Re: Kalon #1845 - Eye of the Canyon

Postby wishbone! » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:48 am

plantfood [#428547] - Neith

“Then where are your gods? Why do they sit silently as we starve and fall to our knees in desperate pain?” she yelled, throwing her arm in a vicious arc.

The clergy members, all too familiar with Neith’s raving atheism, formed a semi-circle of placating gestures around her. Two had already left to gather the guardsmen. A clergywoman with a voluminous braid stepped forward with a voice of equal pleading and exhaustion. “Neith, please, I understand you feel no ties to any higher power but you have no right to question ours. You’re disturbing the temple visitors, so I’m asking you again to-“

Neith abruptly closed the gap between them and clutched the woman by her lavish garbs, eye-level and furious. “I have every right! It my absolute liberty as someone who is committed to actual reality and not utter delusion to point out your lies,” she seethed.

The woman was paralyzed with shock, abhorrence etched plainly into her body language. In the distance, two clerics approached steadily with the guardsmen.

“You collect riches from the destitute and wealthy alike to build these dens of deceit. And for what? For us to place our power into the hands of negligent, impersonal ‘gods’? So that we might placate ourselves into inaction and hope some disembodied council will finally bring us justice?” Neith released the woman and spun spitefully towards the growing crowd, “You’ve all fooled yourselves into believing there is anyone else in this world else who can save you! That something not even on this plane has the ability to take away the problems we suffer!”

“If your gods are always listening, why do they never respond even with these beacons of precious metal and stone? Why do you need these pretentious robes and jewels to prove you’re worth their sympathy?” She stomped abruptly towards another clergy member, yanking them forward by a gold-plated emerald necklace that laid over their collarbones. It was polished so finely that Neith could see every detail of her creased, angry features.

The guardsmen and returning clergy members entered the outer edge of the crowd. Their spired silver helmets jolted from the group, shouting a punitive, “Halt!”

Neith released the gasping cleric and lifted her chin to her audience, peering at them down her nose. “I’ll give you this. If your so-called gods do exist, they are lazy, cruel, impassive, selfish, stupid, and incompetent. They are no more glorious or giving than a barren desert. They have failed you, and for that, they are worth nothing of yours.” She turned again to the clergywoman with cold rage. “And you self-appointed minions are evil for conniving people into sacrificing what little they have to appease these nonexistent forces. You just take it for yourselves and excuse yourself as servants. You disgust me.”

The guards burst through front end of the gathered people, rushing to isolate Neith from the temple members.

“Horrible little ants,” she concluded. “Each and every one of you.”

[ 500/500 ]
Last edited by wishbone! on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am

oooo mark!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Dropping out, good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Username + user ID: Mnemosyne & 249050
      Kalon name: Phobos
      Prompt response:

Phobos doesn't believe in anything he can't see.

This may sound a bit strange, but his power is unique - it allows him to see magic itself, the slender silvery threads that hold the world together. Sometimes the magic is beautiful - silver notes of song, hanging in the air before dissolving into mist. Tendrils that dance and shift with the wind, causing children to laugh and old wounds to be healed anew. He finds joy in these moments, watching the thick swirl of magic around him and feeling it against his fur, settling against him like an old friend.

But sometimes it was ugly. Dark and twisted, whispered lies and false hopes borne on a wisp of silver, tarnished and dull. Darkness in the shadows of a brilliant day, winding and winding until someone was trapped without even a notice. It is this evil, this pain that Phobos fears. As hard as he may try to help those in need, those who have been caught in evil magic, it was never enough. He can almost smell it some days, like a foul tang in the air, and he pushes himself to find out where it is - before it's too late, I have to help them if I can - even as more of that darkness surrounds him, clouding his vision and making his eyes sting. And even as he tries to grasp it, to find out where it leads, it often disappears on the breeze, leaving him hopeless and alone.

Everyone has a darkness inside of them whether they know it or not, and Phobos is one of the few who can see it. His sight shows the truth of the soul, and if he doesn't see it, then it must not exist. [ 291 / 500 ]
Last edited by Mnemosyne on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Username + user ID: deerbroken | 641378
      Kalon name: Jasper
      Prompt response:
      “I don’t believe in death,” he says as he sips from the stranger’s canteen. “Just because you’ve stopped breathing, doesn’t mean you’re really gone.” The stranger gives him an odd look as he takes the water bottle back, raises a brow to ask him to explain. Jasper scoffs, and continues. “Seen too many men come back from the dead to really think that it ends when you get put in the ground. And even if that were true, I’ve seen ghosts haunting the forest, in the old house in those woods, asking why someone would do this or having some conversation that they must’ve had when they were still living and breathing.” He presses a piece of his hair down, and stares at the fire for a moment.

