Re: lost kamper #1 - wild boar

Postby Meduz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am

username; jellyfish.lucy
name; Benjiro
gender; Male
kamper/roll call form; Dexter
prompt;

Dexter was walking along by the swamp, he walked briskly with his head down and clutched a bottle of bug repellent. The swamp was his least favourite place in the Kamp. Especially in the evening, when the sun faded the bugs appeared in it's place - fat flapping moths with furry wings, noisy buzzing flies that make your skin crawl and miniscule gnats that choke the air and threaten every breath - Dexter hated bugs. He also hated the murkiness of the swamp; anything could have been out there. Dexter's eyes flicked over towards the lake, a pair of red eyes glowed in the moonlight. He vaugely remembered a counsellor saying she usually hung out by the lake so tried to convince himself that the eyes belonged to her, but he didn't remember her eyes being such an alarming red. His pulse accelerated and his heart lept in his chest. "H-hello??" He called towards the eyes, praying that there would be no response.

The eyes moved a dark mouth with large teeth opened beneath them, "Hello," he mouth spoke. Dexter's fists balled and pressed into his thighs.

"Who are you?" Dexter spluttered. Everyone is familiar with the fight or flight reaction, but these are not the only responses to intense fear - many people freeze or flock. Dexter's eyes darted around hoping that counsellor would come and rescue him from the toothy mouth and red eyes, but his feet were rooted to the spot.

"Um I'm lost - " a not-that-scary voice came from the ever-so-scary mouth. As Dexter's eyes adjusted he noticed the shape of a person stood there covered in what appeared to be swamp...

Dexter bravely reached out to the kalon, "You know you really should come out from there... There are probably alligators around. Why don't you let me lead you back to camp? Don't be shy I just came down here to look at the moss and lichen."

"Okay," the kal said, taking Benji's outstretched paw "I'm Benji by the way"

"I'm Dexter," Dexter continued "see here the lichen always grows on the Northern side of the trees, if you follow the river down southwards you'll always be able to find your way home from the swamp. Lichen usually grows on the north side of the tree so that it can get sunlight, it also grows on trees so it has easy access to water. You see lichen can't circulate water around within itself so needs access to water everywhere. Isn't that fascinating? What's your favourite plant?"

Dexter seems like such a quiet kal until he starts bubbling over with facts about the few things he considers harmless: certain varieties of plants, rocks, the solar system and a few other niches. Benjiro walked comfortably alongside the smaller kal chatting about the different plants they could see around. He was charmed by Dexter's wealth of knowledge, kindness and bravery.
Last edited by Meduz on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

β—€xxxxxxβ—₯
οΌ¨ο½…ο½Œο½Œο½οΌ

π™»πš’πš—πš”πšœ:
π™Όπš’ π™ΊπšŠπš•πš˜πš—πšœ
Blue Rose auction

β—£xxxxxxβ—’
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 am

username; Silver Pandorica
name; Carter
gender; Male
kamper/roll call form; Harper
prompt;
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lost kamper #1 - wild boar

Postby hellb0und » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am

┐
β”‚
β”‚
β”˜
x
USERNAME inferno,
NAME koi (after a koi
fish)
GENDER male
ROLL CALL FORM cedric
β”Œ
β”‚
β”‚
β””
Cedric nonchalantly wandered down the dirt trail, enticed by the paw prints
left by previous wanderers, interested in where they led. As the male continued
stalking forward, he noticed dusk was quickly ceasing, transforming into the nigh
t. He remained bold but allowed a newfound vigilance to play a role as well. Afte
r all, he was brave but he also wasn't stupid. Camp or not & regardless of his love
for the woods, assuming there were no threats at this time was delusional. Cedric
usually carried around a pocket knife while out, but he'd known better than to dr
ag it to camp with him. Which meant he'd had nothing but his fists to defend him
self with, & those up against a grizzly bear with an average weight of 600 pounds
wouldn't even make a dent. Then his paws hit the ground once more, but this tim
e it wasn't solid no- it was damp. This signaled automatically that there was a sw
amp or a pond nearby. The shallow croaks of frogs & buzzing of bugs came into h
earing distance. No longer was his focus set on the paws since faded, but rather
exactly what body of water he had come across. Perhaps not a record-breaking d
iscovery, but he hadn't seen much else than the frequent bird, chipmunk, squirrel,
& of course teeming plant life. Squinting, a few careful steps forward & it came i
nto view... but what was behind it? A cave? What an odd find. Now this, this was
fascinating. He moved around the swamp & in the end right before it. Large & rou
gh around the edges as expected with a gaping black hole that was far from inviting.
Holding on to nothing but his wits, he began shuffling inside the abyss. Until a te
rrifying rumble echoed from deeper within, nearly sending him fleeing, but instead
encouraging him to remain where he was. Immobile & barely breathing, yet his heart
raced. The unknown thing came into view, but it wasn't a monster as he'd expected.
It was a Kalon. Now entirely devoid of words, he waited for the thing to speak. Of
course, it didn't. "Uhm.. hello? My name's uh- Cedric, and you are?" absolutely no ans
wer. Just eerie, heavy silence. Panicked, yet he wanted to figure out what it was do
ing- out here, all alone... what if he'd taken it back to camp? He'd have to cajole it
out first. He began moving back, his paw oscillating to signal "follow", but it didn't.
He returned back to his original position & noticed the koi fish on the Kalon's side, ti
lting his head he pointed at it, "Ever seen a fish?" The Kalon raised an eyebrow, "The
thing, on your side." It's head averted down, shaking. "No? Come with me then, I'll sh
ow you one." Cedric walked toward the mouth of the cave, able to hear the Kalon m
oving behind him.
Last edited by hellb0und on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nebulavery » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:41 am

username / nebulavery
name / tristan
gender / male
kamper/roll call form / atticus
prompt / x/500 words
    wip!
    - he lisps a bit bc of his big ol tusks
    - atty finds some sort of eldritch horror n assumes it's a normal bug
    - "yeah some bugs are weird but i'm sure that has some ecological function!"
    - poor tristan is worried she's gonna like,,, get zapped to another dimension
Last edited by nebulavery on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avery β€’ they/them β€’ artist
ImageImageImage
mostly inactive. yes, i still love my adopts.
nebulavery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solasta » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:52 am

username; solasta
    name; venturo
    gender; male
    kamper/roll call form; kafe
    prompt; res
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 am

username. zakuro.
    name. makoto - truth, reality.
    gender. cis male
    role call form. Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&start=320#p119727632

prompt. in a flash of light, i was barreling out of the sky and crashed on the ground in an alien forest. my mind was swimming. i was losing consciousness. the side of my head felt wet, and as i brought my paw up to it my white fur was stained scarlet. i was so tired. couldn't i sleep?

my body screamed no. i forced myself to sit up, and to stumble around following the sound of running water to a cold creek. i closed my eyes and dunked my head under the water, letting it seep into my wound and cool my throat. above the water, i studied the creatures within it. what are these strange beings? four-legged, and they appeared to have large claws...

"they're crayfish." a reflection appeared in the water behind me. naturally, i spun around and sized up my opponent. though, they seemed soft and nonthreatening.

"what?" i replied. how had she known of my pondering?

"i... saw you looking at them. they're crustaceans, which means they have a shell. they like to burrow in the mud by water." she sat beside me on the ground. "don't bother them, or you'll get snapped by one of their pincers. it hurts like hell."

hell hurts way worse than anything she could imagine.

"who are you, and why have you sought me?" i puffed my chest out. after all, i am the demon prince. i should be treated with the utmost respect.

"my name is eliza, and i should be asking why you are here. you're on a restricted campground at 4 in the morning..." the corners of her lips turned upwards in a soft smile. i frowned and looked away. a mere mortal, questioning me of all people.

"i am makoto, prince of the demon world." i snorted. then parts of my memory came flooding back to me. "or... i was. i used to be. i did something awful, i think." i placed my hand over the gash on my head that was now clotting. i became downcast.

"there's fuzzy edges. i'm not quite sure what happened, but i was hurtling downwards from up in the air and i ended up here." i don't know why i was being so open. my insides were aching and my stomach churned. i turned to eliza sharply.

"would you bring me something to eat? preferably a boar, but i could do with something else."

she looked shocked. "you expect me to be able to hunt a wild boar? you're crazy."

"maybe," i said. i looked at her sideways. "but what's wrong with that?"

eliza laughed quietly and took a snack wrapped in a foil wrapper out of her pocket. she leaned her head on my shoulder and took a bite out of the bar. offering it to me, she muttered these words i will never forget:

"i like you, makoto."

480/500
Last edited by zakuro. on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 am, edited 20 times in total.
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 am

username; MotherMother
name; Wilbur
gender; male
kamper/roll call form; Dean
prompt;
As dusk approached, Dean admired the letter from home in the diminishing sunlight. It was sappy and embarrassing, but the loving words from his ma and pa made him feel both very big and very small. He glanced around, making sure no one had spotted him. He didn't want the other kampers to make fun of him for such an ooey gooey letter from his mommy.
He gave the letter a kiss and tucked it between the roots of a hundred year old oak that marked the edge of the forbidden forest. Scanning kamp once more, he scampered off and joined the others in time for a spooky bed time story and climbed into his bedding.

This night was particularly quiet. The wind barely whispered through thick fir boughs and clouds seeped in front of the moon in an attempt to blanket the land in darkness. An uncomfortable urge pulled Dean from his slumber, so he slipped out of his bunk and snatched up a flashlight to lead him to the facilities.

As he dragged his feet through the cool, dewy grass, his eyes flicked to the forbidden forest. He shuddered. In the day time it had been quite easy to sign up and eagerly await the exploration of ancient trees, but in the night it was vastly more haunting. Every shadow moved, and Dean squinted to decider if this was just the branches swaying in the breeze or an evil being. He brushed off the glint of two shining eyes and told himself he was imagining it. When he saw them blink, however, his breath cut off and he froze, staring back into the sparkling orbs.

He wanted to run back and plunge into his bedding, surrounded by others whose numbers made him feel safe. But a twinkling feeling, something like curiosity, drew him to step towards the forest.

The two eyes revealed themselves when their owner shifted from behind the hundred year young oak. What was a kamper doing out here in the middle of the night? Furthermore, what was a kamper doing next to his oak? Oh no, had he seen the hidden letter? Filling with anger and embarrassment he confronted the kamper.

"Who are you?" Dean asked gruffly.
The kamper calmly smiled to show his lack of intent to harm. "I'm Wilbur." He whispered.
"What are you doing out here so late?" Dean inquired.
"I could ask the same thing," Wilbur smirked. Then, his head disappeared into the tree.
Alarmed at first, Dean jumped. Then he saw that Wilbur was looking up inside the hollow of the tree. Dean hadn't noticed before that it was hollow.
"What's there?" He asked
Wilbur reappeared. "Bats."
Dean peered up. Looking down at them, hanging by their toes, were black caped creatures.

Bats, creatures who were misrepresented as darkness and evil. Creatures who tried to speak but no one could hear them.
Wilbur was a bat, with a voice no one heard. No one but Dean.
They admired them together.
Last edited by MotherMother on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby θ–„ζ‘œι¬Ό » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm

username; θ–„ζ‘œι¬Ό
name; huā ("flower" "花")
gender; male
kamper/roll call form; pip
prompt;

res
θ–„ζ‘œι¬Ό

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Etherial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:40 pm

username;
name;
gender;
kamper/roll call form;
prompt;
omg res
DA - art shop <3 - they/them

hello i'm a mess ethy! I love art, animation and animal crossing :).
    I'm always open as support or even to just chat so feel free to shoot me a pm <3.
Etherial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby α΄‡ΚŸΚŸΙͺᴏᴛ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

username; OOFER
name; Pisces