Re: A Curious Traveler... Day 12

Postby woofer-moosh » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:14 pm

Username & ID: woofer-moosh + 283946
Chicoon participating: GodFather

Prompt:

GodFather nods slowly, “...I’m a bit old to be climbing walls..” He admits awkwardly, “The maze changes? I didn’t know that..” He says awkwardly, there’s still a lot about the maze he doesn’t know. GodFather watches Eyes start to climb, and when he succeeds GodFather starts to follow, trying to copy the way Eye’s went but much slower.
He stands on the wall with Eye’s and looks at him, “Yes… That did… Look uncomfortable..” He says awkwardly, trying not to sound mean or rude as he genuinely doesn’t mean it to come off that way.

GodFather watches where Eyes gestures, trying to see what he sees, listening to what Eye’s says. He’s having a little trouble trying to keep up as he reaches for the mango but then looks at Eye’s and behind himself, “I don’t..” He trails off as he sees it, “Oh?” He says intrigued, watching the lights with Eyes.

GodFather listens to Eye’s and his theory before looking at the symbols in the sky, “...Close your eyes… Turn around… Then there's a skull and an arch.. Maybe a horseshoe.. I’ll guess arch… Maybe we go there? Not too sure about the skull and bones though.. Seems a bit… Dangerous…?” GodFather tells Eyes, he thinks for a long moment, “Unless what it is really saying.. Is that if we can’t find our way out with our eyes open.. Maybe we have to close our eyes, walk backwards, and move with the maze? Though... That may be a stretch..” [250]

codeword:TheRiddlerDecipher

TH | He/Him
woofer-moosh everywhere

woofer-moosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby space oddity » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:16 pm

Username & ID: space oddity/17099
Chicoon participating (link): petrify

Prompt:

Petrify eyed the top of the maze’s walls, frowning slightly as Eyes grew solemn and began to say how he unsuccessfully tried to climb it before. “We can try just this once!” Petrify said with confidence, before carefully following Eyes up the wall. Petrify took Eyes’ paw when he offered it. She hauled herself over to the top, before collapsing with a tired sigh. Petrify murmured a “thank you” as she took the fruit from Eyes and began to eat it as she listened to him talk. When Eyes pointed out what resembled stars in the sky, Petrify quickly glanced up and gasped. The sky began to reveal a set of symbols. “W-what? This shouldn’t be happening.” She stammered, her eyes darting back and forth. “Maybe it’s a puzzle?” She said, as she began to decipher it. “The closed eye could mean that we need to shut our eyes..” She began, her face scrunching up in thought, “The second part makes me think that we should close our eyes and walk backwards at the same time? Maybe turn around?” She paused for a brief moment. “The last set of symbols means death and the end of something.” She bit her lip nervously. “I think it means that if we ignore the stars and turn around, we could maybe reach the end of the maze but it could lead to death.”
[230]

ImageImage
      --i will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.
      -------------------------------- adult ◦ she/her ◦ intj ◦ dog enthusiast
      icon by genba
space oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Username & ID: shadedk9 652370
Chicoon participating (link): Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4696423

Prompt:

"Honestly.. thats terrifying that the maze changes. I dont even know if it would be worth me trying to climb the walls if it can just change. though does that mean its... alive? thats... worrying." Honeydew eyed the sigils and let out a sigh. "i didnt think id be solving puzzles when i came here. Though i guess i didn't know what i expected honestly...". They placed their hand on the sigils and tried tho think. "I mean.. the eye is sorta of blatant but im wondering if its that straight forward. if it's telling us to close our eyes or if its saying we aren't seeing something. meanwhile the arrow tells me we need to turn around. or maybe.. we shouldn't? im not sure...". Honeydew grumbled while staring at the last signs. "this... is more confusing". they looked over to Eyes as they spoke. "i know that symbol is a greek symbol. it's the symbol omega. The symbol doesn't really have meaning other than the number 800 and the letter O. but thats it:. Honeydew flapped their wings as they scratched at their jaw. "the skull however...is more distressing".
190 words

Last edited by shadedk9 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:21 pm

Username & ID: rainbowpanda101 & 116794
Chicoon participating (link): Max
[/size]
Prompt:

Max followed Eyes up the giant tree and on top of the wall. The maze was amazing. It still seemed so eerie, but Max had to admit that it was also somewhat wonderful. He was still admiring the view when Eyes offered him a mango from the tree. When the other Chicoon's eyes widened and he pointed off into the distance, Max's wings flapped from surprise. "Oh! Wow!" Max squinted as something came into view. "Are those...symbols?" The Chicoon clapped his hands. "They are! I see...an eye...equals...a curved line? Plus...a humanoid figure and...an arrow..." The Chicoon gasped in fear. "And a skull and crossbones! That's not good. But...the sign next to that is the Greek omega sign, which I know can mean the great end." He looked at Eyes. "This has to be about how to find the way out!" Max studied the images in the sky further. "The curved line could be...the eye closed? And the arrow next to the figure looks like its curving, like pointing in 180 degrees. The skull and crossbones is...um...kind of terrifying, as that usually means death or danger, but the omega symbol next to that obviously means the end of the maze." He looked at Eyes again. "Maybe we have to close our eyes and...turn around? Maybe if we move through the maze with our eyes closed, we can find the way out? I know that doesn't make much sense, but this place is quite strange, so it might be worth a shot!" [word count: 250]

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX

female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOPXXXFURSONAXXXTOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈☔🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
XXXXXXXXXX

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaroonCookie » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:54 pm

Username & ID: MaroonCookie + 1014873
Chicoon participating (link): Stripe

Prompt:

Stripe scrutinizes the symbols on the ceiling, trying to put the pieces together in their head. Eyes open, eyes closed, walking equals turning around? And they couldn't figure out the last bit. It seemed more like symbolism rather than an actual step to take. They think on the first two steps for a bit. Maybe it meant they had to close their eyes and turn around, then walk around the maze? Part of them feels like that isn't right, but they also felt that way about climbing to the top of the maze in the first place, and that ended up being right. "I think it means we... need to close our eyes, turn around, and then walk around the maze. And the last bit seems more like symbolism. So it means the end of... something. Could be the end of the maze, could be the end of our lives." They joked weakly, not exactly enjoying the thought of that last outcome. "I'm joking, by the way. Its the end of the maze, I assume." Probably.

hiya!
you can call me mar or maroon :] just a silly little goober who likes to draw sometimes
she/they
Image Image Image

my besties ^_^ val foxy lemon

check out this cool mobile game called dragon village collection and use my invite code if you're interested ! i want free stuff lol

Image Image
MaroonCookie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HallowMoon » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:59 pm

Username & ID: HallowMoon - 1027299
Chicoon participating: Onyx

Prompt:

Onyx would look to the ceiling pondering for some time, “I think I know what the symbols are trying to imply.” Onyx would look to Eyes for a moment before looking to the ceiling, pointing at the symbols in succession “I believe the first one is meant to signify something along the lines of what we can and cannot see, whilst the second one probably means to continue or to turn around and head back the way we came, as for the last one I’m not entirely sure on what they are trying to imply but I do believe that the skull and cross bones is meant to mean one path leads to death, and as for the omega symbol much like what it actually means the other path leads to an end.” Onyx looks to the expanse that is the maze “I’m unsure on if any of that is correct, but one thing i am sure of is that, I want to know what you think.” He’d finish, looking to Eyes with a smile.
[175 words, help]

HallowMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seiku88 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:57 am

Username & ID: seiku88 + 414623
Chicoon participating (link): Halki

Prompt:

On the top of the maze's wall, Halki gazed upon the twinkling lights with Eyes, thinking about the last time he saw the real night sky.

As the starlights started to form a set of symbols, Halki stood up in surprise.
"Wait... what's that...?" He squinted as he tried to focus on the lights. Soon, he perked his wings up as he realized something. "There are symbols in the sky! That must be our next riddle!"

"The top rows look like... Close your eyes... and move backward...?"
"...or it could mean spinning around, but that arrow doesn't look like a circular one..."
Halki continued to explain his interpretation. But when he looked at the last symbols, his face seemed to take on a concerned look.

"And the bottom row is... I'm... not sure, but it looks like it means the end of a warning..."
He paused as he collected his thoughts.
"Okay, let's be positive. I think these symbols mean going through the archway while walking backward with closed eyes would lead us to the exit!" [176]

═════════ ═════════
SEIKU | they/them
────────────────────
+9 CS Time
════════════════════
> TH | > Adopts Storage

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
seiku88

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:21 am

Username & ID: Zentropy & 75749
Chicoon participating (link): Sakura

Prompt:

Sakura graciously accepts the offered hand and tries to find a stable branch to settle on at the top of the mango tree. She looks around and audibly gasps as the view is breathtaking. Sakura is taken aback at the beauty of the magical maze despite it’s known danger and nefarious imprisonment. Since the “stars” are so faint, it’s no wonder that she couldn’t see them from down below. Staring intently now at the flickering lights, the two notice a particular pattern begin to emerge. The fact that there are constellations in an unnatural sky must have something to do with the riddle, but what?
The first constellation is familiar, an open eye and a closed eye. Maybe that means “close one eye” to see the next part of the riddle. The second constellation is also straight forward for Sakura, and she has seen both those symbols frequently. A human and a return arrow, it must mean “turn around.” She mimics her discovery to Eyes, but the third constellation has her stumped. Could it mean “death lies beyond the arch”? Sakura hopes that maybe Eyes might know more about the arch that would help interpret this set of symbols better than she has...wait! Wasn't Eye's store through a unique door? And then, hasn’t the maze been trying to trick those trapped in it this whole time? Sakura gets the idea that to proceed forward, you must act in reverse!
[239 words]

Last edited by Zentropy on Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:00 am

Username & ID: crowthefrostyfloof + 95762
Chicoon participating (link): Mango

Prompt:

Mango hopped up onto the wall and when Eyes handed him the mango he softly tucked it into his scarf and nuzzled it. When he looked up and saw the cipher he thought about it a bit. "I believe the first one is we will truly see the maze with our eyes closed and the 2nd ties to that cuz I think it means we need to turn the corner with our eyes closed, so we don't have the path change. The 3rd plays in maybe by at the end may be doom so I guess we will have to careful." Mango said "Or it relates to the bone booth being at the end." He chuckled out. "I think we def should be careful with our eyes closed cuz incase we bump into a bad thing."
[136 words]

crowthefrostyfloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ki-san » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:41 am

Username & ID: Ki-san 1025193
Chicoon participating: Burst

Prompt:

Looking at the star-like lights on the ceiling, Burst listened to Eyes talking about them. Feeling sad that Eyes got stuck in here for so long, maybe he forgot what actual stars looked liked. Making sure their footing was secured on top of the wall, Eyes stated that there was something on the ceiling. Looking up and squinting, Burst could only make out some strange symbols. One with an open eye and closed one. Another with a figure and arrow, and finally a skull and cross bones with a exit? Burst sat down wondering what they could mean. He pondered for a bit and then looked at Eyes. “I think I may have gotten something.” He pointed his paw to the sky, “ Eyes that are open, should be closed as you walk backwards. But beware of danger as you arrive to the end of the maze.” He looked at his parasitic friend and hoped he maybe made the symbols sound at least some sense.

{word count: 164}
*+*Image*+*
*+Call me Ki or Ki-san+*

Image|Image

*+*Image*+*
Ki-san

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes