Re: WME: Breeding

Postby KittyCatKita » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:22 am

The rule for breeding roans was created early in 2014 (Februrary I believe if I remember correctly but I can go hunting if you guys want me to find the exact date). Calypso was created back in August of 2013, so if she is classified as a roan when she was created then she is a roan no matter what her parent combination is. Horsy told us that if they were roan from their breeding before the rule then they are a roan now as we are not changing old designs/classifications, just that it would affect new equids. So Calypso is a roan by that definition however all of her foals must follow the roan rule (ie. to be a roan there has to be a roan stallion, which Dragon is).

Hope that helps end this but this boy is a blue roan as both of his parents are roan. Trust me guys, if I thought there was a problem with the foal being roan I would have dealt with it. I think I know what I am doing after over a year of doing breedings for the equids... Kinda hurt you would question that.

♥ John Marston ♥

Kita wrote:My deviantart
Golgem Cavern Adoptables

Herd GIF made by Rax.
Click the link below to go to my WME herd
KittyCatKita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jensen ackles » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:45 am

KittyCatKita wrote:The rule for breeding roans was created early in 2014 (Februrary I believe if I remember correctly but I can go hunting if you guys want me to find the exact date). Calypso was created back in August of 2013, so if she is classified as a roan when she was created then she is a roan no matter what her parent combination is. Horsy told us that if they were roan from their breeding before the rule then they are a roan now as we are not changing old designs/classifications, just that it would affect new equids. So Calypso is a roan by that definition however all of her foals must follow the roan rule (ie. to be a roan there has to be a roan stallion, which Dragon is).

Hope that helps end this but this boy is a blue roan as both of his parents are roan. Trust me guys, if I thought there was a problem with the foal being roan I would have dealt with it. I think I know what I am doing after over a year of doing breedings for the equids... Kinda hurt you would question that.

shhhh we know you would take care of it kita <3
that's why i wanted you to do my roan baby, silly uvu
-
-

who are we to wonder where we're going?
who am i to tell me who i am?

call me jen | female | infp | gryffindor

plumieskalsbarnstableswmes

let's take it back and take in every moment
who am i to tell me who i am?

-
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:52 am

I know that you know what you're doing, Kita. c; Good job, he really is handsome.
I just wasn't sure when the actual dates were, so I didn't want to say he was in case I was wrong.
▐│
▐│
▐│
▐│
▐│
▐│
▐│

"I had a double bacon cheeseburger at Chili's, and I lost a tooth in it. My tooth!"
🍔ԅ( ͒ ۝ ͒ )- Adam Scott

adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 am

Ohhh love <3

And thanks Kita for clearing that up, I assumed she was a roan but then with the rule I was confused as well :)
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me