Re: Kalon #806

Postby Leopardsong » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Username -- Leopardsong
Name -- Atticus
Gender -- Male
Most dearest thing to them -- Pure silver. 1.5c mouthpiece. Crafted specifically for me. There are a lot of things that mean a lot to me; family, friends, you name it. If there is anything I couldn't live without, it's my favorite instrument. The trumpet. I've always had music in my life; my mother was a youth band conductor and my father traveled worldwide playing in an ensemble. I was introduced to playing when I was young. My parents say I was four when I started my first instrument, but I believe I've wanted to play since I was old enough to "think straight". I played piano, guitar, clarinet, and so many more, but one stool out to me. My trumpet. I continued though my childhood, playing every instrument I could get my hands on, but I never left the trumpet. Now I'm thirty two years old and travel with my father and his ensemble, playing what I love most. I kept a life savings for the one bing I wanted most, my silver trumpet. I could never live without it. I even still have my childhood trumpet, and it means the world to have it in good condition. I hope it will continue to live on when I cannot.
Last edited by Leopardsong on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lep - She/Her

Hey there! I'm Leopardsong, but just call me Lep. I'm always there if you wanna talk!
Just shoot me a PM!

Toyhou.se

"The chicken may cross the road, but nobody crosses the chicken"
Leopardsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyGold » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Username -- SkyGold
Name -- Ray South
Gender -- male
Most dearest thing to them --

They were close to their friends starting when they were just a kit. These friends were not kalons, as other kalons often left him to himself, but other animals especially birds. He started a habit of caring for the backyard critters daily, filling the bird feeders and leaving opened cans of cat food for the strays. He cared for them all individually at different levels.

It was a small robin that he was especially fond of. He placed a bird house in her tree for her to make a nest in and left little gifts of sunflower seeds. There was not a day that he didn't see her. Until he didn't. He at first suspected that one of the neighborhood cats got her as she had been searching for worms in the grass, but he knew she was too clever for that. Her brown, black and red feathers lingered at her nest when he searched for her. Then it was when he looked into the small bird house. Sitting inside were 3 lightly speckled blue eggs. Their favored mother was no where to be seen and it had been so for several days so he took them into his care, placing each egg into an individual incubator.

He watched for weeks for their hatching day. Then it happened. One egg after the other grew cracks that spiderwebbed down their sides. Small beaks pressed forward to open air, breathing in their first breaths. Ray smiled as their shells fell around them, revealing their quivering, featherless and slimy bodies.

These three robin chicks soon became his most treasured possession as he helped and watched them grow.
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | n/a
| click the chickens for their respective links |

leaving, had a fun 6 years! :)
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paints » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Username -- Pleasureable Paints
Name -- Orlov
Gender -- Male
Most dearest thing to them -- It is not very realistic, but I hope this is an interesting story!

From the day he was born, Orlov had been stupid. As in, so unbelievably unintelligent people thought it was a disability. But despite this, he lived a happy and rich life up until the age of 16. Something went terribly wrong with his parents company, and it was so bad it drove them into bankruptcy. They were forced to sell their home and they had little money left at all. Close to nothing. Orlov was an only child, and out of love for the lonely Kalon they bought him a toy with all of their remaining money. A Rubix cube. The moment his parents presented him with the toy, he was overcome with happiness. He didn't know how to use it, but after a few hours of mucking around with it Orlov learnt the basics. He started off small, and worked his way up to higher puzzles. With the cube, his intelligence began to improve while the state of his family decreased. He kept going and going for years on end, until he was so smart that he was at the point he could build a time machine if he wanted. But his family was struggling to survive. One day, his mother fell ill. They had no money to buy medicine, so they began to fret. Orlov knew what he had to do. He enrolled at a school for science, and studied as hard as he could. His mother was getting worse, but Orlov was studying and sitting exams so well that he was allowed to graduate a year early. With his new intelligence he applied for a job as a scientist at the age of 19. He was accepted in, and he worked as hard as he could to provide money for his families benefit. He earned himself quite a lot of money in a month, but none of it went to him. He gave it all to his mother and father so they could purchase medicine. After a few tests, they found out what was wrong. She had cancer. Orlov's mother was given the required treatment and soon recovered from a deadly illness after a few months. His mother's live was saved, all thanks to a small childrens toy. A Rubix cube, given to Orlov in a time where they could barely afford it.

Orlov remains a wealthy scientist who lives in a beautiful home with his parents. A Rubix cube sits on his work desk as a reminder of his childhood.
Last edited by Paints on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iImage
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
┌─────────┐

Yes, I stan Tom
Holland, who doesn't?
I don't use CS anymore
So contact me by other
means eg Insta! ♡

└─────────┘
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ix░░░░░░░░░░
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ix - - - - - ©credit
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xi██████████
xi██████████
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iImage
Paints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:16 pm

❧ Username;; Sketchiimutt
    ❧ Name;; Raine
    ❧ Gender;; Female
    ❧ Most dearest thing to them;; A small jar of birds feathers that belonged to their dear pet that they lost on October 18th~
    It was the afternoon when Raine arrived back at home. They had wanted to go to their friends house but their mother insisted on going back home. Raine gave up and wandered home with their mother. They walked through the front door and gently closed it behind them. She looked around curiosly as their was no chirps beside the small ones of the budgies their family had owned. Raine walked into the kitchen and saw another bird in a cage on the table. This bird was a grey cockatiel with beautiful markings. Raine looked around and noticed their father standing in the kitchen looking down at his paws. "Where's Crowley?" Raine asked curiosly looking for the white cockatiel that usually greeted them.
    "Raine... Crowley got out.." Their father spoke with grief in his voice. Raine widened their eyes shaking their head. "No.. No.." They spoke quietly. "No." She said tears spilling out and over her cheeks. she felt herself beginning to shake. This wasn't happening.. This had to be a dream.. Raine ran to her father burying her face into his fur. Tears wouldn't stop falling and she had no intentions of stopping them. 'WHY?!' She yelled to herself angrily. Raine believed she could have prevented this somehow. And even to this day she stil believes it, she wished she had pushed on staying home instead of going out. Then she wouldn't have had to go through the pain of loosing her closest friend.

She spent the rest of that afternoon looking for her beloved cockatiel. she checked in every tree, around every corner. She ventured around her local park for hours. Everyone in Raines family was out looking for him. Her voice was sore, so sore from all the yelling and calling she had done. Her cheeks burned from the constant tears dribbling down them. She had grazes on her legs from all the fences she climbed over. She felt so tired yet she didn't want to stop.

When she arrived home she collapsed onto the couch, a sobbing mess. Her fur was sticking out in all directions and the fur on her face was stuck down from all the tears. She didn't eat for nearly a day. She felt that there was no point in it. She wanted to curl into a ball and cry. she wished and dreamed to see her bird again. But she never did.

For the next week that's all she did was walk around and call out for her bird. She missed him dearly and broke down in tears often. She slowly started to collect all the feathers she could find and placed them in a jar. She slept with that jar every night since October the 18th. Every now and then she still wants to go searching for her bird but she knows he's too far gone into the wild now..

- Picture of my baby Crowley.
Last edited by mikey on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 am, edited 9 times in total.

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pim » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Username // OddBarkk
Name // Vinnie Flat
Gender // male
Dearest possession // Box of lost shoes

Vinnie wrote:
_____
'' A shoe is a storyteller ''
_____

"This won't be a long story about a journey but a simple explanation."
" Shoes, are storytellers. They were there on all your adventures, well, for those of us who wear them. They were on your feet the first time you went fishing, your first day of school. They were even there when you saw your crush for the first time. Maybe they weren't the same shoes, but they were shoes. And forever, they will hold those experiences. They walked you around your campus on your first day to school, they were looking up when you looked down in embarrassment. Something about them made you comforted, perhaps it was the familiarity of them, or the unconsciousness knowledge that soon they'd be walking away from the situation with you. They're more of a friend then most, as good of a friend as an object could be.''

" Now i'm sure the question has araised, why? Why do I collect them?'
It's as simple as this: To hear their stories. They've had a lifetime of travels, a life time of wisdom. And you could find this out if you stop and listen. Like a great poet once said, Some beauty is just waiting to be seen. So I collect them, and I set them in a place where they can sing their silent stories, and be heard. Everything wants to be heard, even a dusty sandal sitting in a gutter

'' To add to this hobby of collecting, I try my best to pair shoes with their missing partners! A complete story, from left to right."
Last edited by pim on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
pim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xxx

