Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

goobies | have a goo day! (temporary hiatus! pg 15) by castiiian

Artist castiiian [gallery]
Time spent 7 days
Drawing sessions 64
201 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

goobies | have a goo day! (temporary hiatus! pg 15)

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Last edited by castiiian on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 61 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | rules

legal information
    upon participating in the species,
      buying, adopting, entering a competition, using the nursery,
      creating adopts/customs/growths/ or artist entries,
      partaking in an event, buying items, and/or otherwise becoming a figure in our community,
    you automatically agree to the following rules listed in this post.
    and are thus responsible for upholding them and being a good member of the community.

failure to follow rules and terms of service may result in warnings, karma loss, or even a ban.
    punishments such as warnings, karma loss, and ban occur at the discretion of the staff team,
    and depend on the complexity of the situation as well as the severity of the broken rule.
    if you feel you have been wrongfully punished, you may submit an appeal to an admin.
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────
    general rules
    1. goobies are a closed species. you may not make your own without permission or the appropriate items.
    2. be kind, respectful, and patient with all members of the community, staff and otherwise.
    3. harassment, bullying, bribing, favoritism, or otherwise purposefully abusing or “working around” our systems is not tolerated.
    4. art theft and design theft of any kind are forbidden. this is also a rule enforced by many websites and laws.
    5. excessive bumping of competitions is not appreciated. the staff team can take up to a month to judge if needed.
    6. whining, begging, and other behaviors that can be seen as unnecessarily negative or rude are not appreciated.
    7. for paid goobies, you have 48 hours from the completed judging to pay. refunds are not possible.
    8. for auctions, you may only autobuy 5 goobies a month. this is to give everyone a chance to buy goobies!
    9. the species rules and terms of service overwrite any personal rules or terms of service, including individual artist terms of service: creating a goobie means that goobie must follow the goobies species rules and terms of service!
    10. rules are subject to change or be added to at the admins discretion.
    species rules
    1. you may own an unlimited amount of goobies.
    2. goobies may be bred infinitely, with a cooldown between of 21 days.
    3. you must own a goob 7 days before being breeding, trading, or selling them.
    4. a goo is able to be grown after 14 days. a freshly grown goob must wait an additional 7 days to breed.
    5. goob traits that cover a large portion of the design will require an alternate, clear reference.
    6. anyone may grow, transfer, or make their myos, on oekaki or off oekaki using the appropriate pages.
        growths, transfers, and myo creation may also be commissioned.
    7. goobies, items, and myos may be gifted, traded or sold for anything, real or virtual currency.
    8. pre-existing designs/ocs you own may be transferred into the species with the original designer's permission.
    9. once a goob is owned by a user, it belongs completely to them: the owner does not need the original designer/artist's permission to make any changes to their goob with items or leniencies.
    species requirements
    • goo must be separated from the “outside” by a goo membrane.
    • goo membrane should always be a lower opacity than goo, with trait exception.
    • goo, goo membrane, and nose must always appear shiny.
    • goobies cannot be heavily based off existing characters due to copyright.
    • agels must have goo halo and wings. diabs must have goo horns and tail.
    • goobies must be either agel or diab, and must follow the appropriate species requirements and traits.
    • each goobie should be unique, clearly distinguishable from other designs, and entirely original.
    staff rules, artist rules, artist recommendations, trial rules
    staff rules
    1. staff are expected to follow the rules and ensure that they are followed as well.
    2. staff are expected to be unbiased in regards concerning multiple users.
    3. staff are expected to be seen as a team and present a united front.
    4. all staff share similar duties: approving growths, transfers, customs, answering questions, etc.
    5. if you are unable to come to a decisive answer for a question or approval, please ask the team for help!
    6. we are a team and aspire to help each other grow, please do not be afraid to ask for help or constructive criticism!
    7. staff receive an item of their choice from the staff shop for each month of activity.
    8. staff members are required to be a member of the goobies discord. to specify, it’s totally okay if you have a secondary discord account just for goobies/chickensmoothie servers! you do not have to join the discord on your “main” account to meet this requirement.
    9. staff who are absent from the community for three months without warning will be removed from the staff list. please contact an admin if you plan to take an extended haitus, so that you are not removed from the team!
    artist rules
    1. competitions for goobies may be any kind you wish to host, either paid or free.
    2. competitions must be judged in a fair and unbiased manner.
    3. if you are unable to judge a competition, another member of staff will step in for you.
    4. goobies may be made on custom lines!
        your very first custom lines will require senior staff approval before posting.
    5. traits must be listed clearly under each created goob.
    6. regular artist staff cannot create nursery batches until they have first practiced by creating an entry in the nursery artist search.
    7. artists keep 100% of the profit they make from paid adopts.
        additionally, during events they keep any event currency that are spent on their adopts.
    8. paid adopts that are auctions cannot have an AB added once the bidding starts.
        the AB must either be added at the very start, or not added at all.
    9. when re-using a heavily edited base, please run it by an admin first. for RU’s, this rule is a bit more loose, as RU's may follow the same theme. as always, designs should still be noticeably different at a glance. if in doubt, contact an admin!
    10. artists are allowed to ignore entries from users they have blocked, this must be done respectfully and discretely.
    artist recommendations
    • lines: pen tool ∙ size 3 ∙ full opacity
    • outside goo membrane: 45% layer opacity
    • inside goo: 100% layer opacity
    • remember to use smoothing. ( recommended: 15-25% )
    • you'll notice that there are two shades of purple saved in the color swatch.
        the darker purple are used for lines, while the lighter purple was used to shade.
        feel free to change the color of the lines and shading as desired.
    guest/trial staff rules
    1. trial begins on the 1st of each month and ends with the month.
        if you are unable to complete your trial within that timeframe, please reach out to an admin for an extension!
    2. for trial artists, as part of training, all designs must first be presented to the staff team for approval before posting.
    3. for trial moderators, as part of training, all messages sent to users must first be presented to the staff team before posting.
    4. guest artists must create a minimum of 3 goobies if they wish to be considered for a full position.
    5. at the end of their trial period, staff receive an item of their choice from the staff shop.
    6. all other staff rules apply to trial staff/guest artists.
    ban information
    upon the occurrence of a ban, you will lose your status as a member of the species.

you may no longer participate in the species as a whole: community, events, adopts, or otherwise.
    we also ask that you refrain from using our species artwork and lore after you have been banned.

we will never out-right take goobies that you have purchased or otherwise earned.
    instead, you will have to select their fates from the below options.
    failure to message an admin with your selected fate means we'll automatically assume the first fate listed!

1. keep your goobies as is. this allows you to gift/trade/sell them within the species.
    2. transfer your design out of the species.
        this allows you to make whatever changes you want to your designs, but they will lose their attachment to the species and be unable to be gifted/traded/sold within the species.
    3. forfeit your ownership rights, and allow us to raffle the goobies off to the community.
        items you owned will also be raffled off to the community.
        you will not be able to select who receives your goobies or items, as this can be seen as ban evading.
    rules are subject to change or be added to at the admins discretion.
    rules last updated: 1/25/2024
Last edited by castiiian on Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:41 am, edited 39 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | leniencies, karma, & kudos

leniencies allow owners of goobies to legally make several free changes to them.
    growth/transfer leniency can be approved by staff members with growth/transfer badge/s.
    all other leniencies can be approved by senior staff members, though some leniency can only be approved by admins.
    please note that you do not need permission from the goob's original artist/designer to use any items or invoke any leniencies.
    goob growth/transfer leniency 💡 this leniency is intended for growths/transfers!
    • we understand that some designs are difficult to replicate! a goob growth/transfer accuracy should be in the 80% range, which allows room for artist interpretation of difficult to see markings or other similar situations.
    • if you are unable to accurately copy a complex goos design for their growth/transfer, beyond the 80% range, you are welcome to invoke goob growth/transfer leniency. please note that simplifying your goob's design will be permanent, although it maintains the intention of sticking as close to the original design as possible.
    • you may also invoke connection leniency while growing/transferring a goob! connection leniency allows you to alter the goob's design beyond would be an accurate growth/transfer, in the hopes of helping you connect more to the design. changes made can only be minor in nature. goobies invoking growth/transfer connection leniency can only be approved by an admin.
    • this allows you to: grow/transfer your goob with a slightly different design than the original

remake goob leniency 💡 this leniency is intended for myo/custom goobies!
    • if you are unable to connect with your myo goob, you can seek out the use of this leniency to change your already created and approved goob.
    • read below for the leniencies possibilities:

• if your goob has never been bred:
        • you may change the design however you wish.
        • the trait list may be swapped within the same tier (for example, swapping out g1 fur to g1 tongue shape).
      • if your goob has been bred:
        • the design may be edited slightly or reasonably, without original artist's permission.
        • the trait list must remain the same unless an item is being used to add/remove traits.
      • if if you are not the original owner of the myo/custom:
        • you may not invoke this leniency without permission from an admin.
    • please note that only goobies made from myo tickets or items can invoke this leniency.
    • the owner of the goob must seek approval for leniency, but anyone may create the goob's new design.
        this new design can also be commissioned, just like any other goob design.
    • goobies invoking this leniency must go through the same approval process as new myo goobies.
    • each goob may only invoke this leniency once, unless approved by an admin.
    • allows you to: alter the design of a myo/custom goob.

adoption connection leniency 💡 this leniency is intended for adopts/scented goos!
    • we understand that sometimes, there's just something little keeping you from loving a design completely... this leniency is to help you connect better with a goob you received via adoption or through scented goo creation!
    • please note that this change will be permanent, and should be only a minor change to the design overall.
    • you may use this leniency to make a variety of possible changes, such as: simplifying the design, removing a marking, adjusting a marking, changing a markings' color, or etc...!
    • scented goobs must be max level/removed from scented goob status in order to invoke this leniency.
    • this allows you to: make minor changes to an adopted/scented goob

pretty-up goob leniency 💡 this leniency is intended for adjusting a goob’s line art.
    • some goobies might just be old or lack that same touch of love other goobies have, this leniency is to show love to those goobies by updating them!
    • this leniency does not allow you to change the goob's design or traits, it only allows you to update linework, shading, and other stylistic choices. please keep the prettied up edits looking as close to the original's intended as possible.
    • this allows you to: redo edits, redo linework, redo hair style, redo shading/effects, and possibly more, upon request!

stylist goob leniency 💡 intended for changing your goob's hairstyle!
    • is it time to change things up? this leniency is for changing your goob’s hairstyle- anything goes! change the color, length, style, as much and as often as you like!
    • this leniency does not allow you to change any of the goob’s other traits, so be careful with the lines!
    • this allows you to: redo a goob’s (g1) hair trait

cleanse leniency 💡 intended for removing traits applied by items!
    • regretting the changes you made to your goob? this leniency will allow you to remove the traits added by items, and bring your goob back to the state they were in prior to any changes made. please does not return your used items back to you!
    • you must provide a link to the goob's update, where the items were first used, in order to invoke this leniency!
    • this allows you to: remove traits applied by an item

revoke leniency 💡 intended for removing other leniencies!
    • regretting a change someone else invoked on a goob you just obtained? this leniency will allow you to undo the previous leniencies invoked by them, and bring your goob back to the state they were in prior to any changes made.
    • this leniency can only be invoked by a goob's new owner, meaning, you can only use this leniency to remove leniencies placed upon a goob by another user.
    • this allows you to: undo previously applied leniencies
    what is karma?
    karma is how staff keep track of user's behavior; and how we reward excellent behavior and discipline negative behavior.
    positive behavior and negative behavior may affect your karma at staff's discretion.
    karma is tracked discreetly to maintain privacy, but users may ask a staff member for an update on their karma status at any time!
    karma may range from -5 to 5, with all users beginning at 1!
    karma benefits/punishments
    • 5 karma: access to kudos shop: tier 2.
    • 3 karma: access to kudos shop: tier 1.
    • 2 karma: access to scented goos booth.
    • 0 karma: neutral
    • -2 karma: unable to participate in nursery
    • -3 karma: unable to participate in events
    • -5 karma: receives a ban
    users at 5 karma may also be subject to enter to exclusive giveaways and contests.
    what are kudos?
    kudos is a special currency that can be earned by members of the goobies community.
    users may hold an unlimited amount of kudos, as such they may choose to freely stock up or spend as they desire.
    there are many ways to earn kudos, but some examples are: honorable mentions, events, and goo stars...

kudos may be spent at the exclusive kudos shop.
    kudos are tracked in the bank, alongside other goobies items and similar.
Last edited by castiiian on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 33 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | staff list

owner
    castiiian 📮🌟🐔

subadmins
    royalpoppy 📮🌟🐔☔
    mousekewitz 📮❔🐤
    vympyre 📮🌟🐔

archivists
    Saeli 📮❔🐔
    Griff 📮🐔
    bsktcase 📮🐥

moderator team
    fruitbat 📮❔👶🐔📅
    alimonhun 📮
    caeleesi 📮

trial moderator
    not seeking atm!
    xxx
    artist team
    nio 📮🌟🐔
    sashiyaki 📮🌟🐤👻
    rem sleep 📮🌟🐤
    !karkat 📮🐥
    bakuraas. 📮🎨🐤📅
    solos 📮🌟🐤
    imabanditø 📮🐤
    parker; 📮🐥
    keeshond 📮🐤
    annaebell 📮🐤
    ghost king 📮🐥
    Polluux. 📮🐥
    tejki 📮🐥☔
    Riley ♥ 📮🌟🐥
    fanta 📮🐥
    Rinsea 📮🐥
    mech 📮🐥

guest artists
    none this month!
    xxx
    badge key
    ❔ - reach me if you have any questions!
    🎨 - i can approve customs!
    👶 - i can approve growths!
    🌟 - i can do any of the above for you!

📭 - you can reach me the fastest via pm!
    📮 - you can reach me the fastest via discord!

🐣 - i'm a trial staff member, i'm just here for a lil while!
    🐥 - apprentice staff member, i'm still learning!
    🐤 - graduated staff member, i can handle it!
    🐔 - senior staff member, i've been here a while!

☔ - having a rainy day? reach me for support!
    📅 - goommunity planner! please reach me if you need any help!
    👻 - i'm on hiatus, please don't contact me!
Last edited by castiiian on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 35 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | goob info

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:26 pm

singular: goob ∙ plural: goobies or goobs (informal)
    baby singular: goo ∙ plural: goos
    origin
    • goobies are were possibly related to tardigrades ...?
        or maybe they're more like bacteria! the main parts that make up a goobie are a membrane (the stuff holding the goo), cytoplasm (the stuff inside the goo), and the various parts of the cells that keep it running!
    anatomy
    • goobies are made entirely of goo.
        they might look like they have fur, feathers, scales and more, but these are all just very elaborate membrane formations! the goo membrane is considered to be one of the most adaptive structures known, as it can alter its hardness, density, and texture. this mimicking is done for several reasons: to camouflage, intimidate, and attract partners. the goo membrane can so perfectly mimic natural features that many will never even realize goobies are made of purely goo!
    • goobies are considered to be indestructible.
        goobies have no bones to break, among many other things! even if they were to lose a chunk of goo, they could simply reabsorb it upon finding it again, or grow it back again over time!
    • goobies "breathe" through their membrane!
        goobies find respiratory systems completely pointless; it's way easier to just breathe through your skin!
    • goobies "eat" by absorbing substances!
        food passes through their membrane and is then slowly absorbed by their goo. you can actually see their food floating around in their goo, breaking down slowly and being turned into nutrients! mmmhh, yum!
    • goos are super small, but goobies are super big!
        goos are usually around 3 inches tall, but many come in different shapes, so it's hard to get an accurate measurement!
        goobies are usually 10 feet tall at the top of the head, gobs are considerably larger than this, the closer a goob is to the great gob, the larger it is...!
    goo
    • goo always has a scent and a taste, but the two don't always have to correlate.
        examples: strawberry scent and taste, ocean smell and chocolate taste, etc...!
    • goo can melt like candle wax, or freeze like popsicles.
        because of this, you'll see most goobies living in favorable, mild climates.

species basics
    • digitigrade front paws !
    • plantigrade hind paws !
    • access to grantings !
    😇
    x
    agels
    • lives in sky !
    • membrane wing(s) !
    • membrane halo(s) !
    • exclusive access to fantasticals !
    😈
    x
    diabs
    • lives on earth !
    • membrane horn(s) !
    • membrane tail(s) !
    • exclusive access to mutagens !
Last edited by castiiian on Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 18 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | traits

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:26 pm

traits are divided into three categories; grantings, fantasticals, and mutagens.
    grantings are allowed to be used by both agels and diabs. the short hand is referred to as (g).
    fantasticals are exclusive to agels and mutagens are exclusive to diabs.
    because fantasticals and mutagens can only be used by their respective fraction, they are both referred to in short hand as (t).

adding a number to any short hand, (g) or (t), will tell you which tier the trait is from.
    for example, (t3) will tell you the trait comes from the third tier of either the fantastical or mutagen list.

traits listed below may be edited from base or custom-made.
    even small changes, such as moving the location of the default halo, will result in a trait change.
    🦠 agel/diab
    grantings (g1)
    • fur
    • hair
    • backmane
    • weight
    • pupil shape
    • pawpad shape
    • tongue shape
    • sparkly (sparkles in membrane)
    • drop the disguise (missing or simplified eyes, ears, mouth, and/or nose)
    grantings (g2)
    • ears
    • additional ears
    • height
    • size
    • body length
    • bioluminescence
    • extra sparkly (holographic, iridescent, etc in goo)
    • dripping membrane/goo
    • membrane pawpads
    • charms within membrane
    • vestigial goo elsewhere on body
    • single limb replaced by goo
    • color change
    • unstable features (ears/eyes/nose dripping)
    grantings (g3)
    • membrane opacity change
    • goo window into body (max 40% of body)
    • blindingly sparkly (effects and sparkles previously in goo can appear on body or in vicinity)
    • multiple limbs replaced by goo
    • nose shape change/nose "mimic"
    • elemental attributes (limit 1 element)
    • animated features
    • goo effect
    • unstable form (body dripping)
    😇 agels
    fantasticals (t1)
    • custom membrane halo (max 1)
    • custom membrane wings (max 2)
    • custom non-membrane tail
    • multiple eyes
    • minor plant growth (1 type)
    • cracking features (small/slightly cracked on eyes, ears, nose, tongue, paws, etc)
    fantasticals (t2)
    • additional membrane halo(s)
    • additional membrane wing(s)
    • multiple tails
    • major plant growth (3 types)
    • inanimate object growth
    • nonmembrane horns
    • cracking form (small/slightly cracked on body, limbs, etc)
    • crystalized goo (hardened, heavy goo)
    fantasticals (t3)
    • additional heads (max 5)
    • nonmembrane halo(s)
    • inanimate object limbs (<50%)
    • disembodied features
    • overgrowth (limb replaced by plant, abundance of plants, etc)
    • fully cracked (majorly cracked, cracks split open to see inside, traits may spill from cracks)
    😈 diabs
    mutagens (t1)
    • custom membrane horns (max 2)
    • custom membrane tail
    • spikes/scales
    • single eye
    • claws
    • teeth
    • facial structure
    mutagens t2
    • multiple irises
    • minor genetic splicing (max ~40%)
    • undead features
    • living features (tailmouth, etc)
    • additional membrane horn(s)
    • additional membrane tail(s)
    • nonmembrane wings
    mutagens t3
    • extra limbs (up to 4)
    • major genetic splicing (max ~60%)
    • form change
    trait breakdown
    g1 traits are very common, found often in adopts and events.
    g2 traits are common, found semi-regularly in adopts and events.
    g3 traits are rare, found mostly in mini and full events.
    g4 traits mark minor gobs. they are extraordinary, found rarely but may show up anywhere...
    g5 traits mark major gobs. they are gobly, found very rarely but may show up anywhere...

t1 traits are common, found occasionally in adopts and events.
    t2 traits are uncommon, found normally in events and sometimes adopts.
    t3 traits are very rare, found sometimes in mini and full events.
    t4 traits mark minor gobs. they are extraordinary, found rarely but may show up anywhere...
    t5 traits mark major gobs. they are gobly, found very rarely but may show up anywhere...
    free traits
    free traits are stylistic choices that artists can add, remove, or otherwise alter freely without staff approval.
    free traits do not pass in the nursery and do not need to be listed as traits.
    if your free traits hide too much of the original design, you may need a separate reference for the nursery.
    free traits
    • expression
    • scars/missing limbs
    • tattoos (for large tattoos: have a separate, untattooed reference for the nursery!)
    • eye style
    • accessories
    • gloss/gooey style of membrane
    • shading/highlighting
    archive of trait changes/events...
Last edited by castiiian on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 41 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | goobies lore

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:27 pm

goobies is a fairly lore heavy species, there's new lore introduced occasionally during events!
    of course, your own goobies need to follow the species lore, your own universe can be anything you like!
    ⭐ our story so far... (tldr)
      all goobies were once one creature, called the great gob. it was hungry and lonely and roamed tirelessly before choosing a planet to settle down on. this planet had plenty of food, but a dominate lifeform, and it needed some terraforming to be a truly perfect home. they create goo creatures to do this, and split into the gob and gobbess to rule these creatures. these first goobies and goo-offs are only made to conquer, they didn't have much free thought and were always hungry.

the gob and gobbess are still lonely, and each struggle with these feelings. the gobbess feels like she must conquer more to fix this, and the gob grows miserable as he receives less attention. he begins to make sentient goo-offs to cheer himself up, and eventually starts to make goobies in the same way. when the gobbess learns this, the two break out into a fight and the gob casts out the gobbess.

several hundred years pass and the gobbess is still gone. goobies start to forget their history as they continue to grow. the gob goes into hiding to be forgotten too, and eventually goobies forget who their creator was.

the gobbess comes back, and she's still the same, she wants to conquer and treats goobies as mindless. when she threatens the goobies, specifically the diabs, the gob comes out of hiding to protect them. he was disguised as a plain goob, experiencing life among them. the gob sends the gobbess away again.

the goobies discover a new subspecies of goob. mergoos are diab goobies adapted for aquatic life, they live deep in the ocean, and are kept below water by soldiers still loyal to the gobbess. these goobies are kept beneath the waves to lessen the gob's loyal forces.

while the gobbess is away, she begins to create things on her own. though she doesn't send messages to the goobies or most goo-offs, she does contact the goobles. she commands them, leading the goobles to crash land on the goobies' planet, with a mission to destroy the ecosystem by eating all the worms. when the goobies help them fix their crashed space ship though, they leave without further incident.

the gobbess returns! the gob and gobbess fight, and the goobles crash land on the planet and help the gobbess. the gob is kicked into space, which causes all the stars in the sky to vanish except one. the large, single remaining star in the sky is the gob himself, looking down upon the goobies still.

the gobbess tries to be better to her goobies, as they are miserable following the departure of the gob. she reveals their long forgotten history and even introduces them to her ancient followers, the fallen agels.

the goobies discover a new subspecies of goob. fallen agels are agel goobies who live underground, they are ancient goobies who were made to consume the earth from within. their age and time underground, eating minerals, has caused their goo to crystalize. though they can no longer fly, they are still loyal to the gobbess.

the final star in the sky begins to grow fainter and soon vanishes. the gob is thought to be dead, and a séance proves it. the goobies make contact with the spirit of the gob, and he vows to return. all the meanwhile, black matte goo drops from the sky, and starts to pile up across the earth.
    the great gob
      before the great separation, the gob and gobbess were one single entity, a creature of completion and devotion to itself. many researchers of goob history consider it to have been the perfect being. it was the size of a nebula, a gooey mass of ever-shifting parts, containing entire planets within its protective membrane. its estimated to have been born during the creation of the galaxy itself, and over its infinite lifespan, has obtained many unique abilities and powers.

