Re: Khimaira Friesians #50

Postby jesdar16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 am

NARANDA wrote:A runner up would be nice, but everyone did so good so I don't think it would be right to use an RNG to give one person a runner up and no one else when everyone worked so hard and she had troubles voting in the first place and had to use an RNG to pick the winner of this boy in the first place.

If it was judged by point system or something (Which I would have preferred personally, I hate working so hard on RNG adopts, I feel stupid doing so now for this) then maybe a runner up would be fair.

Just a thought though.

I do agree. Neri couldn't choose between all 6 of our forms.
personally I love this boy's design and an RU looking similar would be fantastic *-* but it is Neri's choice.

We couldn't have known that Rey would go inactive like this, I've essentially been waiting for this boy to be adopted out since August and I am slightly disappointed that I didn't win, but it's okay xDD and I love my story and art so I wouldn't want it to go to waste.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 am

I agree with Naranda :/ I'm not happy that this was turned into an RNG Adopt. It wouldn't be fair to anyone to give only one person a runner up. I spent hours on art, writing and coding, and feel as though an RNG judging was highly unfair, as to the other competitors who put so much heart into this precious boy.

But congratulations Alfalfa, you better take care of him!
I will be keeping my art, character, and writing, though, to reuse for a different Friesian.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:36 am

It is definitely unfair for only 1 runnerup, but to make it fair, Neri would do 5, and that's kind of a lot.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:15 am

-Removed-
Last edited by NARANDA on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:49 am

god... i could begin to complain too, like i spend hours on cs for you all, trying to improve the adopt more and more and then be rewarded with crap...
i made a rng between all forms that i thought where good enough to win, they all impressed me.
i first started to judge in points, but i thought it was unfair because i really liked some entries very much but they got so less points in comparison with some other entries with many different stuff added. but i didn't want to judge just on my decision if i like something more then other so i wanted to give more people a equal chance in winning the adopt, so i put forms with a big amount of effort together with forms i liked because of the story etc.
i don't think a impress me contest is a contest where you just put together a great amount of stuff like the more stuff i add then i'm sure to win. it's helping to be choosen for winning that's right, but it's not a 100% garantee for winning isn't it? Impress me has something to do with what you like and if you like what you see, if it impresses you. that's my opinion
otherwise is would say "the form with the most pimp up wins"
i wouldn't mind making runners up, even 5 if it is needed, even when i think that 5 runners up would reduce the rarity of the 50# in overall. i couldn't promise how fast i could finish the runners up because i need to start lining the event lines, but i know i can manage to make 1 here and there.
but now after all that i don't know if i can find the motivation in doing anything. i don't know how i should say how i feel now without looking like a crybaby. so i'm just over and out...
maybe it's better to just let the mods do their job, because i don't have any strengh left, i understand why so many people are quitting their adopts... it's easyer to stop before you get ruined
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:17 am

Gee Neri, I'm so sorry that I even suggested runnerups in the first place.. I'm perfectly fine with not receiving one. I understand where all this is coming from, and I do understand that even though we did work hard on these forms, it is simply a digitalized horse and there is really no reason for anyone to get that upset over this.
We all do appreciate you Neri, and everything you do for us, without anything you ask of us in return. I completely understand if you just need to take a break, or step down for a while, or hire some moderators, or whatever you need to do. It's very difficult running all of this by yourself, and you do such an excellent job of it!
Please don't think of yourself as a crybaby, you took over the job of judging yourself when the artist was absent and it's not fair to you for us to be complaining like this. There'll be more chances to adopt pretty horses, just because we didn't win this one doesn't mean the world is ending. You've done so much to make this adopt wonderful and it would be such a waste for all of it to go downhill. I love this adopt, it's my home out of all the other adopts I participate in.
Try not to overburden yourself, feel free to hire some extra helping hands. You've taken in a lot yourself and it's amazing that you do so well with it! But KFs is growing, getting bigger, and it's just going to become harder. ^^
Hopefully I helped even a little bit!
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:33 am

thanks jesdar
but i need to pull myself together. i can't get upset about such things, i'm the one here that needs to be objective about anything going on here. only then i'm able to be of help and as admin i must be a person that everybody can contact when there is a problem. i don't want to let anyone feel uneasy because i can't judge a problem objective.
if someone finds themself in the situation that they can't talk with me because they fear my decision and must find another way to solve their problems i totally failed my job as admin. it's important for me to be there for everyone. but when i get upset about something or let my emotion run wild i can't do that.
so i must learn to control myself, to be a better admin for the adopt and for the people.
but you are right i need to find help in doing jobs like moderation, archivating and such things. i'm sure i will run a search the next days, i just need to look how i can manage this the best. but with moderators people have more ways in contacting someone for help, especially when they don't know if they can talk with me about it. then the mods can talk with me and we can solve the problem without getting people uneasy.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Okay, Neri! But remember, it is okay to just let your emotions loose. It's not good for you to keep all your stress wound up tight inside. Sometimes you just need to let it out. Personally I believe you are doing a fantastic job as admin, helping out artists who aren't good with genes, and giving instruction and suggestions to people in the artist search, and doing customs and breedings and adopts and hosting festivals and lining every single item of the countless item sets by yourself and just eeeeeee
you're so approachable and friendly and that's definitely a good quality in an admin.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:48 am

thank you guys ^^
it's important for me to be approachable for my people, i want to be of help how much i can. sure my answer on a problem isn't always the one someone wants to hear, but that's normal in life. still i try to help everyone out and this includes all people not just a single one.
i will wait if the staff judges this again, if yes i will make alfafa a runners up, when not then i will not rip leviathan away from alfafa again. she won him fair and square and to let everyone with great forms and fullfilled requierments (in my eyes) get the same chance in winning it isn't unfair.
everybody took effort and so i think everybody should have a chance in winning, especially after such a long waiting time. first i even thought about putting everybody with a finished form in the rng, but then i thought it would be better to only use all forms i like and who were maded with great effort.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:32 am

C: That sounds good to me