Re: A Curious Traveler... Day 12

Postby Zigzagoon » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Username & ID: Zigzagoon 97981
Chicoon participating: Haunt

Prompt:

Haunt climbed up onto the wall behind eyes, sitting down and looking out over the maze. It was quite incredible how vast the space was.
When their attention was drawn to the ceiling, they gasped. "How had I never noticed that before?" They muttered, looking up at the 'stars', as Eyes had described them, and the symbols. What could this all mean?
"You say the lights might be messing with the way we see the maze. That first symbol could be telling us to close our eyes, so we don't see the lights. The second symbol... we have to turn around? Go back the way we came, or physically walk backwards." Haunt hummed.
"That last one... A skull and... omega? The last letter of the Greek alphabet, signifying the end. So, if we go deeper into the maze, there could be death waiting for us at the end. That, or it could represent the archway we passed through - maybe there is danger there." [163]

codeword:TheRiddlerDecipher
════════════
    My Info
    ♕ Zig / Jig / El
    ♕ they/them
    ♕ Feel free to send me a PM!
    ToyhouseCS UMA's
════════════

Zigzagoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:57 pm

Username & ID: LittleMaple + 967464
Chicoon participating (link): Tangerine

Prompt:

Tangerine clambers up the wall behind Eyes, almost falling once he reaches the top. He watches in awe as the symbols appear in the sky(?) He feels fear creep up his spine, but he quickly shakes it off. What could this mean? Eyes… turning… around? Death is omega? Tangerine shakes his head again and shuts his eyes tight, the image burned into his mind. Slowly, he speaks, "I-I think it means that… first, we must close our eyes, maybe? Something like that…" he shakes his head before continuing. "If we run… we will get turned around… and if we step back down… we will die…" His voice waivers for a moment, but returns with power, "I think we need to close our eyes, go slow, and stay up here. We should go where we feel in our hearts is best…" He looks at eyes, a little embarrassed. "Or… at least, that's what I think."

codeword:TREETREETREETREE
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:08 pm

Username & ID: FatalCollapse & 852442
Chicoon participating (link): Nox

Prompt:

Nox thought for a moment before pointing at the last symbol "This symbol is the letter Omega, it's the last letter in the greek alphabet and combining it with this one" he then pointed to the skull and cross bones " could mean dead end". Nox then pointed towards the second group of symbols "I think this one means turn around" Nox then looked at the first group of symbols "I'm not too sure what this one means though". He thought long and hard. "Maybe it means that closing our eyes and turning around will bring us to a dead end. What do you think?" He asked Eyes.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby case » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:14 pm

Username & ID: Case 108699
Chicoon participating: Everett

Prompt:
While listening to Eyes, all Everett could think about was how Eyes mentioned the fact that the maze moved. Did something control the maze, or did the maze have a mind of its own? They squinted at the twinkling lights. “That kinda looks similar to the lights in the maze...” Riddles were never their strong suit. However, they knew that if they wanted to escape the maze, they had to at least try.

“The first set looks like an open eye and a closed eye. Maybe having your eyes open is equivalent to having your eyes closed in the maze? I think we should try to close one eye or both or our eyes. Maybe the lighting in the maze is messing with our perception of things. The second set seems to be saying we should walk backwards, or we should walk around something. Maybe we need to combine the first set and the second set. That would mean closing our eyes, or one eye, and walking backwards, or around. The skull symbol usually means death, and the omega symbol means the end of something. Is death the final end of the maze? I am worried I am interpreting the skull incorrectly though…” Everett mumbled, shifting their feet. “Maybe the skull symbol does not mean something negative for us.” A thought popped into Everett’s head. “Maybe the third set means the death of the maze! Let’s try to do the first and second set of the riddle!”
[247]

she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -roadkill-69- » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:24 pm

Username & ID: -roadkill-69- 825808
Chicoon participating (link): qory

Prompt:

qory frowned, not sure. an eye closing, close our eyes, plus walking, backwards, back the way we came? Close our eyes and walk backwards, and death? qory didn't want to die... and the omega symbol, meaning great closure, a grand ending...

-roadkill-69-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:34 pm

Username & ID: imabanditø 908562
Chicoon participating (link): montgomery

Prompt:

it took him a while, but montgomery successfully climbed the wall - his thoughts were correct! as he noticed the stars, he looked up at them and thought about their meaning. they had to have one, right..? they were definitely ominous, but his brain began working on potential solutions. the first step.. the eyes - “you close your eyes when you sleep,” he began, “and you can also close your eyes to avoid seeing something.. so perhaps the stars are telling us to pretend like we never saw anything? to act ignorant towards something?” it seemed like a stretch, but it was the only thing he could think of.

then.. the next step: “it could refer to turning around,” montgomery said. “then there’s the plus.. retrace our steps and avoid looking back?” the third step stumped him the most. “death and.. omega?” he knew it could be used to refer to the end of something - “the end of the maze is dangerous-?”

then, he had a realization. “what if ignoring the stars and turning around leads to death?” the chicoon paused for a moment. “i feel this is a sign that we should move forward in the maze - to keep going - and that we should be observant and attentive to our surroundings to stay alive.” to be honest, he wasn’t sure if what he was saying was making sense or not. “what do you think, eyes? you seem knowledgeable in this kind of stuff.” [247 words]

— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:53 pm

Username & ID: GreyScale 862594
Chicoon participating (link): Edith:

Prompt:

After climbing on top of the wall Edith sat with Eyes and watched the maze. It was erie the way it moved. almost as if it were alive.
next her attention was toward the constellations. Eyes idea that they were clue to riddle made perfect sense. now she just had to figure it out. What a headache.
"The first part of riddle definitely seems to be telling us to close our eyes. i think. It could be its harder for the maze to deceive us with our eyes closed. or maybe we should close our eyes and let the parasites lead us out. Im not sure." Edith took a moment to think before continuing.
"The second seems to be telling us to turn around. It might mean to retrace our steps but that would hard with the maze constantly changing. It might be possible to retrace our step if we follow the rules of the first part though.
The skull looks ominous, but i dont think its bad. When paired with the omega sign it seems to mean dead end or something but that does make much sense. The omega sign also means an increment of great development so perhaps a dead end is our exit?" With that Edith turned to Eyes to hear his thoughts on the matter.

╔═════════════════════════╗
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
❈ grey // she/they// pms open ❈
my TH | listening to this song on repeat

╚═════════════════════════╝
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HeyoCoyoteHere » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Username & ID: HeyoCoyoteHere 964822
Chicoon participating: Pandora

Prompt:

Pandora stares and gives a small little pat to her satchel, checking on her little friend and watching it eat the massive fruit before turning back to eyes

“HMMM, well maybe the eyes symbolise you! That is your name after all! So I'm with you, good! Check! That means to turn around!” she directs her paw to show him “So we turn around now!” she states and turns with him
“The last symbol I've seen often, as I am from Greek descent! Hence my name!~ Pandora itself means ‘All gifts’ and i was named after a goddess due to my curious nature” she giggles and trots along. “Anyways the last symbol is ‘Omega’ it is a symbol of the end! It's also one of death as death is the end of all life! But not necessarily, as the Greeks believed in reincarnation of the soul!” she chimes “anyways i think it symbolises the arch we’ve already passed!” she happily leads the way back [163]

Yote| She/Her| Prehistoric -
DM's are always welcome
TH
Commissions: OPEN |
Art Trades: Ask |
Requests: Closed

Image Image
HeyoCoyoteHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:34 pm

Username & ID: bakuraas. + 876991
Chicoon participating:Sylvestris

Prompt: (120 words)

"Oh gosh, I've never been good at puzzles hold on a tick..." Sylvestris said with a nervous sort of sigh, looking at the markings and thinking very hard in order to make them into something that made sense mentally. "Well it seems rather... straight-forward. From here, we close our eyes, turn somewhere close to 180 degrees, and then walk forwards. We'll walk through the arch and well... death is a form of freedom, so maybe in this case it simply translates to freedom from the maze? I'd say it's certainly worth a shot, I doubt we'd actually die going through with it... so really the worst case scenario is that we look extremely stupid spinning around with our eyes closed..."

"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:52 pm

Username & ID: Eevee55 + 1033286
Chicoon participating (link): Sara

Prompt:

Sara is happy to hear Eyes has been able to climb the walls before, maybe that means her guess was right! They eagerly follow Eyes, using the tree's branches and accepting a bit of help from Eyes to reach the top. She looks around the maze, amazed by how large it is. Sara is concerned when Eyes seems to look defeated, and tries to be encouraging. "We can figure this out, I know we can!" Following Eyes's gaze, Sara gasps in awe when they see the twinkling blue light. "Stars..." she whispers, staring up at the lights. It seems like stars are quite important to them...
When the sets of symbols appear, Sara does her best to figure out what they might mean. "The first set of symbols looks like eyes, the first is open and the second is closed. The second set looks like a person running, and the arrow might mean they are going around in circles? Then there is a skull and an omega symbol...Well, the skull might mean death and omega means end so together it would be a dead end, right?" Sara thinks for a bit. "Maybe it is trying to tell us that if we run around the maze blindly, we will only ever find dead ends? So if we want to find the exit, we should not just wander around the maze, we need to figure out a plan beforehand? I mean, since the maze can move, that kinda makes sense..."

Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me