however, despite all its gifts, not all was well for the great gob. it was plagued by loneliness and boredom. it roamed the galaxy in search of companionship and something of interest. while it met many creatures and found many planets, some of which it consumed, it could find nothing that could fill the gapping… sense of something missing.

eventually, the great gob decided to entertain itself by trying to do something it has never done before. it collected atmospheres, elements and solids, and pushing them together, created its very own planet. it collected seeds and creatures to inhabit this planet, and alone maintained the many environments within the world… it was quite troublesome work, and, despite having an entire planet to care for, its loneliness was yet to be satiated.

so once again, it decided to try something new. this time, it created life, dripping fragments of its perfect being, creating the very first goos. unintentionally these goos came to be major gobs, as they were embedded with pieces of the great gob’s power and purpose. while these great gobs proved to be excellent assistance in more smoothly managing the world, the loneliness persisted.
      additionally, there was little to do between the great gob and all the major gobs. so, they created more creatures in their image. minor gobs, demigobs, and regular goobies all came to be, until the world was populated, and, seemingly complete. but… not all was truly complete.

the great gob was still lonely, and had a single idea left, to become two halves instead of one whole. ultimately, the great gob decided to split itself in two, a gob to rule the land, and a gobbess to rule the skies...

the gob
      he raises the moon, brings fall after summer, and loves each goocreature the same... more later.

the gobbess
      she raises the sun, brings the spring after winter, and favors the simple minded goobles over the goobies... more later.
Last edited by castiiian on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 14 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | goobies events

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:27 pm

goob holidays
      • goo-volution
          celebrated during february!

goo-volution is set on the date when the great gob first separated, which is why it is also known as 'the revolution' or 'the great separation'. this is a goob holiday during which agels and diabs pay respects to their differences, basically, what makes them unique from one another! prior to the separation, the great gob was worshipped by all goobies, as there wasn't much difference between goobies back then. nowadays, agels give thanks to the gobbess and diabs give thanks to the gob during this holiday.

long ago, the great gob would spend time with its creations during this holiday; and when it split into the gob and gobbess, even then the two would spend time and care for their goobies. however... it has been several hundred years since the gob or gobbess have been seen... continue the story. (2022)

goovolution 2022
          goovolution 2023
          goovolution 2024

• gooble festival
          celebrated during april!

a strange alien species, not too different from goobies, has a knack for crash landing on planets and destroying their ecosystem… at least, that’s what they’re supposed to do, but then again, they are an awful lot like goobies! goobles are silly little creatures, who only desire to create chaos and eat worms…

the goobies must work together to help get the goobles off their planet... before they can eat every last worm! seriously, what would happen to the ecosystem?! plus, the chaos the goobles pull is just a little too much to have around- they’re getting on everyone’s nerves!

the gooble commander, gootenant marshmallow, will show the goobies how to help get the goobles back home… maybe by starting on fixing the ship!

let’s just hope they don’t make anymore crash landings!

gooble festival 2022
          goo-off festival 2023

• goobilee
          celebrated during june!

the goobilee is a festival of love!

romantic love, platonic love, and familial love are all celebrated as goobies honor one another with gifts and gratitude! we make sure to show our love for one another, our love for life, our love for creatures, our love for our gobs, and our love for the planet during this event!

it's so important to appreciate what we have, and to remember that we're not alone!

goobilee 2022
          goobilee 2023
      • rotating event
          celebrated during august!

no one really knows how this holiday got started… it just started happening mysteriously after the goo-volution’s traditions changed! every year on the dot, a random goob sets up a whole event for all goobies to attend and enjoy.

no one really knows how the goob is decided- or if it’s just secretly the same goob the entire time… maybe the event would be better spent solving this mystery… nah! it’s much more fun to play along in these events! one of the most famous has been the beachside summer vacation!

i wonder what the event will be this year?

