My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1476 -- Ghost Flame

Postby discontinued. » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 am

username: discontinued.
kalon name: Luksus or Velstand
mask: wip
explanation [500 words max]: Qilin inspired

Qilin are often associated in colors with the elements, precious metals, stars, and gem stones.
Qilin's are capable of distinguishing between good men and evildoers. Being naturally lonely creatures, they choose to associate only with the best of men. They guard the homes of the kind, reward their good deeds with rich blessings, and fill their hearts with happiness. Qilin's have the gift of prophecy. Although they rarely come right out and state their predictions, they are powerful omens of good fortune. If you see a Qilin, you can be sure that you will soon experience a magnitude of good luck or that you will meet one of the great men they accompany.

Last edited by discontinued. on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ocean_ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:13 am

username:
    kalon name:
    mask:
    explanation [500 words max]:

wip !
ocean_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 am

username: Divantae
kalon name: Timea
mask:
explanation:
Breaths were withheld and parents clutched onto their kids' paws as Timea passed, clad in her sandy and ruined suit that hid her midnight form. Her head, which for once was not hidden behind her mask, stuck out like a sore thumb in the desert wasteland. This, an outpost, would protect her from what she hid from, what haunted her if she let herself catch dreams. Otherwise, the mask would have to be on at all times.

What was she to fear? The inexperienced tourists thought her worries extreme, as why should she fear such a harmless creature? See, her mask was an exact replica of the predator of the pesky fairies that flooded every sandy crevice of the dunes. Most Kalons would sneer at the sight of such fairies, since they were so tiny, but Timea knew about their tricky nature and their hidden venom. All explorers of the tombs knew that fairies would stop at nothing to protect their treasure, as the greedy creatures they were. Every week there's a new case of a fairy stealing something of value from a traveler: last week it was a ring, yesterday it was a phone. Who is it to go and get the treasure back? Who should it be to save the day? No one but Timea, of course.

"Ah yes," she grumbled, "how adorable they are," she thought as she got some coffee from a stand, where some fairies were lingering under the tables and hiding behind corners, and like pigeons Kalons would affectionately name them and give them treats. Plainly, these creatures were demons, and they had no right to be here, but at least they knew not to kill anyone here, with so many Kalons around. It was like Timea was the only person in the world to have a brain, but then again, most locals here also shared her sentiments, having seen their treachery for their whole lives.

If only Timea could stop this, once and for all... Well, that's what she is doing, in secret. Most explorers only expel the fairies out of necessity, but she is sending them straight back to the demon world one step at a time with her camouflaged gear and her mask. That and the help of a local Kalon who breeds the natural predator of the fairies are keeping the population somewhat under control, even if they still linger. Timea suspects that there is a portal from the demon world that the fairies use, so she often braves the fairies' territories looking for it.

Still, it's hard work with all the lengths she has to go to, with all the layers of clothing she dons just to blend in with her surroundings. Maybe for a few minutes she can rest easy and drink her coffee in the comfort and shade of the storefront.
[474/500 words]
Last edited by Divantae on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:11 am

username:
kalon name:
mask:
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 am

username: 11037
kalon name: echo
mask:
a gentle wooden mask, seemingly very old. the paint has chipped off after years of use, and the gem and stars are dulling in their glow. flowers have started to grow out of the cracked wood. the mask is an echo of it's owner's former self, a reflection of how they too have grown broken and dull. the elastic on the back is stretched and falling apart, it's owner's head having a matted dip in the fur where it rests. the rotting wood rests ever so slightly wrong upon echo's face, but they refuse to get a mask that is the right size for them. this mask is now a part of their identity; or, rather, what is left of it.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby squints » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am

mark
squints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:40 pm

username: Caeleesi
kalon name: Krel
mask:
" Maybe if I cover my face in the same colours I am, I'll truly resemble a spirit."

. Obsession with the medium ; Ouija boards and spirits
. Halloween is his favourite holiday, because he gets to try and spook others into thinking he's a ghost
. Lives in nearby woods w/fairy lights decorating the path up to his house
. Wears a white-blue robe with his mask when going trick or treating, complete with light blue led lights to give it a "glow" effect
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:00 pm

username: Drasheep
kalon name: Angeni
mask:

Angeni sat quietly with the cloth mask in his hands. He could feel soft feathers on the upper rim, what felt like delicate butterfly wings on the bottom, and smooth detailing was sewn here and there. He clenched his paws around it, and shaking slightly, placed it gently upon his face. It was almost like a gasp of fresh, cool air as he opened his eyes. He stared mystified at what surrounded him. Trees, real trees, circled the clearing, their fresh autumn colors dancing against the shadowy night sky. Grass swirled about his feet, and each blade seemed to frolic about his paws, droplets glittering in the dewy shade. He gazed open-mouthed at his surroundings, the world being reborn in his luminescent blue eyes.
His ear twitched, and he leaped around to face whatever he had detected. His fur spiked along his hackles, he'd learned that the best way to protect himself was to scare others away, to be as distant as he could from society. A soothing scent of honeysuckle and summer breezes filled his nose, and the gently melody of katydids swam into his pricked ears. The fallen leaves crunched gently as a creature formed from the underbrush. His gaze sought out her eyes, the first ones he'd ever seen.
"Welcome," the creature murmured, her body almost glowing in the crisp autumn night. "You have called for me, for my gift, for my guidance." He cocked his head to the side, quite startled, but his eyes could not leave hers. They were like moonlit ponds with stars frolicking throughout them. She sighed. "You see, you may not have physically called me, but your soul did. Every full moon, on Hallow's Eve, when us spirits are strongest, I have the power to grant one mortal a wish." Her face grew amused as Angeni's filled with fear upon her saying "spirits". "I'm a goddess. The goddess of the moon. I chose you, out of thousands of wishers, to receive my gift. I brought you here, to a spot in the woods that is, quite simply, one of my favorite places. This used to be a grand garden, and it was my home." She glanced wistfully at an old willow which lay at one end of the clearing, who's grizzled branches cloaked the earth as if it was claiming it all greedily for itself. "But that is not of importance. Your wish has been granted, and it is nearing my time to send you back to where you came from." She walked forward, her graceful legs barely stirring the soft grass beneath them. She touched her nose to his own, and it send a shock racing throughout his body. Her nose was like ice, like the moon itself. She murmured gently in his ear before he vanished. "When you wear the mask, you will be gifted with sight. Should you take it off, you will be blind again."
He stumbled into the doorway of his caravan, his old home now unfamiliar.
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peachpie1164 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:12 pm