Re: Rise | #0988

Postby Miavinn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Username: Biminy
    Cat name: Thicketrun
    Clan: Groveclan

Prompt:
    Thicketkit and his littermates were born into clan life. However, when they were just a few weeks old, their mother fled with them for reasons unknown to cats alive today. His mother had heard of a group of cats, accepting to rogues and runaways. However, before they were able to find this fabled clan, she and the kits fell ill. Without a medicine cat to treat them, they became delusional, losing all sense of direction. Only a few weeks old at the time, the kits were in bad shape. They lost a sister to the fever, she wandered too far and was never found. Their savior came in the form of a scout from the clan they were in search of. Within a day they were all in the small camp. The clan was new, just barely started; they didn't even have a trained med-cat yet. Fortunately, the leader himself had experienced this fever and was able to care and heal them. Over the next few moons the kittens grew in size, and their mother again began thinking of their future. She decided it was time to move on from this small clan, to find one a bit more developed and protected. They all left on good terms with the few cats of Groveclan, but didn't have any intentions on returning. After a moon or so of traveling, they did find a new clan, this one a little wary of a warrior they did not know, but accepted her nonetheless, with the kits at her side. As Thicketkit grew to Thicketpaw, and eventually Thicketrun, he began to chafe with the ways of warriors. They had a new leader now, one that was cruel and condescending to outsiders. Even though Thicketrun and his family had been members of the clan for many moons, they were not "originals" or blood-related to anyone else. Fights began to break out amongst many members of the clan. The leader's solution was fighting pits where spats could be battled out; sometimes to the death if one cat refused to surrender. It was bloody and arguably insane. He was challenged to his first fight for having defended his mother against the deputy. This is where Thicketrun got his scar. There was worry that he'd lose the eye, but it persevered. After he put in a few more good fights, Thicketrun had tried to talk reason with the leader, but she refused. His mother and sibling had fled already and now it was time for him to go. Thicketrun is now a wanderer, traveling across the land to wherever he can find prey and shelter.

tolter barns | groveclan | buttermilks

updates ;;
life is busy
contact me on discord
miavinn#3230

Miavinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schainukan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Username: Schainukan
Cat's Name: Wolfcry
Cat's Gender: Male
Cat's Age: 27 moons
Clan Thread: Slateclan

Prompt:
    Lately, rumor has it that a shadow is lurking within the depths of the woods, sneaking through the undergrowth and leaving its marks behind. Apparently, it has been terrorizing the area and scaring off valued prey thus Wolfcry has been sent out on a mission to track down that beast and put an end to this, by all means necessary.

Tales have been told, the creature is around the size of a large cat, with a black and white pelt. Sporting a long snout, small dark eyes and claws as sharp as stone spikes. Wolfcry huffed in slight amusement at that description before he went on his journey. He was the most skilled and strongest warrior in Slateclan with a great sense of scouting and tracking, it was only apparent he was assigned.

As the smoky cat set off, it was early morning, the dawn patrol just rolling out for the day. Sightings of the mammal have been reported mainly around the evening time however, he had to find traces of it first, narrowing the area down. Finally, he had to find it's lair and get rid of it. Time passed rather quickly, but Wolfcry was efficient. He managed to locate the animal's whereabouts and discovered it's latest routes on his search. By now, he was also certain on what, no, who he was looking for: A badger. The tom had an inkling beforehand but didn't put his paw down on the thought a hundred percent before finding any proof. In the end, his journey lead him into Badger Lair territory, not too far into it, but enough.

Between the thicket, he found a den, clearly recently used and worn. The scent was relatively fresh, his idea was to find the creature still asleep and silently finishing it off. However, it seemed like it was already up and around, well to be fair, it was near dusk. It was then as he exited the den after exploring the inside, that he heard a growl followed by a rustle of bushes. He whirled around to meet the badger mid-leap, it was too late to dodge or avoid any kind of attack but he managed to disbalance the animal with a rough push.
    The tom felt a claw race over his face, reflexively closing his eyes, nothing the less the badger went for his eye. A burning sensation erupted and blood poured out of the wound, making him unable to open his orb. He would need to fight this battle one-eyed for now. Wolfcry released a deep growl of his own, followed by a hiss before rushing towards the mammal, clawing and biting at it whenever he drew near. The feline jumped aside every swipe, using the leafy surrounding as an advantage to hide and thus dodge from time to time. Executing surprise attacks, the badger seemed to get greatly confused by now, exactly what the warrior wanted to archive. After it was weakened and it's speed decreased, Wolfcry slammed it to the ground with his large body and viciously bit into its neck. The badger went limp quickly, the noise dying down and thus the shadow lurking shall be no more.

The tom took a couple panting breaths, having to accept the fact he must have misjudged the situation and felt too safe for his own good. He knew the wound at his eye would leave behind a permanent scar, always reminding him of this day and his failure of judging accordingly.
Last edited by Schainukan on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schainukan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Username: Toomin
Cat's Name: Kxetse-atxon (Nighttail; Txonpaw, Nightkit)
Cat's Gender: Female
Cat's Age: 38 moons
Clan Thread: ElmClan

Prompt: Kxetse-atxon got her scar when she decided she was hungry.... and fought a rather large oyster. She had no sooner gotten the shell cracked and went to stick her nose in, when her paw slipped and it snapped shut, on her face! It took the other cats more than an hour and a half to get her free, and she suffered permanent damage to her face because of it. However, her eye was not injured, and she continues on with her duties as usual. (And yes, she did get to enjoy her oyster, when all was said and done! Revenge could have used a bit of salt.)

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yellow. » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Username: Yellow.
Cat's Name: Oxheart
Cat's Gender: male
Cat's Age: 71 moons
Clan Thread:

Prompt: Every time you ask Oxheart about his scar the story changes, one day it will be an eagle down and tried to get a kit and he stepped in between. The next it will be about the great war and how that was the only scar he came out with, but you should have seen the other cats. But if you go ask the elders, they'll tell you the real story.

"Why does Oxheart have that big scare over his face?" Doekit asked as she sat outside the elder's den, earning a laugh from the older cats in front of her something that only confused her more.

"That's a good question little one. Good thing you asked us too cause little Oxheart doesn't ever tell anyone the story the right way." The older molly started before she settled down in front of the kit. "It's not a long or heroic story by far, but it's one that always gave us a good laugh. You see many moons ago before you were born and even before your parents were born when Oxheart was just an apprentice a terrible storm ripped through, taking out many of out camps defenses. So when the storm cleared out the leader at the time started the warriors and there apprentices on repairs right away. We had to fetch bramble from other parts of the forest to line the camp and let's get say Oxheart was a rather clumsy apprentice. As we were coming back he ran straight into one of the groups carrying the bramble, hitting himself so hard that he ended up with the cut along his eyes."

Doekit's eyes grew wide as she listened to the elder tell her tale, wondering at times to look at the main character of the story just on the other side of the camp.

"Needless to say if you watch Oxheart when he leaves camp, he's very careful to avoid the bramble now." She added on the end with a laugh, earning the attention of the warrior himself, eyes narrowed as if he knew just what was happening.
Last edited by Yellow. on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Did you forget me so soon?
The one who made you,
turned you into this monster?
How sad.

Though I guess it's to be expected,
you always liked to block things out.
If it didn't make sense in your mind,
you just forgot about it.

But maybe it's because I didn't,
make you into a monster that is.
You already were a monster,
weren't you?

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunnyside » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Username: Sunnyside
Cat's Name: Galestorm
Cat's Gender: tom
Cat's Age: 64 moons
Clan Thread: Currentclan

Prompt:
An excerpt from Galestorm's history, many moons prior to joining Currentclan.

"You think you have what it takes, huh? To be one of Zephyr's lieutenants?" A huge, dark brown tabby laughed at the much smaller and younger Gale, as he and a thinner dark blue tom stalked towards him, malice glinting in their eyes. "Zephyr's gonna chew you up and spit you right out!" the blue tom cackled.

Gale dropped into a defensive crouch, sizing up the other two toms in front of him. He'd known this challenge was coming, trying to move up the ranks was bound to ruffle some feathers- especially when he was trying to jump up several ranks at once. He smirked to himself; "I see Maverick sent his two favourite meatheads to try and scare me off, eh Bruiser? Scrapper?"

Bruiser, the brown tabby's lip curled in anger, "Who you callin' meathead?"

Gale laughed. "That would be you- meathead"

Bruiser roared, leaping right at Gale, claws unsheathed, ready for blood. Gale smiled- he could always count on Bruiser to be dumb enough to charge into battle without thinking.

Gale looked down at the unconscious form of Bruiser, one eye shut as blood trickled down the side of his face. "Always too slow, Bruiser," he shook his head. Turning, he saw Scrapper looking on nervously,clearly not keen on taking on Gale after watching his buddy go down. "You can tell your boss and your friend here that you too tried to fight me and lost if you'd like. I won't tell then you're a coward, as long as you stay out of my way."

Gale turned and walked away, leaving Scrapper with Bruiser, who was slowly starting to stir. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a rather important meeting with Zephyr I'd like to get to."
Last edited by Sunnyside on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunnyside

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebelung » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Username: Nebelung
Cat's Name: Downpaw
Cat's Gender: Tom (DFAB)
Cat's Age: 8 moons
Clan Thread: FeatherClan

Prompt:

A custom from their old Clan was The Running; a terrifying marathon of life or death to determine if cats are ready to become warriors. Downpaw wasn't ready.

The blood roared in his ears. He could feel the thrumming of the others paws against the ground. Taste their fear scent. Behind him he knew he was there. Shrikewing. His own father. Out of some cruel joke they chose his father to be the Hunter. Perhaps they finally trusted the once-outsider with such a rank? Or maybe it was a test. Would Shrikewing go easy on him? He seemed so pepud when Downpaw claimed he was up for the challenge. But he didn't realize what all it took... And the fear inside.

At that moment a root seemed to sprout up from underneath. Downpaw felt the the muscles in his paw sprain as he slammed into the ground. The other apprentices poured over him, scrambling to get away and take advantage of the opportunity to put a body between them and the hunter.

Before Downpaw could register what had happened, he felt the air knocked from him. Above stood Shrikewing, staring down at him through sharp blue eyes.

"Shrikewing," he gasped. For a moment, Downpaw thought he saw a glimpse of regret flash somewhere behind his chilling eyes. He was surprised, even after the chase, to find himself disappointed at the idea of Shrikewing going easy on him. But it vanished like dew in the sun as Shrikewing snarled and sliced him across the face.

Staggering to his paws, pelt prickling, Downpaw could only stare through one wide eye as his father turned, his own scarred pelt glinting in the dim morning light. "You're not ready yet," he hissed. "After all I've done for you, you failed me! You're not a warrior of DimClan!"

"And I never will be!" Downpaw screeched bitterly. Stumbling, he whirred around and disappeared into the woods, leaving DimClan far behind.

she | adult who fails at adulting | engaged ♥
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 am

Username: ☁Lady Raincloud☁
Cat's Name: Loonfrost
Cat's Gender: tomcat
Cat's Age: tbd
Clan Thread: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3976491

Prompt:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am

Username: zippo.

Cat's Name: barracuda

Cat's Gender: molly

Cat's Age: 20 moons

Clan Thread: land of three crows

An arrogant smirk flashed across her features, her chest puffing out and head raising to the heavens.

"My scar? Hah!" She threw her head back with a hearty chuckle. Her features were strong, confidence rolling off her in waves - yet she could still feel that familiar burning against her ribcage.

"It was from one of my first fights, no one would be able to lay a paw on me now" Barracuda emphasized with a flick of her bushy tail. Her claws clung to the earth beneath her, a reminder of the ground she walked on.

----

"Tempestpaw, come on - everyone's done it" Silverpaw groaned over-dramatically, running their paws over their face.

"Well when you did it, it was a sunny day! this is different" The molly whined nervously, shuffling her own paws in the sand.

"It's barely raining. Come on - you have to practice or you'll never survive the soul swim. We're almost warriors! you can't let this childish fear hold you back anymore" The tom monologged, but Tempestpaw's mind was distant.

"It's not childish" She mumbled after a few moments of tense silence. The roar of the choppy waves bombarded her eardrums.

"Come on!" The older tom nearly growled, shoving her forward until her paws became wet.

Tempestpaw looked over her shoulder only to be met with an unforgiving gaze. Hesitantly she walked forward, the water rising until she could barely feel the sand beneath her paws.

She was swimming! Tempestpaw was swimming!

Grinning wildly, she turning to see Silverpaw's reaction - but no one was there.

The shore was growing distant, and soon the waves were becoming too much for the apprentice to handle. Droplets rippled the water around her, a threat from the oncoming storm.

"Silver!" Tempestpaw cried.
    No answer.

"SIL-" salt rushed into her lungs as she thrashed, desperate to keep her head above water.

Tempestpaw went under.

The salt burned her eyes but they remained open, staring upwards as she sank further.
    The last thing she remembers was a sharp pain that knocked the air from her lungs.
    The waves had treated her like a ragdoll; unforgiving and cold.

She remembers the sight of her own blood, the stench of salt and iron, her mother's screams for help;
    but most importantly, she remembers the smile on Silverpaw's face.

zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:10 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      Username: dimi.
      Cat's Name: Brokenlight
      Cat's Gender: Female
      Cat's Age: 50 moons
      Clan Thread: Rivuletclan

Prompt:
      Chest heaving, paws heavy. Each step a dread.
      Running from a foe, one all too familiar.
      Someone I once called an ally,
      now someone I dread hearing the name of.
      Someone I flinch at the slightest mention
      of, and someone who I fear in the midst of
      the darkness, where I am most comfortable,
      yet most vulnerable.

Evading in the midst of night, running
      until my joints burn and ache.
      Each breath is painful, excruciating..
      and has the potential to be my last.
      They're hot on my tail, I can sense them.
      That blood lusting gaze, seeking revenge.
      They want me to atone for sins of the past,
      but here I am, running once more.

I want to lose them, I have to lose them.
      My life depends on it. And so I continue to
      run, run like a damn coward. I leap
      across the stones of this river, praying
      that the cat pursing me would fall in, and be
      washed away by the harsh current. I looked
      over my shoulder as I made my next leap..
      But it was too short.

I remember dropping down into the river,
      a twig clinging to the stone striking me
      across my face. I gazed up the surface,
      and remember watching as sanguine
      left my pelt, floating to the surface, looking
      as if it were just a form of red air. I cursed
      my luck.

I cursed myself for being a coward.
      Cursed myself for running each time I
      ran. These curses did the opposite of what
      I anticipated. They gave me strength..
      I utilized this strength, and put into my sole
      desire; to survive. And so I swam to the
      surface, and threw myself upon the shore,
      looking around anxiously.

My enemy was gone.
      I had survived.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellipses » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Username: cute but psycho
Cat's Name: Dusteyes
Cat's Gender: Tom
Cat's Age: 52 moons
Clan Thread: PeachClan

Prompt: "He wasn't always this way, you know."
Silverpaw glanced over at Mothstar confusedly. "What?"
The older molly sighed. "Dusteyes," she reiterated, in a bit more of a hushed tone this time. "He wasn't always... You know... Like this."

Silverpaw nodded; as vague as her leader was being, she knew exactly what Mothstar was going on about. It was moonhigh, and just moments prior Dusteyes was bolting around camp, crying out about his light.
Silverpaw remembered it vividly; her mentor's scratchy, rough voice giggling wildly as he screamed out, "The light! It's coming to get us! We're doomed, doomed I tell you!"

"He used to be... Well, different," Mothstar sighed.
"I assumed as much," Silverpaw said, padding over to Mothstar to brush against her. Dusteyes had been put to rest by some of the elder warriors, so it was just the two of them up. "What could've made him how he is?"

Mothstar looked down at the medicine cat apprentice solemnly, then: "Sit down, Silverpaw. There's something you need to know."
And so, Mothstar went onto explain how she'd discovered Dusteyes in the thunderpath; how he'd been ranting and screeching about two bright lights that had come right at him, roaring ferociously and deafening him in their booming voices. She explained how he'd had recurring nightmares of the incident, and would occasionally go into post traumatic episodes recalling the event. But the most peculiar thing, Mothstar noted, was the story of Dusteyes' scar.

"He'd been in one of his episodes; that much we know for sure," she explained. "Started yelling about those damned lights again. Mintblaze, she... She went to calm him down - usually a bit of catnip eases his mind and allows him to gather his thoughts, so she figured she'd try that."
"What happened?" Silverpaw asked.
Mothstar hesitated before letting out a heavy sigh. "He went beserk," she muttered. "Lunged at her, and... Well, you know Mintblaze's temper. Took both Briarstone and I to pry her off him." She paused, then shook her head.

"Enough of that, then. Time to get some rest - don't worry about Dusteyes, he'll regain his composure by sunrise. And Silverpaw?"
The apprentice glanced over. "Yes, Mothstar?"
The leader paused. "...Don't tell anyone about this, okay? What I told you - it's our little secret."
Last edited by ellipses on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ellipses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me