barn name: carys
    name meaning(s): (KAH-riss), welsh; 'love'

halter colour: rainbow gradient <3
    blanket colour: nonbinary flag

mane and tail: current
    one must have: dun
    two cannot haves grey, tovero

prompt:

as soon as the barn door slide open, there came the sound of a distinctly impatient whinny and a hoof pawing at the ground. it didn't take long to find the culprit - for carys poked his head over his stall door and tossed his head. "know already, don't you?" hummed the human - sam - who'd just walked in as they came to stop by zir door, reaching up to pet the tolter's soft muzzle and laughing as carys almost knocked them back stretching zir head out to look out the barn doors. outside, the world was blanketed in a thick layer of white. "yup. you guessed it buddy. it snowed." carys nodded - of course they had guessed right. they Always knew when it was going to snow.

"ah, c'mon now. stand still or you'll never get out there," sam griped affectionately after their third attempt to attach the lead rope missed at the tolter's quick excited movements. as soon as the lead was attached, carys became still, warm eyes fixed on his owner as they fiddled with the bolts on the door. with a click of their tongue, sam pulled gently on the rope and began to lead him from the stall, the big tolter following obediently - and very obviously keeping himself from breaking into a trot - before stopping dead at another stall. acushla hardly minded the intrusion, greeting carys with affection and a quiver of excitement before lowering his head and blowing out a warm breath against sam's hand. "hey, no," with a laugh, sam reached up to pet the equally oversized tolter's forehead, "i'm not leading out both of you at once! just be patient, everything's set up." but carys huffed, refusing to move, and acushla's head remained low to offer easy access to the second leadrope tossed over sam's shoulder. and after several minutes, the human relented.

the pair kept perfect pace as they walked slowly beside their human - each step aligned in perfect symmetry. at least, until the carriage in the court-yard came into sight, both tolters giving excited whinnies and carys fell out step momentarily - to sam's dismay as they tried to keep a hold on both of them - picking up the pace into a prance. snow always meant going into town and offering rides to the kids around the square, and there were few fairer pairs than carys and acushla to do so. with the help from their partner, sam set to work on getting carys tacked and attached to the carriage, laughing as the tolter nosed at their pockets in search of sweet treats. "oh, you deserve some, do you?" at that, carys nodded, over-dramatic and almost cheeky, and earned another laugh from sam, who offered out an apple slice to him and then to acushla.

and before long, they were off. any of the quick movements of excitement that had dogged him before faded out, falling into step with his partner and enjoying the crunch of fresh snow beneath his hooves. even as they got to the square - people of all ages already out enjoying or griping about the heavy snowfall overnight - he remained perfectly calm: This was what ze lived for. the snow and the cheer, working beside his best friend, and soaking up the petting and treats offered to him by the townsfolk.

extra one:

(if i have time, rip)

cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: TITA | #100 ????

Postby Half Tree » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:44 pm