Re: A Curious Traveler... Day9

Postby PrincessAlexis » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:28 am

Username & ID: PrincessAlexis #19227
Chicoon participating (link): Aztec

Prompt:

Aztec watched Eyes curiously as he opened a big book filled with handwritten runes. He said that if they could decipher the riddle, then they'd be able to solve the maze! But what was the riddle? That was the tricky part, indeed. Aztec honestly had no clue, he'd been too caught up in living this maze than in solving it, because it was so different from his day to day experiences!

There were a few different paths they could take: a large fruit-bearing tree, a destroyed corridor, or a glowing arch. Also, there was a potential fourth option of another room but that was so vague, it just didn't have quite the same ring to it, so Aztec ignored that possibility for the time being. He'd just come from a room full of plant-life and if that wasn't it then he doubted it was the large tree either...

Which left the destroyed corridor or the archway. He'd seen enough destruction to know that the glowing arch held far more promise than any rubble might. After all, the key to solving the maze should still be in good condition.... Shouldn't it?

codeword:DecisionsDecisions

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:32 am

Username & ID: GreyScale 862594
Chicoon participating (link): Edith

Prompt:

Edith glanced at the note shown to her, sure enough she couldn't read it but the little doodles were neat. Her handwriting was horrendous, so she was glad to meet someone like her in the department.
The idea of having to solve a riddle didn't made Edith very happy. She admits they can be fun, but she terrible at them and if left up to her, there is no way anyone would ever get out of the maze.
Putting the worries about the riddle aside for now, she thought over the options of where to go for a moment. After a bit of consideration, she decided on the large tree. At least it was lit up.

╔═════════════════════════╗
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
❈ grey // she/they// pms open ❈
my TH | listening to this song on repeat

╚═════════════════════════╝
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ki-san » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:12 am

Username & ID: Ki-san 1025193
Chicoon participating: Burst

Prompt:

Looking at the places Eyes had available to check out, Burst looked over the notes that Eyes allowed him to see. So to even figure out this riddle we have to snoop around more? , his gaze soon fell to the notes that were talking about a large tree within the maze. “Let’s go check this place out.” He suggested as Eyes was looking over his others notes. He let the chicoon see his choice. Hopefully the two can find answers here that may be a good starting point for finding out the riddle. Making sure his sling was nice and secured, Burst looked to Eyes, “As soon as your ready to go or if you have another suggestion, we can go.” He smiled at his friend.

*+*Image*+*
*+Call me Ki or Ki-san+*

Image|Image

*+*Image*+*
Ki-san

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:39 am

Username & ID: FatalCollapse + 852422
Chicoon participating (link): Nox

Prompt:

Nox watched the other chicoon take out the large book and explained that all his notes about the maze were inside. "Sorry for my handwriting, I can read it- but I know its a bit too messy for others" Eyes laughed awkwardly while flipping through the pages of the book revealing the scribbles of writing in it. He then explained how they don't know what the riddle is exactly but they're certain there is a riddle "So we need to find out the riddle first.". Nox nodded and agreed to help. "I know of a few places but where should we investigate first?" the older chicoon asked the whelp. "Let's go to the tree" Nox smiled.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:48 am

Username & ID: bakuraas. + 876991
Chicoon participating:Sylvestris

Prompt: (121 words)

Sylvestris thought for a good moment, taking his time to analyze the possibilities of all the different areas in order to think of what he wanted to do. All of them had their separate merits and things that would make them interesting to look into, but eventually settled on one of the areas. "Let's look at the destroyed corridors, if they got destroyed, something had to be strong enough to destroy it- and there might also be signs of creatures that live in here - or if there's a possibility for creatures to leave... maybe it'll also give some insight into the abilities of the maze...can it remove parts of it that are broken, do broken walls stop being able to move?

"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:21 am

Username & ID: imabanditø 908562
Chicoon participating (link): montgomery

Prompt:

montgomery flapped his wings in excitement - he was ecstatic to be able to help eyes with the riddle! he watched mesmerizingly as the chicoon went through the book and pointed out all the different instructions and diagrams. montgomery quickly skimmed through the text and looked at all of the locations. “hm..” all of them seemed like good ideas, and definitely would be interesting places to explore. though, there was one place that stuck out the most to him.

“you know, in my opinion, the tree is the most unique,” montgomery said. “it really stands out, so maybe there will be something there?” he definitely wanted to hear eyes’s opinion on it, though, to see what he thought. [118 words]

— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -roadkill-69- » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:53 am

Username & ID: -roadkill-69- 825808
Chicoon participating (link): qory
Prompt:

Qory squints at the pages, trying to comprehend the writing, before giving up and looking at the pictures. There were a few, one of a tree, some rubble, and archway, and what looked to be... a room? He points to one, a depiction of an arch with runes on it.
"The runes are part of it, right?" He nods to himself, "That must be the way then. If we can figure out the runes, maybe we can figure out what the riddle it? My bet is the riddle is written in the runes." He shuffles, fidgety and ready to start.

100 words

-roadkill-69-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ottercola » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:54 am

Username & ID: Ottercola [111526]
Chicoon participating: [Boo]
Prompt:

Boo seems rather relieved Eyes has relaxed a bit after the rude first impression he gave to him. He flaps his head wings curiously as Eyes brings up a riddle about the maze. "Oh so there is a way out?" He questions aloud. "Is that why youre stuck here too?" He scoots a bit closer as Eyes opens up a strange book, littered with tabs, scribbles, and strange runes all over it. "It's ok. As long as one of us can read it." He chuckles. "So a riddle of a riddle then. Never tried that before. I can try my best though!" He thumps his tail against the floor eager to help. He scans over Eyes' notes for a moment before pointing to the picture of the glowing arch. "This looks pretty strange. It also has a bunch of those runes on it. Seems like as good a place as any?" He offers.

▪▪

▪▪

[Lottie|Pepper|Pup]
[ just a funny dog ]
[CS Toyhouse]
I'm a Chicoon Artist!

▪▪

ImageImage

Ottercola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:17 am

Username & ID: rainbowpanda101 & 116794
Chicoon participating (link): Max

Prompt:

Max felt happy that he had made a friend here in this crazy place. He was beginning to worry that he would never make it out, but he knew if the two Chicoons worked together they could solve the riddle and get out of here! When Eyes pulled out the book full of notes and scribbles and tabs, Max felt a twinge of sadness for his new friend. It had to have been awful being stuck in the maze for so long, with no way to let your loved ones know where you were. He wondered briefly about his mate and their two children before he shook his head. If he wanted to get back to them, he needed to focus! He looked curiously at the pages of the book. Eyes suggested a few places where they could start, and Max knew where to suggest. "How about the Glowing Arch?" [word count: 150]

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX

female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOPXXXFURSONAXXXTOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈☔🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
XXXXXXXXXX

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woofer-moosh » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:50 am

Username & ID: woofer-moosh + 283946
Chicoon participating: GodFather

Prompt:

Godfather nods, seeming satisfied that the man is going to be sharing his notes and that he even has any at all, regardless of being legible or not, not like his eyes are all that great anyway.
He watches the man go through his notebook, “So.. We need to find the riddle.. And you think it may be somewhere at one of these places?” He asks as he looks at the locations, “I feel like a tree wouldn't have much unless the answers were carved into the wood.. The room might have something and the archway has glowing ruins.. The corridor has the same chances as the room.. So I recommend the archway. It seems like the only thing that may provide an answer? Or maybe a clue?

TH | He/Him
woofer-moosh everywhere

woofer-moosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me