Re: Plate Dragon #324

Postby InuImori » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:09 pm

freybugg wrote:[Username:] freybugg
[ID:] 415187
[Power:] Mediumship
After the death of his sister in childhood, he has been able to see the ghosts of those who linger on earth. He figures it was a family trait, one inherited from a great grandmother who had spent her days swearing his great grandfather was still with her, even twenty years after his death.They stay for a variety of reasons, from those who stay to watch over their living kin, those who attempt to haunt those they hated in life, some who just aren't ready to truly be dead, and even pets who follow their beloved owners until they join them in death. He can't speak to them, nor touch, but has learned to communicate through getsure and the use of a set of alphabet cards. However, he usually prefers the ghosts not know he can see them at all, the trouble they bring being more effort than its worth. In spite his abilities, he has never seen one of his own family members, even his lost sister. He used to look for them, going to the locations of their deaths, their graves, even their favorite haunts in life. In some ways, it relieving to know that they have gone to a better place. But sometimes, he wonders why they couldn't have stuck around for him.
He prefers to maintain a normal life outside of his powers, though he occasionally sends in anonymous tips to the police about cases. He's helped solve a few closed cases, and a few of the ghosts who he keeps contact with may lead him to a missing child or kidnapping. It makes his life complicated, and sometimes dangerous, but he can't just ignore others in need. Sometimes though he wishes he could just live in the middle of nowhere, where the ghosts are mainly just animals with no need for his help.

It was hard to choose but this one was my winner! Congrats!
An honorable mention is to Plaga! I was struggling between both of your entries! Thank you to everyone who entered!
Image Image

✧ She/Her ✧ They/Them ✧
✧ Leo ✧ Taken ✧ Adult ✧ Heterosexual ✧
Image InuImori Image InuImori Image InuImori
CommissionsOC SaleYCH Shopc$ Art

InuImori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups