Re: Untitled Booth - Day 5

Postby case » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:07 am

Username + ID: case 108699
Questions?:
    Serenity took some time to study the objects in the shop. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Her eyes fell upon the flintlock that sent a cold shudder down her spine. “H-hey, where did you get that?”
she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winter Shores » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:49 am

Username + ID: Winter Shotes | 931321
Questions?: Do you know anything about traveling into books?
Winter Shores

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Northstar. » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:20 am

Username + ID: Northstar. 65952
Questions?:

You must've seen some weird places when finding all this stuff. What's the strangest place you've been?
Northstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluex » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:06 pm

Username + ID: bluex 639748
    Questions?: zomg whats ur skincare routine ur glowing
bluex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 5 Results and Responses

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:34 am

Results

As the lights dim and the event seems to come to a close, so does the mysterious untitled booth. Traveler seems grateful to see so many faces nonetheless, and offers tokens of appreciation to everyone that showed out for the final day.

30 Siesta Stamps.
    Lex.
    Cactologist
    Voltaire
    Cinnaliz
    BlueEyedKite
    honeybunchesofoats
    rabbit....
    Joke's On You
    BadgerBuddies
    peppa
    L1V1D
    DarkestWerewolf
    Black.Wings
    nio.
    certified
    Knickknacks
    case
    Winter Shores
    Northstar.
    bluex

Final Author's Note
    Thank you guys so much for all of the enjoyment during the booth! I loved seeing everyone's responses and honestly, found myself enjoying closing the booth and opening it for a new day. It's been great, I hope to see everyone at Traveler's future shenanigans, now that you know they exist!
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traveler's Makeshift Q&A

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:34 am

And obviously, I wouldn't deprive you guys of the answers to your questions. Traveler's responses are based around the perspective of the original question.

Quite the impressive collection you have, it must have taken awhile to prepare! Out of curiosity, did you see me here while you were setting up?
    "Truthfully, I haven't been as attentive to my booth. I kinda... was late to setting up, and then got distracted by all of the other cool booths... I just came back to my booth and found you kneeling on the floor. I thought maybe you had seen an artifact that you thought was so impressively cool, you dropped to your knees! But then I saw that you weren't really... conscious. And you were crying."

Ever heard of the Dark Picture Anthology series?" Cheri asks after a moment of confused silence, recalibrating as her voice remains soft and nearly breathless. "If not, I'd check it out. Personal recommendation.
    Traveler's eye twinkles with a sudden curiosity and before you even realize what happened, they have a notebook in their palm and they are quickly scribbling the title down. "I haven't, but now I have!" Rest assured, they'll be right on looking into it.

What's probably the weirdest thing you've seen on your travels?
    "Well, they call me the Traveler for a reason. I've seen a lot. Do you know what an Undead Sharkenbear is? Yeah... I wish I didn't. Probably the weirdest thing I've seen, by far."

What are you doing after you close up shop tonight?
    "Probably going to explore the area a bit. I don't usually dream walk, but maybe I can finally look more into it. I'm not too... keen, on protecting dreamers. It feels weird."

Hmmm…I have to ask, how in the world did you get that scar on the back of your neck?
    "... How do you know about that?"
    Traveler seems a bit shaken after that question, they're obviously uncomfortable.

Your shop is chalk full of stuff! Do you have any anti-theft deterrents?
    "Hmm... that sounds like something a thief would ask me, you know. Without being too specific, I have my ways."

I noticed that you have a really pretty necklace. Does it have any special meaning to it at all? Or do you just wear it for fun?
    It's gonna sound terrible, but I just found it in my possession after a particularly long night that I don't even really remember. Not in an 'the night got too crazy' type of way, but that I literally... can't remember anything from before. The necklace was just there with me so I figured it must have some kind of significance.

Where is your favorite place you have visited?
    Oh wow, I'm glad you asked! There was this lovely northern town I went through one time. It was like there was some kind of magnetic force pulling me to it. I had never seen snow before that town and I fell in love! It was so... lovely. I think about visiting it again but at the same time, something just tells me that I shouldn't. Maybe it was just too perfect to be true?

Sorry, I hope it's not rude to ask... what happened to your eye?
    Not at all! My other eye is just... really sensitive to light. It helps to keep it covered.

How long did it take to create a collection of this size?
    At this point, I have no clue. At least a couple of years. I just wake up and seem to find more stuff in my caravan every year. It's really neat but also inconvenient at times... I'm running out of space!

You seem to be someone who had gone on many adventures in the past. Would you be willing to share a tale or two with me?
    I would, but I don't think I have much time left. It looks like the other booths have already packed up! The most interesting tale I have is probably a very, very, "sleep hollow" type of town that I visited. They were all polite people, mainly stuck to themselves, but they kept giving me weird looks. Someone once asked me if I had brought a traveling partner with me, which, I travel alone.
    It was weird and despite the fact that they seemed freaked out, I never felt any different, you know? I feel like people always talk about having a feeling of something "watching over you" in those situations but I felt fine. I just assumed that maybe someone had been snooping around my stuff at night and they were concerned about it, I don't really know. Nothing ever came of it so I guess it all worked out.

Do you believe in past lives and reincarnation?
    “I think I just died” she muttered to herself.

Traveler looks at you with slightly narrowed eyes, their lips curved into a thin straight line. If they heard your comment, they didn't say anything explicitly about it.
    "I think... there's some kind of time continuum there. But its a lot to get into and honestly, I get a headache thinking of even trying to explain it."

Why did you say you’re a nobody?
    Hmm... it's hard to explain. I think it stems from me waking up and having zero recollection of who I was. I just called myself a "nobody" for the longest time, someone called me a traveler and I think it just stuck. I didn't even really know words when I woke up, honestly. They came to me but I didn't... have any context of them? If that makes sense. It probably doesn't.

Can I get, like… a glass of water? Or something?” August asks, trying not to sway on his feet. “I’m feeling a little odd.
    Traveler perks up, eye brightening with a life you never could have guessed that they had, sarcasm. They roll their hand out towards you and with a soft puff of green-yellow smoke, a fancy flute of glittering water appears. They seem happy with their party trick.
    "If you need anything else, just let me know!"

Serenity took some time to study the objects in the shop. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Her eyes fell upon the flintlock that sent a cold shudder down her spine. “H-hey, where did you get that?”
    Traveler is tidying up some of their knacks when they turn towards you in lieu of the question. They move their hand to their chin, rubbing in a soft motion. "You know, I think it was actually given to me. It was left at the steps of my caravan with a fancy red ribbon on it. I thought it was an awfully sweet gift but... sometimes I can't help but feel like it's been through something bad."

Do you know anything about traveling into books?
    Nope! But you're not the first person that's said something like that to me. What have you weird dream walkers been up to?

You must've seen some weird places when finding all this stuff. What's the strangest place you've been?
    I woke up without any recollection of myself at one point in time, except for a singular memory. It was of a blistering fire in a fireplace. I couldn't make out any other details of whatever room I was in, except for the fire. It was captivating but it also felt wrong, like I shouldn't have been there.

zomg whats ur skincare routine ur glowing
    Oh? Oh! Thank you! ... Nobody has ever complimented me like that. I just drink water and hope for the best, honestly.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me