. . . ☽ U A L I T Y . Y T I L A U ☾ . . .

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:44 pm

( in this form , please click full view of the art pieces ! they are very large . egral yrev era yeht ! seceip tra eht fo weiv lluf kcilc esaelp , mrof siht ni )

--
800 WORDS
kalon name: olga
username: chunkypeanutbutter
(not used in this story, because she is a nameless legend here.)
--

A story told, from an unknown year, to a young kit from her grandparent.

"Why, who is that kalon that you see engraved in the head of all of our antique mirrors, you ask?
Well, my child, before we get to bed, I will tell you a story my grandmother told to me when I was your age.

The kalon in the mirror is... well, rather was, a young girl just like you. She loved to pick flowers in the woods for her grandmother, and waited anxiously for each coming spring to collect the daffodils that would grow. They were her grandmother's favorite color -- yellow -- and, as she was slowly losing her sight with age, the only color she could still see brightly through her cloudy eyes. As the years went on, the new crops of daffodils she had noticed crept ever so slowly into the forest. Eventually, they had started growing so deep in the forest, she could barely see her own paws in the dark woods.

"The sun was beginning to set, but the young kalon couldn't tell because it had gotten so dark, she forgot her way home and kept moving aimlessly deeper and deeper into the woods. It was beginning to get cold... she let out a pitiful whimper as she realized she was completely and hopelessly lost. Suddenly filled with anger and frustration at herself for getting into this mess, she started stomping around kicking up sticks and branches, taking her anger out on the forest itself. As she cleared the dead brush in her blind rage, she discovered a path leading down towards something glimmering.

"As she wandered towards the source, she noticed a strange humming sound growing the closer she got -- a wavering tone, like a bell holding onto its last ring. She found herself suddenly stricken with malaise, and she couldn't identify exactly what it was that had been affecting her. Finally coming to the source of the light, she found herself surrounded by beautiful, glowing yellow flowers she had never seen. Before her was a great lake, glowing brightly under the light of the moon and the glorious blooms that edged it. She felt compelled to walk closer towards the lake until she found herself sinking deeper and deeper.

"When she awoke, she found herself in a deep, deep blackness. Not a crumb of light to be found... her breath quickened, and she suddenly realized she could not move. She was stuck, in...what seemed to be a giant mirror on the floor. Her eyes slowly adjusted and she saw a single figure standing above her. She yipped angrily, trying to find some way to blame them for her silly predicament. The creature yipped back. She shouted, "You there! I've gotten lost in the woods... can you please fetch me some help?" The creature echoed back: "PLEH EMOS EM HCTEF ESAELP UOY NAC SDOOW EHT NI TSOL NETTOG EVI EREHT UOY."

...."What??"

"TAHW."

.... "Excuse me?"

"EM ESUCXE."

".... She was just mad at this point.

"The creature refused to say anything else but these garbled mockings, and she was just simply fed up. Her day was going just swimmingly so far. She fueled her rage by reminding herself of everything that happened that night and used her new-found anger-strength to drag herself around until she could finally move. Her tail was still snagged in the mirror... she pulled and pulled but could not take it out. With one final ounce of strength she forced herself through. The mirror caused her tail to split, a reflection of itself left over from her trial. Staring eye-to-eye with the strange, wobbly creature, she felt her sanity dripping away and everything suddenly went black.

"When she awoke, she found herself lying in the forest surrounded by the luminescent yellow flowers. She felt ... very strange, and there was what felt like bright sunlight on her face. As she gazed into the lake, she had discovered she had been drained of all color save for glowing wisps that had caught herself to her face and tail. She realized what she had become -- a beast, able to travel between two worlds. She could see her grandmother in her kitchen, her mother putting up her makeup, a salesman viewed from many different angles at a mirror shop.

"She had gained a divine knowledge through her trial -- something that she simply could not just walk away from. Here, she could see everyone in the world at once through her mirrored land, and if something went awry she could lend a hand through them. She protects us, and keeps constant vigilance to make sure we're alright. That's why we hang her image over every mirror, as tribute. And someday, perhaps, if you were to summon her, she would come...

"Good night, my child."

Last edited by chunkypeanutbutter on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petrify » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm

mark !
petrify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1350

Postby Meridiem » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Meridiem
Last edited by Meridiem on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lowpolypony » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:31 pm

mark?!!
NAACP Legal Defense Fund
please read my rules before sending a trade
lowpolypony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olive oil » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:15 pm

:00 mark
olive
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
█ ▐
signature is a wip lol
art to the left by me
kal storage
my deviantart
olive oil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:19 pm

mark why not

pure.crazy
Name; Lore?

nekomata
eyes = lantern for lost travelers
often gets mistaken for being the reaper's pet, honestly just tries to help
Last edited by peppermintleo on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zuu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:24 pm

accidentally double posted whoops
Last edited by Zuu on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Mark 2 see
who this child will be
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DECALIUS » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:41 pm

mork

⛧🜏 neo 🜏⛧
he/him
DECALIUS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby immersive daydreams » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Mark~
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
╔═════════════════╗
♫♩ ♫ ♩♬♩ ♫ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♩
нɛℓℓσ! ι'м ιммɛяƨιʌɛ ∂αʏ∂яɛαмƨ!!
иιcɛ тσ мɛɛт ʏσʋ.

╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
Ɩ ℓσʌɛ ∂яαωιиɢ, яɛα∂ιиɢ αи∂ мʋƨιc~
Ɩ αℓƨσ тακɛ тяα∂ιтισиαℓ αят cσммιƨƨισиƨ.
Ƥм мɛ ғσя мσяɛ ιиғσ!

╚═════════════════╝
αяттяα∂ɛ мɛ ✿ ℓιиκ ❀
Image ImageImage
immersive daydreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me