Re: Kalon #640

Postby eltonn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 am

username;
name;
gender;
Their favorite legend/myth and why(500 word limit); res with the birth of Sleipneir
(Optional) Art;
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 am

;username;
Takk
;name;
Vladimir
;gender;
Male
;Their favorite legend/myth and why;
As a child, Vlad grew up loving the ghostly tails of Baba Yaga who could be both good and evil. Most legends and myths are made up of only the two separate traits, a good or an evil creator with the exception of a few animal myths like Nessy the lock ness monster... Or so Vlad believes. Baba Yaga has many names though he prefers to call her The Earth Mother who roams the forest rather than Bone Mother.
The reason he loves this folklore so much is because of how many paths it can walk when you're telling the story. Perhaps it'll be a victim to her iron teeth or a fool wandering into her hut... Maybe a tail of her guarding the fountain of life and death or the adventures of her three horsemen. Everyone has a different eye, different feeling towards her and what she stands for.
Is she a killer or a guardian? Vlad finds it distracting to think about, something to pull him away from reality. He'll often paint her in the forest, dark greens and blues if he's feeling conflicted or lonely. Bright reds, oranges and yellows when he's feel happy and creative. One witch with many faces... He can't imagine not loving her stories and legends.
;A song;
Last edited by Takk on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 am

possible res

─────────────────────────────────
    tay・gemini・forensics major・intj・the #1 minho stan
    ░░░░░░░
    ────────────
    > 머리 아프다 <
    ────────────
    pretty much quit, i'm
    basically here to post
    that #edgy emo stuff
    ───────────────────
    toute ma vie, est avec toi
    moi j'attends, toi tu pars . .

Imagex
    ░░
    ░░
    ░░
shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:11 am

Username; LadyChinaAru
Name; Erebus
Gender; Male
Their favorite legend/myth and why(500 word limit);
"Apollo, a Greek god, gave his son Orpheus a lyre and taught him how to play. Orpheus played with such perfection that even Apollo was surprised. It is said that nothing could resist his music and melody, neither enemies nor beasts. Even trees and rocks were entranced with his music.
Orpheus fell in love with Eurydice, a woman of unique beauty, whom he married and lived happily with for a short time. However, when Hymen was called to bless the marriage, he predicted that their perfection was not meant to last.
A short time after this, Eurydice was wandering in the forest with the Nymphs when a shepherd. Saw her and was beguiled by her beauty. He made advances towards her and began to chase her when she attempted to flee. As Eurydice sprinted through the forest, she managed to escape him, but was tragically bitten by a snake and died instantly.
Orpheus sang his grief with his lyre and managed to move everything living or not in the world; both humans and gods were deeply touched.
Apollo then advised his son to descend to Hades and see his wife. Any other mortal would have died, but Orpheus, protected by the gods, went to Hades and arrived at the infamous Stygian realm, passing by ghosts and souls of people unknown. He also managed to charm Cerberus. Orpheus presented himself in front of the god of the Underworld Hades and his wife Persephone.
Orpheus played his lyre, melting even Hades' cold heart. Hades told Orpheus that he could take Eurydice with him but under one condition; Eurydice would follow him while walking out to the light from the caves of the Underworld, but he should not look at her before coming out to the light because he would lose her forever. If Orpheus was patient enough he would have Eurydice as a normal woman again by his side.
Orpheus was delighted; he thanked the gods and left to ascend to the world. He was trying to hear Eurydice’s steps, but he could not hear anything and he started believing that the gods had fooled him. Of course Eurydice was behind him, but as a shadow, waiting to come to light to become a full woman again. Only a few feet away from the exit, Orpheus lost his faith and turned to see; Eurydice was behind him, but her shadow was whisked back among the dead, gone forever.
Orpheus tried to return but a man cannot enter the realm of Hades twice while alive.Orpheus Eventually died but the Muses decided to save his head and keep it among the living people to sing for ever, enchanting everyone with the lovely melodies and tones."

Last edited by LadyChinaAru on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Master of Nothing » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am

username ↘ Master of Nothing
name ↘ Cairbre
gender ↘ agender

When the Ravens Could Speak... ↘
The myth "When the Ravens Could Speak" is one of the Inuit tribe. The legend says that long ago, ravens were capable of speech, like a human. However, the words they spoke had an opposite meaning, so that, for example, an intended compliment would be uttered as an insult. Catching on, the ravens would instead say what they did not mean, so that the words would be heard with accurate intentions. The consequence of this was that the ravens would constantly be lying. An old man used magic to take away the raven's power of speech because they lied, so now they can only caw. The raven's previous capabilities of speech (and thus the evidence of their lying nature) is now apparent in their thieving and malevolent tendencies.

...And Why Cairbre Cares ↘
The legend of the ravens has been Cairbre's favorite since the first time they heard it. They are obsessed with scary things, and since ravens have always been a symbol of death and ill-being, this story was sure to impress them from the start. When they started to perceive the story with a deeper mindset, understood that the ravens lied only because they did not wish to hurt feelings when they meant to speak positively, they fell in love with it even more. They adore the irony of it all, the misfortune that the ravens now face for loosing their proper voices. Their favorite thing to do is to compare it to real-life situations because they feel like they are one of the ravens themself. Cairbre has a bad habit of wording things in just the right way so that they always have double meanings. To others, this is quite frustrating because Cairbre comes off as offensive and apathetic, whereas their heart is sweet and noble. Usually, Cairbre refrains from speaking, and prefers to communicate in the form of poems and short stories. When writing, they don't have as much trouble wording sentences because there is opportunity to revise, and there is less pressure to get it right the first time. The only drawback to being exposed to this story is that Cairbre is now much more self-conscious when they do speak, so whenever it is necessary for them to talk they tend to be quite awkward.

(375/500 words total)

Last edited by Master of Nothing on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
quitting cs soon, as soon as I get all my characters rehomed
C:
Master of Nothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danibo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:20 am

Resssssss

username;
name;
gender;
(Optional) Art;
      now watch me w.i.p
danibo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby freybugg » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:53 pm

username;
name;
gender;
The cadejo of Central American folklore is a dog like demon spirit that might help or eat you. The legend speaks of two demons, a black cadejo and a white cadejo. One protects travelers from harm and theft; The other leads to bad decisions and danger and stands on two legs and throw punches like a man. Unfortunately, legends disagree on which cadejo is which, and turning your back or speaking to either makes you go crazy, So the upside of meeting one is pretty small.
(Optional) Art;
res
DACS CharactersToyhouse
Previously komodo. & ~RedWolf~
freybugg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:24 pm

res
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby **Snowwhisper** » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:50 pm

username; **Snowwhisper**
name; Blaise
gender; Female
One of Blaise's favorite legend's, is also one of her favorite ghost stories she likes to scare her friends with. The legend has to do with the forest's around where she was born, though she doesn't live there now due to hearing this story.

The legend of the menacing Melon Heads is believed to have originated in the woods of Saugatuck, Michigan. The tale tells of a family that gave birth to a brood of deformed children, kids with massively oversized heads. As this particular story goes, the children were shipped off to the old Junction Insane Asylum, where a terrifying madman performed twisted experiments on them. Eventually, with word spreading that the doors of the asylum would soon be shuttered, the kids hatched a plan to end their abuse once and for all. On a rainy night, they attacked the mad scientist, escaping the hospital with his body, and fleeing into the woods. By this point, they had lost their sense of humanity, and scattered his bones around a deserted mansion tucked away in the forest.

This tale, however dubious, is the same yarn that was spun to teenagers in the late 60s, and the story has remained largely the same since then. In some versions, the feral children were simply released into the woods when the old hospital closed. However, there is one frightening piece of the tale that has never changed: the disfigured children are still occasionally seen roaming through the woods by drivers of the area's lonely back roads. They came to be known as the "Melon Heads".
[265/500]

(Optional) Art;
ImageImage

ImageImage
Life doesn't hurt until you think about how much has changed,
Text text text text text text text
My kalons Fursona DA Credit
who you've lost along the way, and how much of it was your fault.
**Snowwhisper**

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Remini » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:27 pm

username;
steve rogers

name;
Alex

gender;
Female

Their favorite legend/myth and why;
The bloop is the legend of a noise recorded in 1997 that reached as far as
three thousand miles across the ocean, heard and picked up by multiple
scientists tools. This noise could only have been made by something much,
much larger than even a blue whale, (the largest creature on earth)
whose sounds can only reach up to one thousand miles through the ocean.
With only a small percent of our oceans explored, what could be lurking
underneath the depths? This has always intrigued her. What created that noise?
Was it a cry, a lonely creature calling out for others like itself? Was it a
monster? Or maybe even something earth changing happening in the
deep unexplored oceans. She prefers to believe in the myth of a giant
organism emitting this noise. Since almost ninety-five percent of our
oceans are unexplored she would believe just about anything could come
from the dark blue mystery that makes up the majority of our planet.

Art;
wip
▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████