Re: A Curious Traveler... Day 12

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:06 am

For participating in the riddle these users receive...
x1 Fall Philter
adds maple leaf shaped feathers to a chicoon (anywhere, any number) (C)
x1 Gummyworm Concoction
This item makes a chicoons tongue longer, and adds stripes to it (both effects of the potion are required, any tongue length longer than the chicoons original tongue)
Caeleesi / 309551
Ottercola [111526]
PrincessAlexis #19227
.henloimmabirb. + 778953
-aeris + 800027
Xynthalium 842609
Zigzagoon 97981
Case 108699
-roadkill-69- 825808
imabanditø 908562
HeyoCoyoteHere 964822
bakuraas. + 876991
Eevee55 + 1033286
woofer-moosh + 283946
space oddity/17099
shadedk9 652370
rainbowpanda101 & 116794
MaroonCookie + 1014873
HallowMoon - 1027299
seiku88 + 414623
Zentropy & 75749
crowthefrostyfloof + 95762
Ki-san 1025193

Users who successfully solved the riddle receive...
x1 Ghost gasp
Adds white flame patches to a chicoon (large, only white/light light grey) (R)
x1 Bat Extract
Gives your chicoon bat-style headwings (R)
x1 Scrying potion
gives a chicoon particles shaped like unreadable runes (UC)
x2 Cat toe tonic
gives your chicoon white toes (any or all) (C)
x2 Contained Creature
Gives a chicoon the parasite event trait
GreyScale 862594
FatalCollapse 852442 got super close to the answer ;U; and will be rewarded the winner items as well!
bees are pretty cool
x

if you need to contact me, please do so thru toyhouse <3
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Curious Traveler... Day 12 (the end)

Postby PrincessAlexis » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:44 am

Username & ID: PrincessAlexis #19227
Chicoon participating (link): Aztec

Prompt:

As Aztec explained his thought process behind the riddle, Eyes began going through the motions right then and there, to no avail. He felt his heart begin to sink but when he mentioned the last two images, the skull and omega, suddenly Eyes knew exactly what they had to do! It was a dead end, their exit, a place no one would have wanted to explore too thoroughly would be exactly the way to escape!

They began together, closing their eyes, taking a step backwards, but then Eyes whispered his parting words, "I'm going to stay to tell anyone else..." and suddenly Aztec felt his foot hit bare grass, and through his eyelids he could see the light of the sun. His eyes snapped open and he looked around, finding himself in quite an ordinary field, the one where others had recently had a hayride and ... what was that? Pumpkin guts on the ground? They must have been carving jack-o-lanterns here, too.

Aztec sighed. It felt so very good to be free and know that he could find his way home from this place, something that seemed unimaginable just yesterday, but he really wished Eyes were here to see this. The poor guy had spent years in that maze, and Aztec could only imagine his look of pure elation when he finally found freedom, however he was doing the right thing by staying behind to help the others, and so in that way, Aztec figured Eyes was a hero.

codeword:Theeeend

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miissingyou » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:27 am

Username & ID: Xynthalium 842609
Chicoon participating (link): Dr. Xynth

Prompt:

Dr. Xynth jumped down into Eyes' arms, before being placed down onto the ground. It looked up, making eye contact (or lack thereof) with Eyes.
Eyes seemed to mull over something for a moment, before loudly shouting.
"Dead.. END?! I KNOW WHERE WE HAVE TO GO!"
"Perhaps I overthought it a bit?" Dr. Xynth said, chuckling quietly.
Looking back up, the symbols were barely visible. Dr. Xynth figured the additional height was necessary to view the hints in the stars. Turning around, it realized that Eyes had been waiting for it to follow. Giving chase, Dr. Xynth followed Eyes, running as quickly as its stubby little legs would allow it to go. The sound of their paw pads slamming against the concrete filled the air. Before they knew it, the two of them arrived in front of a dead end. There was nowhere to go from here.
Dr. Xynth looked at Eyes, eagerly awaiting instruction. Eyes said he had been here for three years, hadn't he? After all this time, he could finally be free. Dr. Xynth smiled at the thought. It was so glad that it had the chance to meet Eyes.
Eyes finally began to speak, reciting the instructions the two had learned while they were up on top of the walls. First, they had to close their eyes. Next, turn around, back facing the wall of the dead end. Finally, begin to walk backwards.
Dr. Xynth had obeyed Eyes' instructions as they were recited. Right as it began to take its first step backwards, Dr. Xynth heard Eyes whisper.
"I'm going to stay to tell everyone else..."
Before Dr. Xynth even had the chance to react, its foot met the ground. It wasn't cold, hard concrete anymore. Light flooded Dr. Xynth's vision. Opening its eyes, Dr. Xynth quickly realized what had happened. The maze in front of it was no more. The buzzing it had gotten so used to was gone. It had finally escaped the maze, and was met with nothing but grass and trees for as far as it could see.
As much as it didn't want to, Dr. Xynth was unable to hold back its tears. It was free from the maze, so why was it crying?
Eyes. Eyes was the reason Dr. Xynth was crying. Eyes was the first Chicoon to finally treat it like an equal, rather than a small child that didn't know anything. It had started to see him almost as a fatherly figure. Now that its back outside in the open air, notably without Eyes by its side, it was alone again. Like it had been before it had entered the maze. Dr. Xynth had no family, no one to turn to, so Eyes was quite literally the most important person Dr. Xynth had in its life.
Dr. Xynth opened its mouth, releasing the mango it had kept from the maze. It had never been more grateful to have a fruit in its life. Without moving, Dr. Xynth quickly began digging a hole under where it stood. This spot is important. It's where Dr. Xynth stood, after the kindness of Eyes helped it escape from the maze. It took the mango, gently opening it up and placing the seed in the ground. The size of the mango had allowed it to develop two seeds, the other seed Dr. Xynth kept to bring home and plant there. After burying the seed, Dr. Xynth took a silent moment to thank Eyes for everything he did for it, as well as his kindness. Taking a deep breath, Dr. Xynth began to venture back home to the Cryptic Wood.
Once it arrived, it went straight to its home. It dug a large hole in the ground in front of its home's entrance, delicately placing the seed inside. It then buried this seed as well, making sure the ground had been flat and there was a large layer of soil above it. Sure, Dr. Xynth may not have been able to return home with Eyes by its side, but it had the memories. It had the mangos, which would become a large tree in due time. This alone meant the world to Dr. Xynth. While it would do anything to be with Eyes again, even if it meant living in the maze forever, life isn't always fair. It would have to accept that this is what it had, but this would always be better than nothing. Not to mention all the stories it could tell about its adventures with Eyes, figuring out the riddles!

(760 words <3 #1 eyes fan)
edit; just wanted to edit also to thank you for running this booth <3 i love eyes so much he actually comforts me a lot i am so glad he exists and this was so much fun!

Last edited by miissingyou on Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xx.xxxxxxxxxverna
ཐི❤︎ཋྀ i will be much better then ཐི❤︎ཋྀ
..xxxxxxshe/he/it ♡ adult
xx.xxxxxxpfp by valkry
x.we have lots of people blocked,
xxblock evasion will be reported
miissingyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ottercola » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:40 am

Username & ID: Ottercola [111526]
Chicoon participating:Boo

Prompt:

Boo watched as Eyes mulled over the riddle, listening to him explain to what seemed to be himself as if Boo suddenly wasnt there. He didn't mind, Boo didnt seem to have added any worth into solving the riddle after all. "Yeah walk around backwards blind probably would be silly..." he chuckled at himself for thinking so. He scratched at his chin trying to process everything Eyes was blurting out, trying to keep up with his thought processes. "Omega symbol..oh yeah youre right that it is huh..." Boo jumped as Eyes yelled out in excitement. Dead end...dead end...wasnt that the first thing he found when he entered the maze? The one with the tiny holes in it. "Hey I've seen a dead e-" He was cut off by Eyes shouting out and clambering down the walls in a blur. Boo scrambled after him as fast as he could. For how much trouble the odd chicoon seemed to have getting up the wall he didnt seem to have any getting down. It must be his excitement. Boo hopped off into Eyes offered arms before being plopped down and hurried forward. Boo ran after him. He was awfully fast all of a sudden, locking eyes with Lefty who seemed helpless to his flailing. Boo rounded corner after corner, trying to keep up with Eyes. He couldnt tell if he was slow or if Eyes was just extraordinarily fast when faced with the answer he'd been searching for for maybe years at this point. He skidded to a halt as the reached the dead end, tripping over his own paws to avoid smacking into Eyes. He landed on his chest with a thud."Oh hey this is the place!" he perked up, dusting himself off. Eyes seemed to be in his own thoughts again as he began to speak. Boo listens intently and copied his actions. He closed his eyes and felt the cold stone under his paws, he hoped this was the answer. He started walking backwards hesitantly. A whisper caught his ears as he started phasing through the wall, "Wait! Your staying? NO COME WITH ME!" He threw his eyes open, but instead of being greeted to the inside maze his paws felt grass. The warm rays of the sun hit his back and an eerie silence fell across him and everything around him. He was too late. Eyes was gone. He banged his paws against the outer brick wall. "EYES! EYES!" he cried uselessly. He turned around and leaned back agaisnt the wall, digging his paws into the soft earth. He blinked and looked around. He stared idly across the grass field. Eyes following the few birds flying overhead. He sighed and slunk into a ball. "I hope you know what your doing you silly old man,,," He mumbled to himself. He knew Eyes had done the right thing. While he never saw another soul, there had to be others lost in the maze too and there will always be others. If he could wander in others will follow. Eyes was the only one that could help them. Boo wish he could have been so brave. Sure he wanted out but...to leave him behind like that. He couldve helped him too. Two head were better than one right? But Eyes would want him to be free. He inhaled the autumn air and stood up. The warm grass between his toes a feeling he had forgotten. He took one last look at the cold stone wall. "I wish you all the luck in the world. All of you. It was a pleasure to meet you you silly chicoon." He smiled a bit bitter sweetly, and slowly made his way down the hill.

▪▪

▪▪

[Lottie|Pepper|Pup]
[ just a funny dog ]
[CS Toyhouse]
I'm a Chicoon Artist!

▪▪

ImageImage

Ottercola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BunnyBeam » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:22 am

Username & ID: BunnyBeam + 832349
Chicoon participating (link): Happy

Prompt:

Happy runs after Eyes, kinda carefully though, he does not know where to put his legs. The sound that echoes from Eyes’ body makes it that Happy can follow him. Suddenly Eyes stops and Happy bumps in to Eyes. “sorry, but why did you stop, Eyes?” Happy asks. Eyes explained that there is a dead end, but then he recites the riddle again. Happy does what Eyes ask of him, so he walks backwards and suddenly the atmosphere is totally different. As if Happy just put his leg back in to the normal world, outside of the maze. “Eyes? Are you there?” Happy asks, but to no avail. Happy starts to walk around a little bit, but can’t seem to find the maze anymore. “Eyes?” Happy screams, but no answer. It is as if everything disappeared. “If you somehow can hear me, Eyes. I will miss you, it was a fun time walking around the maze and it was nice meeting you! I won’t ever forget about you! Or the tasty tree, it really was tasty, lick it! Lick the tree!” Happy said with a hint of sadness in his voice. He really will miss the maze and Eyes. These past few weeks felt like just a day, but it probably was way more than a few hours. Happy turns around and walks away, he will never forget the feeling of the maze, the feeling of this empty grassland where he stands now. Happy will return from time to time, to see if the maze might have reappeared with Eyes in it. It was a good time.

Bunny - adult - 24/7 tired - art
ToyHouse

BunnyBeam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zigzagoon » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:08 am

Username & ID: Zigzagoon 97981
Chicoon participating (link): Haunt

Prompt:

Haunt was very impressed as Eyes figured out the riddle, and was feeling such a sense of gratitude to this Chicoon who was helping them escape the maze. When he dashed off because he knew where to go, Haunt ran after him, excited to see where it would lead. When they reached a deadend, they were slightly confused at first, but following the instructions given to them by the symbols... they could go through the wall? Haunt closed their eyes and walked backwards as instructed- they almost stopped when they heard Eyes whisper those words but it was too late. They found themselves outside in the fresh air, the maze AND Eyes nowhere to be seen. "Eyes?" Haunt said out loud, their voice sounding so clear - they hadn't noticed before but the maze wasn't as quiet as they'd thought. They felt a mixture of emotions then, relief that they were free from the maze, but almost devastated that Eyes hadn't joined them. He had been trapped in the maze for so long, Haunt could only imagine his reaction to being out in the real world once more. But Haunt respected his decision, and his sacrifice to stay in the maze to help any other lost creatures find their way. "I hope we meet again." They whispered, looking out at the horizon. Now it was time to go home. [228]

════════════
    My Info
    ♕ Zig / Jig / El
    ♕ they/them
    ♕ Feel free to send me a PM!
    ToyhouseCS UMA's
════════════

Zigzagoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadedk9 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:28 am

Username & ID: shadedk9 652370
Chicoon participating (link):
honeydew
Prompt:

Honeydew's mind was racing as they tuned into what was happening. They saw Lefty swaying around as they chased after Eyes. Twisting and turning corners before getting to a wall. Eyes explained himself as Honeydew was trying to tune in. He was talking so fast they could barely understand. They tried to listen intently and followed Eye's orders as they began to back towards the wall. Just as they were about to back into it they heard the words come out of Eye's mouth. "I'm going to stay to tell anyone else....". "wait what?-" Honeydew could barely get the words out as a blinding light seemed to flash.

After a moment, Honeydew heard...nothing. Nothing but the sound of wind in the trees and birds chirping. They smelled... fresh grass and old popcorn. They opened their eyes and saw that they were in a field. "I'm... out?" they asked out loud as they looked around. "I'm..."Suddenly Honeydew was up and bouncing around. "I'm out! I'm free! I can't believe I actually got out!". Their wings fluttered as they felt light on their feet. "We're free! Eyes! we're finally free!-". Honeydew stopped bouncing and began to look around. "Eyes?" they questioned as they looked around.

Finally the words hit them. "EYES! NO NO! WAIT! EYES WHERE ARE YOU?". Honeydew became frantic. They were shouting and began sprinting around the field. their shouting caused birds to fly off and caw as they left. "No no no no no". Honeydew frantically padded at spots on the ground to see if there was any sign of eyes. They looked for an entrance back to the maze or maybe any sign of the maze in the distance. After about ten minutes past they began to slow. Honeydew was stilled calling for Eyes, but their voice was hoarse and quieter. They were exhausted and distressed. They took one final look around the field and saw nothing.

They wordlessly slinked towards the center of the clearing. The ground crunched under their feet and their wings floated in the wind. They finally stopped walking and plonked their butt down on the grass. The clouds above them opened up to let some sunlight down, and despite the fall chill the sun was warm. So warm. And yet... Honeydew felt cold. And alone. They closed their eyes and slumped over. Cold tears began to run down their cheeks as they once more said Eyes name.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm

Username & ID: crowthefrostyfloof + 957629
Chicoon participating (link): Mango

Prompt:

Mango listened to Eyes input and looked intrigued. "Oh, I hadn't thought of that. " he said and peered down at his scarf, making sure the strange fruit he got was still with him. He ran after Eyes when he took off, making sure to keep up, though he could only see Lefty due to how fast they were running. When they reached the dead-end Mango listened to Eyes and did as told, tho when he heard Eyes words, he was already too late to say anything, already out in the field, a wave of sorrow washing through him.

The smell of stale popcorn assaulted his nose, and it took a second for him to recover. When he did he quickly did a double take of making sure the fruit was with him and when he looked into his scarf he sighed in relief as he saw it nestled in his scarf. He then thought of what happened these last few days and Eyes helping him get out but not joining him in the field. Mango originally decided to return home tho not without grabbing something to mark where the maze is. When he returned home he was greeted by his excited family, but the way Mango felt was bittersweet to say the least, knowing the friend he made was still stuck in the maze helping other Chicoons.

Mango told his family about where he has been and about his friend. Even with a bit of uncheerlesness Mangos family let him venture back to the maze and try to find his friend. The only thing they wanted him to do was keep a rope on him so he won't get too lost. before he packed up to go he planted the fruit Eyes gave him, hoping that it would be able to grow. Mango left to the maze and hooked his rope to a bar outside of the maze to make sure he can find his way back, and with one step, he was back into the maze with one goal in mind. . . . . find Eyes.

[349 words]

Also some gift art of Eyes

Also tysm Buzz for running this booth! The story was so much fun to interact in!

Last edited by crowthefrostyfloof on Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
crowthefrostyfloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -roadkill-69- » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:43 pm

Username & ID: -roadkill-69- 825808
Chicoon participating (link):Qory

Prompt:

-roadkill-69-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby case » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:00 pm

Username & ID: case 108699
Chicoon participating: Everett

Prompt:
Everett honked as Eyes spoke, nodding their head in agreement. “Yeah, I am just going to follow your lead! My puzzle solving skills are not the greatest, I admit.” Everett hung their head and climbed down from the wall. They watched and smiled at Eyes’ excitement. Maybe it was crazy that Everett was blindly following a Chicoon they had only met a few hours before. “I am deciding to trust you because I have really grown to like you and enjoy your company.” They started to feel sentimental. Everett’s last words to Eyes were, “I truly hope I see you on the other side.”

Everett opened their eyes, immediately shutting them again at the brightness of the sky. “We did it Eyes! Well, I mean you did it. How does it feel to be outside for the first time in three years?” Everett was finally able to open their eyes, turning to face their new friend. They were surprised to not see the funky looking Chicoon. They turned in a complete circle, almost expecting Eyes to jump out of a nearby bush. Suddenly, the last words Eyes spoke came flooding back to Everett. They sat down and stared at the sun over the horizon, thinking about Eyes and his sacrifice. “I wish you were here to enjoy this moment with me.” Everett whispered before looking up at the sky. “I hope you are happy where you are, and I greatly admire your decision to stay.” Their eyes shut as they continued to look up. “Maybe you’re staring up at the ‘stars’ in the maze right now. Well, wherever you are and wherever you are going, you will always be on my mind.” Everett smiled as they opened their eyes, eventually walking off toward the horizon.
[295]
thank you for running this booth and for putting so much work into it!! < 3

she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3