Sweet
Kind
Caring
Fun
Sense of humour
Selfless
Intelligent
Empathetic

Shangri-La is a shy, sensitive girl. She prefers to be by herself or with a few close friends. She doesn't make new friends easily.
Shy is socially awkward, if someone she doesn't know well talks to her she freezes and can't manage to get her words out properly.
She is kind, often just asking you if you are okay. She will comfort you if you're not and try to be as helpful as she can.
She is able to see others points of view and this often helps her in social situations and stops her from taking sides in an argument.
This is one of her best qualities.
She is caring, she hates to see anyone suffer regardless of who they are or where they come from. If there is good in their heart she will try to help them.
She has a great sense of humour and is really easy going although due to her sensitive nature she will remember what others have said to her and worry about it, for example if some makes a joke at her appearance she will laugh with them on the outside but inside she will be upset and wondering what is actually wrong with her and why they made the comment. She is able to forgive others easily if they haven't caused much harm, so the people/runes who make jokes at her expense are usually forgiven and the matters are forgotten.
She also has a great sense of fun, and is up for most things as long as it is reasonable and won't hurt anyone.
She can tackle almost any situation thrown at her as she can deal with pressure easily in a difficult situation as it enables her to think more clearly, quicker than usual.

Why do you wish to have her:
I have tried out for many runes that I have fallen in love with, but this one I feel like I have a connection with.
Her colours and concept really stand out to me and drew me to her, I couldn't believe that after convincing myself I had lost my chance of ever owning a rune dragon one so stunningly beautiful would be released for adoption.
So I had to try for this amazing girl.
Her expression is priceless, and her eye just looks so mystical. It's like she can see right into your soul.

Where will you keep her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)

Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)

Other:

Story

Background info about Midnight: Midnight was looked at as a loner by community, she had no real friends or family close by. She is shy so making new friends is not really her forte her social awkwardness doesn't help her either.
She has a horse and she is actually very brave despite her shyness. She is very curious about most things and is interested by nature and novels about magic and adventure.

Midnight walked along the crisp, frosted track. She had decided to take the short cut back through the woods as she was eager to get home.
The sky was darkening and a few stars had begun to emerge, glittering against the greyish blue. The remains of the orange sunset flickered against the evening sky like the embers of a fire slowly going out. A few owls hooted above her in the trees and every now and then she imagined she could hear the fluttering of wings. Midnight assumed it was the owls and continued on her way.
Unlike many people Midnight was not afraid of the woods, she saw them as a place of peace and myth. She loved the smell of the trees and the fresh air. Of course she had heard about the dangers of walking in the woods alone at night but she was confident that she could look after her self.
Her mind drifted back to the conversation she had over heard earlier. Two people had been arguing about the reality of Rune dragons, she believed and she had thought that it was common knowledge that the existed, obviously not.
She decided to go a slightly longer way, even though she wanted to get home she knew a place where the already stunning night sky would look even more beautiful.
Last edited by midnight133 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
~ Quarantine brought me back after a several year break lol irl unlikely to be here regularly so won't be responding to messages or trades ~
I am incredibly busy. To anyone who I am a artist for I am sorry for my inactivity. When ever I have time and inspiration I will make some adopts. Thank you for being understanding. :)

midnight133

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dream Spark Rune

Postby Goddess Sword » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Excuse me while I go flail somewhere *D*

- - - - -

Owner Name:
Master Shortpants

Name:
Yume, meaning dream

Personality:
.:.Cheerful.:.
You will never find her in a bad mood. It's almost as if she doesn't understand the concept of sadness or anger, which is rather odd in itself.

.:.Intelligent.:.
Despite her childlike behavior, Yume is actually fairly smart, and knows a fair bit about... Well, most everything, really. She does tend to skip over the bad parts, of course...

.:.Fun-loving.:.
Yume loves laughing and having a good time. She can find entertainment in almost anything, including when her sparks freak out a new guy.

.:.Energetic.:.
She is absolutely full of energy, bouncing off the walls and generally making a mess. Being as hyperactive as she is, she tends to have a hard time sitting still.

.:.Innocent.:.
She seems to have a hard time understanding that everyone in the world isn't a nice, perfect person. She tends to see the best in everyone, which can sometimes get her into trouble.

.:.Childish.:.
Even now, she still has the mind of a little Rune, seeing the world as a wonderful place no matter what, and constantly laughing about something silly.

.:.Chaotic.:.
Her boundless energy tends to make messes - And when I say messes, I mean pencils stuck into walls, papers thrown through the room, and paints splattered on the walls, like a miniature had tornado spawned in the room.

.:.Naive.:.
Yume tends to take everything at face value, not bothering to look more closely at the situation or words. Because of this, she tends to have a difficult time of picking up sarcasm - I hope she grows out of that, with all the snarkers around here.

.:.Spacey.:.
Yume is prone to drifting off into her own little world, having daydreams... Or perhaps nightdreams, very often. My friend suggested getting a squirt gun for when that happens. Sadly enough, I tried it, and it worked.

Why do you wish to have him/her:
At first, I saw her as a picture in Sketches and Experiments, saying that it was tryout art for a Rune. Thinking that no more were being created here, I came on to find both her and Benathorn's Gull Wing Rune posted and up for adoption. I clicked on them both, and, after some consideration, chose this beauty.
I'm still not entirely sure why I picked her over the Gull Wing Rune. I think that perhaps what sealed the deal for me was her description. Runes appearing late in the evening to assist night owls struggling with their ideas seemed to click with me. I myself have mild insomnia, often leading me to stay up pondering all the thoughts running through my mind - 'How might this character act?', 'What makes this Zigzagoon in that Nuzlocke different from the other?', 'How do I go about continuing this story?', 'How will this scene play out?', 'Is this plot too bizarre to make any sense? Should I use it anyway?' and so on. I tend to swing from one extreme to another when it comes to my work - I either have more ideas than I can possibly put into use, or even organize into coherent thoughts, or I have writer's and artist's block for days, weeks, or even months on end. Not long after I saw her, though, my thoughts began to reorganize - I've restarted an old novelization from last summer, as well as started a new one, and have been able to not only focus on writing them, but I've created characters that I find amusing and can connect to. Incredible as it is, I think this Rune's powers may be real~

Where will you keep him/her:
I will keep her in my character thread, where she and her art will reside, as well as switching between avatars of her and my other children~ And, of course, she'd get art and writing, too!

Any Quirks:
While she doesn't have any quirks per-say, beyond laughing like nuts when people are jumped by her sparks, she does have one odd thing about her - She is colorblind, and has been since she was a young child.

Stories:
When I was little, I could see colors. Bright yellows, fiery reds, deep blues, vivid pinks, tranquil greens, royal purples, juicy oranges, chocolaty browns- Ooh, is that a firelight fly? Oh, right, sorry, got distracted there, hehe~ I could see all those colors and more when I was a kid.
I'm still not sure how I lost that. Mum said that when I was little, I fell out of the nest and got a nasty bump on the head, which might have screwed up my color vision, which I guess is possible. I also got a broken wing, apparently, hehe~
It's never really been a problem, to be honest. I adapted easily when it came to things like hunting, and my markings and the moon glowing pretty much eliminated any problems I had distinguishing things at night. At the most, it was a minor annoyance. Of course, even after the accident, there was still the occasional spark.
It's kind of ironic, really, how a Rune with the word 'dream' in her name would see things in her sleep so rarely. But when they happen, they're beautiful and colorful and strange and amazing! The colors might not always make sense when I describe them to people like Gar and her friends - 'An orange ocean?' they would ask, raising their eyebrows - The odd colors are probably due in part to how young I was when I lost my color sight, but that's okay! Because when they happen, I'm taken back to that strange, foreign, beautiful world I knew as a child.
And every now and then, as I wake in the evening, I'll see the fading glow of a spark - A dream made real for a brief clip of lazy daylight.
And that's enough for me~

Art:
Some traditional doodles~
Digital art
Original, flash-style version
Grayscale, through her eyes version
Last edited by Goddess Sword on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Current time and date:
May 30, 2021 at 4:10 PM EDT.
Currently:
~Oops 🤪~
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 am

Due to a few requests I have extended the end date to July 1st. (:
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Owner Name:
Modest
Name:
Catalie
Personality:
Catalie is stubborn, impatient, selfish, and childish. She uses her cute appearance to steal from others or get what she wants. If that doesn't work, she whimpers like a dog and her voice to grow louder and louder until its unbearable and you have to give whatever she wanted at the moment to her. After that, she's as cheery as a hummingbird surrounded by lots of red flowers and nectar.
I don't have a Rune yet, and she seems like the perfect one for me! She's adorable!
I'd put her in my character thread where she can, hopefully, make at least one friend.
Any Quirks:
Catalie's only quirk is that she acts like a sad puppy when she doesn't get what she wants
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
hello! it's been a while since i was last here but i will be checking in every now and then :)
Dewey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violetflowers » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Owner Name:
VioletFlowers
Name:
Whitzel
Personality:
whitzel is an intelligent dragon however,what he has in intelligence he lacks in courage. He enjoys being around his friends but is not very outgoing when it comes to strangers. although he does not reach out to strangers he always remembers to be kind and polite to them. He is also very loyal and kindhearted,he always trys to see the better part of people and he is an excessive night owl.
I was drawn in by the use of color and the depth of design and detail which gives this dragon an unique and simplistic style.
There is a website called spray-can, it is an online community for artists to interact and show off their work.I
Any Quirks:
some of his habits are chewing on his claws and chasing his tail...though some of his friends find this strange behavior it reminds whitzel of his younger years.
Other:
Whitzel was abandon as an egg which caused him to be apprehensive around strange people. After he hatched he traveled through the woods in hopes of finding a warm home. but on the night of his birth he has finally found a home on July first.
word word word word word word word word word word

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
henlo beanie babies, i love to trade!
i also do art sometimes, pm me to ask about it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Violetflowers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Just a reminder that the contest will close tomorrow night at 12 am CS time for judging. Be sure to submit forms or make any changes before that time.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Closed for judging. I will announce the winner within the week.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:35 am

I need a few extra days to judge the forms. I'm trying to decide between a couple right now and want to take my time choosing the winner.

You guys have made some amazing forms, great job!
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 am

Congratulations Silverhart!

Your comic, artwork, story and animation were fantastic!

It was a very tough decision. There were some amazing forms and you all did a great job!

We hope to see some of you on the new site next month. (:
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me