Re: Kalon #1350

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:54 pm

mark
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleNeko » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Username: MapleNeko
Name: Rin [the sound of a bell]

A Ƭαℓє σƒ Ƈσмραηισηѕнιρ αη∂ Lσуαℓту
The Shrine guardian sat next to what had been his home for many years. The meek little shrine while seeming small and insignificant, still played a part of the daily rituals of many locals who would come to ring the shrines bells and pray for many different reasons. It was Rin’s job to listen to them and hear out their prayers. His split tail swayed back and forth contently. As he lounged atop the little shrine he thought about how he had come to this place he loved so dearly and became the care taker of.

The nameless Kalon trudged through the dark forest and blowing snow, his whiskers frosted over, his coat caked in snow. As he blindly wandered through the numbing powder his movements began to slow and he lost his footing more often. Just when he thought he wouldn’t be able to continue he bumped into something.

He lifted his face and opened his eyes that had been shut to ward of the precipitation. In front of him was a modest wooden and stone structure, with his sluggish state of mind it took him a few moments to recognize the structure as a shrine. In relief he heavily heaved himself into the small opening at the front of the shrine and collapsed in a shivering puddle of fur within. It wasn’t much but the small shrine protected him from the elements and that was enough for him, Exhausted and numb, He fell asleep.

He startled awake to the sound of a bell being rung, the clear sound reverberating against the inside of the shrine. Forcing his muscles to lift him from where he was sitting the young Kalon stuck his head outside. He was greeted face to face with and elderly priest. With a ducked back in and pretended he wasn’t there. “Ho, ho, ho” he heard a voice speak up, ”What have we here! A little lost spirt?” He quickly backed into a corner a small hiss escaping his lips. “Oh hush now you silly thing, im not going to hurt you” Before he could do anything a hand reached in placing a lit candle near him and a few pieces of fruit.

“That fruit was supposed to be part of my offering today, but I doubt the gods would be happy if I left their guest hungry and cold.” He hesitantly shuffled closer to the heat and licked up a few berries from the fruit presented, “Thank you” he muttered quietly. ThePriest laughed, “Why aren’t you a shy little thing! Well enjoy your food and stay as long as you need ok little kalon, the Gods obviously invited you into their home so stay until you feel well enough to move on.”

The next day the Priest returned, bringing more food with him, and this time the little kalon accepted the food more readily, they didn’t converse much but the presence of the old man comforted him. Days of the same routine turned into weeks, than into months and eventually into years. As they got to know each other he became attached to the old man, they often joked and thrived in each other’s company. The old priests name was Fumiaki Akihito, he was one of the few who continued to upkeep the shrine for the locals to pray at.

One day out of the blue Fumiaki sat next to him, absently stroking his fur and asked “Little buddy, do you have a name?” “I was never given one” he replied. The old Priest hummed and said “Is it ok if I give you one?”
He paused “yes” “Than I shall call you Rin, For the sound of the bell that drew us together on our first meeting” ”Rin” he whispered, the old man continued” I’m getting old, my limbs don’t move as they once had and the days grow ever shorter, I’m worried for the future of this place, Rin, I have a favour to ask of you, but will you please watch over the shrine when im gone “ Unexpected emotion flooded into Rin as he stared at his ailing best friend and companion, “I would do anything for you my old friend, So until others no longer have need of this place, I will guard it for you” Rin saw a tear streak down the old man’s face, ”Thank you Rin, Thank you”

It was that sad day that they said good bye for the final time, Rin mourned for the loss of his companion, but was determined to keep this place of refuge and prayer safe as he’d promised for many years to come, and through his conviction he earned the blessing of a long life and his split tail as guardian of the Nekomanta’s Shrine
[795/800]

Last edited by MapleNeko on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AngelsRuin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:56 pm

~~ tentatively marks ~~
AngelsRuin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paints » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm

mark
the cover has me intrigued!!
iImage
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
┌─────────┐

Yes, I stan Tom
Holland, who doesn't?
I don't use CS anymore
So contact me by other
means eg Insta! ♡

└─────────┘
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ix░░░░░░░░░░
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ix - - - - - ©credit
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xi██████████
xi██████████
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iImage
Paints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:21 pm

don't connect rip, but congrats to whoever wins!
Last edited by sillies on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❧ 大和怪異記 ☙

Postby witchcrafting » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Full name:: Kaede Theodotus
Mysterious || Elegant || Insightful || Persuasive || Stoic || Teacherly || Unfoolable || Well-read
Artful || Earthy || Noncompetitive || Old-fashined || Self-conscious || Skeptical || Unhurried || Whimsical
Bewildered || Cowardly || Disorganized || Egocentric || Naive || Perverse || Regretful || Timid

______________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Legend says the felines roam the mountains of Riverside. Unbeknownst to the residence of such a beautiful place, the rumours are not just rumours. They are real.
Kaede wasn’t exactly the God of the north like everyone worshipped, however they were still a guardian of that said God. They still had a name in the books.
Yellow was said to be the colour of the guardian that watched over the North at the right hand of the all powerful Northern God.
“The glow! The Halo! Our guardian!”
Kaede was a blessed gift to the North. Kaede didn’t even know their original parents.
They were one of four siblings. They didn’t grow up to learn that, but they figured there was more to their story than just being a lucky blessing.
It wasn’t until they were 14 that they learned about their original family. They learned of their three other siblings: Yuki, the guardian of the East. Erza, the guardian of the South. And Knox, the guardian of the West. They all had the same part in this world; be a guardian.
Kalons of the North were asking for their guardian, and Kaede was the only other Kal who had the chance to take up that title. So there they were, a young teen, around 14, being given a choice they were said in stories of Riverside to have. It was prophesy.

“Do I have to..?” Kaede’s voice quiet, as they usually were when they spoke.
Their Elder, Ridge, caressed their hair slightly, brushing their hair with a brush in her other hand. “Your siblings, Kaede, are being asked the same questions, at the same age as you. I know it must be a lot to take in but you’ll do Riverside a lot of good. All of your siblings will.”
Ridge was a very sweet, lady, yet she was always very blunt and straightforward. She was a perfect Elder for the Theodotus family. Their parents appreciated all the work Elder Ridge did for them, and it was only right to help young Kaede decide what to do.
“I.. I think I’ll do what I can to help Riverside, Elder.. I want to be a guardian!” Kaede smiled. “I want to be a teacher, just like you! Like what my parents wanted!”

From age 14 to their current age, which is unknown, Kaede learned how to be a guardian, and they are still learning. They were very self-conscious about how well they’d take up the roll of a guardian. They were different from their siblings. While their siblings had two tails, Kaede had one for the time being. It made Kaede feel out of place whenever their siblings got together.

“How did you do it?”
“Do what?” One of Kaede’s siblings asked.
“Get two tails..? Were you born like that?”
“No.” Another one of Kaede’s siblings replied. “I was told you had to earn it!”
“Earn it how?”
“Fulfilling the first term of being a guardian. That’s how we did it! I think..”
“No, no! You earn it when you earn it. The God has to approve of when! Maybe there’s something you still have to do!”

Kaede did not know what they had to do to earn their second tail; to become a full guardian. They were cowardly. They didn’t know what to do. They were scared.

“Do not be scared.”
Ridge laid on a grass patch, below the white tree where Kaede felt safe and never afraid. They grew up with the white tree.
“Elder.. I don’t know what to do.. I haven’t earned my second tail.”
“You will in due time, Kaede.” Ridge was wise. She knew what to say in times of need. “Do not doubt yourself. The God chose you to be a guardian. He has put faith in you, because he trusts you. He knows you are meant to be the guardian, and you do not need to be afraid.”
Kaede trusted Elder Ridge. They loved Elder Ridge. The advice that was given by the wise Elder was always Kaede’s favourite.
“Tell me, Kaede, what will you do? As a guardian.”
“Protect those who need me. Riverside needs me. I will teach them what you taught me. I thank you for the life you have given me, and I will take what you have taught me to the future of Riverside.”
The soft glow of Kaede’s shine was more prominent. It glowed and glowed and there, Kaede looked back and saw the split of their tail. Unlike their siblings, this was a split. It was different. Like the way they were going to serve as a Guardian.
“You are not like your siblings.” Ridge spoke, her eyes closed as they always were. Never opened, but all seeing. “You are different, and so are your tails."

{ 800 words || 4,222 characters }

Last edited by witchcrafting on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elio. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:16 pm

quick ma rk
" please forget me not "

semi hiatus. please don't contact me unless it's important (ie. commissions)
elio.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm

mark

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset