Re: Kibbies | 020

Postby Alkene » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:17 pm

username: Alkene

This Kibby’s story takes place in a medieval-like setting; where the Kibby is a wannabe pirate while her love is a princess, wed to another by her father’s arrangement. They were young and in love, but once outer forces come into play, the princess folds, and Hyde [The kibby being tried out for] can no longer keep hold of a dying connection. These songs describe the complexity that comes with this relationship, which grows and eventually fades off into a one-sided fondness.

past song: The Attractions of Youth - Barns Courtney
Swinging from post to post, the pair passed by a fruit stand, one they had ruined long ago due to their misadventures. Hyde got the brunt of the berating which, of course, stopped once the Princess came up from behind. "Come ooonn" Hyde dragged, smirking at her lover. "We're gonna miss the festival cuz the crowned princess can't even be on time!"

The Princess snorted in fond bliss. The only reason they were late was because Hyde wanted to sleep in and doze under the apple trees. And how could she have possibly said no? She loved this reckless fool of a kibby, eyes always wide and full of wonder -- a stupid dream of becoming a pirate captain someday.

present song: Hostage - Braden Bales
A sudden weight presses against her chest, clutching her lungs until she's not sure she can breathe anymore.

Another.

The princess was betrothed to another and Hyde couldn't believe what she was hearing. Countless days spent wandering the cobblestone streets or causing a ruckus for the townsfolk meant nothing to the Princess. She knew this day would come, but the sudden change was too much. The Princess never waited by her bedroom window anymore for Hyde to sneak in. She spoke in two-word sentences, abrasive and dismissive when Hyde asked what was wrong. How could she possibly pretend that their relationship meant nothing?

"You can finally be the pirate you've always wanted to be," the princess scoffs. It was as if she was trying to convince herself more than Hyde that she fell out of love. "Set sail," she turns away from Hyde, eyes closed and donning a mask of indifference, "there's no one holding you back anymore."

That night, sorrow turned into anger, love turned into hate. The Princess was right. She had been the only thing keeping Hyde away from the salty sea. Now that she's cut her off, the wannabe pirate can get to work.

future song: All My Love - Noah Kahan
"Where we headed, Cap?"

Hyde's eyes are closed as she takes in the salty breeze. She's hanging in the air, upside-down right below the crow's nest with her tail wrapped around the post. She can feel grit in her teeth when she clenches her jaw. Pulling herself up to grip the post with her paws, she looks down at her firstmate with a sad smile.

"We're visiting an old friend."

Today was the Princess's coronation and Hyde doesn't know why she wants to go back, but she does. Maybe it was to tie up loose ends, or maybe it was to have the last word. It's been ten years since the two have seen each other. She wonders if she's been completely erased, but there's no way the princess hasn't been keeping tabs. Hyde was well-known by the village and kingdom alike. In fact, her wanted posters littered every corner of the marketplace.

It wasn't revenge, she decides. No, her goal was to reach a conclusion. One that she doesn't need to come face-to-face with the princess for. She planned to sneak in to watch the major event, to make sure everything was alright and that the Princess was thriving. She will be a nameless face in the crowd. She wanted a goodbye, even if the words were exclusive to her tongue.
Last edited by Alkene on Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alkene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:49 am

username: ThousandSounds
past song: https://open.spotify.com/track/4w98GciH ... 51d4d1442f
present song: https://open.spotify.com/track/6R5fYCyS ... d733da4031
future song: https://open.spotify.com/track/0Avyaya7 ... 0ca97b4098
extra: Uh oh, religion trauma. fall in love, heal, & get married. have kid and live happily with your wife 2 pet slugs, a baby landshark, and you Emotional Support Animal - The Duck

doesn't get any simpler than that

• Listen... I REALLY love roleplaying UwU
  • It is boiling cold in here.
  • I'm a stupid coconut. And have severe memory loss,
    so please prod me as much as you need.
  • Dungeons & Dragons for life baybeeee

ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jochedo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:48 am

username: Jochedo
past song:
present song:
future song:
extra:
mark
Jochedo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CO1LD » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:25 am

username: CO1LD
past song: Dragon (feat. Skybourne) - Built By Titan
> As a kid, you believe that nothing and nobody can hurt you. No dream is too small. The world is yours for the taking. This song symbolizes the imaginary and creative mind that Ezekiel had and played out. He is full of heart and determination, wanting to pass this feeling on to unfortunate kids in hopes to help them fly on their own.
present song: Luck - American Authors
>Sometimes, that wild mind can ignore what's most important.. yet sometimes, its for the best if those who don't believe in your dreams are stopping you from achieving them. Ezekiel knew for a long time he was different. He still loves his family even if there are some small grudges but when the time is right he knows they'll come around to support him.. he hopes.
future song: Lifetime - DEELYLE
>His soul has never been so full of warmth and freedom. He has learned the meaning of 'letting go of worldly objects' and how you just need to 'live in the now' to be at peace with- not only your surroundings- but also with yourself. To gain your life back, to gain your WINGS, its.. its overwhelming but he hopes to spread this message; especially with the deep stresses of the world that seem to fight harder every day.
CO1LD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightcrawler. » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 am

Cryptz wrote:
      past song: wrote:Breaker- Anthony Green
      They had been great friends once. They lived and grown up on the streets together, being taken in by a small store owner. The two were inseparable. They'd often times run around town, causing a mess and stealing something every now and then, but never anything big. They'd always had each other's backs, and even though their city wasn't exactly in the greatest conditions, it was there home. They'd become well known in their section of the city, usually helping out the older folks in the area, or fighting off bullies that bothered their younger neighborhood kids. Things would change however when Jackson (This Kibbie) was given an offer to join a gang. He was promised a spot amongst their higher ups thanks to his abilities, and with it, wealth and power. His friend didn't like the thought of it, and after a bloody fight, he left Jackson to do what he wanted.

present song: wrote:Death Of An Executioner- Pierce The Veil
      Things up to this point had been going well for Jackson. He hardened himself into who he needed to be to execute his job without mercy, but he would look back on the past and miss his friend. His home. He was no longer seen as the protector of his community, but rather a shadow that kept everyone inside with the doors locked. He had gotten what he wanted, but he isn't without the shame and betrayal of his people, his friends. He missed his brother, and he was sick of doing what he was told. He decided to break free of the strings controlling him. The journey out was going to be long and hard, and the hope of being able to return to his old life kept him going.

future song: wrote:Life Is Looking Up- Forgive Durden (0:00-4:00, ignore the rest </3]
      After finally escaping within an inch of his life, Jackson was taken back in by the shopkeeper that raised him. She was disappointed in him, but she was also happy to have him back. She helped him restore some trust with his community, and he would prove himself for fighting for them. He was able to reunite with his brother after helping him defend a local shop from the gang he escaped from. It was rocky, but they were able to fend them off with the teamwork they built over the years. He stood still afterwards, letting his friend yell his ear off and punch him a couple times on the chest before embracing him, tears flowing from his eyes. They would still have their moments, but things were finally looking up again. Jackson would continue to prove himself to them, and he was glad to be home.

Nightcrawler.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:19 pm

username: dragoness129
past song: Goddess by Cepheid (feat. Nonon)
present song: Legends Are Made by Sam Tinnesz
future song: Level Up by MUSZETTE
extra:
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:40 am

wip!

username: Loelya
past song: The Way - Manchester Orchestra (clean version)
present song: The Long Con - The Revivalists
future song: The Yawning Grave - Lord Huron
extra:
Steele, she/her

the soul becomes synodical
the weight is now phenomenal
deafening again

a rebel with a cause, starts off young and on the rough side of life. as she gets older she starts to find little footholds here and there - runs with the right people on the "wrong" side of the rest. she knows how to stay out of serious trouble, without lying down or giving up what she believes in. she puts the hard work into creating safe places to go, brings others in, and protects that with everything she has.

get up, get out of your cage
the ones that control you aren't turning the page
boiling the water that's been poured on your brow
is the same hot mess that we're swimming in now

eventually, she will grow older and begin the process of passing on the torch, but she will start hitting tough walls as well. a lot of the younger ones she brought in and supported are giving up hope or finding reasons to push one another out instead of holding the line together. she must grit her teeth and keep the faith, and do everything she can to be a leader a little while longer. and maybe, she can impose the seriousness of this journey on the next generation...

I tried to warn you when you were a child
I told you not to get lost in the wild
darkness brings evil things and the reckoning begins
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HY3NA » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:52 am

username: splider
past song: Rule #21 - Momento Mori - Fish in a Birdcage
He grew up in captivity only to be rescued. He had a hard time adjusting to their environment, but began to get very emotionally attached to his new friend and mentor..
present song: Brutus - Buttress
Years later love begins to shift to envy and jealousy. He decides to take down his mentor believing it to be unfair she gets all the respect and aims to replace her, grows egotistical and cocky.
future song: The Whole World and You - Tally Hall
Inevitable regret from his decisions. Stuck in grief and denial, makes him irritable and cocky.
extra:
    - gale | they she
    - discord for quick responses: hy3nas
    - wermz | sqims | 🍊
    pfp by 86koi
    sig by dewpider
    from the river to the sea Palestine will be free 🍉
HY3NA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:11 pm

username: FluffyBirdie
past song: Au/Ra - Panic Room
present song: Imagine Dragons - Enemy
future song: Martin Garrix, JVKE - Hero
extra:
    What if you had the power to see the future? To solve problems before they occur, to turn things for the better, prevent accidents, remove fate?
    What if that power was always on, since your birth? To see two realities - present and future, overlapped, disorientating, voices telling you to share what you know - except these voices you hear twice, once in the future and once more in the present, always, always.

These powers are ones people wish someone else had, so someone else can fix the world's problems. And that person is you.

Go. Tell me what will be in my future. Fix it. It's your responsibility.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kibbies | 020 (winner chosen!)

Postby snipsnops » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:44 pm

Gosh it's been so long, thank you everyone for your patience!
By the time I needed to judge this kibbie I was completely consumed with finishing my thesis film.
I chose a song competition with the hopes that I could listen to them while I worked, but it was
harder than I thought to focus on both at the same time. But! With the semester wrapping up I was finally
able to sit down and listen to every song as each entry deserved.
There were a lot of great choices! I'm glad to say I have a handful of new songs that I've added to my own playlists.

✦ I ultimately decided to go with Alkene as the winner! ✦
I just couldn't resist the tragic sapphic pirate/princess pair, I wanted to know more!!
Did she spot her in the crowd? 🥺
I thought of Chappell Roan's Good Luck, Babe! to add another song to your collection, hahah

I also really enjoyed the curation of songs from a few honorable mentions as well
I'm awarding the following users one kiwi slice each:
✦ Lex.
✦ mewsters
✦ final fantasy
✦ paopu
✦ Cryptz

Thank you everyone who entered, and again, thank you sm for your patience! <3

✦ snipsnops | she/her | artist | adult ✦

✦ Animation major, often very busy with school work
✦ Feel free to reach out on discord! @snipsnops
✦ Icon by shadeyenova, sig art by ceruleanwake

about me // toyhouse