Re: Halloween Viscet #1027 - Tales of Sepia

Postby SkySmoke » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:30 am

Mark.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

ImageImageImageImage

There's some people who are so much a part of us that they'll be there with us no matter what. They are our solid ground, our north star, and the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us...always ~ Alexis Castle | | We are bound by our choices, but we are more than our mistakes ~ Kate Beckett | |

ImageImageImageImage

||Writing|| Characters ||My Kiamaras ||My DAMs ||

SkySmoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:32 am

Username:
Viscet Name:
Steampunkalec
Photo's Description: (What's the photo look like?)
History Behind the Photo: (why was it taken?)
Why is it there?: (Give any reasons as to why/how this viscet is in the photo. Can be realistic, scientific, supernatural; you name it!)

So sorry I was unable to get this in on time I wasn't feeling to good and past out before I could post it the night it was due hahah
~Alec
Last edited by corgiboy on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:48 am

Username: APH Siantia
Viscet Name: Gizem (Meaning: Mystery)

Photo's Description: Gizem is standing in front of a window looking out sadly. You can see only her outline and very few details along her face and body. What you can see is the pain and terror she shows on her face. She is always found in a picture that is taken by a window or a door.

History Behind the Photo: The first photo of her was somewhere around the time of 1897. She died during the Salem Witch Trials. The new owners of the house decided to take pictures around the house and she would always have a part of her in that photo. They decided to look for Gizem and they took a picture of their bedroom window and found her. This is the only photo that was able to catch most of her. There are many photos of her, but they seem to somehow vanish off the face of the Earth. This is the only photo known still here, maybe she doesn't know about it. Maybe she is scared to see herself and that is why she would never touch it. Fear of accidentally seeing her form when she is dead.

Why is it there?: Gizem was young when she died. She and her family were killed by a murderer and her home was burned after. The reason being was because they were thought of as witches. She woke again only to wander the place of her burned home. Over time the house was rebuilt and furnished once more. She isn't a ghost that tries to scare others, but they run away when they see her. She has become sad because of how long she has been alone and she knows she won't ever see her family ever again. The reason she stares out the windows or doors is because she isn't able to leave the home. She wants to know what is happening outside of the place she was killed.
Based off of
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

look at me || i am gorgeous

Postby milo. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:27 am

xxImage
    xxxImage
    x
    x

▬▬ { ғʟᴏʀᴇɴᴄᴇ } ▬▬

ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ: ᴍɪʟᴏ.

ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ

x
╓───────────────────────────────────╖

a woman stands just off center, dark pixie cut tucked neatly under a too-large hat. the most prominent
feature about her is a forced, wide smile. dark painted lips are parted to show pristine whites, stained
only by the saturation of the photograph itself. her head is tilted back, capturing a solemn expression
as she hugs an over-sized, calf length leopard printed coat to her slender figure. Jordan Kelly is this
years top star, an actress to shame the rest of them. though, despite her fame and popularity, just
looking upon this photograph clearly shows how sad and unwell this young woman is. just behind her
and to the right is a studio chair with the name 'KELLY' on the back rest. you can clearly see the movie
set behind her, and few crew members working in the background.

what catches the eye most is the sparkle of jewellery. Miss Kelly is bathed in precious jewels, from
elaborate necklaces and rings on every finger, to shining diamond studs in her earlobes, though the most
beautiful piece on her is perhaps the bracelet on her left wrist. the bracelet, upon further inspection,
appears to be a very thin diamond chain that swoops down toward the concrete floor. at her feet, sits
a large Viscet of a soothing hue. the pattern of her frill and tufted mane are hard to make out in the
photograph, but it appears to be as exotic as the creature itself. a harness rests on the Viscet's shoulder
loosely - the same thin diamond chain loops about her neck lazily.

Miss Kelly, despite her large smile, looks entirely bored with the situation at hand. she leans back and
away from this Viscet, as though not really wanting to be in the same photograph. her body is positioned
in such a way that it appears she had attempted to step to the side before this photograph was taken--
but being a professional, she had stayed for her photoshoot. her eyes, though shadowed and made-up are
lackluster and dull, even in the grainy look of the old photograph you can see the depression behind her
feigned happiness.

it is hard to catch at first, though perhaps this is the exact reason the photograph made it's rounds so
heavily throughout the world -- behind Jordan Kelly and just behind her studio chair stands a large apparition.
the whispy and very near supernatural look to the creature gives an eerie and yet calming feel to the
photograph if one knows the story behind it. the transparent figure is gazing up at the woman fondly, one
paw reaching forward with intent to lay it upon the woman's forearm. this Viscet has the same diamond
chain about her shoulders and neck; a reminder of her golden years and a simpler time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

many say the 1920's were the "golden years" and in many cases, suppose one could say that they really were.
the rise of cinema and Hollywoodland-- a place where you don't need to search the night sky for stars, but
merely need to walk about and find them in broad day light. a place where you can really be somebody.

Florence was bred from two well known Viscets, Major and Beauty -- exotic pets belonging to Jay Smith,
a very popular actor of that time. Jordan Kelly, not one that advertises as particularly shy about her
fame and fortune and very rarely did anything to hide her private life, was adamant on buying the beautiful
sepia tinted Viscet. especially after discovering a mutation that had never been recorded before on the
darling girl's forearms. butterfly wings; beautiful and fragile in appearance, though incredibly strong.

Miss Kelly was phenomenally proud of Florence, taking her everywhere and showing her off whenever
possible. though the more she grew, the more the woman realised just how intelligent the Viscet was and
immediately hired a trainer to train Florence. it took little more than a year before the Viscet was in shows
and posters, and another year more before agents were scrambling for the incredibly trained and talented
Florence Kelly. her stage name became Fleur, and though many were skeptical of her ability to
perform in front of the camera, she blew audiences away with her films and was becoming a celebrity icon.

Jordan Kelly and Fleur were very popular in Hollywoodland. she would very often walk the Viscet on a thin
diamond chain, stopping for anyone who wanted to take a picture. their typical pose: Miss Kelly standing,
hand with the diamond lead on her hip and head tilted back with lips parted in a wide grin. a laugh is captured
in her features, obvious joy in her presentation. Fleur sits at her feet, one fore paw lifted to brace on the
woman's fore arm gently. their love for one another was obvious to anyone who looked at them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are many theories as to why this apparition appears in Jordan Kelly's photo.

many skeptics assume that is is a doctored photo-- though upon closer inspection it's obvious
that the photo has not been tampered with and is in immaculate condition despite it's age.

some theories suggest that Florence grew jealous even after passing. her passing was so sudden and
unexplained that the director and producers of the film she was in had to find a substitute immediately.
fake butterfly wings were attached, and Miss Kelly was meant to continue on with the film despite her
needing time to grieve over the loss of her beloved pet. it's suggested that the jealousy turned Florence's
spirit into a malicious entity and though it would explain the odd occurrences on set deemed as
"Fleur's Curse", Kelly vehemently rejected that notion.

another theory, and perhaps the most acceptable one, is that the bond between Jordan Kelly and Florence
had been so strong it passed over with the Viscet when she died. it would explain the solemn expression on
both Kelly and the apparition, and it would also explain the attempt at their typical pose; Florence at Kelly's
feet, one paw rested on the woman's forearm as though to remind her that she would always be there for her,
and she would always love her.

╙──────────────────────── Image ─╜
Last edited by milo. on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 18 times in total.
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pterolykus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:20 am

Username: Pterolykus
Viscet Name: Miss Dolly (Dolly for short)
Photo's Description: (What's the photo look like?): A very old picture, colors in shades of brown and black, is shown. The setting is located inside a beautiful, ancient Victorian house. You see an old man sitting in a wooden rocking chair, the chair's back and cushion covered in a web-like lace. The old man is wearing what looks like to be khaki overalls over a clean white shirt. Atop the mans head is a dark colored fedora. Next to the man sits a creature that looks of canine decent. She is beautiful. Her coat is dark in color and her feathers/fur have a pattern that resembles a type of lace. Around her neck was a collar made from a delicate looking yet strong lace material, with jewels embedded into the seems. Her eyes give the camera a sort of confident flirtatious look. Her elbow tuffs look somewhat like butterfly wings, as if she could take off into the sky. When you turn over the photo, on it's aged white back, there is writing in a neat cursive handwriting. It reads, Charles Vanderson and his beloved Viscet, Miss Dolly; 1968.
History Behind the Photo: (why was it taken?): This photo was taken on February of 1968 in the home of Charles Vanderson. Mister Vanderson's wife passed away years before the photo was taken and Miss Dolly was all he had left as far as family. Not long before this photo was taken, Charles was diagnosed with cancer. He wanted to take a photo of him and his precious baby-girl, for he didn't know how long he had left to live.
Why is it there?: (Give any reasons as to why/how this viscet is in the photo. Can be realistic, scientific, supernatural; you name it!): The Viscet was alive when the photo was taken. Her owner, Charles Vanderson passed away just a few months after the photo was taken. Not long after that, Miss Dolly passed away from grief of her lost owner. Sometimes she could be heard and seen roaming around the yard of the home. In recent photos, you can still see a faint silhouette of a Viscet sitting in the window looking out at you.

Hope you like it and Good luck to all ^-^
Gorgeous design btw!
The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. *-Rafiki*
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. *-Les Brown*
Every adventure requires a first step. *-Cheshire Cat*

Please say that I referred you ^^ TY

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Pterolykus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny!! » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:43 am

Username:
Viscet Name:
Photo's Description: (What's the photo look like?)
History Behind the Photo: (why was it taken?)
Why is it there?: (Give any reasons as to why/how this viscet is in the photo. Can be realistic, scientific, supernatural; you name it!)

Res/wip
Bunny!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pumpkin~Spice » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Mark
.Cardinal Sins.
ImageSignature made by: Wookieinmashoo Profile Picture made by: stormfox
Pumpkin~Spice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am

This will end anytime on the 10th of November, so please have your forms done and ready for judging sometime on the 9th!
"Be loyal to what matters." ~Arthur Morgan

About Me
He/They
Transmasc
ADHD/Autistic
Always ISO more Warrior Cats! Trade me <3

ImageImageImage
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:59 pm

I have given this a slight extension. It will now close on the 15th!
"Be loyal to what matters." ~Arthur Morgan

About Me
He/They
Transmasc
ADHD/Autistic
Always ISO more Warrior Cats! Trade me <3

ImageImageImage
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist