Re: ♡ Kalon #2152 - Ghost Tiger♡

Postby Zigzagoon » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:24 pm

username + id # : Zigzagoon 97981
    kalon name : Art (Artemis)
    I love! : I have a few long term hyperfixations and since I never get involved in fandom drama I’ve always been free to enjoy at my own pace - genshin and haikyu are probably my big two at the moment, but generally anything animation related I love!! I try to watch lots of unique stuff, and have been lucky enough to go the Annecy animation festival a few times (I feel like my eyes go square watching the screen for a whole week!!) And the classics are always lovey to revisit <3
════════════
    My Info
    ♕ Zig / Jig / El
    ♕ they/them
    ♕ Feel free to send me a PM!
    ToyhouseCS UMA's
════════════

Zigzagoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trivium » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:59 am

username + id # : trivium + 531732
    kalon name : kylian
    I love! : i can talk/watch/read about chemistry all day long. im not super great at it in practice but just watching all the reactions big or small is just absolutely fascinating to me. my favorite chemical reaction is a color changing redox i think just called the stoplight reaction. you start with glucose, sodium hydroxide, and indigo carmine. you make a solution with the glucose and sodium, and a seperate one for the indigo carmine that you filter to make sure theres no debris in the solution. then you just add them together and it immediately goes through a green to red to yellow color change, and then you can (safely) shake it back up and watch it happen all over again!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi, i'm triv !
they/them

kalons
have a wonderful day !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
trivium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:32 am

username + id # : elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        kalon name : serif
        I love! : I'm such a giant nerd for this but it's my own OCs,, I started working on an mlp nextgen in, like, 2016, and I think it's been on my mind 24/7 since then. recently I got rly back into it again, trying to work on (and actually complete) a pretty complex four panel art piece that I literally had to re-learn perspective to draw, literally just for the purpose of revealing my main character's special talent bc it's just something I've always wanted to reveal in art. the story is so deeply entwined w my soul at this point and I rly just need to share it somewhere, but unfortunately my motivation for art is ever elusive, and my focus shifts way too often. one day tho I swear.
[ raine/elf ] • [ any pronouns ] • [ my kals ]
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby space oddity » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:03 am

username + id # : space oddity/17099
    kalon name : Hallow
    I love! : Ever since I got my little Ball Python a few months ago, I have been obsessed! His name is Pippin, and he is a leopard pied morph. He was named after Pippin in Lord of the Rings. Originally I wanted an elegant name, but after seeing his silly personality, he was totally a Pippin! I have spent so much time and money into this little snake's care, especially since he is my first snake and I want to do right by him. I never thought I could bond like this with a reptile!
      ImageImage
      --i will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.
      -------------------------------- adult ◦ she/her ◦ intj ◦ dog enthusiast
      icon by genba
space oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:21 am

username + id # : baz 807452
    kalon name : tora
    I love! : oooh i bet you'll never guess!!! it's trigun i love trigun. i am so thoroughly addicted that it's pathetic! i started with the 1998 adaptation, and all of the symbolism is so so beautiful. the character designs are all so incredibly unique, and the way that each of the characters interact with each other is so special to me. i am also a sucker for evil siblings trope. i feel like a lot of the little things in the series go unseen or sorta unnoticed so i love to look at those smaller aspects and analyze them. especially characters that are not really credited or sorta generalized by fandoms.

one of my favorite things about each adaptation though is the sounds. the music is so gorgeous and beautiful, especially not an angel. the instrumental usage is so tender and warming, and it can evoke such different emotions depending on the way you listen to it. the slow speed and the calming sounds are just so impactful to me. another song that i find to be really moving is orphanage from trigun stampede. it starts with such a strong, intense beginning yet it feels so fragile and close. really listening to it, even without any visuals, is so moving. the combination of all the sounds, even the little background beats, creates such a nice composition. it's perfect for the silent scenes, especially around 1:25 when it starts to get much more tender.

i also love the character stories!!!! i absolutely looove how nai's character was developed. he's such a complex and troubled character that it hurts every time i think about him. even though vash is the centerpiece of the series, i feel that knives also has such an integral role being his opposite. the two perceive each other and themselves in completely different ways, and they're so similar to the point that they've gone in entirely different directions. they are both focused on saving things, but the way that they choose to go about it is the turning point. it's so incredibly interesting to me how two people, so similar in every way, can have entirely differing views based on mindsets and things they have gone through.

it ties in with the music and symbolism, but the difference in knives's themes throughout the series is also something super intriguing to me. the first iteration from the 1998 series is intense and quick, conveying that intimidating and villainous vibe they intended for him. but with the new theme, it uses a slower start and a more dramatic approach to introduce him. this gradually builds to create a point of tension even within the song. the intensity and complexity of the instrumental helps to show just how stubborn and committed knives is to his goals. another interesting thing is that knives's piano version depicts this intense journey that he's gone on throughout the series. i also love the duet version that knives and vash play together. i feel like it perfectly captures how the two of them are so different yet so synced. they can play and create together, but when they finally do stick together, it leads into something that is unpredictable and unseen. it's incredibly impactful considering the course of the series itself.

i could analyze probably every single character and scene from the series but i will leave it at that for the sake of this post!

tldr; trigun is really cool and i think i like millions knives

also here's my shrine.. the vash plush is signed by johnny yong bosch
Last edited by black water on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BARBOSSA » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:32 am

username + id # : BARBOSSA // 702549
    kalon name : Aria
    I love! :
    I'm obsessed with everything to do with piracy, and I spend 90% of my freetime consuming all the info I can. Most people know of Captain Avery, but it's always shocked me how few people know of Lady Mary/Lady Elizabeth, but to be fair I also had to dig to find much of the information I wanted to know. Lady Mary was a lady pirate, and that was hardly something that was accepted on the deck of a ship, but very few people knew. She was a wealthy woman by day, charming men and learning about the best heists she could take on, and at night, her and her fiance would sail off to plunder and steal from the men Mary would charm at parties during the day. I'm almost certain much of the tale is a bit idealized, but it's always shocked me that nobody mentions this tale at all. Another one of my favorite facts, is just simply how tri-cone hats were worn by different people, depending on circumstance. For military men, and other weapon wielders, the tip of a tri-cone hat is typically just ever so slightly to the side, so that the weapon can be held in the correct way without nudging the hat. The tip worn forwards was typically reserved for wealthy men and lords at the time, It was mostly for public appearances because it made it quite hard to see. A pirate most commonly wore the hat backwards, but pirates didn't follow most typical traditions, rather having many of their own, so this could vary, but the most accepted reason for this was that it was easiest to see, and the tip would cover the backs of their necks from the harsh sun. Tri-cone hats were simply the peak of fashion during the golden age of piracy, so most pirates did strive to get their hands on one. The more adorned this hat is, the higher status the man or pirate wearing it would've had.

𝐃𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐑𝐈
━━━━ 𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐢𝐦

𝐏𝐅𝐏 𝐛𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐠'𝐬 #1 𝐟𝐚𝐧...
𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.

𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑨𝑾𝑨𝒀 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑴𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑬𝑹
𝑷𝒂𝒑𝒂 𝑹𝒐𝒂𝒄𝒉
━━━━━━
◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷
BARBOSSA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaisisles » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:49 am

username + id # : kaisisles 444424
    kalon name : seine
    I love! : i was actually just talking to a friend about this, but we
      found out we both liked watching nature/discovery documentaries
      to relax! i specifically really like the playful music and narration
      when the creatures are just about doing their own thing, it really does
      give the right vibes
      as someone who likes sea creatures and the deep ocean, blue planet
      is a great documentary to start from c:
kaisisles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toy20243 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:53 am

username + id # : toy20243 662782
    kalon name : Specter
    I love! : sylestia
    I've been in a slump for a while now, and I kept trying to think of a special interest of mine. The issue is I couldn't think of one, I've been so busy doing everything for everyone else that I realized... I don't think I've had time for a special interest lately, work and everything else I'm doing has consumed every bit of mental space I've got.
    But one thing I've been coming back to is sylestia, its just a game, but it's a game I've put hours and hours into in order to create just ONE little pet. One big thing about stylestia is how time-consuming it is, it's a sit-down and grind type of game and it can take YEARS sometimes to breed and fully max out the stats on a project pet. So if anything is my special interest id have to say it's my sylestia projects! Which sounds super weird, but I'm very proud of them. They are a 4 vis, fully maxed Bulbori species, that I designed (via the game) myself. I bred them from start to finish with 0 help and probably spent more hours grinding to achieve than I've ever spent on another game!
    ImageImage
    id go into more detail on sylestia breeding but id probably run out of room so ill stop while I'm ahead XD

𝒮𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
toy20243

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:16 am

username + id # : zephara + 844147
    kalon name : Ebony
    I love! :
    I definitely have lots of different special interests, but one thing I kind of picked up recently is listening to musical theater soundtracks. It’s really fun to just pick a random musical I’ve only vaguely heard of and listen through the entire soundtrack on Spotify or YouTube. It really helps me to expand my knowledge of musical theater by just listening to the songs—and I usually find a few songs that I like enough to listen to regularly.
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kurai. » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:21 am

username + id # : Kurai. 239518
    kalon name : Beom
    I love! : Aside from reading any web novel and manga I can get my little grubby hands on I've got a huge interest in the digimon franchise. From watching the anime to playing the games I've consumed quite a bit of digimon stuff. Not sure when this interest started but I can only assume its from when I was younger and got to watch the first season of digimon for the first time. I've even managed to get myself a few pieces of digimon merchandise tho they are pretty rare to come by. I currently have a decently sized agumon figure, two little plushies of tentomon and gatomon, a bunch of stickers and a patamon funko pop and I'll keep adding to my collection so long as I have the space for it ^^
Image Kurai | She/her
Kals

Kurai.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me