Postby cherubim » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:26 pm

username -- crepuscular.
      name -- poppy
      gender-- female
      most dearest thing to them -- an antique record player with her elvis record collection
      --
      poppy loved music.
      no - it's more of an addiction.
      music is like a lifeline for the kalon; it lifts the mood, brings people together, influences emotions she wasn't aware she had.
      her headphones - black, with a blue overhead strap - are always around her neck. they are permantly glued to her neck or ears; if you were to ask her when she was younger, her headphones given to her by her mother were her most treasured thing.
      however, just like all things, the headphones broke. poppy's world was plunged into the white noise of society; the music sealing off the rest of the world and keeping her emotions in check were gone.
      she couldn't listen to her music without them; it was poppy's music and only she were allowed to listen to it. it was not to be heard blasting from a radio, or a cd player, or even the speakers of her mp3 player. her mother had soon given her another pair - red, this time - but poppy couldn't get into the music like she used to. the outside sounds buzzed dully in her head even if she put the music up to the highest volume it could go - there was just no use. and thus, her mp3 player and headphone were left lying on her desk, collecting dust and never to be picked up again.
      over the next few months, her parents noticed the lack of headphones around poppy's neck. her father didn't think too much into it, but her mother frowned in discontent; she knew how much music meant to her dear poppy, and the fact that she wasn't listening to it made her worry that little bit more.
      poppy had gone into a depression. not over the music, no, but over the death of her grandfather.
      her grandfather, james, was a music lover just like his granddaughter. james breathed music, lived music, was music. james had a gift with music, and had obviously passed it on to poppy. the two had bonded over this, and poppy looked up to him as if he were the messiah that had come from the heavens to accompany her. so of course, when he had passed, (uncannily around the time her previous headphones broke) poppy had lost interest in music. she didn't want to feel - didn't want to be reminded.
      so of course, it wasn't long until her parents realised this.
      her mother, however, wanted to end it. she knew her father-in-law would never want this for his darling granddaughter. so, she did the only thing logical at the time.
      she rustled through the contents of the lumpsome of inherited items both poppy's father and her had gotten, searching for the old record collection of james'.
      a small huff of content was heard as the elder kalon lifted the milk crate filled with records - though, they were mainly elvis presley ones. she lifted the dusty white tarp that covered her own grandmother's record player and placed the crate next to it, shoving aside everything else and making space in front of the record player. she called out to poppy, voice filled with hope. she prayed this will work.
      poppy followed her father into the attic, staring at the dark ground in front of her and sighing softly.
      "I have something for you." her mother hummed, a smile gracing her delicate features. poppy raised an eyebrow and watches in feigned disinterest as her mother exposed a pristine record straight from the cardboard slip holding it. she placed it on the record player and set the needle on it accordingly, waiting for elvis' sweet voice to fill the area. soon enough, 'Love Me Tender' drifted around the room, bringing tear to her father's eyes as he lifted himself from his position sitting in a box and held his paw out to his wife, smiling at her. she took it and soon enough, the two were waltzing carefully yet somehow carefreely around the attic, humming to the song.
      poppy slowly lifted her head. her paw tapped to the beat, her hrad bobbed slightly and her hums became louder. the song closed to an end, and 'Hound Dog''s upbeat melody started, bringing poppy up on her feet. she swayed, sang and jumped along to the song, laughing alongside her parents, who were in awe at how their daughter's mood changed so drastically. the three stayed dancing until the end of the record, and the room stayed silent until poppy's mother piped up. "this is for you, baby girl." she murmured, smiling warmly at her daughter, her father nodding in agreement. poppy's face split into a grin as she hugged her parents close, hiding the small tears that appeared in her eyes.
      since then, elvis can be heard playing loudly from poppy's roomnearly every day of the week. the notion that the music she loved was only for her was gone, and poppy remains singing, dancing and humming with others to this day.
Last edited by cherubim on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cherubim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mellow. » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Username --
panserbjørn.
Name --
perry
Gender --
female
Most dearest thing to them --

terrariums much like these, with little chains to hang around the neck or tail, if they come with hooks.* she recieved these every year for her birthday from her father, until he passed away. they were handmade, and inside there are little worlds that consist of different things, all miniature: small gears in a round one, little animals in a jar-shaped one, and her favorite one— a diamond shaped terrarium with small models that are designed to look like her family.
today, perry works on her own terrariums and leaves them on her father's grave, on his birthday every year.

*see the image for a visual: the first, tallest terrarium has a circle on the top.
(also sorry for the short story aha)
mellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Username---
My Horse Rocks
Name---
Vincent
Gender---
Male
Most Dearest Thing To Them---
His puppy, Buster. Buster was given to Vincent on his third birthday and he's been with him ever since. Buster loves to sleep on Vincent's bed and Vincent loves to throw Buster's ball for him to chase. Wip...
Last edited by SunnyStreets on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist