Drawing sessions 2
99 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by gouache

by Tealea

by Tealea

Kalon #437

Postby Tealea » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

As a Kalon artist, I'm putting my first entry up for adoption! <3
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Personality:
What makes them happy?: (writing and/or art)

Prettying up and extras are encouraged!
End date: August 28th
Last edited by Tealea on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pixel by -wanheda- and avatar by nightjar
commissions closed
Tealea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #437

Postby giraffidae » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:17 pm

wip soo cute ;u;

Username: legend-
    Name:
    Personality:

full time college &work⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

dA / chars / the dex

done with cs,
      wont answer pms

she / her / it idc
      pixs by me (>)
      ImageImage
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miskit » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Username: miskit
Name:
Personality: She's obsessed with anatomy and astrology, Finding the remains of small prey have always interested her with how the bones fit together like the puzzle pieces of nature. With her curiosity comes ups and downs, she'll never eat meat again for one, but the good thing is she got the idea of life existing not only on Earth but on other planets as well "If there is life here, what makes other planets so different?". Great now she believes in aliens.
What makes them happy?: (writing and/or art) (making art and story)
Last edited by miskit on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
miskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:21 pm

(story takes place somewhere in Ireland,many years ago)

Feel free to listen to this as you read<3
King-- Lauren Aquilina
**edited to change this link**

....Penelope is very soft spoken and calm.She lives in a small cabin in the forest near a kingdom--that she once was a part of.She now stays quite hidden and doesn't make it a habit to make herself known.She seems to have a strange air to her.She deals with herbs and medicine,and is always willing to help someone.She is not naive,and knows how to tell friend from foe.It is said that sometimes,if one is to listen hard enough through the thick walls,they can hear soft harp music play.But there seems to be no harp in her home.

For most of her life,young princess Penelope Johanna Wright was sheltered and knew nothing of the dangers of the world.Her parents,the king and queen,where always busy,so she was accompanied by her personal servant,of whom she saw more as an older brother than a servant,named Johnathan.They were together so much that passing visitors in the kingdom assumed he was her parent.She didn't make it a habit to stop anyone who thought so,because she loved him like family,despite the title he was given.

Aside from her parents of course,Johnathan seemed to be one of the only ones who cared about her for her,and not giddy over himself that he got to be near royalty all day.His love for the little sister he never had was true,and he was by her side always.Penelope spent most of her time in the woods,dragging Johnathan along each time.She loved to climb trees and make him catch her as she jumped from them.Or,in his own words "Give me a darn heart attack".

She had only recently reached the later of her teen years when she made a horrible discovery about her father,and her pure hatred of him began.He would send his army out often,making claims to her and her mother and anyone who asked that,he had not started this battle,but another kingdom threatening his people.Each time he made claims to say he was doing this to protect them all.And they all believed him.

They were wrong to.

The young,deer like Kalon watched as her father rode off on his horse,ahead of his army as he marched off to another battle.Sometimes he made Johnnie go along,and unfortunately this was one of those times.Great,she was going to be alone and bored all day.A though struck her soon though,as she watched the knights retreat.She had often snuck after some of the other servants to spy on their daily duties,as she liked being nosy.Why not lightly trail after her father and watch the battle?After all,she'd always been curious as to how they went.

So making her way to the forest they were traveling through,she made herself hidden in the trees as she followed at a distance.At last after what seemed like forever,the large group stopped.They had arrived at at what looked like a small village.The inhabitants hadn't seen them yet it seemed.Penelope was confused,as the people didn't look battle ready.In fact most of them were kids running around and playing or adults going about doing daily work."What...?"She muttered to herself.

Suddenly,her father let out a harsh battle cry and heads shot up quickly.The villagers panicked as they noticed the men now racing toward them on their horses.Her eyes widened as she watched her father and his army run at the scared people,attacking several.She watched in fear and dismay as people were tossed to the ground like nothing,houses and other buildings burned to the ground.She felt sick as she backed away slowly,and landed quickly on the ground,wincing as she heard her father scream out his victory.

She ran as fast as her legs would take her.Someone seemed to be following her,and she quickly panicked.One of her fathers men had seen her,'No no no!'She screamed in her head.Penelope tried to go faster,but much to her surprise,she tripped over an outstretched tree root,landing on the ground with a thud and letting out a whine as she backed into a tree.She saw the figure get closer,and let out a squeak of fear as she covered her face and trembled.

Until a familiar voice called to her.

"Pen....Penelope what are you doing out here?"Johnathan crouched next to her,and while she was relaxed that he was the one to find her,she backed as far as the tree let her away from him."He lied!He's not doing this to protect us!He just wants more power!"She snapped,and glared daggers at him."And you helped....you...you were a part of it.."

His ears shot back as he watched the girl that was like his sister,who was so close to him,back away from him in fear almost like a cornered animal.He sighed softly."Yes....I was called to join.Yes,this is what I have seen happen every time I am called to tag along.I understand why your upset with me."He sighed and looked at her softly."But I did not now,or have I ever taken part in such acts.I merely stay to the back.No one notices because they all are busy destroying everything."

She whined at him."But why....why?!Why would he do this?Our kingdom is huge--it's one of the biggest around from what I've been told!Why does he need to do this?Why does he need to lie?"

Johnathan let out a whine of his own and shook his head."I can only guess that what he has is never enough....he wants to be in control of everything.To make others fear him.So he makes everyone think he's protecting them."

She whined weakly and trembled,leaning forward and gripping him into a hug."My father is a murderer...."She shook as her friend held her and tried his best to calm her."He's a liar and a killer...."

"I know..."He said weakly,humming his song to calm her."I'm sorry."

After these events,Penelope's strong distrust of her father began.Not that he had much time to spend with her in the first place,but any time it was offered she made some excuse not to go.Her mother died of old age a few years after she found out of his actions.Word got out about her fathers deeds,and it was clear so many wanted him to be punished for what he had done.Years passed,and eventually the people rebelled against her father.Johnathan and Penelope sneaked out of the castle from a secret passage under the it.They made do in the forest,with him slowly crafting building material from wood and creating a small cabin.The day the cabin was finally complete,Johnathan passed.

-----------------------------------------

Name ;;
Penelope Johanna Wright

Gender ;;
Female

Personality ;;
Penelope is sweet and calm.She believes that one shouldn't be looked down upon just because of what or who they are,and is quick to stand up for even a stranger if she sees they are being discriminated against.She doesn't prefer company,and is rarely seen outside unless it's to get herbs or trade animals she's caught for medicine.She is very trusting and this at times can get her in trouble with the wrong people.But she knows how to handle herself and is quick to get herself out of bad situations.Penelope is happy to help anyone who may ask for it,but she is always quick to hold a grudge and won't let someone forget her if they wrong her.She doesn't know how to move on from the past that well,and is bitter toward hers.She can't stand talking about it and would rather just not.

Relationships ;;

Johnathan;;

Johnathan was Penelope's personal guard and servant as her father called him.But he was much more to her.He was like an older sibling to her and in turn,she was like the little sister he never had.He was very protective of her and spent more time with her than her own parents due to their busy schedules.He was one of the very few not in her fathers actual army--even though he went along some times--to know of the horrible crimes her father committed.After the people rebelled against the kingdom,he escaped with Penelope and cared for her in the forest near the kingdom.After months of hard work and help from villagers living on the edge of the forest,built them a cabin to live in.However he was so old and pushed himself so much to finish it,that the day it was done,he died peacefully in his sleep.Some still say they can hear him playing the harp,despite him being gone and Penelope not owning a harp.

Hello there!My name is viixen and I'm trying out
for this kalon as you may see.I'm an owner as of
now,and own eight Kalons currently.I really hope
you've enjoyed it thus far,and happy reading of
the rest!

What Makes Her Happy? ;;
Harp music!But not just anyone's....

When Penelope was very small,Johnathan would always casually play a harp that was in a study room.She grew used to the sound,and he soon realized playing it calmed the little Kalon down.She was a little picky though,and only one certain rhythm calmed her.If he tried a different one,it didn't work.And it seemed to be only he who could play it,as he asked her mother to try it and even though it sounded the same,she didn't grow calm to her playing.Over time it sort of became something that could bribe her to behave.But all the same,whatever it was being done for,she loved it and was picky on how it was played.

Occupation ;;
If it could at all be considered an occupation,Penelope deals with healing.No magical stuff,of course not.She simply uses her knowledge of herbs and plants used from some of the books Johnathan would read her.She takes certain things and mixes them together,crushes them up,or mixes them in water to make medicine that she keeps around in case anyone happens to need it.Not that she gets an over rushing amount of visitors or travelers coming near,but it's nice to keep herself prepared.

Day to Day Life ;;
For the most part,Penelope eats mostly vegetables and fruits,and occasionally soup.She doesn't really like eating a lot of meat,but will when she has too.Before his passing,Johnathan taught her how to use a bow.It was an interesting lesson to say the least.While she prefers not to eat it,she does hunt.Since she cannot acquire much money,and the only things she really needs are herbs and food,she trades her catches in for supplies and food.The small village near her home has a market near the edge of it,and she goes there to get what she needs.She doesn't like the thought of people possibly seeing her face and knowing who she is,so she wears a pale brown hood over her head.Any day she goes to the market she can be found wearing said hood,along with her quiver slung over her shoulder by a strap.Occasionally,depending on what she's going for,she can be found holding a basket.

Last edited by NE0N-UMBR30N on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 20 times in total.
NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gold » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Omg res

Ahh she's cute but sadly I don't connect quite enough to set aside the time with my move, school, and starting to foster kitties. Watching though :')
Last edited by gold on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her -- polya gay -- infp -- comrade

ImageImageImage
gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prismatic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:23 pm

decided to sit this one out and just watch the competition!
        goodluck everyone! (":
Last edited by prismatic on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
prismatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:25 pm

as much as I adore this Kalon I'm dropping out to focus on a dream Kalon of mine! ^^
    Good luck to everyone! Whoever gets them better take good care of them!
Last edited by Anza on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooey. » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:31 pm

mark
gooey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seijuu » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:32 pm

mark
seijuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Username: Evils
Name: Zeala
Personality:

Wip!! c:
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me