Range Trotter #203 by ♥ soft

Based on Click to view
Artist ♥ soft [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #203

Postby ♥ soft » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:14 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Impress me!
Quality over quantity, so don't stress about filling up a massive page and just have fun bringing your version of this trotter to life c:

End Date: Monday, 19 April 2021 AEST

Username: iStarz & Everly
Show Name: ÇwÇ Always Dignified
Barn Name: Adeline
Height: 14.2hh
Eye Color: Marine Green
Phenotype: Classic Champagne Medicine Hat Overo
Genotype: Ee aa Chch Oo
Last edited by ♥ soft on Wed May 12, 2021 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

henlo, i'm soft c:
    she/her • chronically ill • adult
    i love colouring ponies ♥

character storage
♥ soft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #203

Postby iStarz & Everly » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 am

Halter Color: eye color
Prompt:

Personality;
Adeline is that horse who gets overly excessive with the holidays and traditions. Granted, she is overly excessive in everything she does, because she is almost OCD about things. How they need to be done just right and with plenty of time to spare, but she just wants to do her best all the time. Adeline is quite compassionate and she loves to help others. She is also very protective and this helps her in her job as a Therapy Horse for children with disabilities. She has never let any of the children she works with fall.
Adeline is quite a smart trotter, and she knows what she wants and how she wants others to see her. She is honest, but not in a rude or blunt way, she always tells the truth in order not to hurt anyone's feelings. Adeline also tends to be very understanding and reliable in that if anyone has a problem with something she did or knows about, she can be trusted to listen to them fully and act rationally afterwards, even if its something that might upset her.

Mate; Teal

Teal is Adeline's other half. They fit together so seamlessly, it's hard to believe they recently met. Adeline has only known Teal for about six months, but in that time, the bond these two have formed is unbreakable. Teal can be anxious, a bit stubborn, and quick to judge, but Adeline keeps her in check, calming her when needed and being supportive. Adeline has shown Teal how to be accepting of other people and horses, as well as helped her evolve in the riding ring from difficult for advanced riders to manageable for our more intermediate riders.
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Username: blackhoeses
Show Name: For The One True Love
Barn Name: Lois
Height: 14.2 hh
Halter Color: black and red ombre
Prompt:

Them song: Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On.
Favorite song: Taylor Swift - Love Story
Favorite treat: celery
Favorite color: fuchsia even though she knows it clashes with her eyes
Favorite fairy tale: Snow White

Personality: Lois is a romantic, she loves people and horse watching. She is always the first to congratulate or comfort since she pays such close attention. She can be overly enthusiastic at times but she is such a sweet hart that it normally dose not cause any problems.

Dreams: Lois dreams on being part of a weeding of true love and finding her one true love.
Biggest fear: not finding true love or letting it slip past her because she was not paying attention.
Biggest secret: Lois is afraid of small children, basically if they are at her knees. She dose not know what to do with them, so she freezes. This has lead the humans to think she is good with them and she dose love older kids. But something about those extra tiny humans she just has no idea what to do with them and it unnerves her.

Story: Lois grew up on a prestigious stud and as she got older and listened to mares and other filly's. She started to realize she was a bit different. While they talked about all of the stallions they liked and the ones that had loved.

WIP
Last edited by blackhoeses on Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:36 am

Username: Temper
Show Name: White Chocolate Mocha
Barn Name: Fleur
Height: 14.1 hh
Halter Color: Your choice!
Prompt: Art to go with story!
Fleur was a hardy horse, born and raised in the snowy mountains. She was perfectly adapted to living long months in cold weather, although she certainly did not look the part. Most other horses at her farm had thick, wooly coats and feathered legs. She and her mother were the only ones who looked different. Despite the year round chill, their coats remained sleek and shiny, never getting too furry. One day Fleur inquired
"Mother, how come we look so different from the other horses?" And her mother told her a story of where she came from. Before she was sold to people who lived in the cold mountains, Fleur's mother had lived in a land of sand and heat. She told stories of burnt orange sunsets and deserts as far as the eye could see. And the most shocking part-
"Snow did not fall in our land"
Fleur could not imagine life without snow. But that night she dreamed of orange sunsets and a land that never got cold. She made up her mind that soon, she would take her mom and herself and find this elusive place.

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ soft » Wed May 12, 2021 2:04 am

iStarz & Everly wrote:Image

Halter Color: eye color
Prompt:

Personality;
Adeline is that horse who gets overly excessive with the holidays and traditions. Granted, she is overly excessive in everything she does, because she is almost OCD about things. How they need to be done just right and with plenty of time to spare, but she just wants to do her best all the time. Adeline is quite compassionate and she loves to help others. She is also very protective and this helps her in her job as a Therapy Horse for children with disabilities. She has never let any of the children she works with fall.
Adeline is quite a smart trotter, and she knows what she wants and how she wants others to see her. She is honest, but not in a rude or blunt way, she always tells the truth in order not to hurt anyone's feelings. Adeline also tends to be very understanding and reliable in that if anyone has a problem with something she did or knows about, she can be trusted to listen to them fully and act rationally afterwards, even if its something that might upset her.

Mate; Teal

Teal is Adeline's other half. They fit together so seamlessly, it's hard to believe they recently met. Adeline has only known Teal for about six months, but in that time, the bond these two have formed is unbreakable. Teal can be anxious, a bit stubborn, and quick to judge, but Adeline keeps her in check, calming her when needed and being supportive. Adeline has shown Teal how to be accepting of other people and horses, as well as helped her evolve in the riding ring from difficult for advanced riders to manageable for our more intermediate riders.

congrats iStarz c: adeline can go home to teal now ♥♥
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

henlo, i'm soft c: