed
              his head and from the sky came a tumbling of golden treasures
              as compensation. Then, on the crest of his wave, Fen sliced
              through the waters and forged an unusual path, beckoning the
              ship’s sailors after him.

Thoughtless and thankful, they left behind their ship and
              followed him to a foreign isle of paradise to live out the rest of
              their days. The waves that sloshed against their home islands
              presented to worried families Fen’s rain of golden gifts, an apology
              and thanks for the company.

( 499/500 words )
                ImageImage
              spa

Grey_Hoodie

My pets
            My items
            My wishlist
            My gallery
            My scenes
            My dressups
            Trade with me

Anniversary Adopt - March | Aquamarine (extension!)

Postby necropoliis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Upon request, this has been extended to Saturday, March 31st, at 8 PM est (rollover to the 1st)!

necropoliis#5084

any pronouns | infp
              kals
            necropoliis

My pets
            My items
            My wishlist
            My gallery
            My scenes
            My dressups
            Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:02 am

username; NaCl
            kalon name; Angelica
            kalon gender; Female
            myth (max 500 words) / art;
            Angelica is believed to be immortal and the last of an ancient society. It is said her long whiskers were a trait of ancient Mages and upon seeing the death of her people Angelica cast a powerful spell that does more harm than good. Immortality. Now she wanders the lands trying to rebuild her society, trying to find descendants of her people that managed to escape the certain death that fell upon her people. Some legends say she was the princess, the queen, or to be wed to the prince or king. It is also said that if you see Angelica that you are descended from her people and possess the ability to be a great and powerful mage, though some say that if you see her she wants to take you away into the forest where you will be lead to your doom. The legend depends on how your family views magic.
            But there is truth to every myth, so how much of Angelica's story is true? Maybe you should find out.
            My Storkies
            Storkverse Storage
            My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
            My pronouns are She/They/Snow
            I am currently a staff member for Storkies
            feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
            NaCl

My pets
            My items
            My wishlist
            My gallery