Carolina Shepherd A-0392 by taikunfoo

Based on Click to view
Artist taikunfoo [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Carolina Shepherd A-0392

Postby taikunfoo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:00 am

Good news! We're almost done with figuring out how the pound works, however we'd like your input on adopting dogs from the pound. Each person will be able to adopt one dog once a week, however we're not sure if we should limit the number of adoption applications each person can submit each week.

We want people to be able to submit multiple applications for different dogs in case they don't win one of the more popular ones, but we also don't want to wind up in a position where people are 'winning' multiple dogs even though they can only take home one dog a week.

To get you started, some thoughts we had were:
>Limit the number of entries per week to a fixed number (for example, 3)
>Allow people one entry a week, plus another entry if someone else applies to adopt that dog
>Don't limit the number of entries but award dogs in the order of least entries to most entries, therefore removing some competition for the more popular dogs
>Don't limit the number of entries

What is your solution or your thoughts on submitting entries? Ends after about three days, winner determined at random via RNG.

Owner: ylesia
Name: Honey
Phenotype: Black and tan shaded sable with irish white
Genotype: Ayat BB cchcch Dd Ee hh kyky ll mm sisi tt UU VV ZZ
Ffe OO PP RR
Health: Healthy
Degenerative Myelopathy: -/-
Dwarfism: -/-
Hereditary Deafness: -/-
Progressive Retinal Atrophy: -/-
Elbow Score: 59
Hip Score: 85
Height: 27 in
Weight: 63 lbs
Equipment: None
Traits:
Athletic (+5 to sports and SAR)
Jack Of All Trades (+10 to conformation, sports, and SAR)
Luxurious Coat (+10 to conformation and passing longer fur (fe,fl) in breedings, -5 to tracking and SAR)

Lineage:

SSS: Unknown
SSD: Unknown
SDS: Unknown
SDD: Unknown
SS: Unknown
SD: Unknown
Sire: Unknown
DSS: Unknown
DSD: Unknown
DDS: Unknown
DDD: Unknown
DS: Unknown
DD: Unknown
Dam: Unknown
Last edited by taikunfoo on Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd A-0392 - Available!

Postby werepickle » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:18 am

Username: werepickle
Name: RhK Define All Odds 'Kestrel'
Thoughts on pound applications: i like the idea of limiting entries per week. Maybe could also implement that you can adopt 2 dogs per week depending on the popularity of the dogs.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylesia » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:16 am

Username: ylesia
Thoughts on pound applications: This idea works only if you announce all the dogs in the pound at the same time and draw all results at the same time. Everyone who enter for more than one dog should add a priority list. For example, there are three dogs in the pound and I want to enter for #1 and #3, but I prefer #1. For dog #1 I write: entry raffle ... priority 1 (something like that), while for dog #3: entry raffle ... priority 2. If I win both raffle, then I'll be awarded dog #1, while for dog #3 you can raffle again excluding my entry (or chose the second, it depends by how you generate the random numbers). This is something similar to your third option, but in some way reversed, or based on a more personal base. I hope it's clear!
Also, this is functional if you have a limited number of dogs in the pound, let's say, 3 or 4. If you have a lot of dogs each week you would also need to keep track of all drawn numbers before posting the results, then check if someone won twice and check their preferences... and this can be complicated if there are a lot of dogs.

Where no man has gone before…

MY TRADE THREAD | ADOPTABLES | STORIES
WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:39 pm

Username: kijauni
Name: LoK Through The Looking Glass I Sour
Thoughts on pound applications: I didn't know you guys have this thought in the brewing so please don't mind if I don't know all the details.
I am not in favour of making the Pound Dogs "too easy". They shouldn't be used as fodder and be something special to win while still allowing you guys to not burn out having to draw them so often.
Are you guys sure you can hold up the weekly schedule? If yes, then I'd say allow only ONE Entry per person. Thats it. You either win or lose. Dogs with single entry being rolled first, the dogs with more entrys last, guaranteeing everybody finds a new home.
Very strict, I know, but it would keep them more special if you can't just mass apply!
If you guys opt for a monthly schedule in the end, I'd allow 3 entrys per round with ylesias suggestion of adding Prioritys.
Thanks for coming up with so many, new ideas!

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:03 pm

Thank you so much for your insight, we really appreciated your suggestions and we're going to be incorporating a few of them!

Congratulations!
ylesia wrote:Username: ylesia
Thoughts on pound applications: This idea works only if you announce all the dogs in the pound at the same time and draw all results at the same time. Everyone who enter for more than one dog should add a priority list. For example, there are three dogs in the pound and I want to enter for #1 and #3, but I prefer #1. For dog #1 I write: entry raffle ... priority 1 (something like that), while for dog #3: entry raffle ... priority 2. If I win both raffle, then I'll be awarded dog #1, while for dog #3 you can raffle again excluding my entry (or chose the second, it depends by how you generate the random numbers). This is something similar to your third option, but in some way reversed, or based on a more personal base. I hope it's clear!
Also, this is functional if you have a limited number of dogs in the pound, let's say, 3 or 4. If you have a lot of dogs each week you would also need to keep track of all drawn numbers before posting the results, then check if someone won twice and check their preferences... and this can be complicated if there are a lot of dogs.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd A-0392

Postby ylesia » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:10 pm

Thank you!

Where no man has gone before…