Re: Rise | #0988

Postby Micki. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I won't have time to level before this is judged and I'm at the limit, so good luck to everyone else !! this kitty is gorgeous and will go to a wonderful home I'm sure<3
Last edited by Micki. on Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Username: liightning
    Cat's Name: Crow (Crowflight)
    Cat's Gender: male
    Cat's Age: 42 moons
    Clan Thread: DeltaClan

ImagexxxxxImage

The forest was falling apart, and so was his life.

"Robin!" His shriek was lost amid the crackling of the flames. His vision spun. The heat was unbearable, scorching his fur, singing his whiskers, burning his paws, but he kept running, running, running. "Smoke! Cinder!"

There was no reply; they were gone. A morbid image flashed into his mind - his beloved Robin, her beautiful tortoiseshell pelt instead replaced with smoke, cinder, and embers. This then brought another thought: his young kits, only four moons old, nothing more than their names - smoke and cinders. They must have run just as the fire started, and it was all he could do to pray to the stars they were alive.

He hoped to see those stars again, someday, with Robin.

An earsplitting crack could barely be heard above the roaring flames, and he whipped his head up just in time to see a huge tree topple straight toward him. Slow to react, he stumbled out of the way. Blinding pain ripped through him as something struck his left eye, and bright colors exploded in his vision.

Shoving away the ragged branches that jabbed at his face, he tore off into the undergrowth, not knowing where he was going.

Robin. Cinder. Smoke. Their names kept echoing in his head above the hiss of fire as the forest vanished under flame, a silent prayer, a hopeful wish.

Hoping was all he could do now.

But only if he made it out alive.

Miraculously, Crow stumbled into a small stream that ran through the forest. Following its flow, he half-ran, half tripped, the water warding off the flames. He knew it had to lead somewhere, although he didn't know where this "somewhere" was, or if Robin would be there.

It lead out to the marsh, where the fire seemed to stop. Exhausted, he collapsed into a shallow pond, the cool water soothing his burns.

The next morning, he awoke, wincing as he rolled his stiff shoulders and gingerly licking his scorched paws. While washing the soot out of his ebony fur, the water offered him a reflection.

Peering in, he found the familiar golden eyes ringed with dark fur. But something was off. This cat was a stranger.

This cat had a long, snaking scratch over one eye.

While the tree may have missed him, it seemed a branch had struck him, cruelly tearing into his face, creating a gash that ran over his left eye. Thankfully, there was no damage to his eye, but he winced, knowing it would leave a scar.

Would Robin love a cat with a scar?

A fish hanging from his jaws, Crow padded through the marsh, the wind whistling a hollow melody that rattled the reeds. Spring was well upon the marsh, but despite the cheerful birdsong and bright flowers, his heart was heavy.

It had been moons since the forest fire, since he'd last seen Robin and his daughters. Where were they? Had they even survived?

The breeze shifted, bringing him a new and unfamiliar scent, one of a cat. Stiffening, he paused, lifting his gaze to assess the newcomer, who'd slipped out of the reeds before him.

"Who are you?" The she-cat drew herself up, watching him with narrowed copper eyes.

Crow's vision narrowed, blocking out everything in the world except her.

Her.

The fish dropped with a wet smack on the ground, and the she-cat frowned, giving it a skeptical look that Crow knew too well.

"R-robin." The word felt like a burr that Crow tried to choke out.

The tortoiseshell paused, suddenly tense. Her copper eyes flicked over his face, and in their molten depths, he saw a spark of recognition.

"Crow. Crow." Her eyes widened as she repeated it, almost as if it would make it more real. "Crow! Oh my stars, Crow!"

They moved at once, bounding into a joyful embrace, purrs rumbling from their throats.

The marsh was blooming around him, starting anew after the bitter winter.

And so was his life.

liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Schainukan wrote:Username: Schainukan
Cat's Name: Wolfcry
Cat's Gender: Male
Cat's Age: 27 moons
Clan Thread: Slateclan

Prompt:
    Lately, rumor has it that a shadow is lurking within the depths of the woods, sneaking through the undergrowth and leaving its marks behind. Apparently, it has been terrorizing the area and scaring off valued prey thus Wolfcry has been sent out on a mission to track down that beast and put an end to this, by all means necessary.

Tales have been told, the creature is around the size of a large cat, with a black and white pelt. Sporting a long snout, small dark eyes and claws as sharp as stone spikes. Wolfcry huffed in slight amusement at that description before he went on his journey. He was the most skilled and strongest warrior in Slateclan with a great sense of scouting and tracking, it was only apparent he was assigned.

As the smoky cat set off, it was early morning, the dawn patrol just rolling out for the day. Sightings of the mammal have been reported mainly around the evening time however, he had to find traces of it first, narrowing the area down. Finally, he had to find it's lair and get rid of it. Time passed rather quickly, but Wolfcry was efficient. He managed to locate the animal's whereabouts and discovered it's latest routes on his search. By now, he was also certain on what, no, who he was looking for: A badger. The tom had an inkling beforehand but didn't put his paw down on the thought a hundred percent before finding any proof. In the end, his journey lead him into Badger Lair territory, not too far into it, but enough.

Between the thicket, he found a den, clearly recently used and worn. The scent was relatively fresh, his idea was to find the creature still asleep and silently finishing it off. However, it seemed like it was already up and around, well to be fair, it was near dusk. It was then as he exited the den after exploring the inside, that he heard a growl followed by a rustle of bushes. He whirled around to meet the badger mid-leap, it was too late to dodge or avoid any kind of attack but he managed to disbalance the animal with a rough push.
    The tom felt a claw race over his face, reflexively closing his eyes, nothing the less the badger went for his eye. A burning sensation erupted and blood poured out of the wound, making him unable to open his orb. He would need to fight this battle one-eyed for now. Wolfcry released a deep growl of his own, followed by a hiss before rushing towards the mammal, clawing and biting at it whenever he drew near. The feline jumped aside every swipe, using the leafy surrounding as an advantage to hide and thus dodge from time to time. Executing surprise attacks, the badger seemed to get greatly confused by now, exactly what the warrior wanted to archive. After it was weakened and it's speed decreased, Wolfcry slammed it to the ground with his large body and viciously bit into its neck. The badger went limp quickly, the noise dying down and thus the shadow lurking shall be no more.

The tom took a couple panting breaths, having to accept the fact he must have misjudged the situation and felt too safe for his own good. He knew the wound at his eye would leave behind a permanent scar, always reminding him of this day and his failure of judging accordingly.

Congratulations!
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schainukan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 am

Oh wow, thank you Dia! Totally didn't expect I'd win this boy.
Finally my second cat. XD Now I can level up to 2.

Edit: Changing his age back to the original 37 moons!
Schainukan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me