Re: A Curious Traveler... Day 12 (the end)

Postby Eevee55 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:28 pm

Username & ID: Eevee55 + 1033286
Chicoon participating (link): Sara

Prompt:

Sara listens as Eyes talks himself through the riddle as well, thinking he might be on to something with the 'walking backwards' part. That is another interpretation she could see making sense for that set of symbols, and when Eyes suddenly jumps off of the wall exclaiming that he knows where to go, Sara is curious. They jump down as well, and rush to keep up with Eyes as he leads the way to... A dead end. She looks at Lefty to make sure he is alright now that the running seems to be over, then back at Eyes, who begins repeating the steps from the riddle. At Eyes's indication to follow the steps, Sara closes their eyes and starts walking backwards towards the dead end. She feels hopeful; if this works, she and Eyes will be free! As they are taking the final step, they hear Eyes's whisper, saying he is going to stay behind to tell anyone else who ended up in the maze how to get out, and just then their back foot touches the ground where the wall should have been. Suddenly, there is light before her eyes.
Sara opens their eyes and looks around. She is definitely back. But Eyes is not here, and by the sound of what he whispered, it does not seem like he is going to be coming. Nonetheless, just in case, Sara waits there, for minutes and then hours. "Eyes... You could have come too, or I could have stayed there awhile longer..." Sara doubts he can hear them, but speaks anyway. After being there for years, he was probably lonely, and Sara cannot help but feel bad that he is alone in the maze again. She does think it is very nice of Eyes to want to help any other lost Chicoons who ended up in the maze, though. They hope that he will be able to find any other lost Chicoons and then leave the maze and return to this world as well.
By now, the sun is setting, and Sara stays where she is a bit longer. Eventually, the sky grows dark and stars begin to appear in the sky. Sara stares up at them, recalling Eyes's reaction to seeing the lights that looked like stars above the maze. They hope that he will be able to see the real ones soon. "I hope we meet again soon, my friend." she whispers, continuing to stare up at the sky.
(Thank you for running this booth! The storyline was so much fun to interact with!)

codeword:Theeeend
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:35 pm

Username & ID: FatalCollapse + 852442
Chicoon participating (link): Nox

Prompt:

Nox's head wings fell slowly into a sadden droop. Was it really over? He was happy to finally be free from the never ending maze but what about his new friend Eyes and his parasites? He knew why the chicoon decided to stay behind and it was something honorable indeed but the little whelp couldn't help but feel sad to see his new friends leave so soon. He wondered if he would ever see them again. The little chicoon sat down in a patch of grass, and wrapped his tail around his paws and stayed silent for a few minutes before finally standing up again, bowing his head as a silent "thank you" to Eyes before walking off to go find the other chicoons. He'd make sure that Eyes would never be forgotten.
---
Thank you for hosting, Buzz! But why did you have to make the ending so sad *insert miles crying emote*

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:52 pm

Username & ID: Caeleesi / 309551
Chicoon participating (link): Neviah

Prompt:

Neviah gazed up at the sparkling ceiling as eyes talked, nodding along with what he was saying, understanding as he explain. She jumped as he suddenly yelled out "Dead end!", the increase in volume was unexpected and spooked her out of her relaxed state. She curiously followed him down off the wall, jumping straight into his awaiting arms and then rushing after eyes as he starts running through the maze. Adrenaline building, Neviah giggled excitedly - were they about to solve the maze?!

As eyes skidded around the corner, Neviah followed - skidding straight into him as they came to a stop.
"Is this it?" she questioned with interest, following along as eyes did the actions. She closed her eyes, turned with her tail to the wall, and smiled as she spoke up.
"If this works, I'd love to show you my place!"
Just as she spoke, her ears perked up at what Eyes had whispered. Her eyes shot open and she took in a deep breath... Fresh air filled her lungs... and now it was quiet... too quiet. She already missed eyes. It was going to be a long journey home this time.

Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:11 pm

Username & ID: .henloimmabirb. + 778953
Chicoon participating: Gizmo

Prompt:

When Eyes stood up Gizmo looked over to him curiously, his head tilted as he watched him. Gizmo ducked out of the way of his tail and thought to himself for a moment. Were they missing part of the riddle? Gizmo was sure he had solved what it might've been...but maybe his guess at decoding it was far off from what it really means? This was confusing him as he swayed his tail off the edge of the wall a bit, trying to distract himself from his wandering thoughts. The maze was so confusing, and slightly stressful as all the twists and turns, constant changes...he often wondered if there was a real way out of the maze? But then Gizmo let out a surprised squeak when Eyes spun around to face him, he immediately brightened when Eyes said his answer. "You do? Let's go then!" Gizmo smiles back to him, excitement starting to replace the dread within him. He was quick to leap off the wall after Eyes, "Thanks for catching me!" He honks, quickly following after Eyes as the two of them began to run down the corridors.
Gizmo kept his eyes on Lefty to keep track of where Eyes was leading him, the cold stone against his paws would've normally made him shiver, though being in the maze as long as he had been he'd become almost accustomed to the feeling. His thoughts continued to swarm his mind as he followed after Eyes, so much so that he hadn't realized he was skidding to a stop! Gizmo yelped and halted his running to avoid bumping into his friend, after looking to Eyes and watching what he was doing, Gizmo didn't hesitate to copy his actions. He closed his eyes and turned around, beginning to walk backwards with very cautious and slow steps. He kept his hearing open to listen to Eyes words, he could sense the fear and hope that layered his voice. Gizmo truly hoped this would lead them both to freedom from this maze of mysteries. With his eyes still closed, he continued to walk backwards into the dead end, "I hope this gets us out of here and--"
Gizmo gasped as he hardly heard Eyes whisper those words, his heart sank as he felt his backfoot touch the ground and felt the light flash in front of his eyelids, he squinted. "What? Wait-- Eyes!" He honked out, but he was too late. Suddenly he didn't feel the cold presence of the maze on his fur, the cold stone that was once familiar on his paws now replaced with soft grass. "What on earth!?" Gizmo yelped in surprise, as he opened his eyes to see the bright sunlight, sunlight? He got out of the maze? For a split second he felt overjoyed, they made it out! "Eyes we're out! We did it, we made it--" He turned around back to where he was walking backwards to find nothing, and nobody. "E-Eyes...?" Gizmo lowered his wings, taking a glance around at his surroundings. Suddenly he recalled the whisper he heard Eyes tell him, he stayed behind...he didn't leave the maze. Tears began to fill his eyes, they slowly streamed down his cheeks as he walked in circles, his thoughts worried and in a panic about his friend still in the maze.
After a while, Gizmo had to accept this...the maze vanished, he was unsure if there was anyway to even enter the maze again to try and save Eyes...but if he found a maze again, would it even be the same maze he met Eyes in? If the maze changes so much, maybe it changes entirely. He sighed softly, "I'll never forget you Eyes...I understand why you choose to stay, it's very honorable of you to help other Chicoons get out of the maze, I just hope you also get your freedom from the maze." Gizmo looked up to the blue sky, a few birds flew over him as he decided to follow them. "I hope we see each other again sometime, my friend...all the best to you, and be safe!" Gizmo hoped that maybe Eyes could hear him from where he was in the maze...he was unsure if he could, but he held onto the hope that he might've heard him. With that hope, Gizmo started on his journey back home. He made a promise that day, to never forget Eyes or the maze, he vowed to keep it alive as well as a permanent memory in his heart.
"Suppose I should head home now...not sure what else I can do." He looked around as he walked, in the distance he could see the outlines of a town. It wasn't where he stayed, but it was a town, it would be a good place to get himself back in the loop of the real world. What new adventures laid ahead of him now he wondered, although going home and getting a good rest sounded like a great idea to Gizmo, he didn't recall ever sleeping during his time in the maze. After resting he'll be in a more clearer mindset of what to do next. "I think a good nap will be good...maybe that'll calm me and make this, not great situation...feel better." He spoke to himself softly, a little bit of optimism in his voice as he smiled a bit.

>Forgot to add this in, hope it's oki to edit it in, thanks for running this booth Buzz! It was so much fun, loved every moment of the story!:D

Last edited by .henloimmabirb. on Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:20 pm

Username & ID: LittleMaple + 967464
Chicoon participating (link): Tangerine

Prompt:

Tangerine opened his eyes slowly to the sunlight, gazing into the grass. He was shocked to feel grass under his paws, stepping around to make sure he wasn't dreaming. His eyes lit up and he jumped around, rolling in the grass. He started laughing, wings flapping in his face. He sat up, realizing what this meant. He could see Raindrop again!! He leaped with joy and ran out of the field, off to find his lover!! In the back of his mind, though, he did wonder about Eyes. Where were they? Did they… stay in the maze…? He shook his head, trying to shake the thought from his head. Eyes was totally okay! Yeah… totally...

(This booth has been so much fun, even though I joined late!! Ty!)

maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Username & ID: GreyScale 862594
Chicoon participating (link): Edith

Prompt:

Edith nodded in agreement with Eyes and followed through with steps. What an odd way to escape but it worked and they were both freed from the maze.
Edith had never been happier, the maze could have definitely been worse. But it was bad enough being stuck there for two weeks. Edith is just glad she met Eyes and managed to escape and they managed to get out together. He is probobly way happier then she was considering he had been down there for so long.
Faint sounds and smells of the fall festival down below seeped into the air around them. Just like it had been when Edith left. It almost felt surreal.
After taking it all in, Edith turned to Eyes and asked with a small smile.
"Would you like to go see the festival together? I'm sure its been forever since you have been to one and i would kill for some cotton candy."
If nothing else, at least she met a friend while stuck in the maze.

Tysm for hosting this booth<3 it was a lot of fun !
╔═════════════════════════╗
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
❈ grey // she/they// pms open ❈
my TH | listening to this song on repeat

╚═════════════════════════╝
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby space oddity » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:17 pm

Username & ID: space oddity/17099
Chicoon participating (link): Petrify

Prompt:

Petrify frowned slightly as Eyes commented how he did not think wandering around in the dark with their eyes closed would be productive. She was about to make a snarky remark when he continued to ramble about what the symbols might mean. “Hey!” Petrify yelled, as Eyes had turned around with his eyes closed and proceeded to smack her on the nose with his tail. She rubbed her throbbing nose with her paw, grumbling something under her breath. However, Petrify perked up when Eyes mentioned the Omega symbol that she had originally pointed out. “Dead end? Yes, that must be it!” She jumped to her feet excitedly. Before she could say anything else, Eyes jumped down from the wall and then held his arms out to catch her. “Uh…that’s a far way to jump.” She said nervously, the fur on her neck raising slightly. “I guess I trust you.” She muttered to herself, before crashing clumsily into the other Chicoon. “Sorry..” Petrify chuckled, before dusting herself off and rushing down the corridor with Eyes. When they reached a stone wall. She nodded her head as Eyes instructed her to close her eyes and walk backwards into the wall. “You’re going to regret making me do this.” She teased as she walked backwards with her eyes shut. Suddenly, she heard Eyes whisper something, and before she could plead with him, she was thrown back into her own world. Petrify’s eyes flew open, ready to scramble forward to stop Eyes from staying behind, but she was too late. She sighed. I can’t believe he did that. Stupid Chicoon. She thought, feeling tears bite at the corner of her eyes. She did not want to admit it, but she had grown fond of the strange Chicoon. She wiped them away and stood up, turning around to take in the familiar sights of her home. It was good to be back.

Thanks for hosting this!! It was so much fun and might have been my favorite to write. ;w;

ImageImage
      --i will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.
      -------------------------------- adult ◦ she/her ◦ intj ◦ dog enthusiast
      icon by genba
space oddity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:19 pm

Username & ID: rainbowpanda101 & 116794
Chicoon participating (link): Max

Prompt:

Max's thudding heart beat began to slow down as he realized he was out of the maze. Could it really have been that simple, to just walk backwards through a dead end of the maze? He was glad that his new friend had figured it out, especially after all the time he'd spent being stuck in the maze. He let out a loud whoop and turned to celebrate with Eyes, but there was no one there. Max blinked as he looked around. Where was his friend? Max's wings drooped as he slowly realized what Eyes had said just before Max had gone through the wall. Eyes had been so close, so very close, to getting out of that crazy place, and he'd chosen to remain so that he could tell others that were stuck how to get themselves out and back to their families. He felt sad that he hadn't gotten to know Eyes more. Did Eyes have family out here, wondering where he'd gone? Max thought about his family. Had he been gone long enough for them to realize he'd been missing? Either way, he would be awfully glad to see them. "Goodbye, Eyes," Max whispered, a cool autumn breeze rustling through his colorful fur. "Thank you for helping me get back to my family. I hope I'll get to see you again someday." The rainbow Chicoon headed off, ready to find his mate and their kids to give them all a big hug. [word count: 245]

Thank you so much for putting on this event! ~<3 This booth was so much fun, and I really enjoyed it!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX

female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOPXXXFURSONAXXXTOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈☔🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
XXXXXXXXXX

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HeyoCoyoteHere » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:09 pm

Username & ID: HeyoCoyoteHere 964822
Chicoon participating: Pandora

Prompt:

Pandora scoffs gently “This riddle is stupid!” she says prissily as she wasn't right about everything, she snootily stomps after eyes, this was no fun at all! Oh Well at least she got a little buddy! She checks her satchel and smiles, giving little smoochie noises at the parasite, giving it little happy kisses before closing her knapsack and cantering after the odd chicoon! She ‘harumpffs’ as she sees the outside and watches Eyes' reaction, “Well that was frustrating! But I'm glad we are finally out of there!” she chimes softly “Where will you go now? And what will you do?” she asks as she watches how beautiful the scenery is

Thank you Buzz for this amazing booth! I had so much fun~! And i can't see what you have planned next for eyes! And his next adventure <3

[139]

Yote| She/Her| Prehistoric -
DM's are always welcome
TH
Commissions: OPEN |
Art Trades: Ask |
Requests: Closed

HeyoCoyoteHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woofer-moosh » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:19 pm

Username & ID: woofer-moosh + 283946
Chicoon participating: GodFather

Prompt:

GodFather watches Eyes, “Well I warned you that I wasn’t good at riddles” He chuckles softly watching him curiously, “...Didn’t you just say… Closing your eyes and all that wouldn’t wor-” He grunts as he gets hit with Eye’s tail. He rubs his nose, “Ow…” He grumbles, “Okay… Well… It didn’t SOLVE the riddle, but it showed you the way!” He huffs and awkwardly looks at Eye’s “Oh uhh,,, I’ll slide down! But thank you!” He grunts as he slides off the wall, his old bones too fragile for just jumping off something so high.

GodFather runs with Eye’s as best as he can, trying to keep up. As he runs he can’t help but make eye contact with Lefty as their a large part of his vision while they run. He skips to a stop when Eye’s does, having not expected that. GodFather does what he’s instructed, “Hey! I still said to do this!” HE huffs as he gets close to the wall, “Wait- What??” He asks as he steps through the wall, maybe his hearing is poor, or maybe it didn’t register, or maybe he just doesn’t understand WHY he’d want to stay behind.

GodFather grunts, blinking and rubbing his eyes to the blinding light, “Where… Am I..” He asks as his eyes adjust. He looks around confused and concerned, what about all those other chicoons? He wonders to himself. He looks around and picks some wildflowers nearby before gently laying them down where the maze had been. “Good luck kid” GodFather bows genuinely, to his friend who stayed behind to save him, before turning and heading home. Hoping one day he may hear about the Amazing Eyes telling his tales, writing stories, and living a good life outside of the maze.

Hey, Buzz I know you've been super busy throughout this event but I really appreciate everything and the story you provided, I enjoyed putting my grumpy old chicoon through it! It was a lot of fun! Thank you again, Buzz! I can’t wait for the next one! : D [342]

TH | He/Him
woofer-moosh everywhere

woofer-moosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me