Re: Juliette readoption!! - UPDATE

Postby cocoa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:38 am

Name: Seraphina, meaning "ardent, fiery"; short version: Sera
Backstory: (495/500)
Seraphina was born into a well-off middle class family in a good home in the good part of town. Her parents were conservative, with ideals that streamlined on doing well in school, making do-gooder friends, getting a well-paying office or science job and a good, respectable husband. Her parents were the kind that took her to nice hairdressers whether she needed her hair done, always had her a decent wardrobe of full clothes for her size, and bought her cute little erasers and pencil cases for school; barbie dolls, houses and other toys for home. She was born, and raised in that perfect first-world bubble, with any horror in the news treated with great distance and apathy, as something that could never happen to them.

The red ribbons her hair were part of her hairstyle from the hairdresser she went to every few months. The hairband wasn't, because for all Seraphina might've been raised "perfectly" as a single child, she could see the flaws in her household and the flaws in the world; in the absent-minded MISSING posters slapped to signposts, in the rumors of her peers in school, and her parents terse conversation at times, sparked by the moving box called a television and their own differing opinions.

Seraphina was not born with a mind meant for that good, kind perfection; her personality was one of a dreamy quality that had her drifting in classes, leading to, at higher levels, failing grades in the maths and sciences. Her parents got angry as result; booked her a tutor she didn't like, warned her of consequences if she wasn't getting an acceptable grade. Seraphina twisted her head and snarled something ugly, broken from her dreams with a harshness of breaking glass. Her dreams were like a shell that fit well into the jelly that was her childhood life; it kept her interior thoughts and feelings from clashing too strongly. She had dreamt of that perfect life. But it never quite fit, not like she was told it would, in her head meant for fire.

After that day, she took on a more rebellious streak. She attempted to avoid her tutor whether possible and by consequence, home. She didn't skip school yet - it hadn't even broke the surface of her mind - but running away had, because all of her childhood cartoons had mentioned that, and when you're angry it seemed like the rational thing to do.

Seraphina of course had no idea what it meant, and ended up back at her house three hours later, but not before following those rumors of her school and finding words of gangs, women and danger. It made her wonder, and her dreams changed from princesses to strong-minded women leading empires. She also chose to try, inspired vaguely by the teenagers who could chat incessantly, alone, for hours; she wanted to aspire for that same kind of independence. She managed to raise her grades from a D to a nervous B-.

Personality: (198/200)
In short, Seraphina on the surface appears to be a girl of dreams, like any other child. She didn't talk too much then, only occasionally begging her parents for a particular item her eyes are set on. She grew out of this, of course, and when her bubble broke she seeked independence with the same ardency in her name. She isn't book-smart, but instead, she is very adaptable with a keener eye for words, common sense, and people. People initially think her strange, particularly if they catch her in a daydream, but are quick to amend their opinion to someone who is straightforward, passionate with a strong taste for rebellion and freedom. Ever since she gained enough approval from her parents with her nearly-passable grades, she has been out of her house for near the entire day, seeking that freedom. With that taste of freedom, Seraphina was granted bravery to stray farther from her parents, and began to participate in acts of rebellion whenever possible; whatever for that feel of a life without bounds. Seraphina had, in truth, lived a life too long in reins to not run for the horizon the moment she was unclipped, and free.

Relationship with Evelyn: (200/200)
Seraphina discovered as a teenager that she was gay; she knew her parents wouldn't approve, and was consequently urged by the opportunity to rebel.

Yet, there was something about making out with girls that at times didn't sit right with Seraphina; took a tone of regret for trashing people's feelings for only the anger it would bring her parents to. Seraphina did, after all, live in the shadow of a streamlined upbringing and a human personality.

When Seraphina first heard of Evelyn, in story and eventually in sight, she was caught in wonder. It was at first admiration for her bravery, the good she does through her violence. For a long time, Seraphina idolized Evelyn, but could never bring herself to join her gang due to her whispered conscience that permeated the back of her mind most days. One day, in the streets she met Evelyn; and struck with shyness, she questions her. Evelyn tells her she is a therapist, thinking Seraphina as an innocent kalon.

That both surprised and lightened Seraphina's heart; it felt like looking into a backwards reflection of herself. It was that she gained a deep-seated crush, and a want for a friend: eventually, a lover.
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 am

Just making a reall quick post to ask, does anyone feel like they won't be able to complete their form on time? I don't want to keep prolonging the end date, but I also don't want people to feel like they missed the opportunity to try their best. I'd like you guys to vote in this poll on whether you need an extension or not. Link to poll!!

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:10 am

heck i didn't know this existed, but i'd love to have an extension so i can start !
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 am

Sorry guys I took a nap for longer than expected -v-
    I checked the poll results and it looks like the results got skewered by illegitimate voting, as I doubt there were that many entries to this competition. Nevertheless, I'll review the entries now and pick a winner!!

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfycat101 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Its ending maybe so GOOD LUCK!!
Wolfycat101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby revvington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Good luck!

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Eris | They/he
"If you see Spruce, don't tell him what you saw here."

TH Listo Goatlings

"That suit is like a brother to me, the only one I have."
♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
revvington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:11 pm

oh hey, didn't finish my form but good luck!! <33
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocoa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:12 pm

good luck frens ;)
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Good luck guys!! This kal is gorgeous, I know she's going to a good home!

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes