Re: || Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby benjeep » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:06 am

Username: benjeep
Name: Sinna Rosenburg
10 word personality: The Captn' calls us sea dogs but we can't swim.
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)
"Ungggg......bloody sun......mmfnshould blow ye ouft the damned sky....."
A ray of pure brilliant morning sunlight had penetrated through the ratty cabin curtains and shone right in the sleeping man's eye, waking him from his deep slumber.

Pulling the blanket up to his chin Sinna tried to roll over onto his other side, but was. Slowly, he cracked open one of his eyes. Another one of the ship hands, (was it Hans?) lay next to him in all his sweaty annoying glory. Siena couldn't help but to recoil. Very carefully he pushed the other man's heavy arm off of his chest, and quickly slipped out off his lumpy excuse of a bed.
The moment his feet hit the creaky wooden floorboards, his stomach
Last edited by benjeep on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
no name brand™ // transman // adult // raging gay // infp // kylux and harringrove trash
benjeep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eli ayase » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:09 am

Username: eli ayase
    Name: renn
    10 word personality: "it is not length of life, but depth of life."
    What do they do at the crack of dawn:
    it's the crack of dawn. it's early. and yet, you have a place to be.

you head out of the house, walking slowly but carefully down a steep hill in your backyard. the sunrise is about to explode into the sky, but for now, it keeps itself a waiting prize for those who wake to see it. as you descend, the soft wind combs through your hair and blows against your skin. it's cooling, refreshing, and new. it's heaven.

soon, you make it to the bottom of the hill. you can hear the bubbling sound of the clear stream just feet away from you. without hesitation, bare foot and fearless, you step into the chilled water and let the coolness flow over your feet; just up to your ankles.
    it's a soothing sensation, and as you begin to sit in the calming waters, serenity takes you whole.

you meditate. legs crossed, gold sunrise soon to settle upon your cheeks, this is home. this is your beginning, and this is where you are you.
eli ayase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ rooster adopt ] - xan

Postby kipin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am

x
writing entry
x

┌────────────────────────┐
xan . cis male. heterosexual
└────────────────────────┘

" this indecision's bugging me
if you don't want me, set me free "

the writing entry link contains both the
10 word personality and writing prompt. good
luck to everybody else!
Last edited by kipin on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherrydoge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am

Username: cherrydoge | Name: Jon (they/them, he/him)
10 word personality: Semper Fidelis. Values spirituality and deeply believes in others' abilities.

What do they do at the crack of dawn?
There once was a time Jon didn't consider themselves religious. A brush with death had changed that completely. They were once a Marines drill sergeant, and they had quite a few medals for their service they did for their country.
It was when he was still in the military that they'd wake up at the crack of dawn to wake up the privates that had just joined, confused that the recruiters had told lies to get them to join. Jon could see fear on some of their faces. For others it was just placid, the ones who take orders with no question. Jon would get in their face, yell at them, berate them. Try to break them. It was something he grew accustomed to.

Waking up before the sun even peeked it's large yellow face from the horizon was something he'd gotten used to.

Once discharged from the Marines, he became a priest.

The habit of waking up at the crack of dawn never stopped. Jon gently places Bibles down in the pews, waiting for the early Sunday service to come in.
Jon's now soft spoken, never yelling at those who come in to meet God, or want to experience more of Him.

Some habits you can break, but for Jon, waking up early is something they could never get rid from their person even if they tried.

[228 / 500]
Last edited by cherrydoge on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
leaving. pm me if anythings important, i still get email notifs
cherrydoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 am

username ;; iBrevity
name ;; Mallory
10 word personality ;;
"I'm just saying, even a god can make a mistake."

Mallory had always suspected that being chosen by the gods wasn't half as amazing as the poets made it out to be. When his own time unexpectedly came, he was rather peeved to realize that he was right.

They found him when he was still young, when the yoke of adult responsibility hung guillotine-like over his head but seemed to him still a distant concept. The gods came to him one morning and asked him for his help. (Well, Mallory supposed darkly, 'asking' was a polite interpretation of their offended and impatient demands that he do as they wish, for didn't he understand that they were gods? Didn't he know that them choosing him was a blessing?)

Mallory maintained that it was not a blessing at all, but when said gods threatened to shake off his mortal coil altogether he reluctantly agreed. They explained that he would act as a sort of consort to Ra; a human translator to bear his wishes and to steer his boat. Mal had balked at that, for everyone knew of the sun barge, and everyone knew that once you set foot on it you were unlikely to ever come off.

A goddess smiled indulgently at him and, as if reading his mind, swore that he would take responsibility for it only during the day. "Your nights will be your own," she'd said, "But your days..."

Mallory understood. Ra would take the barge each evening when the sun began to set, and he would return it to Mallory each morning when the sun began to rise. Mallory was expected to be there on time; and once they pierced his ears with dual golden loops that allowed him to see the gods as they truly were, he could see the barge as well. To his mortal eyes she had seemed disappointingly normal; with the veil lifted he saw her now as inexplicably gold, a low illumination softening the edges of her railings and bow.

"You will be here at the precise moment the sun rises," the goddess intoned. Mallory shielded his eyes from her and then groaned aloud when her words sank in.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "You picked the right guy, right?"

The goddess smiled at him. (Maybe. Mallory could see only the white blinding imprint of a roaring lion framing her head, and the cat's parted jaws disturbed his comprehension of her underlying expression.) "You are the right mortal," she said mildly. "You are sunkissed."

She gestured to the thick curl of his tail, crowned with five golden slivers. She said, "You will be here tomorrow at dawn, Mallory. Promise me."

Mallory heaved a great sigh. He'd heard stories of the fools who defied the gods, the ones who disappeared with little fanfare; and he'd heard stories too of those few who obediently served, and who were rewarded with great treasure and might. He supposed a few years of this couldn't be that bad.

"At dawn," he repeated grouchily. "Yeah, I got it."
[500/500]
Last edited by iBrevity on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:20 am

Username: Junkratss
Name: Charles Vane
10 word personality:softie- though he looks intimidating. Protects his crew. Good kid.
It was quiet at dawn, Charles quite liked it, his crew was not yet lumbering around grumpily. Charles stifled a yawn- prepping the sails and using the stars last morning glow to steer the crew towards port... he was surely the only member awake at this hour, and letting them drift aimlessly wouldn’t be any good. His crew was... a ragtag band of misfits more than it was a real, pillaging pirate crew. Charles draped a wide paw over the wooden wheel. Though after the crew woke up he’d fix breakfast, for now he marveled at the vast seas in front of him, tracing over the old wheel. Charles enjoyed the morning much more than the others seemed to- there was something to love about the quiet waves and the innocent crowing of gulls...he liked to reflect on things.

He docked the ship at port, slipping into the crowds. He had planned to trade for more food. Though he was a ‘pirate’ flat out stealing never got him anywhere. He preferred to strike a bargain. Padding through the small village he marveled at the golden tones which the morning sun lit them in, very few kalons were awake, most bothered by their little ones... There was one little one on his own though, what could he have been doing? Charles shook it off and reached the town square.

Charles stopped by the family selling produce, smiling openly and making a conversation. Not many could truly resist his charm, and though the guarded old farmer didn’t seem interested in talking so early... Charles soon had walked away with a bountiful basket of goods which the farmer thought were ‘too ugly’ to sell. Charles had simply thanked him for being kind, mentioning it was hard for travelers such as himself to keep healthy.

Though the others didn’t find it necessary- but Charles loved charting their journeys. He couldn’t often find stationary, but fortunately this town had a shop! The farmer was able to point him towards a sheltered corner. Charles stepped into the shop, making note that it was nearly daybreak now. He wandered the isles, admiring the carefully crafted stationary. Lost in thought, he had accidentally bumped into the small kalon from before. Charles was surprised- but not upset... upon further inspection the small, boar-ish kalon was scrappy and smaller than most. The kalon began sobbing at his feet... and Charles would not have this. He wrapped a large paw around the kalon- Mako’s- shoulders. Offered to lend an ear to him... Soon he knew much of Mako’s ordeal, and saw himself in the small kalon. He paid for Mako’s stationary and his own, and traveled up to the graves with him. He gave Mako a place to call home, and took him in as a little brother. Charles now spends his dawns with Mako, showing him the ways of the sea and teaching him everything his parents weren’t able to... the two could never be separated.
[496/500]
Last edited by sobble on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 am

-
Last edited by roelian on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:40 am

Username: NaCl
Name: Altan [ALTAN: Turkish name meaning "dawn."]
10 word personality: Reserved, Strong, Gentle-Giant, Fearful, Caring, Romantic
What do they do at the crack of dawn? [Set in a Fantasy AU]
Altan wakes up very early as he has to with the exotic pets he keeps on his farmland.
Altan stepped outside and smiled at the bright green dragon that greeted him, yep he keeps dragons, he weaved around each one [about 10] to get to the storehouse where he keeps all their food, smiling at the happy chatter of the beasts behind him. Altan pulled out enough food for all ten dragons and let them have at it, once they had finished that Altan began cleaning, making sure their space is well kept and clean. Altan also washed each dragon carefully, taking him to about midday, though it was well worth getting up at dawn to care for such feared beasts and see their kind and soft side. This, truly, was the life meant for him.
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DECALIUS » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am

Username: oreo
Name: joshua
10 word personality: he is very cool, calm, and good to be around.
What do they do at the crack of dawn?: he goes out into the town with his favorite guitar. he climbs on top of roofs and plays it softly. he uses the pick to strum against the strings, making a quiet yet lovely melody. this is enough to wake up most in the town in a good mood, adults jumping out of bed, running downstairs to read the news, or children putting on their shorts to play outside in the sprinkler. if he senses someone in a bad mood, he quickly runs to their house and chats with them about the lovely things in life and might play them a little song. this always changes their mood. once he sees that everyone is full of cheer and there is no fighting going on, he walks along the streets, giving homeless people cash and sometimes even bowls of his homemade vegetable soup. he stays up very late every night cooking many bowls of it. he then climbs to the top of his favorite hill and waters flowers to give them the life they need, just like everyone else does.

[159/500]

⛧🜏 neo 🜏⛧
he/him
DECALIUS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby augestines » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 am

Username:
Fearnoon
Name:
Aireste Wither
10 word personality:
wipp
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)

› Female
› Adult
Kalon Storage
augestines

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me