“I don’t know how it happens,” he says, his voice more somber. “Sometimes I wish it was just that easy. That when you passed on, you were gone. That’s it. No chance of you rising from the ground, of coming back in some spectral form to ask for something that surely can’t be possible.” The stranger next to him shakes his head a little, silent as they’ve been since Jasper asked to join their campsite for the night. He sighs, softly, reaches out towards the flickering embers in front of him to warm his hands. “I wonder more and more each day,” he begins again, “what’s going to happen when my time comes.” There’s a long, uncomfortable pause, and when Jasper looks up to the stranger, he laughs. “Wouldn’t it be funny if I ended up the same? If I had to live forever, like this. Seeing demons and ghouls and all kinds of things in between that no man was meant to see.” Jasper sighs as he shakes his head, shifts his legs in the dirt so he can lean his chin on one of his knees.

“Sorry,” he says, reaches into his satchel over his shoulder to pull out a cigarette. “It’s been all about me tonight, huh?” The stranger shrugs, as if unaffected, and he laughs again. “Guess that’s alright in your book,” Jasper mutters, “Just don’t really know what to think of it.”

The kalon stares up into the sky, at the stars and the moon hidden behind a thin layer of clouds. He sees a spark, suddenly, a vibrant streak cross the sky. He smiles a little as he looks down at his hands, and makes a wish, despite feeling foolish for it.

“Never really believed in those stories,” he says, and draws a little star in the dirt. “To think that some passing star might give you everything you dreamed of… Sad to think I’d believe in that, though, before I’d believe you if you told me someone was gone.” He takes a long drag of the cigarette in his hand, and exhales through his nose. He moves to hand the stranger his cigarette, but as he looks over, he realizes that there’s no one there.
      [500/500 words]
Last edited by deerbroken on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fairy tales and broken parts

Postby clemen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Username + user ID: honkwastaken - 939710
Kalon name: Karmen
Prompt response: fairy tales. fairy tales, with happy ending for that matter.
oh come on, you seriously expect me to believe that they just somehow magically
found love and it fixes everything? yeah- ok. what a load. finding someone who
will somehow eventually betray you. that’ll fix everything? ok. but I keep reading
stories that are somehow true. boy meets girl. they fall in love. boom, everything’s
perfect. yeah, sure they have a few problems. but they act like they’ve never felt
true sorrow, or pain in a relationship. well if you don’t, then how are you even in a
relationship? you have to fight. it’s not possible to be happy all the time. everyday.
I would know. trust me. life isn’t fair- we’ll love ISNT fair either. fairytales make
me sick. tears dripped down onto the notebook page
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:17 pm

☆◦ 。\|/。◦☆
☆╭₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪╮☆
Username + user ID: nermal1999 (214589)
﹤⳾ ⳾ ⳾﹡⊹﹡⳾ ⳾ ⳾ ⳾﹥
Kalon name: Verona
﹤⳾ ⳾ ⳾﹡⊹﹡⳾ ⳾ ⳾ ⳾﹥
Prompt response:

Pickles....
Dose anyone really expect me to believe that pickles are really just cucumbers that have been sitting in vinegar and spices!!

I mean come on!! Do you really think I'm that stupid! I mean obviously pickles are there own thing!
If the were really cucumbers like what were meant to believe, then why don't we call them vinegar soaked cucumbers.
Or at the very least something close to that.
I mean really, The word pickle is nowhere near close to sounding like the word cucumber!

I just can't see how people can think that pickles are cucumbers, I mean look how many people love cucumbers but hate pickles! Then there's those who love pickles, but hate cucumbers!
Pickles and cucumber are just not the same things!!
They can be cousins, like the cucumber is to the zucchini.
But pickles are there own things, and they are currently not cucumbers!
I just can't stand how people are so quick to make this kind of mistake.
And what's even more aggravating, is the fact that, no matter how far a go, no matter which store I visit, I've never seen a single Pickle seed packet.

Sure there's, carrots, watermelons, pumpkins, tomatoes, corn, zucchini, cucumbers,
But not a single Pickle.
Maybe there sold within a specific, exclusive, area.
I mean they obviously have to come from somewhere! I just can't see to find where.

But I'm not giving up, I'll find them!!
☆╰₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪╯☆
☆◦ 。/|\。◦☆
Last edited by nermal1999 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quarryagae » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:18 pm

mark :)
quarryagae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Username + user ID: Lex. & 959439
    Kalon name: Verose
    Prompt response:

Verose once loved.

It was a nice feeling, like her birthday. But her birthday was everyday. Every time she walked into the room, smile lit on her face.

But not everything lasts forever. Loved ones leave the most suddenly. Almost like a paper cut. In the grand scheme of things, it's a small occurrence. But it hurts. So. Much.

Loss isn't easy to cope with. A love shaped hole in their heart. It's now empty, waiting, hoping for something to fill it.

At first it seems like a bad dream. Nothing this bad could happen, right?

Anger strikes like lightning. Why? Why now? It isn't fair! Why . . . why her?

Oh, to have just 1 more day with her. One breath, one more memory. I would do anything and everything.

Melancholy waters flood your mind. Nothing but a numb mind. Why did it have to end this way?

Verose once loved. But now, what could there possible be for her to love now?
Last edited by Lex. on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:41 pm

mark
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons