Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bijoux Bees - Interest check? 🐝 by rainbowpanda101

Artist rainbowpanda101 [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Bijoux Bees - Interest check? 🐝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:36 pm

I had an idea a while back about doing a little bee art roleplay game on here.
Finally got around to drawing an actual bee, and it came out a lot better than I expected!

IDEAS:
originally posted 3/8/24

• Species name = Bijoux Bees

• Similar to regular bees, their hives have:
- Queens
- Drones
- Workers

• Queens are bigger, biologically female, and lead their hive.
The main Queen is the Cardinal Queen. Any other Queens are Princesses.

• Drones are mid-size, biologically male, and protect the queen.
Typically, the Queen will have an entourage of Drones around her.

• Workers are smaller, biologically female, and collect nectar for food.
They also clean and repair the hive and feed the hive's larvae.

• Each type of bee will have its own unique line-art.
The antennae and stingers may be edited on any of the bees.
The wing shape cannot change, but the veins (lines) can vary.

• The colors of these bees can vary greatly & aren't just yellow + black!
Stripes will be required on all bees, but the width & amount can vary.

• Members start off with a single Queen, and then from there can adopt additional bees,
participate in events, or complete art/writing tasks to level up their hive & gain more bees.
Art & writing won't be judged on quality - only on whether it meets the requirements of the task.

• There are 11 levels that can be gained from participating in the species.
Levels 1 through 10 grant members 10 additional bees per level gained.
Unlimited slots are granted once a member reaches level 11.

• Customs + breeding would also be available for these!

I want this to be a super relaxed and fun little pixel species.
Please share your thoughts! Would you participate in something like this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
3/8/24

Thank you to those who have responded so far! I feel like there seems to be a little hesitancy around the "roleplaying" aspect.
I thought maybe I'd explain it a little bit more and offer an alternative idea to the art/writing ideas I have for this species.
"Roleplay" is usually seen as something done between 2 people, but here it just means storytelling via art or writing!

For example, with the levels...each level would require a certain prompt be answered with art or writing to gain that level.
So let's say you want to get to level 2! You'd write a 100 word biography or make a full body piece of art of a Queen you own,
as well as list your hive's social structure and describe (in 2+ sentences each) the roles for the social structure you choose.
Do those things, and you'd advance to level 2 and be allowed to adopt a total of 20 bees! (Each level adds 10 more bee slots.)

If this seems like too much, I did have a thought that the larger art/writing requirements could be dedicated to solely events.
For example, let's say there's a Christmas event going on. There would be a Christmas-themed prompt to be answered, and
members who meet the requirements would earn currency or items to get custom bees or special items for breeding their bees.

If you participated, would you prefer to have level ups or just have events where you earn prizes?
I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of attention these have had. If there's any questions, feel free to ask!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2:
3/9/24

I go into even more detail about leveling up HERE!

Image Image Image

More ideas! ^_^ I thought it might be cool to have 3 different "color variations" available for Bijoux Bees!
They would be called Basic (typical black/yellow), Mono (1 color, multiple shades), and Jewel (3+ different colors).
I also changed the shape of the antennae and stingers to show how they can differ! The last one has different wing veins, too!

EDIT 3:
3/15/24

Added a new lineart! .3. I'm thinking this one would be the Drone lines?
Tried to do a bigger head/mandibles/stinger with a slightly smaller abdomen.

EDIT 4:
3/16/24

Final lineart! :3 The Worker! Slightly smaller body, thinner legs, and bigger wings!
They'll need those big wings since they'll be the ones to leave the nest for food.
There's a thicker part on the upper part of the back legs - those are nectar pouches!

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bijoux Bees - Interest check? 🐝

Postby chloe1122aa » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:37 pm

Hi I’ve never roleplayed before but I’d like to play
chloe1122aa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nokomis_Nitir » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 pm

Sounds fun it's too bad I gave up RP a long time ago. I'd love to see where this goes tho.

The bee 🐝 you drew is adorable!
Nokomis_Nitir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:34 am

I'd be interested in a bee arpg!
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimmy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:23 am

super cute <3 love the idea
nimmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SM0395 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:25 am

omg this is interesting! that's a very cute bee you draw :) ohh only if I have time to participate...
I fully support this tho
SM0395

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bijoux Bees - Interest check? 🐝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:16 pm

Thank you to those who have responded so far! I feel like there seems to be a little hesitancy around the "roleplaying" aspect.
I thought maybe I'd explain it a little bit more and offer an alternative idea to the art/writing ideas I have for this species.
"Roleplay" is usually seen as something done between 2 people, but here it just means storytelling via art or writing!

For example, with the levels...each level would require a certain prompt be answered with art or writing to gain that level.
So let's say you want to get to level 2! You'd write a 100 word biography or make a full body piece of art of a Queen you own,
as well as list your hive's social structure and describe (in 2+ sentences each) the roles for the social structure you choose.
Do those things, and you'd advance to level 2 and be allowed to adopt a total of 20 bees! (Each level adds 10 more bee slots.)

If this seems like too much, I did have a thought that the larger art/writing requirements could be dedicated to solely events.
For example, let's say there's a Christmas event going on. There would be a Christmas-themed prompt to be answered, and
members who meet the requirements would earn currency or items to get custom bees or special items for breeding their bees.

If you participated, would you prefer to have level ups or just have events where you earn prizes?
I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of attention these have had. If there's any questions, feel free to ask!

rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TaffyYellow » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:19 pm

this seems super cool and I'm totally definitely not biased because of my love for bees lol. in my opinion, I think have art/writing challenges would be better suited for events, but idk how leveling would work then. but I'm super excited to see this =)
TaffyYellow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:47 pm

TaffyYellow wrote:this seems super cool and I'm totally definitely not biased because of my love for bees lol. in my opinion, I think have art/writing challenges would be better suited for events, but idk how leveling would work then. but I'm super excited to see this =)

Thank you for your thoughts! ^_^

If the art/writing was just for events, then I would totally scrap the leveling idea and there would be no limitation on how many bees a person could adopt in total. There would just be a monthly adoption limit, to make sure the same handful of people aren't winning over and over. I figured having the art/writing challenges and leveling would incentivize people to work on adding info to their bees/hives, instead of just collecting or hoarding them.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:31 am

I think the level up requirement for the prompts is reasonable, especially considering you get 10 additional bee slots per each level up. Getting that many slots seems very generous to me, although thats probably because I'm used to doing longer prompts for less slots. Level up prompts don't typically have a time limit so that sounds much more casual and fun, at least to me.

I really like the idea of developing the hive structure, and would be curious to see the prompts for other levels!

I don't mind the idea of prompt based events, although if it was one or the other I would personally prefer the level up prompts. Events are limited time, and might occur during a time people are already busy.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me