Re: Range Trotter STF#026

Postby Baobabel » Sat May 18, 2024 11:46 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: A Gleam of Treasure
Barn Name: Gleam
Height: 13hh
Halter Color: Eye color/gold/shimmery
Prompt:
Gleam was feeling uncertain in her new home. She new it would take some time to being on land before but in the short time she'd been here she had already seen, heard, and smelled so many other animals in the distance. She'd been friends with horses before. Though all had been fellow sea trotters like herself. She didn't know if the other breeds and species would be similar or would they just find her strange? Despite the conditions, she actually hadn't minded the pirates too much. She had been living on her own for a while so didn't have a family to miss. That plus her boat had had some of the kinder ones and she enjoyed listened to their songs and tall tales. This new place was going to be an adjustment. What if the others didn't like her or she broke some unspoken rules or they thought she was a thieving pirate?

It was a little rocky at first for two main reasons. First, assuming no one would like her, she kept away for everyone. Second, the humans assumed she'd want quiet, time and space alone to adjust to the new place so they gave her her own space and kept the rest of the crew away.

But being alone only made things worse and Gleam fell into a slump. She realized how much she missed the noisy crew and the constant activity. And even if all the horses weren't happy about their predicament, they could still commiserate together and share stories of previous lives. Gleam actual had become treasured among the sea trotters for her fantastical stories that sucked the listeners in and made everyone forget where they were. She missed telling stories. Assuming the others weren't around because they didn't like her and missing the hustle and bustle of the ship her mood worsened and her coat dulled. Her new owners noticed her behavior change and after doing some thinking, they realized how foolish they had been. They took a horse surrounded by life and isolated her. They quickly switched tactics. Although they tried keeping the introductions small and slow at first, they quickly realized how much Gleam needed the company of others and how much the others loved her already!

Turns out, everyone had been not-so-patiently waiting to meet her! They were excited to finally trade sniffs and stories. Afterall, they had never met a pirate horse before! The young animals begged Gleam to tell them stories of life aboard the ship and at sea as well as her life before capture. The owners had never seen so smooth or quick of an integration. Everyone loved Gleam with her sweet and vibrant personality. And her storytelling! No one had met another who could weave a tale half as captivating as Gleam could. It quickly felt like she had been part of the crew her whole life. The days passed and Gleam grew joyful and animated again. Her eyes sparkled and her coat shone as never before. She knew she had found the greatest treasure of all. A loving family of all shapes and sizes (and a captivated audience who begging for stories all day long).
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me