Re: winter kalons #1861 & #1862 ❄

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:48 am

winter kalon #; #1862
username; KestrelTheFirecat
name; Esme
gender; female
prompt;

Esme turns over on her bed snuggling mr. cookie closer to her chest. She yawns and rubs her eyes and looks out her window. She grins as it is snowing outside. She dashes downstairs and says “hey mom” she climbs onto her chair and sits down with a wide grin. Esme’s mother nuzzles her and says “morning my daughter” she flicks her tail. Esme grins and says “when will I be able to create a snowman?” She flicks her tail and watches curiously. Her mother laughs and says “today you can” Esme leaps up and says “yay!” She grabs her stuffed toy and says “your the best mom!” She runs backs up to her room and grabs her snow gear, her gloves, hat, scarf, coat, and finally her stuffed toy Mr. cookie. She dashes down stairs and says “can I go see if Emma can come help me?” Her mother smiles and nod “yeah you can” Esme runs the her friends house and nocks on the door “Emma you there?” She says. “Coming!” She hears a muffled voice. Emma opens the door and says “hey Esme!” Esme grins and says “want to go buried a snowman with me?” Emma smiles and says “sure!” She grins and grabs her snow gear. The pad to the park and Esme says “let build the snowman!” She flicks her tail and emma says “ok” she smiles. The two kalons starts to roll a ball of snow and compact ice. One example they finished building their snow man. Esme is standing below it and says “wow it’s big” then the head starts to teeter then it falls on esmes head “oh that so cold” Esme says pushing the snow off her head. Emma laughs and says “wow you looked so funny” she laughs and the Esme starts to,laugh too.

305/2000
Last edited by KestrelTheFirecat on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:45 pm

winter kalon #; #1862
username; Ucanthandleme
name; Crane
gender; Male
prompt;

Crane looked around at the snow white expanse, the powdered snow sparkling against the harsh morning light, small snowflakes dancing down from the sky, the sound of morning birds in his ears. Venturing further from the cover of the tall pine tree he had seeked shelter under, he slowly trudged towards a thick layer of snow. As he walked further the snow became deeper and deeper until even the bright red gumboots he wore were buried by the snow. Bringing his mittened hands to his face he blew out a deep breath of warm air, rubbing them together vigorously, before marching forward faster to the deepest part of the snow.

‘Squelch’, looking down he realised the snow had made it past his knees entering his gumboots. He could feel the snow dampening his socks and cooling his feet, creasing up his nose in dislike of the sensation he quickly looked up, seeing his destination not too far he took a deep breath ignoring the damp sensation to move forward once again. ‘Squelch’, his toes curled up tighter with each step, so did the crease in between his brow and the frown on his mouth. Finally he halted, reaching the deepest part of the snow his face showed a small smile.

Patting his hands down on the snow he scooped a small ball into his palm. Patting it together with both hands he made a small compact ball. Holding it tightly he looked up into the air before launching it into the sky; watching as it made its way up, then down, before landing back into the snow creating a powdery display. Once again he gathered more snow in his palm, the cold slowly seeping through his woolen mittens but unlike the chill and dampness from his gumboots he didn’t seem to mind as much. Bundling more and more snow in his palm he gained a rather large ball of snow, about the size of a basketball, before placing it down infront of him.

Then he gathered another ball abot the size of a small cantaloupe, placing it on top, then another ball of snow the size of a christmas bauble. Seeing the snow stacked in front of him, something seemed missing. Turning left and right he spotted an ivory green bush with bright red berries. Patting his hands together he trudged over trying to ignore the squelching of his shoes. Picking some branches and berries he stamped back towards the stacked balls of snow, his cheeks puffed up in annoyance as the squelching of his shoes got louder. Standing before the balls of snow he began to place the twigs and berries, two crooked arms appeared, followed by the not so artistic placing of berry eyes and mouth.

Whipping his hand against his coat he stood back and looked upon his creation. His final masterpiece was a small dainty looking snowman, crooked branches, slanted eyes and somewhat of a creepy smile, yet this ugly snowman brought a satisfied smile to his face. If one were to judge Cranes snowman, he got one point for effort, very ugly but he tried. Standing for quite some time admiring his snowman he gave a small sneeze. Bundling the scarf around his neck closer he gave one last look at his magnificent creation, giving an angry huff as his boots once again squelched, before turning around heading back towards warm toasty shelter.

568/2000

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:31 pm

winter kalon #; 1861
username; Nermal1999
name; Grady
gender; male
prompt;

You can never forget, the first moment, of seeing the first winter snow.
And there's just something special, when crafting a snowman for the very first time.
It's just something that goes hand in hand with winter.

For Grady, snowmen are all he can talk about, when he was a child,
For he had never made one, as he was always too young to remember the snow.

But at long last, he was old enough to remember, and at long last he'd be able to see the snow fall from the sky, and craft his very first snowman.
On the first day of winter he would splat against the window saying, "is it snow!?"
Every day he would do this, and it only grew into more things.
Whenever someone said the word snow, he would splat against the window looking up into the sky with big round eyes, of wonder. Even win it snowed in movies/TV shows, he would run to see if it was snowing out in his yard.

Each and every day he thought about it, he thought about the snowman he would make, in that soft powdered snow.
Would he be big? Or small? How about just right!
Late through the night he'd lie in his bed, just thinking about all the things he could do to make his perfect snowman.
He even began to draw pictures of a snowman man decorated with different things.

One had black rocks for buttons and eyes and wore a red scarf with matching hat.
Another, had a carrot nose, with Blueberry eyes, and strawberry buttons.
The designs he came up with were endless! Soon he had a whole book filled with snowmen designs.

Grady couldn't wait for the snow, it seemed almost impossible to wait, when his head was filled with many snowman that he wanted to make, he even began to consider giving up his toys to ask Santa for snow to come sooner than later.
But his mother was a good woman and taught Grady, that good things come to those who wait.

So Grady waited and waited, and waited.
He waited far until Christmas day, December 25.
And when he woke in his little bed, he saw a sight he would never forget... Snow.
Like a flash of light he sprung from his bed and raced down the stairs, for it had snowed.

He quickly put on winter mittens, his cozy scarf, and a warm jacket, with the finishing touches of his gigantic snow boots,
Finally he was ready.

Filled with excellent he race out the door, ready to jump into the soft white powder. He could wait to hear the crisp crunch of stepping onto the snow.
Quickly He threw open the door and jumped straight into the marvelous wonders of winter,
Only to sink right into a watery slush.

Was... Was this, snow?

It was nothing like in the movies! This snow was wet, and turned to water rather quickly, it didn't even crunch! More like a sloosh sound,
It was rather a disappointment... How was he going to build a snow fort?, how was he supposed to build an igloo?
HOW WAS HE GOING TO BUILD A SNOWMAN!

Gray's winter dream has died, it was dead, there was no going back from this disappointment...
All his snowman dreams were gone... No Icicles, snowball fights, no snowman, no snow.

All the times, his family and friends tried to warn him were true, he knew he should have listened,
The place in which Grady lived was a warm place, and snow was something rare for them to get.
Most times when it did rain it was just slush snow.

He had always believed for those to be lies, something the gray ones say, But boy was he wrong!

Grady still really want to make a snowman this year, but how was he suppose to do that when all he had was slush...
Slowly he gazed at the watery snow around him, then he slowly began to poke around, then he slowly began to pull the slush towards himself, then like an artist in front of a blank canvas he went to work.

He gently began to smoosh a little here, then a little there, cut that here, then that there, until a shape began to come together.

Racing across the yard he grabbed a single piece of bark dust, then he took a rock and smashed it with a hammer, and picked up nine little broken shards, lastly he grabbed a small twig and snapped it in half, finney the decorations were done.
Gently he placed the tiny rock pieces into the melted snow and placed the bark dust piece into the snow, using a little extra to secure it, finney his masterpiece was done.

Stepping back he gave a satisfied nod has he looked over his tiny, slush man.
He had twigs for arms, rock shards, for buttons, eyes, and a mouth, and lastly he had a bark dust nose.
He was lopsided and had already begun to melt, but Grady didn't mind, he was proud of what he made, it might not have been a snowman like what he was hoping for, but he loved his little slush man,
through and through.

[879/2000]

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:45 pm

winter kalon #; 1861
    username; Broccoli_Bento
    name; Randy
    gender; male
    prompt;

December, the month that all children are filled with excitement for.
    The time of year next to summer break and Halloween that kids can't wait all year for.
    From the holiday lights, to Christmas and gifts, to the possible snow blanketing sights all around.

When Randy was little he wished to do what every child wanted to do when it snowed.
    From snow angels, to snowball fights, to sledding, to eating snowflakes, and the crown jewel of all snow activities; the building of a snowman.

The only reason a child would beg their parents for a big bright orange carrot is to use it as the nose peice for their new winter friend.

– – –

But what about Randy?
    What did his first snowman look like, or how did it go?

It was early December 2003, and little Randy was almost seven years old, wishing for it to snow in his hometown in the state of Oregon.
    It hadn't snowed there since he was a toddler, too young to recall it, and too small to actually build a snowman himself.

He wanted it to snow more than ever this year, it just had to like it was destiny.
    But day after day, it hadn't snowed, not even a single flake, but it did rain, and it rained a lot.

All Randy wanted was enough snow to play in, even if it meant exposing the grass underneath it, with leaves and dirt decorating whatever he rolled.

He would ask his mom every or every other day what the forecast was gonna be, and if and when it would snow.
    That was until she got tired of him asking, and sat him down in front of the TV to watch the weather forecast himself, and he did, religiously.

His parents were too busy with work and couldn't afford the fuel it would take to drive up to where it had snowed for Randy to play in.
    It also would have been harder for him to say goodbye to a snowman far away from home, knowing that you couldn't slowly say goodbye as it melted away in your yard.

Randy though would rather have one day of snow than none at all, but all it ever did was rain.
    At that rate he wouldn't mind building a slushie snowman, but he couldn't even do that.

Christmas was only a week away, and Randy was desperate, he thought of all the things that could help him get snow.
    Every night he wished on the brightest star he could see, he prayed at every meal and every night by his bedside for it to snow, and did all his chores, homework, and other good things to raise his chances with Santa to bring him snow for Christmas.

Randy knew in his heart that wishes, prayers, and good deeds wouldn't bring snow to his town, but being a child he couldn't help but hope that it would work.

– – –

All Christmas eve Randy was anxious, hoping that it would truly snow tomorrow, and if it did it would be the greatest most bestest Christmas ever.

That night he and his parents opened one gift, with Randy's being a new pair of Mickey Mouse pajamas.
    He went to bed having wished his biggest wish, and prayed his biggest prayer.
    Falling sound asleep, being more hopeful for snow than for Santa to bring him presents.

Christmas morning.
    Randy dressed in his new pajamas ripped his comforter off of himself like an old bandaid.
    He didn't even take the time to look out his window before racing downstairs, his feet pounding on the stairs with every step, like the sound of drums.

He completely ignored the Christmas tree and all the presents that weren't there before, and went straight for the front door.
    Randy swung the door open and what he saw with his eyes was the most disappointing sight of frost coating everything in sight.

Slowly closing the door shut, Randy tried to stifle his tears as he heard his parents groggily enter the living room.
    He turned to face them with a big smile, but a single tear escaped his eye and rolled down his cheek.

"Oh honey...", his mom shuffled over and hugged him, knowing full well why her child was sad.
    It's not like he hadn't made it obvious to her the days leading up to Christmas.

His dad tried to change the mood by pointing out the small mass of presents Randy neglected to notice.

They started their Christmas with some fun shaped pancakes for breakfast, before moving on to the opening of presents.
    Randy was so happy, thankful, and grateful for all his gifts, but when he got to his last one something about it felt extra special.

Was it because his parents were trying to hide their excitement for him, or was it because it was wrapped the prettiest?
    No matter the reason, he was still gonna open it without hesitation.

Tearing through the paper he unveiled his gift to be Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, but... he didn't have a gamecube.
    It wasn't until his dad got up and opened the cabinet on the TV stand, revealing the already plugged in console.

It was a used gamecube, because his parents couldn't afford a new one, but it was new to Randy, and felt as magical as one that was factory sealed.

Tears welled up in Randy's eyes as he rushed over to hug and thank his parents.
    And it wasn't before long that he popped out the disc, placing it in the open lid before closing it and turning on the magical purple box, with it's matching purple controller plugged into it's front.

The sound of the train gave him butterflies, and then when the title popped up he smiled with so much delight at the sight of the camera following a cat character walking around.

Once it prompted him with adjusting the time and date he acquired his mom's help with it.
    After that the screen moved onto the inside of a train as a blue and white cat wandered over before taking a sit across from him.

Answering the questions was really fun, but now was the big moment of seeing what his character looked like.
    As the train pulled in and the doors slid open, out came a somewhat ugly character, but Randy was really happy with his character's appearance.

What he was most excited and surprised about was the snow decorating the environment all around.

After getting through all the dialog and "tutorial", now he was "free" enough to wander around and meet some new faces.
    On his way over he stumble across a snowball.
    Curious he nudged it and it rolled, and he continued this seeing it grow larger and larger until his character was then pushing it with their hands.

He rolled it close to his house, with it being as big as possible, but wondered if there were anymore lying around.
    After a couple of minutes he found one and rolled it just as big as the first.
    Once he touched them together a snowman formed.
    It was amazing, his first snowman ever, and it spoke!

It was the first snowman he had made of any kind, and who knew it would talk to him.
    It really was a winter friend, but Randy felt slightly bad after the snowman critiqued him for his construction of him, but he got over it quickly and considered himself "best friends" with the snowman.

Despite it just being a video game, the in-game snow still felt so real to Randy.
    He couldn't have asked for a better Christmas then this one.

Even though that year he didn't get snow, there was always next year or the year after, but right then he was gonna enjoy his new game and all the memories it would bring him, including building more snowmen, as many as he could, and of different sizes.

[1328/2000]

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqims]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:23 am

judging!
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:32 am

Good luck!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:32 am

Good luck everyone!
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:38 am

good luck C:!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Smoll bump so I don’t lose this 😊
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:31 am

Sorry for taking forever, I got growths to complete for my people who are waiting for me. 😭 but congrats to my winners i love y'alls stories so much. ❤

#1861 Winner;
      altiora

#1862 Winner;
      Ucanthandleme

HMs;
      SilhouetteStation
      juicebox.
      Zailune
      Levani
      A m n e s i a
      KestrelTheFirecat
      nermal1999
      Broccoli_Bento
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me