𝒰𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒
Discter
𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇
Male
𝒩𝒶𝓂𝑒
Rrezik - Danger

Too big to show!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℌ𝔢𝔯𝔬...?

𝔄s Kai trudged through the ancient forest, weaving through draped vines and knarled roots, the trees began to thin. Instead of growing close, almost as if knitted together like his grandmothers shawls, he saw them become sparse, turning eventually from a healthy green to a rotted brown. Now, stepping completely out of the forest, the desolate moon shone above, stars hidden behind its' iridescence. The hill was adorned with decaying trees battling death, determined to grip the muddy soil beneath their tarnished roots.

𝔎ai grimaced at fighting off the beast here. Surely he would trip, as his boots were made for rocky terrain, not slick soil. Would he be able to properly swing his sword, and fight off the fire cat that haunted this part of the valley? Kai hoped so. As he saw paw tracks littered among the mud, he followed them with his gaze, seeing them lead to the topmost tree on the hill. Staring at the rotted husk of wood, he saw a faint glow. It was all the prized treasure, emeralds and gold coins, the cat-beast had stolen. And...the cat's eyes and mark of the fire god stared directly into his soul, tearing him apart.

ℑgnoring the zip of fear down his spine, he confidently stomped his way closer, pulling out his broadsword.

"𝔅east! I know not thy name, but come I have, to vanquish thee! Flee, or surely perish!"

"𝔒h?"

ℑt purred, slinking out of its lair. Kai only knew it was approaching him from the mark of fire on it's forehead, its glowing fluffy tail swishing from side to side.

"𝔚hy should I, little knight?"

𝔖tuffing the shudder down at the deep, soothing voice, he continued on despite the big, pearly claws flashing in the moonlight.

"𝔅ecause! Thou has stolen, tricked, and deceived peaceful travelers. My village is starving, it's humble citizens sick and dying. Thou wards off plague doctors and merchants, those good and humble. A dragon would fit thou best, I'd imagine."

ℑt was true. Kai's grandmother was sick, the church attempting to strengthen those stricken by disease with holy prayers. But still, the starving bodies came for healing, and the next day they returned on and on, until Kai could see sharp collar bones and stick-thin arms instead of healthiness. People he had known all his life were withering.

ℭombat seemed inevitable as it prowled towards him.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔙𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔞𝔦𝔫...?

rezik laughed in the face of the pitiful challenger, smelling the fear radiating off the human.

"𝔏et's see if you can own up to those words you spit so readily."

ℜrezik prowled forward, slinking low to the ground, a ghostly shadow of death under the moon's gaze. Flicking his tail back in forth as he circled the human, he sneered at the nervous expression on the knight's face. Or, an attempt at a knight.

"𝔊etting nervous? Oh, so brave! Weren't you just dashing for battle, little warrior?"

𝔄 scowl fit the mortals' face, raising the long sword that glinted slightly, reflecting Rrezik in it's shiny gaze.

"𝔗hou is no match for me!"

ℜrezik sprinted, leaping to claw at the mortals' face, only for metal to shriek in his face, firefly sparks flying up.

𝔗wisting away, he clawed at the fragile leather boots, a painful shout ringing out and the sword almost taking off his head. He jumped out of the way of its deadly swing, the comb in his hair flying out, a curtain of white flying everywhere. Landing on the sludge, he snarled and tossed his hair out of his face. Perhaps setting the woodland on fire wasn't a good idea.

"𝔄lmost got me! But can you still fight with your legs shredded?"

𝔏icking away the blood on his face, Rrezik lunged again, and pierced the side of a soft belly, leaping away from an angry swipe. The human panted again, and Rrezik pounced on the weakness presented. "I'm swifter than a raging river! You cannot possibly go on!"

"𝔗hen attack!"

𝔄nswering the challenge, Rrezik leaped, and as time slowed down, he realized his mistake. The human was turning into a werewolf. Rrezik righted himself, and avoided being cleaved in half by the howling beast.

𝔅ut his rudder, his tail, did not, and was bisected, separating his shine.

ℜrezik yowled to the high heavens above, plummeting downhill, tumbling and screeching.

ℜighting himself, he panted, attempting to stifle the pain, but another howl pushed forth.

𝔅arely focused on his opponent, he whispered, broken and afraid, to the shaggy creature.

"ℑ cannot continue... You may have my treasure. Your village will surely make a legend about you... Know this, at least. I have been stealing for my love... Her father will not let her marry one of the poor... Goodbye, little hero."

"... 𝔚ait. At the very least, take something..."

Current progress, dunno if I'm gonna finish it cuz I have the flu
Last edited by Discter on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 23 times in total.
i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1350

Postby silvermahogany » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Mark

- You poor thing
Sweet, mourning lamb
There's nothing you can do -

☆ Pfp by idrawforfun <3
☆ Silv - He/Him - Genderqueer - Gay
☆ Adult
☆ Un-quit for art shops, pls shoot me a dm if you do human art!!
☆ Ask me about my dnd oc ask me about my dnd oc ask me about my dnd oc ask me abou-
silvermahogany

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alantica » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Mork~
Image Image Image
Image Image

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
Big fan of
Boku no Hero Academia, Love Live, Dangan Ronpa

════════════════════
If I owe you something and haven't done it in a while,
remind me again because I probably forgotten about it.

════════════════════
My Kalons||My other adoptables||Fish Keepers
It's been two days. I'm already ded from college.
Icon by hiyorin
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
Alantica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:08 pm

--> And you are...?

"Shōkan. Prefer Shō' though. Why do you ask?"

--> You ask why 'Shō' Is out in the mountains alone.

Ah. Well, My caretaker in the village nearby has passed. She was a sweet old woman, but cats being cats we must move on. Those within the village did not want much to do with me- as I with them- they're superstitious.

He paused. Drawing a paw over his ear and sizing you up with vibrant amber eyes.

So I left. Before my dearest's passing I was a simple black kalon- of course, my fur well kept with the sleek sheen which unnerved those poor villagers. Admittedly, I tended to come and go, of course a cat-like specie which held its own would be cause for suspicion. I was never awfully rude however, for a black cat I didn't cause much trouble. Though I suppose its these apparent eyes, I could feel them staring at me, evidently I was staring back.

--> You ask how his tail split.

Right. This thing?

He smirked, sweeping the forked tail across your nose briefly, as if showing it off. You are not amused.

Much to my surprise, the rumors were true. You see, traveler, these woods are fabled to be guarded by someone not of our realm. Those who leave their place in the village are punished... we become "monsters" if you will.

You can tell Shōkan is having a hard time continuing, you realize how old he really is. Perhaps this has been bothering him?

I traversed these forests for a number of days. Unsure if or when I would meet our "Guardian", redemption was what I sought. I missed her dearly, I knew not my place, I knew only that the people did not want me. The Guardian did not want me either. I did not find redemption. I found a forked tail, a persistent glow, what I thought was a punishment. Had I done anything worth this?

--> You tell him he did not do anything wrong. He looks troubled.

The Guardian. He's not bad, I was foolish for thinking I could find answers. I wanted her back. For months I wandered the mountainside once more, I grappled with my new identity, my homing beacon for dirty-looks, scowls, and creatures much more peculiar than I. Yet I still stood. I went on, denning in sweet spritely hollows and visiting the village children without their mother's watchful eyes. Eventually I found those lost, my tails no longer a beacon of spite but a warming lantern of those who feared the wooded grounds. The Guardian and I walk side by side, though I see him not, I know he is there. He has given me the redemption of which I wish in ways I cannot explain. He has granted me light anew if you will, a role which I am happy to fulfill.

--> You ask if he's lonely. What could he be doing with so much time?

No, not as you may think. It is true that I live alone- but I have my share of fun.

He gives you a wry smile, tail twitching and pale eyes still fixated on you.

The villagers have grown to like me... in a way. I visit daily, gather up the occasional fish basket, greet the little ones. I'm a bit of a village prankster- I like to think I liven the place up. The villagers have even begun leaving treats out for me! I've become more of a beacon for the village than the superstitious black kalon which they saw before. Though the hole that my dearest late owner left cannot be replaced, I feel the kindness of the villagers now. I lead them home at night, use this glowing tail to scare away imps. Especially those pesky rats. Who knew this sleepy little village was such a roaming ground for little monsters? Ah, well, they are quite fun to hunt down...

He continues on reminiscing, you begin to tire, the starlight shows through the canopy above.

Oh, dear are you tired? Perhaps you should visit the village inn for tonight?

He offers to guide you home, eyes and tail aglow.

--> You accept the offer, yawning and stepping up from your place among the roots.

He makes small talk along the way, The glow of his tail acting as a lantern which lit the undergrowth and leaves in golden amber hues. You arrive at the village, a quaint, traditional Japanese feudal styled square. Shōkan leads you to a small inn, the attendant seems happy to see you and greets you and Shō. He exchanged a few words with the keeper before smiling and left just as brusquely as he appeared.
[794/800]
Last edited by sobble on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:32 am, edited 10 times in total.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me