Re: Stars #1300 - OPEN

Postby 0Zero0 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:22 am

So since I won the one myth cat I'm not entering but I'll still watch and look at peoples forms maybe do some fanart. Good Luck everyone!
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:42 pm

extended until august 17!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:56 am

Username: miraphoenix
Cat Name: Petrelrain
Clan: Havenclan
Prompt:
“A secret? This would be so much easier if it was a secret.”

Immediately after speaking, Petrelrain looked up, terror sending spikes of icy fear through her veins that someone may have overheard. But no cats jumped out of the reeds to question her, the only sound the distant wailing of crows, and the wind through the marsh grasses.

Comforted, she breathed a sigh of relief and padded on, her thoughts swirling as dark as the gathering storm overhead.
Cats would come looking for her soon, though; that much she knew. It was against Havenclan guidance to venture out alone, especially towards the saltmarshes during the fall salmontime, but she had to get away from the camp.

Away from Stargift.

Petrelrain stared down into the small pool at her feet, her reflection blending with the dark water.
She had been friends with Stargift from the moment the pair had met. They had passed through their apprentice time together, Petrelrain out in the marshes and the forests as a hunter, bringing home stories to Stargift, who in turn passed on training tips they had learned from Trouttail. When they had both passed their trials, their friendship remained firm as ever, thick as thieves.

When the large cats came to Havenclan, both Petrelrain and Stargift had been fascinated by the newcomers. Cats the size of bobcats but with the coats of clan cats, some who came from the water with vines on their pelts; how could the pair not be interested?

Pausing in the gathering mist, Petrelrain recalled the time she had spent with the new cats, watching how they moved with effortless grace through the nearshore habitats of Havenclan, how water rolled from their coats like water from goosefeathers. She had tried to learn as much as she could from them, but there was always a barrier, information they would never provide.
Including where they called camp. This had struck Petrelrain as odd at first, as even wanderers tended to say they were wanderers, but the large cats were singularly evasive when asked, with eyes flicking towards the water.

The strangeness had continued, when she had observed one of the large cats effortlessly catch a returning sockeye salmon, but not kill it; instead, the cat had carried off the still-flopping fish back towards the sea, before vanishing behind a shoreline boulder. When Petrelrain had emerged from the marsh sedges to look behind the boulder for any sign of cat or fish, neither could be found, and the scent of fresh salmon ended at the surfline.

After this event, Petrelrain had tried to meet with Stargift to talk with her dear friend, eager to hear their thoughts on these strange events. But when she had returned to Forest’s Heart, she saw Stargift sitting at the edge of the clearing with one of the large cats. The large cat was one she recognized, who had been introduced to her with the name Icepearl. The pair seemed to be deep in conversation, and so Petrelrain had left them both there together, walking back to the great tree alone.

Another strange thing about the new cats, was their ability to seemingly vanish into the air. In the weeks following Stargift and Icepearl’s meeting, Petrelrain did not see any of the strangers, nor saw any of their curious prints in the mud of the riverbank. Still, however, the mystery of these cats ate at her mind; who were they? Where did they come from? Curious to a fault, she vowed to find some answer.

Answers, however, were as elusive as the cats themselves. None of the Havenclan cats seemed to have any more of an idea about the strangers than Petrelrain did. All paths of inquiry led to a dead end, and the hunter was baffled by her quarry.

Until the night she asked the spirits.
That night, Petrelrain gathered cedarbark and fresh salmon roe, bundling them together for the climb into the branches of Forest’s Heart. Hopefully, the spirits would have the answers she sought. High above even the forest canopy, she asked for any answers, any clue to guide her.

A vision came to her from the spirit of a salmon, all shimmering scales and kelp shadows. Through the fish’s golden eyes, she watched as Icepearl and another of the large cats dove down through the kelp towards a shimmering pool beneath the sea. The pair swam with preternatural ease, and through the fish’s gaze, she saw their paws were webbed, their eyes covered with a membrane like a diving bird’s. Upon reaching the coruscating light, the two cats dove through…

And vanished, as if they had never been in this world at all.

Petrelrain woke from the vision gasping, eyes wide as the moon above. What she had seen… These were the powers of spirits, not of cats. The question was no longer who, but what were these strangers who had come to Havenclan?

Stargift had come to greet her as she descended from the tree, and had asked for Petrelrain to follow her to the edge of the clearing; they had a surprise for her, something no-one else knew yet in the clan.
It was then that Petrelrain learned Stargift was expecting kits, and for the second time that day, her blood had frozen in her veins. Although she already knew the answer, she asked who lucky cat was, and the answer hung heavy in the air. Icepearl.

Sleep had not come easily that night.

The cry of an eider broke Petrelrain from her memories, and she looked up with a start. The thick mist had begun to turn to rain, a cold breeze blowing in from the sea to greet the mountains.
Her best friend was carrying kits, from a cat who was not a cat. And who could she tell? No-one. She could—and would—tell no-one. Until the answers were needed. With that as her vow, Petrelrain hurried back to camp; hopefully, no-one had missed her in her absence.

[1000 words]

Last edited by miraphoenix on Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:14 pm

Res
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:18 am

M,,
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:18 am

Username: Meowdle
Cat Name: Crowpatch
Clan: https://toyhou.se/Meowdle/characters/folder:2328361
Prompt:

WIP
Res in case I have time ^^”
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miles. » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Username: zabimaru
Cat Name: sunflicker
Clan: tdse
Prompt:

she is not the first fire walker named in the clan's history, which means it's not a punishment but an act of reverence. a reminder that they think she holds the power of the stars in her paws and must use it to spread a layer of smoke elsewhere so they can continue to grow. (they are afraid of her. it's very easy to cover it up with the fact they need carriers that stay out even longer.)

when he is found as a stray in the forest, he accepts the position of carrier and immediately almost bites through shadewish's tail in the process. she doesn't tell luckysong she's been watching, waiting, has been living in the great oak forest staring at the carriers that come around for longer than he's capable of realizing. she has every founding carrier of the express memorized, recognizes different lilts to their voice and the way a tail lashed when things needed to be urgently done or a lazy stroll through the woods.

he has them right where he wants them, but he hesitates. he tells luckysong of his ability to walk in nonexistence. he is named a fire walker with ceremony and sent away.

sunflicker's whiskers twitch as she lets her paws carry her further and further towards the greak oak forest's rest stop, her head pounding in her ears as she screws her eyes shut and tries to block out the pain.

"You vole-brain! Why did you voluntarily exile yourself?! We've been watching so long! Everyone was right there!" a voice snarls back in her ear, and she digs her claws into the ground on reflex, skidding and slowing down but not stopping.

"Shut up," sunflicker mutters, blunt and to the point. the thrum of reality flickers at her paws, and for a scary second she loses control and the ground under her flickers out from the loamy soils in the forest to the charred, ashy soils scattered over loose pebbles and mountain rock. she shakes her head violently, and it flickers back to normal. "You want me to flicker to a reality where you got everything you wanted? It's not pretty, you know."

"We have the power to correct everything that went wrong, and you spit on it!"

"They sure aren't doing bad to me, Pitch," contempt drips off her voice as she retorts, taking comfort in the angry hiss that echoes through her ears. "Anyways, stop saying we. It's your problem."

"When did you back out of your promise? It's your problem, too, unless you want to tell them." it gets her to shut up in return, well aware that she's just as complacent in this mess. she wonders where along the line she'd suddenly gotten cold paws.

sunflicker isn't sure that anything could fix her, really, but she'd spent too long preparing for revenge that both is and isn't his to back out entirely now. she wants to believe that being a fire walker will buy her enough time to beg their (his?) ancestors to take this all away from her.

they were the reason she was like this to begin with - starclan's failed attempt at getting rid of a cat that caused so much carnage to begin with had gone awry somehow, and suddenly there were two cats forcibly occupying a space that only sunflicker should occupy. yes, she was supposed to be the reincarnation of a cat introduced to her as pitchblaze, a cat that both occupied and did not occupy her body with her, a cat that possessed her periodically but spent even longer raising her as a copy of himself with anger and vengeance that she never experienced herself towards a clan that had only ever been kind to her. now all she was was a failed reincarnation of a dark forest cat that spent moons cursing starclan for it, and keeping his plan for vengeance and his past cruelties against the original smokeclan with her to the grave.

she is pitchblaze. she is not pitchblaze. she both is and isn't possessed, both alive and dead, a cat who's very existence could flicker out and into a different one, a cat who has struggled with both being possessed and not being possessed since he was a kit. she has spent so long just observing the express to dismantle them for a second time (for the first time?) and remembering that they have been nothing but kind to her (nothing but unfair to him, stole his position away, stole his family away), worried about the unique cat that seemingly appeared alone in the great woods who talks even less than she sleeps.

she is sunflicker (sometimes), a cat who's ability to be a unique individual was stolen away from her (never existed?) by a cat so determined to take revenge on his former clan's descendants for locking him in the dark forest. sometimes, she is sunpitch, the reincarnation of pitchblaze. sometimes, she is possessed and sometimes she is exactly what she appears to be - a cat with the memories of a previous life.

she is uncertain who she is, really. she's two cats and no cats and sometimes one cat but it became impossible to tell which cat once she realized exactly what was happening. on good days, she's possessed by pitchblaze and gets to irritate him, tell him to shut up, try to keep him from taking over her body. on bad days, he is him, they share the same destiny the same memories the same past the same fate--

sunflicker's eyes flutter open to the lazy morning sun filtering through the canopy of trees, and she stretches her paws out with a soft yawn. she is an enigma, cursed by starclan in two ways, and she's suddenly hesitant to help raze a clan she'd never actually known.

all he can hope is maybe he can rid himself of pitchblaze before the express finds out everything.

it's a kitlike hope, but it's all he has.

[1000/1000]

...........nobody deserves to be called a curse;

─── icon by jasper ; ───
.══════════════════════.
Image miles / cecil ● he/him Image
but if you're gonna insist,
i'm happy to make things worse.

.══════════════════════.
miles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 am

Username: lovage
    Cat Name: rainingecho
    Clan: fogclan
    Prompt:
      there lay the ancient pools, the one direct communication to starclan. it’s been moons since they’ve last spoken, and fogclan was about to be in ruins without a proper leader to guide them. the rebellion and its dying ranks are leaving the clan weaker and weaker. as the medicine cat and temporary leader, he needed to get an answer from them, but it’s been nights since he got there. it was worth one last shot but who knows where they went. they might have moved onto different skies and refused to tell fogclan where due to its sins.

pressing his nose to the water, he felt the coldness rush through his body as he feel asleep. rainingecho awoke within a forest surrounded by five silhouettes who stared emotionless at him. his body shivered under their combined stare. “there shall be five to echo and call upon each other. but, only they shall dream their future. find them and fogclan shall remain.” that was all that they had for him as they turned away from them.

“wait, i need more,” rainingecho called out. the forced turned their backs on him as they disappeared into the forest. “starclan, wait!” and, with that sounding call, he was sent back to the ancient pools. it was at least something that the clan could hear about, and just as quickly as starclan left, he raced back to the camp to share the news.

his paws flew off the forest floor as he raced to announce the prophecy. it was about dawn by the time he came back. cats surrounded him as he entered camp. that was to be expected as he was away for days trying to reach starclan. leaping upon the leaning log, he called forth the clan. “all cats hear my words before the leaning log. after many moons, starclan has finally told me that we’ll have a leader but it’ll be five cats to lead us. if you have any odds dreams, come to me and tell me. i need to know everything to help determine these leaders.” cats murmured as they left the clearing to perform that day’s duties. then, the dream rage started with many cats coming forward.

every other day, cats would come up to him to say that they had the dream with most being former loners. this wasn’t exactly what starclan would want for them, to have former loners lead a clan whose been through a lot. those cats don’t know exactly what fogclan needs, but if starclan said so, then it would be allowed. yet, this didn’t sit right with him. then, a cat approached him about it with a question. “have you record the dream? most cats would be surprised if starclan didn’t let you continue on with your leader role.”

to fake a dream, would he do it? it was total abuse of his power and starclan connection, but he just felt like it was right. “i have had dreams about this. for me, it’s mainly just been about the leadership ceremonies, and the last true leader granting me and four others an extra life,” rainingecho lied, but it was for the best. he couldn’t let a bunch of loners who didn’t know the clan’s struggle to lead it, so he just had to, at least that’s what he convinced himself.

“it’s nice to know that a familiar leader still lead us. starclan must see potential in you then,” the cat replied with smile. word of his false dream spread like wild fire, he tried to keep up on with his medicine cat duties. but, this mixed with the other cat’s dreams just made the guilt worse. it has to be over, and he has to end it with a vote.

he got up onto the leaning log and called all the cats together once more. “word has spread that starclan choice more than five cats to send dreams to, even if some are lies,” he said. it could be time to go back and admit his lie, but he couldn’t. fogclan would casr him out without a doubt due to its past, so he had to play along with these lies. “but, starclan has said that a vote will show the true leaders. every cat may vote for who they believe.” that was another lie, digging the hole even further. “for voting, every cat over eight moons may cast five votes via pebbles, so may these cats who dreamt the dream step forward.” and with that, he and eight cats stepped forward. “these cats, including me, have all claim to had the dream. chose wisely as four of these cats are lying.”

cats murmured once again before they decided to go forward to vote. every cat was worried about this from what rainingecho could see. cats staggered forward and casted their votes one by one. tension was rising. so was the panic of voting. every vote was counted before the clan and announced. he along with four others, two senior warriors and two former loners, were the newest leaders for fogclan. he would ensure that the two former loners would know the proper way to go and lead an about clan who suffered enough.

fogclan suffered enough at the paws of selfish leaders, but he isn’t like them at all. yet, the guilt didn’t leave him. was he selfish about taking some other cat’s place? at least, he has a reason to take up their place as it would be for the best of the clan, or so that’s what he thought. even with the guilt building up, nothing can be done now as he’s already taken up the role as a council member, only hoping the clan wouldn’t find out about his dirty secret of how he lied his way into the council.

(962/1000)
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Username: ToraOkami303
Cat Name: Bumblegorse
Clan: Eagle Camp
Prompt:
Familia Secrets
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:26 pm

extended to the 25th of august!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th