Re: Kalon #1196 - Uktena - Open

Postby yaksha. » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 am

{ i. caius. ii. faolan. iii. male. }

If you were to ask what Faolan thought of legends, he would pause for a moment. His hands may droop a bit, setting a glass of almost empty liquor on the table and grinning. Those piercing eyes of his, oh so amber and full of secrets, may glitter in response. Faolan may smile, lips curling into a grin revealing sharp fans and deadly precision.
    "Legends, my dear boy? What an amusing question."
    Because, you seen, Faolan grew up in a world of destruction and unsavory practices. He believes not of legends. He believes in the power of your fists, the sharpness of your teeth, the edge of your words -- to him, you must believe in yourself. Faolan scoffs in the face of deities and legends, and those who may mention it very quickly lose his interest. Those around him are much the same mentality and Faolan allows no one more willing to believe in those supposedly living among the stars than their own hearts to run with them.
    It's best to avoid asking at all, really. He is bitter, for during a time long, long ago, he believed in those watching over them. They did not hear his cries for help, and Faolan watched his parents be stolen from their world by bandits. A darkness bloomed in his heart and the plunge into sinister ventures was almost immediate. So he may laugh and smile and stop to converse with you, but it's wise not to fall for his pretty face.
    "Legends are kit stories, boy. You must believe in your own strength."
Last edited by yaksha. on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 am

res with they believe they are already a legend and people are too dumb to realize who they are talking to (you work at costco you prick settle down)
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥

You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwi sauce » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:51 am

Legend? Hmph, such a queer choice in prompts but
if you must ask then I will answer. My opinion of them is, to put
simply, indifference. Tales recounting past folly, heroic gallantry
and some such, each depicting a time or place where lessons are
garnered through hardship and tribulation. Granted this is a far
gentler means of teaching the generations these hard-won life
lessons, I am still at odds with many of these stories of eld.
Far be it from me to denounce an easier mode of instilling
simple minds with knowledge of how to avoid certain dangers
but some lessons are better learned through error than ear.
Moreover there is an annoying variance in the stories and what
meanings they have or what characters are reviled and demonized.

Much like how the wolf in any lore is nothing but a deviant glutton
meant only to sate a hunger it can never truly satisfy. How the
fox is but a conniving trickster with no wont for purpose beyond
deceit. Loathe am I to admit I harbored ill feelings toward these
noble creatures, all due to the stories that once terrorized me.
In my fear of being swindled or swallowed whole did mine eyes
close to the possibility that my opinion was being led astray.
Ha..ha... although, perhaps there is some merit to the legends?
Certainly they must be derived from some shred of truth, some
kernel of insight that is worth being wary? Perhaps the dragon
chewing the roots of The World Tree, ever the villain of any
tale, is more than mere myth?

Mine opinion matters not and patience wears thin. Go. Leave
this relic of the past, you no longer amuse me.
username:: boss.
kalon name:: Níðhöggr
Last edited by kiwi sauce on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiwi sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 am

Res!

Postby seijuu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:09 am

mark
seijuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:23 am

Username;;
Kalon name;;
How do they feel about legends?;; Do they revere them, think they're phony, want to become a legend themselves?
Res!
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 am

Username;; Katzuvo
Kalon name;; Kantharos
How do they feel about legends?;;
"You know that's ridiculous, right? The ocean spirit would kill you before you got anywhere near the water."

Kantharos narrowed his gaze at his friend, considering it. The legend of their tribe explained to them why they should never go near the ocean. The waters were dangerous, the wind too strong. The spray of salt in the air enough to blind even the most careful of Kalons. Maybe it was an old wives tale. Maybe it was true. Maybe a mix of both, but Kantharos just had to know. How could an ocean just eat people?

"Do not be so quick to believe the legends, Ytsen. Those stories are of old. I would care to meet the ocean spirit myself before coming to such conclusions about it."

Kantharos had heard the stories. They were told to the kits before they were old enough to fully understand what the ocean even was. A way to keep everyone away from the shoreline. The tribe here was terrified, overly protective. While on the outside Tharos was collected, inside he was vibrating with the excitement of finally finding the nerve to check the sea. What if he was wrong? What if he went out and no one ever saw him again?

"Believe what you want, Tharos. Don't get killed trying to hug the ocean spirit or something." Ytsen sounded irritated as he stood and left, but Kantharos knew that his friend cared about his safety. However, both were tired of discussing it. Of spending nights arguing about the truth. Either way, tomorrow he would know for sure.

That night, before he began his journey, Kantharos dreamt fitfully. The ocean spirit came to him, a large watery mass. If he squinted, he could see the rocky outcrops behind it, through its near opaque body. From within, Kantharos could catch glimpses of fish schooling, in the chest of the spirit lay a shark, circling dangerously.

"You are real." Kantharos spoke, not sure he entirely believed himself. His voice echoing against the waves of the sea. "Speak to me, please, Ocean Legend."

The shark within stirred, body moving faster through the chest area. The eyes of the spirit began to darken impossibly, swirling dark like the eyes of a hurricane. The spirit, in all its terrifying glory, smiled with its absent mouth, before everything went dark.

He woke with a start, rows of shark teeth flashing through his head.
Last edited by roelian on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittenHunter » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:27 am

Username;; KittenHunter
Kalon name;; Nami
How do they feel about legends?;; Do they revere them, think they're phony, want to become a legend themselves?
Legends... My my why would you ask me such a thing?
I can answer in so many ways and some of them not so friendly, darling!
Fine I will play this little game and answer to the best of my abilities...
I love legends, of man and beast.
Legends shape us, made us who we are and taught us lessons of godly powers and godly rule.
Wouldn't you want to know of legends?
How great someone was and how great you can be?...
Why are you questioning me child? No! They are not phony.
They are the only real thing in this dark, dangerous world....
More silly questions? Doll I am already a Legend! You came to me did you not?
You have heard my stories from far and wide and came to me to ask these...
Therefore I am a legend. I have done great and I will continue to do so...
But one little slip on my end could end my legends being broadcasted once I am gone from this world.
Now. Scat!
Отпуск, что вы дурак!
(Translation: Leave you fool!)
ImageImage
KittenHunter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thank my lucky stars » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 am

Username;; thank my lucky stars
Kalon name;; batholomew
How do they feel about legends?;;

bartholomew was always considered strange to other kalons. they would cross the street and eye him distrustfully, mainly due to the dark scowl he wore. of course, bartholomew rarely noticed - and if he did - he never cared. the opinion of sheep meant nothing to the wolf. when he worked his shift, rarely anyone came into the library, and he preferred it that way. they would just annoy him and distract him. he was a kalon on a mission - and that mission was to write a book. seemed simple enough, but it actually had been weeks since his last progress. he had to search all throughout the library, request certain books, and double check everything. it was exhausting, even for him, but he didn't mind that much. legends were always something he was fascinated by, almost obsessed over. it was his dream to make a book about every legend known to the kalons. he did not expect the surge of jealousy and want when he learned more about them, however. he often found himself fantasizing about what he would do with such gifts, even though he knew it was futile. he let out a sigh and took off his reading glasses with a huff. "argh, i give up." he growled insincerely. he knew he wasn't giving up, but he had to at least sleep. his shift was at seven-thirty tomorrow morning, and it was already two.

when he awoke, he felt a surge of energy. he barely remembered his dream, only that he was flying - flying above everyone, his eyes sweeping the earth with cold eyes. it was a sign, he was sure, he was getting closer and closer to finishing his book. a giggle burst from his chest as he stumbled back into his office, frantically pulling his papers together and frantically writing things down.

a year later, bartholomew was at a press conference with cameras flashing all around him. "and how did you decide to focus on legends?" a journalist asked curiously. bartholomew sent her a dazzling grin and said simply, "it just came to me." she paused before blushing and asked again, "did you realize that in writing this massive book, you became a legend in your own right?" the question made him pause, triumph bubbling inside him. he had done it, he realized with glee. he had became a legend.
she/her pronouns • my kalons • stucky trash
thank my lucky stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 am

dropping out, don't have the time.
    good luck to all entries!
Last edited by artemis, on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me