Re: Kalon #2189 | Golf

Postby Armuris » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:26 pm

Username + ID: Armuris 477240
Name: Phantom
What do they feel nostalgic about?
Phantom was one of those kids that got to live just outside of city limits. His parents owned a small chunk of land, where the back section of the land was packed with timber. Trees of every kind clustered all over. There were a few deer trails scattered around the woods, yet Phantom's favorite part was following down one of the trails and hooking a slight left to a small clearing. Dead center of this clearing was a charred trunk of an old oak. The story goes that this particular stump was struck by lightning so perfectly that is carved it into a perfect chair. Phantom spent a lot of his childhood taking his homework, or his book of the week out to the charred tree to sit and enjoy his work while watching the little woodland animals roam around his little clearing. Now having grown up and moved into the city for school, he would give everything to have a little magical tree chair in the woods to just relax and remember how simple life can truly be.
Bonus question:
Phantom owns and wears a horseshoe shaped bracelet around his front paw in order to ward off bad spirits and bad vibes, and to lure in as much good luck as he can. It was given to him by his grandmother from one of her lucky horses.
Last edited by Armuris on Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armuris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:40 pm

Username + ID: SilhouetteStation + 676516
    Name: Koba

What do they feel nostalgic about? (345w)
    If you ask him what he feels nostalgic for, you better have a good hour up your sleeve to waste - he's always more than eager to launch into why he misses video rental stores so much, and how he thinks it's a crime that they've become all but extinct.

Just going there was enough cause for excitement. As a kid, there was no greater adventure than hopping in the car and bouncing up and down in his seat until they got to the local rental place. Those automatic sliding doors would open before him - he'd be standing there with his arms spread, pretending to cast a spell like he was a wizard in some great fantasy epic - before rushing headfirst inside, regardless of his parents calls to slow down.

Aisles upon aisles upon aisles of VHS tapes would envelop him, drawing him in to their twisted, colorful maze, and he'd run around the store like a giggling lunatic while the employees watched on fondly. It was okay - they frequented the store enough to know that he would cause no damage. Not intentionally, anyway.

He loved the movie posters - the new ones, bold and shiny, and the old, faded and torn in places. He loved the sound of cracking open the VHS case, and he missed seeing all of the covers. Sometimes they were in good condition; other times, the plastic was peeling up at the corners and in need of a little repair. He loved the worn patterned carpet, including the mysterious stain in one of the corners, and he loved the dated paint on the walls and the other mysterious stain in the ceiling above. He missed seeing the familiar titles of his favorite stories, and he missed the excitement of finding something new. You didn't need reviews, when you were a kid; you found new favorites by following the excitement in your gut.

The old video stories just had a - a vibe that you couldn't find elsewhere nowadays - and he knew that he would always be nostalgic for those innocent days gone by.

Bonus question:
    He's the reason for the mysterious stain - he got so excited during his first visit that he threw up his slushie all over the carpet. Luckily you can't ban a five-year old for being overly enthusiastic.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yokaibytes » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:03 am

Username + ID: yokaibytes 518991
Name: Geist
What do they feel nostalgic about? They miss the Halloweens of the late 90s/early 2000s! Geist feels like the passion for the holiday isn't as strong in the modern era as it used to be. Call them old-fashioned, but they miss the pure excitement of dressing up and going trick-or-treating for hours on end, carrying around an increasingly heavy pillow sack full of candy. Their route was meticulously planned with their friends for maximum candy collection. They fondly recall the memories of plastic pumpkin pails and dumping out their candy on the living room floor to trade with friends. When ghosts, witches and werewolves littered the streets in search of sweet treats (or even tricks!). When houses were elaborately decorated in lights and cobwebs; jack-o-lanterns sitting on porches, carved with care. Nowadays, it feels like more and more people just throw up a string of lights and/or set out a pumpkin and a bowl and call it a day! And there are even less trick-or-treaters nowadays, now that they're on the giving end of the treats. All in all, they're nostalgic for the magic of the holiday they once felt!
Bonus question: This kalon's guilty pleasure is watching cheesy/bad horror movies. They may even enjoy them more than regular ones. They'll never admit to it though, despite knowing way too much about them for someone who supposedly doesn't care.
> Yokai | He/Him | Adult | Artist, Gamer & Cartoon/Anime Enthusiast <
yokaibytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:30 am

Username + ID:
Name: kasper
- likes VSH tapes/old movies
- like collecting pokemon cards as a hobbie
wip
Bonus question:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had...i did"
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSnake » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:31 am

Username + ID: BananaSnake + 1079492
Name: Grayson
Grayson used to love how much candy you could buy with a dollar at the convenience store. As a young Kalon, he’d always love going there and feeling a sense of power. He could buy anything that he wanted! And if he had two dollars, well, the world was his to buy! He truly believes the younger generation are missing out, even if they have all this fun new candy. He holds a special place in his heart for Tootsie Roll Pops and Hershey’s, believing them to be some of the finest sweets ever created.

He remembers saving up his pocket money all week so he could go to the store and pick out what he wanted. The people that ran the place were so nice, they knew him by name and would sometimes slip him an extra lollipop or piece of chocolate! They would always save a few of his favourites for him if they were low on it. As a kit, he thought that they were the best.

He also loved the variety of the candy. He would walk in and be amazed by how much there was, no matter how many times he had been there. Hershey’s? Sure! Pop Rocks? Delicious! Pop Rocks? Of course! The kid Grayson loved them all, and would happily spend as much as he needed for them. He would delight in finding something new, and eagerly try it. The only thing he didn’t like was Fun Dip.

The young Kalon had once bought the stuff, and had accidentally sniffed it to hard. It had gotten into his nose, and it had not felt good. He was still sneezing days after the incident! Since then, he was determined to eat every candy except the powdered ones. He didn’t want it to happen again!

The adult Grayson is fine with powder candy now, it’s even one of his favourite types. He’s still very likely to try new candies, the only problem is that the companies are producing too many new brands, and he doesn’t have enough money or time to eat them all!
Bonus question:
He once got told he looked like Sans from Undertale and hasn’t been able to unsee it since.
Undertale quote incoming!
"take care of yourself, kid,
'cause someone really cares about you."
Sans, am I right?
BananaSnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spriig » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:47 am

So spooky! I love the shades u///u marking
I'm so so so sorry but I'm not going to be here for a while. My uncle was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Spriig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PAVLIEN » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:44 am

Username + ID: pavlien 1000755
Name: Yūrei
they tend to get really nostalgic around cemeteries and seem to spend alot of time there
Bonus question:
theyre a ghost that very few others can actually see :) they are spotted most often during the nights of october, but theres some reports of people seeing them in other months

PAVLIEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:55 am

Username + ID: Exitium + 626371
Name: Carlisle
Carlisle feels nostalgic when looking out across the large lines of fruit trees in their local orchard. Having grown up on a fruit farm/orchard, which no longer exists (having been sold by their family when they grew up to go to an academy), Carlisle misses the bundle of leaves they'd have to pick up in the autumn. Carlisle missed preparing for the harsh winter, protecting the orchard from freezeover, and bright summers when the fruit scents filled the air.
Bonus question:
Carlisle loves collecting buttons. They have over 237 buttons in their collection, sitting in sorted bags by color and material.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:12 am

Username + ID: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Name: Bran
What do they feel nostalgic about? (Reusing an old prompt)
A cool breeze, a sway of playful branches across my nose. Home. I opened my eyes and there it lay before me. The wheat fields of gold, harsh sun which brang much warmth and a cool breeze which tickled my nose. I stood up, it seemed I had been slumped over a rocking chair under an old oak tree. It was hard to get up. I was sluggish from awakening and the warmth of the moment made it hard to fully focus. Laughter. It rang out from the fields as a blurry figure approached. Even without looking I knew who it was; my brother. Their long hair ablaze the wind, a smile at their lips and a brightness in their eyes. They reached out, a hand that I grabbed so tightly, and with a forceful pull lifted me from my seat. A whisper, a laugh, a rumble at a joke, they pulled me along into the golden fields.

☆------------------☆

Laughter. It rang out against the orange hues of the sky, two suns hung brightly shining down as the children frolicked between the mountains of gold. Purple flowers rained down and the calls of happiness were clear. A memory of the past. I watched slumped in my old rocking chair. A giggle, a smile, a hand reached out pulling me up to the ground. I was light. There was no more unknown, people were lost but people were born, memories remained and new ones joined too. And, I looked into the sky as a white light beamed down. Amazement present on an old worn face, the blood was coming, coming from different parts of space. Reuniting. Reuniting at our home.
(279/)

Bonus question:
An explorer of space who has a whole binder filled with quote "ugly-cute" creatures he has seen on different planets, to which his mist prized picture is of an angry dorrito shaped bird which eyebrows thicker than his own finger.

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