Re: lost kamper #13

Postby toyotathon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 pm

username :
moments.
kalon name :
muriel [ bright ]

dear takura. ;
wowee!! you've come so far from when we use to
talk. i'd be lying if i said i didnt miss when we did.
you've improved so much, and you're still the
sweet, kind person i knew back in '15! i remember
how fun it was to watch your streams. ! i know i
already told you how proud i am of you, but gosh!
seeing you now, doing the things you do, gets me
hyped up. i can scream it from the rooftops. you
helped me grow as a person, and it feels so lucky
to have ever known you. i dont think it'd even
have the motivation to draw. heck, i've still got
sai ever since you linked it to me! I still use it.
rock on ♡

dear high noon ;
you're doing a lot in this event. you ok?
you must be super organized and responsible
to pull this off! i can only imagine getting
hundreds of letters a day, all for different
things. i wouldn't be surprised if you end
up taking over the whole event! just Red.
although i don't know you personally,
just seeing you interact with others shows
how dedicated and approachable you are.
these traits will almost definitely help you
with anything in the future!
dear julibee, Trollish, riddlestyx, magpie! & naumachy ;
this goes out to all five of you! you five have
put out the most kals this event. yet, the
quality of them remains the same ( if not
better! ) how do you manage to do it?! i can't
fathom holding this much responsibility, as
this is a huge community and there are tons
upon tons of entries. whether it be judging
art, writing or a raffle, i'm sure you're all
tired! you all totally deserve a much needed break.
and a quick thank you to all kalon staff for making
kalons possible!

Image Image Image

I'm sorry for suddenly running off like that. I
know you must be mad at me for it. But please,
listen to me. I need to keep running with the
wind. If I don't my past regrets will catch up
with me. I've made so many drafts of this letter,
to make sure my words will get to you as clearly
as possible, and I think I've got it now. I just
need to keep going, moving. I can't stay put
at home forever, as much as you want me
to. I understand you're concerned and that's
why you're keeping me there. But please,
I need to get outside. I need to move.
For me. For us. Me staying at home
is making us both miserable.

So now, you must be wondering, "Muriel?
Where are you now?" I am at a kamp camp.
It calls itself 'kamp.' It's a lot of fun here.
There's activities like bird watching,
bug katching catching, rock climbing,
and this. It makes me so happy to be here.
I feel new again. Happy at last, a feeling I just
can't have at home. I'm so sorry if this all angers
you, but this is what you wanted, isn't it? Me
to be happy. That's why you kept me at home.
I just need you to understand this.

With all this being said, I really hope you
will respect my decision the travel, but
don't worry, I will write you letters
and hopefully visit time to time.
I just can no longer but confined to
walls anymore.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWith love and sorrow,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
Last edited by toyotathon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
toyotathon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

markk
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:53 pm

username: plantfood
    kalon name: nydeliah

compliment a kalon staff member!:
      to Takura.:
        <3 thank you so much for your dedicated hard work to running the raffle booths during pretty much every event. it's definitely one of the most popular games during events and it's really admirable that you do hundreds of rolls at a time just to appease us nerds. also; your npcs are always very cute and I love how much Todd has interacted with the community so far! thanks for bein here
      to high noon:
        <3 dude you have 3 booths running right now... are you ok? one of them is the most popular activities during events too. similar to takura, you're a solid prompt-master! it's amazing how you can power through so many forms in such a short amount of time. thank you very much for being part of the community, you're a darling to be around!
      to watchdog.:
        <3 babe. bro. my guy. you are so talented and so nice and I'm very glad I can call you my friend! thanks for bein such a cool dude 👌 you are an absolute delight to interact with and you make such bEAUITFUL designs... I wish I could gobble up all the nursery batches you've ever made just to have them with me at all times
      to naumachy:
        <3 tbh. I admire you a whole lot and I wish only the best. you are an extremely gifted artist and such a cool person! I really don't know you that well, but despite that, you're easily one of my favorite people in the kal community I hope that's not creepy???. AND I SEE YOU TAKING ALL THESE NURSERY SLOTS AS OF RECENT AND ALL I CAN SAY IS 👍👍💕 GOOD ON YOU!!!!

that's all I got thanks for coming to my ted talk. other staff members, I swear I could've brought up the tiniest little minuscule things that I like about you, but I just wanted to focus on these dorks for a second! I love you all tho. thanks for keeping kalons so wonderful to be a part of!

it's dels! I really hope you get my letter, some of the counselors around here seem kinda ditzy so a mishap wouldn't be too wild an occurrence... plus, anything could happen to snail mail when you're hours away! maybe there'll be some freak accident where the mail delivery service gets hacked and all of their deep dark mailing system secrets are exposed. you never know.

or maybe you do. your intuition about things is pretty good.

but. did you intuition tell you that I had a terribly painful week at kamp today? (yes it's spelled with a k. I think it's supposed to be some kind of joke?? idk) well, if it didn't, that's ok because I'm hundreds of miles away so I wouldn't trust anything your instincts say about my wellbeing anyways. I promise I'm not trying to disappear and die somewhere in the middle of a lake this time. there have been a few accidents these past few days.

when I say "a few," I mean at least 4 pretty big mishaps in the past 80 hours.
      it's been a rough ride this week but I'm keeping it together! I've been using a lot of the skills the therapist has been teaching me, like long drawn-out breaths and trying to making casual conversation about things that don't make me want to implode. I've been writing a lot of letters to help me organize my thoughts when I'm anxious or upset, but most of those were in the first week of camp when I was struggling with making acquaintances.

the kids here are really nice, actually. there are a few brats, but I know it's only because they can't express themselves in a useful way. that's another thing I've learned during my sessions; people who act out antisocially are hurting in some way or another. and another funfact: asocial and antisocial aren't the same things! (I knew that one before therapy, I just think it's important to note)

I keep reminding myself that I'm never going to see any of these people again, so it doesn't really matter what they think of me. I've been allowed to spend a lot more time in the cabins in regards to my habitual clumsiness, so maybe people will think I'm some sort of ghost though...

wip!!
Last edited by wishbone! on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:27 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┌────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'''
username; artemis,
kalon name; gertrude abbott [ meaning "spear of strength" ]
gender; genderfluid [ they / them ]

└────────────────────┘

dear my beloved family,

xxxxxhow are you faring without me to spruce up the little household every now and then?
            well, i hope. i can't imagine how much you guys had to save to send me here!
            xxxxxeveryone here is so nice to me, contrary to how they sometimes treat me back at home.
            i wish you guys could experience this with me, especially the youngins'. i've never seen such ev
            erlasting sunshine, especially compared to how gloomy the sky is where we come from.
            xxxxxcoming from a city of potholes and pigeons, from railroads and rats, i can say without
            hesitation that it has been such a change of scenery. it is so warm here at kamp, the sun always
            beaming out at me like a beacon of hope. i feel accepted here, and that is more than i can say a
            bout school sometimes.
            xxxxxi know deep in my heart that i've been ungrateful of all the hard work you've put in to
            giving me the best i can have, and i realize that now. being around such caring and understanding
            people has opened my eyes to you and i can't wait to come home and show you all my appreciatio
            n. i've never wanted you to feel that way and it breaks my heart to think it has been a reality.
            xxxxxyou've always told me that i am so much more than where i come from, and i believe you.
            i always have... but that stuff is hard. being around such understanding and non-judgemental peop
            le has opened my eyes that i truly am more than my yearly income. you have no idea how much i
            miss you..
            xxxxxyou know what is a wonder, though? the sky is so clear in kamp.... and i can see all of the
            stars above! the light pollution at home makes it so hard to see them. i've taken so many pictures and
            i can't wait to show all of you when i come home. sometimes i imagine that every big, bright star i see
            while we're stargazing is one of you, watching over me. i'm truly happier than i've been in a while and
            i know if you could see me here, you'd be as happy as i am, too.
            xxxxxi'm sending all of you my love, and i just wanted you to know how mu ch i love you all. i'll
            be home soon!

xxxxxlove,
            xxxxxxxxgertrude

compliments are a wip. <3
Last edited by artemis, on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i'll fill hundred of room with my words for you ..

Postby sentimental » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:37 pm

username: sentimental_android
kalon name: w i p
their letter to home: (no word limit)
compliment a kalon staff member!:

neondisaster: hey neon!! befriending you over the course of Kamp was honestly one of the most endearing highlights
for me! i've always admired your kalons and their development from afar (you're crazy talented at character development
and i love talking to you about your kals and myo ideas!!) and being able to get to know you has been an amazing experience.
i hope our friendship age like fine wines and cheeses - love you!

highnoon: hi red!! i've complimented you a billion times but hey call me a suck up because i love you and your work! the amount of time you devoted to this event was ridiculous and your booths ran so incredibly smoothly- great work!!

pallis: hey pallis! we haven't really talked but seeing you active in the discord and community has been amazing. i love your designs and you delivered postcards so fast and reliably during your booth i'm impressed. you're a major art crush of mine and i can't wait to see what you come up with next!

eternity: hi et!! we haven't talked in a hot minute (which is a sin hmu girl)
riddestyx:
watchdog:
tigressa:
Wicced!Witch:
csmintcat:
dragon:
magpie:
naumachy:
kyar:
karmel:
milkkittea:
saturnus:
nektar:
Last edited by sentimental on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sentimental

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:05 pm

mcfreakin mark
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

envy - wip

Postby virgomoon. » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:36 pm

┌──────────┐

user; virgomoon.
name; phoebe
- radiant one

gender; female
she/her

└──────────┘

i miss you, home

summer cannot end fast enough, mother. i'm tired of blackberry cobbler and lumpy mattresses. i wake up with dirt in my fur and an ache in my neck. it's only been seven days, and i have twenty more to go. i've been allowed a calendar, which i keep by my bed and mark off every morning. it's the same, repetitive cycle; a never-ending campfire song and two-mile hike through the forest in order to "hunt" for our dinner. it's just burnt corn-on-the-cob and black beans with no salt. don't even mention a shower to me, mother. my heart longs for my brush and silky-smooth paw fur, but even that is gone. i go to sleep with the promise of waking up to a new, better day, but it always ends so sourly. i miss our cramped apartment, and the neighbor that keeps begging for a cup of brown sugar, and the creaky wooden floors. it almost makes me want to steal a pudding spoon and dig a hole through the ground. wouldn't that be a strange surprise?

my only solace is the roommate i've been given for the time being. she has long eyelashes, and just looking at her makes my paws itch. i wish i had my oil paints with me. i would be coming home with a painting of her, if she let me. after our weekly dip in the lake, she asked me to braid her hair. it's hanging off the side of her bed, and has drooping forget-me-nots in it. as a gift, she wove me a crown of dandelions and those awful forget-me-nots. the crown is sitting on my suitcase, and the flowers have begun to turn brown, but i don't have the heart to throw it out.

i'll write again soon. i've used all of my paper on drawing and making boats for the lake.

my dearest

naumachy - i'm very new, and so i don't have much to say about anyone personally, i'm sorry. i took a peak at your kalon stash and your gallery, and i have to say, you have an amazing art style! please, keep shining with your art and kalon characters. i wish i was able to read their character backstories; i'm sure they're interesting. you seem very sweet!

high noon -
Last edited by virgomoon. on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
      ┌─────────────┐

where are your wings, angel?
      why is your halo so dim
      and your dress so torn?
      you live in a paradise, dear
      there is no reason to mourn
      —-

└─────────────┘
virgomoon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist