Re: A Curious Traveler... Day 11

Postby Zigzagoon » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:42 am

Username & ID: Zigzagoon 97981
Chicoon participating : Haunt

Prompt:

Haunt watched Eyes interact with the little parasite, a small smile appearing on their face - that wasn't a common occurrence. The fact that it had given them a clue as well, that was even better. Haunt repeated the phrase a few times in their thoughts, considering the words. "Does it mean that we should climb the tree? If we get to the top, we should be able to see over the walls. Maybe we can plot a path from there, and see where it leads." Haunt was eyeing the tree already, looking for the best place to start climbing. It wasn't their strong suit, but they were determined - they might also grab a mango or two while they're up there. [120]

codeword:TheRiddler
════════════
    My Info
    ♕ Zig / Jig / El
    ♕ they/them
    ♕ Feel free to send me a PM!
    ToyhouseCS UMA's
════════════

Zigzagoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby case » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:53 am

Username & ID: Case 108699
Chicoon participating : Everett

Prompt:
Everett listened carefully to Eyes as the Chicoon explained the origin story of the mango tree. Hmm, something mysterious is sure going on in this maze. Everett took a cautious step back when Eyes began to speak to the blob. What kind of creature was that, and were they littered throughout the entirety of the maze? Also, how was Eyes able to speak to it?! Everett honked once Eyes was finished with repeating the riddle. How did this creature know a portion of the riddle? “Do you remember if there was any ringing noises going on in any portion of the maze? I remember hearing a sound quite a ways back, but I cannot recall if it was a ringing sound.” Everett paused, reciting the second half of the riddle back to themselves. “I think that the words ‘once more’ are throwing me off. Those two words imply that we already went above and beyond.” Thinking hard, tried to think about the events that came before this present moment. “View the world anew might mean that we have to get a different perspective of the maze.” Everett’s statement was phrased more like a question. “Do you think we should try climbing the tree? Is there a hill or elevated platform nearby?”
[211]

she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Username & ID: Zentropy + 75749
Chicoon participating (link): Sakura

Prompt:

A mango tree? Sakura has never tried such a fruit before, and looks longingly at the one Eyes points out. Maybe she could climb on his shoulders and together they could reach one...Sakura shakes her head and bringing her wandering mind back to the task at hand. The small parasite that Lefty catches is impossibly adorable and Sakura can't help but want to pet or comfort it. It seems to be able to talk to Eyes, maybe because he already has parasites joined with him. It tells Eyes the first bit of the riddle and Sakura can feel the dread rise up within. More puzzles? She's not very good at those, but she has so many new friends now she would hate to disappoint them. The riddle says to go above and beyond once more...what a strange way to phrase that. She wants to ask Eyes, did he ever try climbing the walls before? Maybe they need to look through the holes in the walls? Her wings cover her eyes, ooo why couldn't it just be "follow the butterflies"?
[179 words]

Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HeyoCoyoteHere » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Username & ID: HeyoCoyoteHere 964822
Chicoon participating: Pandora

Prompt:

Pandora slowly listens “well if it was anywhere else it would still be a sapling! 3 years isnt a LONG time! Especially for a tree! It would take 80 or more to get this tall! So it's definitely the soil that's given it the nutrients to grow so big!” she rants “If we were to cut it open i wonder how many rings it would have! OR what it's sap taste like?” she rubs her chin “ah sorry i love to ramble, im naturally curious!” she coos and feels the bark.

Pandora beams “it's cute!” she says happily and sniff snarfs under the tree,
“Can we hand a mango too?” She asks to distract eyes, and lovingly pushes her paws under the tree, she ‘noinks’ the little parasite and happily puts it in her knapsack, petting its head, she's going to research it later! Although very excited to have such a CUTE new friend! She watches eyes happily and writes down the little notes now, beaming contently
[167]

Yote| She/Her| Prehistoric -
DM's are always welcome
TH
Commissions: OPEN |
Art Trades: Ask |
Requests: Closed

HeyoCoyoteHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:15 pm

Username & ID: GreyScale 862594
Chicoon participating (link): Edith

Prompt:

So the tree use to be a mango before evolving into whatever this was. how interesting. and tasty.
Edith listen closely as Eyes talked and was surprised when a blue blob thing popped out. She couldnt tell if it was cute gross. It looked afraid as it talked to Eyes but as soon as it gave them part of the riddle and had the fruit it was gone. Edith didn't blame it, the fruit looked tasty.
When Eyes repeated the riddle back to Edith her head began to spin. What could that even mean? "go above and beyond" gave Edith the idea she could think of.
"Perhaps we should climb the tree??"

╔═════════════════════════╗
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
❈ grey // she/they// pms open ❈
my TH | listening to this song on repeat

╚═════════════════════════╝
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woofer-moosh » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:19 pm

Username & ID: woofer-moosh + 283946
Chicoon participating: GodFather

Prompt:

GodFather watches Eyes curiously and looks up at the mangos, “I’ve never seen a mango like that” He states truthfully. GodFather looks at Eyes, “You grew this tree?? In THREE years??” He says astonished, “I’ve never heard of such a thing.. Guess that’s why it’s fruit glows I suppose..” He mumbles to himself, still in disbelief.
“Powering the maze?” He asks, “What do you mean?” He asks curiously, “How could a maze be powered? …Wait, do you mean all those lights I’ve been seeing?” He asks curiously

GodFather watches Eyes and chuckles, “What do the non-ripe ones taste like?” He asks curiously, but can’t help but feel the excitement from Eyes and flaps his wings back happily and excitedly, showing his excitement about it as well.
GodFather jumps slightly, also surprised, though maybe more so by Eyes sudden movements than the being, though he must admit he’s a little surprised by it as well, having not seen such a thing before. He watches curiously, he’s talking to a blob? Understanding the blob…? What is this? He asks himself, confused of the situation, what is going on here? With this man..?

“Oh.. Like.. What you have..?” He asks awkwardly, still confused by all this but listens to the riddle piece, he looks a little embarrassed and his wings droop slightly, “I’m a little embarrassed to say.. I’m not good with riddles..” He says sheepishly [233]

TH | He/Him
woofer-moosh everywhere

woofer-moosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Username & ID: imabanditø 908562
Chicoon participating (link): montgomery

Prompt:

montgomery gazed at the tree in awe. he wondered about what it looked like years ago! his attention to the tree broke when he noticed lefty focusing on the blob. after hearing that they gave a clue, montgomery quickly went over near eyes as the two sat to discuss the new information.

“hm.. the halls and passageways stuff makes me think of the maze,” montgomery started, “and the ‘one direction rings true’ means that one way is correct.. also like a maze!” he was starting to think that the answer was the maze, based on his understanding of the riddle thus far. “‘above and beyond’ makes me think of the sky, and ‘view the world anew’ makes me think of flying! though.. we can’t really fly here….” he was a little stumped. then, he had a realization. “what if we could somehow find a way to get an aerial view of the maze to find, and follow, the correct path to the end? it could be like we’re imagining we’re flying! i don’t know if it’d be possible though.. we could try climbing the walls to see if there’s a top we can walk on?” [195 words]

— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:07 pm

Username & ID: rainbowpanda101 & 116794
Chicoon participating (link): Max

Prompt:

Max listened, fascinated, as Eyes explained how the tree had come to be. This maze was certainly an interesting place, if it could take a rotted mango and turn it into a gigantic tree like this one in just a few years! He ran his hands over the grooves of the tree, admiring the glow that emanated from them. Max turned when Eyes suddenly started talking to...something. The little blob that Eyes was speaking to was unlike anything that the Chicoon had ever seen. When Eyes said the little parasite blob knew part of the riddle, his heart started racing. This was great! Max listened to the lines of the riddle. "Hmm," he said, slowly flapping his wings as he spoke. "One direction rings true? That must mean the way out of the maze. And go above and beyond to...view the world..." The rainbow Chicoon looked up at the tree. "What if that means getting a new view of the maze? We should climb to the top of the tree and take a look at the maze from up there!" [word count: 180]

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX

female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOPXXXFURSONAXXXTOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈☔🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
XXXXXXXXXX

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:23 pm

Username & ID: Eevee55 + 1033286
Chicoon participating (link): Sara

Prompt:

Sara listens as Eyes explains about the tree, happy to be learning more about it because it honestly does confuse her a bit. Of course, they still have no idea what exactly happened to make it glow, but at least they know why it exists in the first place. She looks over when Eyes suddenly reacts to a small blob; Sara is very curious about it, but sees it seems nervous so she stays where she is and just watches Eyes interact with it, not wanting to scare it off. They are happy to hear the parasite told Eyes part of the riddle.
Sara writes down the riddle while Eyes says it, reading over it a few times and thinking deeply. "Though halls may lie... Maybe that means some of the hallways are just there to deceive us. After all, it also says one direction rings true. So, there are halls that will try to trick us, but we need to just keep going in one direction...? Then, go above and beyond once more... Like, above the maze? I mean, we could climb the tree and look around from up there, but the 'once more' part is confusing me... I have not been able to climb anything and see the maze from up high before, have you?" Sara sighs. "Regardless, it would give us a new perspective, and the riddle also says it will let us view the world anew, so maybe we should give it a try anyway..."

Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Username & ID: FatalCollapse & 852442
Chicoon participating (link): Nox

Prompt:

"Through halls may lie within the passageways one direction rings true. Go above and beyond once more to view the world anew" the little whelp repeated aloud lost in thought. Nox wondered if the 'rings true' line was referring to a bell of some sorts but he could not remember ever hearing a sound while exploring the maze. "Go above and beyond?... Maybe we need to get on top of the maze walls? And from there we will be able to 'View the world anew' by seeing where we're going. Do you think we should climb the tree and try to?" Nox asked the older Chicoon knowing he couldn't climb the walls from the floor.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets