Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 9

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:33 am

I’m participating in Prompt Day #9!
    Username: .henloimmabirb.
    Your ID#: 778953
    Previous Entry: Day 8
    Chicoon: Eos
      Nap Time!
      Show or tell us where your Chicoon would go to have a rest in or away from the summer heat!
    Entry: Image
    Eos goes for a swim to cool down from the summer heat! His pal Soot on the other hand, finds a shady place for a nap. :3

Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282

*I'm away on vacation till the 22nd -- apologies for delayed replies/messages!*
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:49 am

Username: Eevee55
    Your ID#: 1033286
    Previous Entry: Here
    Chicoon: Sara
      Nap Time!
      Show or tell us where your Chicoon would go to have a rest in or away from the summer heat!
    Entry: Normally, Sara would head back to her tent to rest when the temperature got too warm. It was comfortable and familiar, after all. However, today they would need to be a bit more creative; they currently were not anywhere near their tent. Sara had not been expecting it to get so warm today. In the early morning, when she had first awoken, it had actually been really cool out. That was why they had decided to go for a morning hike! Unfortunately, a mere hour later, the temperature had apparently decided to do a complete 180 degree rotation, and now it was extremely warm. Far too warm for Sara to hike the hour back to the campsite. She was utterly exhausted from the heat and really needed to find a cool place to rest for a bit until the temperature cooled down.
    Sara looked around. They were deep in the forest, and though the trees provided some shade, they did not do much to lower the temperature. She supposed she could take some of the fallen branches and leaves and make a makeshift tent with them, but she doubted that it would be very effective. They simply were not thick enough to keep the heat out. Continuing to look around, Sara spotted the entrance to a cave. Well, if the cave was deep enough, it would probably be cooler... And so, Sara set off into the cave. Fortunately, it seemed the cave was indeed quite deep, and soon the intense heat from outside disappeared, replaced by a much more bearable temperature.
    Now that the temperature was cooler, Sara felt somewhat less tired and decided to explore a bit before choosing somewhere to rest for a while while waiting for the temperature outside to decrease. As she wandered through the cave, Sara looked around for any plants or cool rocks that might be hidden inside. They had not really had many opportunities to explore any caves in the area yet, so they decided to look on the bright side of things and just enjoy this opportunity. There were plenty of rocks around, most of them looked about the same but there were a few with interesting designs on them. Sara gravitated towards these kinds of rocks, and ended up 'following' them farther into the cave. Eventually, she reached a large cavernous room with lots of rocks and a small pool of water. There were even a few plants growing in the soil near the water!
    Sara stayed there for most of the day, losing track of time while examining all the cool rocks. She even got a few she had never seen before for her collection! It was quite relaxing to just sit there looking at all the rocks. Eventually, they started to feel hungry, which was what caused them to realize how long they had been in the cave. Reluctantly, she left the comfort of the room and headed back out of the cave, knowing she needed to head back to the campsite and eat something. Fortunately, by now the temperature had cooled down somewhat and the hike back to the campsite no longer seemed daunting.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:19 am

Username: imabanditø
    Your ID#: 908562
    Previous Entry: x
    Chicoon: montgomery
      Nap Time!
    Entry: montgomery would rest under a large umbrella on the beach!
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:22 am

Username: rosemeadow
    Your ID#: 985317
    Previous Entry: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4766474&start=100#p139207233
    Chicoon: Ilia (Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4770566)
      Nap Time!
    Entry: Story
    The sun was unmercifully beating down on Ilia, and she was fine with it... for a few minutes. This was why she was always swimming, she told herself regretfully, though she wasn't too miserable about it. The chicoon had just come out of her tent after waking up from a good night's rest- she didn't care that she had woken up at noon, that wasn't the problem here- and the sun had apparently thought it was okay to attack her with its all-pervading rays. At first, she had thought, okay, well, that's fine. It's just sun. But then she had decided to go to the beach and swam for an hour or so and realized that this was, decidedly, not fine in the slightest! Thus, Ilia was now in the situation of looking for a place to go back to sleep.
    The heat always made her tired, and she sluggishly drifted back to the campgrounds with an aimless nature hovering like an aura around her. She knew where she was going- maybe? She always loved to get some good rest and relaxation in water, but the only water she liked was the beach water, which was now off-limits in her mind because of the heat. As she walked, Ilia imagined bringing an umbrella to the camground's beach to block the sunlight and swimming with it. She giggled to herself, and then remembered what she was doing. Right, she was finding a place to nap! Not anywhere in the sun.
    Ilia found herself led by her paws towards a different place she liked to go to- caves. There were a few cave systems scattered throughout the chicoon's campground, and Ilia adored them. Even just thinking about the cool, moist breeze constantly circulating throughout the stony hideouts gave her a spring in her step. After a few minutes of excited- but still leisurely- walking, Ilia reached the cave that she loved. It was wonderful! She needed to show it to Zeno, she reminded herself, though the grump would probably just want to stay in his tent like a social recluse. She hadn't actually seen him in a while. Maybe he was getting out! Focus, Ilia, she thought, remembering her quest. Ilia stepped into the cave. She could feel the water in the air, which may have been undesirable for other chicoons but was her absolute favorite thing. Despite her excitement about going to the cave, Ilia could feel the lethargy creeping in, slowly bringing her to a halt in her pawsteps. She yawned, ready to go back to sleep, unworried about the outside world or about the fact that she had just woken up an hour ago. She really and truly did not care, she thought contentedly, nestling into one of the crooks in the cave wall. The wall was delightfully cold, and she rested her head on her paws and closed her eyes. With a satisfied expression, the chicoon sat, relaxing into the rocky wall...
    Ilia opened her eyes, suddenly and restlessly. This was boring. Her mind was alit with the million other things she wanted to do, and suddenly resting didn't seem so appealing anymore. Naptime over, she thought as she jumped up from her laying position. She could still get away from the heat, but if she was in a cave, she may as well explore it! Thus, after an incredibly short rest, Ilia decided that she did not like resting and explored her resting place away from the heat instead. For a short answer, Ilia's preferred place for getting away from the heat was the cool caves or the beach's waters. She was simply too impatient to rest there.
    [611 words]
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby case » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:23 am

Username: case
    Your ID#: 108699
    Previous Entry: here!
    Chicoon: Cirrus!
      Nap Time!
    Cirrus walks over to an area that overlooks the beach. Digging in her knapsack, she pulls out a hammock and ties the hammock to two palm trees. Although Cirrus struggles getting herself in it, she is finally able to curl up inside. The sounds of the ocean naturally lull her to sleep. If Cirrus felt too warm, she would only be a minute or two from being able to cool herself off in the ocean.
she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 10

Postby cinerious » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:10 pm

Wes wrote:

~~~~~

Welcome to The Waypost!

Day 10 is now open!
Check here for the prompt! I will post when I close today's prompt around 8pm est!

Daily Findings wrote:
-roadkill-69- - 1 tinted stone
hamkid - 1 tinted stone
P3PP3R_c0rn - 1 pebble
Griff - 1 pebble
-aeris - 1 pebble
.henloimmabirb. - 1 tinted stone
Eevee55 - 1 tinted stone
imabanditø - 1 tinted stone
rosemeadow - 1 tinted stone
case - 1 pebble

-aeris
(+1 Water Potion)

-roadkill-69-
(+1 Chicoon from Here!)

★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:30 pm

I’m participating in Prompt Day #10!
    Username: imabanditø
    Your ID#: 908562
    Previous Entry: x
    Chicoon: reptilian
      Catching Fireflies
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon catching fireflies! Do they sit and watch, or do they lure them in with their flames? Remember to release them after!
    Entry: reptilian thinks fireflies are fascinating, and loves interacting with them! he really likes examining them, chasing them, and watching them!
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Aeris » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:21 pm

Username: -aeris
    Your ID#: 800027
    Previous Entry:one
    Chicoon: [/b] Winter
      Catching Fireflies
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon catching fireflies! Do they sit and watch, or do they lure them in with their flames? Remember to release them after!
    Entry: When it's 'firefly season' as Winter would call it, he would run towards the field around midnight, to him, that is the prime time to see the stars and see the fireflies. Although the little bugs first scared Winter when he was a whelp, now they are one of his favorite bugs, both for their beauty and personalities. He doesn't like the thought of trapping and catching fireflies, so instead, he'd race with them. He'd chase the fireflies or them chasing him across the fields the whole night. The field would light up with hundreds and thousands of fireflies and he'd try his best to count them all. Before heading back to his home, he'd play a little song for his glittering friends, as a farewell and with the promise for them to meet each other the next night. [139]
My TH ! | dm for my discord
-Aeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepperikorn » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:37 pm

Username: P3PP3R_c0rn
    Your ID#: 199677
    Previous Entry: link
    Chicoon: Amanita
      Catching Fireflies
    Entry: Amanita watched as the fireflies flied into her trap - a glass jar attached underneath a bright lantern. 'What a beautiful view!' She thought. She was so absorbed by the fireflies that she didn't notice how late it was! 'Oops, better go back home' Amanita freed the poor bugs from the jar before heading home.
Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 am

Username: rosemeadow
    Your ID#: 985317
    Previous Entry: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4766474&p=139229095#p139229095
    Chicoon: Ilia (Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4770566)
      Catching Fireflies
    One.. two.. three.. four... Ilia attempted to count the fireflies as they flitted around her like tiny lightbulbs in the twilight, her wide eyes brightened with wonder. She had always been fascinated with fireflies, and thus, this excursion to the forest in the late evening had definitely been the right choice. Who would've known that all these fireflies would be here? Not her. Ilia had just stepped into this enclosed clearing, and the illuminating insects had been there. It made her wonder if they had been waiting there for her. She did not dismiss this thought as childish; for all she knew, the fireflies could have been plotting to ambush her.. like thieves in the night. She smiled to herself, caught in a state of amazement once more at her new tiny friends.
    As Ilia sat in the forested clearing, gazing open-mouthed at the fireflies, she realized that they were getting closer to her tail. Of course! She almost jumped with excitement. Her tail flame was attracting them! But why? Light didn't usually lure in fireflies, did it? Oh well. Whatever reason the bright bugs had for drifting slowly closer and closer to her tail flame, they were doing it all the same. The chicoon felt the sudden realization that she could catch the fireflies in a jar, or some other trap- they were so close, they might not even notice. However, she pushed away the thought with her personal morality in mind: it felt... what was the word. Ethically. It felt ethically wrong to capture these helpless fireflies, rendering them hapless. So, she did not reach for any kind of tool to capture the fireflies. She simply sat there, alone in the dark clearing, with the fireflies surrounding her.
    They.. they were getting quite close, actually, Ilia thought hesitantly. What were they doing? The fireflies were closing in, a phrase she laughed at in an almost terrified manner. She slowly stood up, the swarm of bright, inescapable light hovering mere centimetres from every area of her body; except her tail flame (ironically) and her eyes (thankfully). In the next moment, she could no longer see the firefly swarm in front of her eyes, which confused her. She felt odd, and when she looked at her paws, she realized why. Ilia wasn't sure whether to laugh or to cry. The fireflies had all landed on her, creating a sort of full-body suit of light that she was completely caught within. Ilia bemusedly imagined within her mind's eye an image of herself standing alone in a dark clearing in the campground's forest, completely covered with a shield of fireflies. It was enough to make her feel like some kind of goddess of the bugs, or something. Ilia stood, unsure of what to do. She knew that if she moved, her blanket of fireflies would be scared away, but she wanted them to stay, oddly. What was even happening, she delightedly thought. Finally, she could not stand the stillness any longer. Ilia laughed, and her fullbody suit of fireflies all lifted immediately from her fur, flying away into the moonlit trees, an entire beacon of brightness for any confused chicoon hiking through the forest. As Ilia stared after them, she could only think, with an amazement akin to one who has accomplished an unbelievable feat; well, I guess I caught them?
    [559 words]
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me