Re: Viscet #2895

Postby RadioactiveRenegade » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 am

Oof okay since the deadline is now Jan 1st I'm gonna work on the form straight away xD thank you again James!
RadioactiveRenegade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby park. » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Wooo more time!
wip
park.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 am

So are we calling this officially closed? quq
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 am

You are correct. I apologise for the delay in judging; I work a lot now! thank you all for your patience <3

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby park. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 am

take your time james and good luck to everyone else who entered! Such lovely forums!
wip
park.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 am

not a problem! I just want to check before I made any more edits and risk disqualification! Take your time! <3
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luca-Soulishan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 pm

Take as much time as you need
Luca-Soulishan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katsue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:27 am

Please judge this competition asap!
katsue
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: :| To Live in Light |: { Viscet 2895 } [ Hunter ]

Postby milo. » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm

hey all! james has been swamped with various responsibilities and asked if i would step in to judge this c:

there were a few very very amazing forms, and it was difficult to decide, so i would like to congratulate everyone, first of all, for how much time you put into these forms-- and especially for your patience during this busy time of year!

i would like to award this gorgeous viscet to SpartanAmethyst! congratulations!

all information will be updated for you when james is available to do so

thanks again everyone! have a wonderful spring!

SpartanAmethyst wrote:

Alyne || male || young adult || career optimist || needs more coffee

in a name: Variant form of Slavic "Alina", meaning "bright or
beautiful", or Celtic version "fair"; pron. "ah-lean".
Many people mistake Alyne as female due his soft personality and feminine name.

destiny: 3 | personality: 6 | soul: 6
Alyne is a walking inspiration to everyone around him. Kind and generous, he's overwhelmingly positive and always enthusiastic about things in general. He has a knack to bring out the best in others, and works more for the good of others rather than he does for his own. Often times he will neglect himself without realizing it just because he's so focused on those around him. Understanding and compassionate, he loves to help others who are in need of comfort. Alyne is romantic, artistic, protective, faithful, a peacemaker and has an excellent sense of taste and color. He's agreeable and easy-going, gives more priority to his family over his career, but isn't afraid to step up to a challenge.

/mo͞onbliNGk/ noun 1. A temporary blindness, or impairment of sight, said to
be caused by sleeping in the moonlight; - sometimes called nyctalopia.

Most people confuse Alyne's condition with another very similar one: nyctalopia. Because his pupils are that stunning silver, they assume he suffers from the inability to see well at night or in low light, when in all actuality it's the exact opposite. Alyne suffers from Hemeralopia (from Greek ημέρα hemera, "day", and αλαός alaos, "blindness"), which is the inability to see clearly in bright light, such as during a clear day. His light colored pupils pull in too much light and can damage the ocular nerves, resulting in pain and can give him an intense headache. This actually gives him superb eyesight at night and in dark places; how we see in daylight is how he sees at night. Because of this, he sleeps during the day and works at night, and has special dark glasses for when he does have to go out during the day.

When Alyne was born, his parents knew that he was unique. Now, one might argue that all children are unique in their own way, but Alyne was different. When he opened his eyes, the first thing they noticed were his bright, silvery pupils; concerned, they immediately planned to have tests done to make sure he was safe and healthy. For these tests, though, he had to be a certain age. So as new parents do, they trod very carefully through each milestone; it didn't take long to notice that he would cry if taken out into the sunlight for too long. He wasn't blind, and was totally fine indoors or in low light, so they kept the house a little darker so he would be comfortable. From a very young age he showed his true talents: He learned quickly, boasting an amazing prowess for mathematics and engineering, paired with an extreme passion for astronomy. After all, his coat was the color of the night sky, and he was marked by the celestial bodies he so adored. In the end, it was not surprising when he set his sights on the heavens.

Alyne whizzed through homeschool, rarely taking a day off and passing all of his classes with easy A's. He watched with dogged interest at each space flight came and went; while space travel was extremely common, it still required money. Something his parents didn't have. So he worked hard and through sheer force of will and scholarships, he earned his doctorate in xenobiology and colonial engineering- designs for designing and building new habitats on other planets. It didn't take long after that for him to be picked up by a program called the New Pacific Arcology and whisked away to Titan, where he helped maintain the habitats hovering valiantly above the moon's methane oceans until the Collapse. He managed to make it back to the Russian Spaceport, trying to outrun the Hive, but never made it out of the Cosmodrome.

Alyne awoke as any Guardian would; his broken body was rescued from the rubble and reborn as a being of Light. He rose as a Hunter, lithe body now perfectly suited for the scouting and patrol missions at which he would become so fond of. The same as he was before, his eyes were something even the Traveler couldn't fix, and his mind something even death couldn't dull. He had to custom tint his visors each time he upgraded his helm so that they would react to light, but he still became a creature of the night. Even as a child, Alyne was never scared of the dark. It was comforting, familiar- after all, one was never scared of the dark itself, but what might lurk within it. Why did he need to be scared if he could see everything in it perfectly? He adored the stars and the night and the freedom he had when not forced into hiding his eyes. But in this new world, while he still didn't have to be afraid of the dark, he learned to be very afraid of the Darkness.

The Darkness is a whole other beast entirely, mind you. A murderous, extragalactic alien race older than anyone can imagine, these aliens take the form of two of Alyne's most feared opponents. He discovered very quickly how dangerous the Hive and the Vex were, how quickly they could tear you apart and steal your Light. He learned to fear them, to be wary of their territories, and to always watch your back when there was even a remote chance of them being nearby. He would always remain wary of any enemy, even the Fallen he wasn't allied with, but there was always a special kind of paranoia that haunted him when he descended into a Hive ruin or heard the distant sounds of Vex patrolling Mars or Venus.

Even with his fear of this ever-looming threat, Alyne is a soldier driven by the need to protect the citizens of the Last City. Seeing him in combat or out on patrol, one would think him fearless, but they'd be wrong. Alyne just knows how to control his fear and press forward, using it to his advantage instead of panicking and getting himself killed. He also seeks to instill this level of caution and wariness into each young Guardian he meets, hoping to maybe one day save their lives. He's particularly aggressive with young hunters and their cockiness, and has seen too many rush headfirst into a fight and get killed all because they weren't paying close enough attention. Experience is, after all, the greatest teacher.

Credits: font x
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me