gooish 2022
          fallen agels 2023
      • goo-o-ween
      • goomas
          celebrated during december!

goomas is about celebrating new life and the birth of goos… but it’s also more than just that!
          because goos are born sentient and capable, the moment they come into existence they begin to make decisions that shape them as goobies. one common goomas tradition known as the ‘goobening’, involves hosting a party and inviting every goo and goob to join in. during this goomas party, several bowls and containers are laid out on the floor that contain an assortment of foods and materials. the goos are then allowed to explore the arrangement one at a time, often times lured to a few favorite items, which will end up shaping who they are in the future!

goomas 2021
          goomas 2022
          goomas 2023
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | community center

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Image──────────────────────────────────────────────
    giftlines

cheeb psd lines by vympyre
    you can also find the download on our discord server!

goomas avatar by nio

"how's the weather?" by bakuraas.

giftlines by malhare

april fools 2023 by castiiian

stamps

stamp made by ᕀᕀᕀ

stamp made by bakuraas.

stamp made by nio

stamps/blinkies made by castiiian

have something to submit to the community center?
    post on the goo stars thread or on our discord!
Last edited by castiiian on Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies | frequently asked questions

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:28 pm

how do goobies work?
    • goobies are a closed species, meaning you cannot make your own without the required item (a make-your-own ticket).

in order to adopt a goob, you can click on any of the available goobies. you can find links to them on discord, or just manually check each posted goob's page, or, the archive!

once you find a goob you like, read what is required to obtain this goob. artists can hold a contest however they like, whether is be a contest, raffle, auction, or flatsale. please follow the artist's post to enter for the goob! the artist will be the one to choose a winner.

if you've won or purchased the adopt, congrats, you have a goob! they are now yours, and you can make them a character, keep them in a collection, breed them, trade them, or whatever sounds best to you! be sure to read the rules to see what you can't do with your goob.
    where can i find a list of currently open goobies?
    • the most convenient way would be to check out our archives.
      if a goob doesn't have an owner listed, then they're either currently open for adoption or are pending being judged!
      additionally, adoptable goobies will usually have a sign on them with "adopt me" or "open"!
    do i have to follow the canon goob species info or the canon goob lore?
    • no. you can make your own character, world, or etc!
    how do i claim an artist search entry?
    • post on the thread, asking the artist if you can claim their design!
      remember, you need a myo to turn a claimed entry into a real goob!
    how do i move a claimed artist search goob to the customs page?
    • 1. "color-in" your artist search goob.
      you must be "added" to the goob's oekaki page in order to color it in.
      ask the artist/original poster to add you if they haven't already!

• 2. click "save" at the top left and click "save and post".
      click the dropdown and select "Adopts 2: Pets", it's the best place to post it!
      in your message, be sure to fill out the form on the myo thread.

• 3. on your post, click the "report" button at the top right.
      select "other" or "posted off topic" and ask a moderator to move your topic's color in under the right thread! be sure to link the moderator where it should be:
      Code: Select all
      https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4616309

• 4. you're all done!
      in a few hours, or whenever the moderators have time, your color-in will be moved to the correct thread!
      don't forget to follow all the rules and requirements listed on the myo thread!
    what do trial staff do?
    • trial staff work as regular staff, but are on trial for a month! they answer questions, make goobies, and can claim their monthly staff payment at the month's end. trial artists will have to have their goobies approved by regular staff before releasing it, and their responses approved by regular staff for questions and such. it's basically a test run! if trial staff do well during their trial, they'll be offered a full time position! trial artists are required to make a minimum of 3 goobies during the month in order to be considered for fulltime.
    can goo and goo membrane have designs?
    • absolutely! goo and goo membrane can have any color or designs.
    the myo prices are too high!
    • when you buy from the shop, its...
      1. a luxury purchase!
        you're buying because you don't want to wait for an event, or won't have much time to participate in an event.
      2. it supports us!
        some people don’t feel comfortable donating and getting nothing in return, so, that’s what the shop is for! obviously you don’t have to donate to the admins and purchase from the shop, it’s just there for the people who would like to support us! :)
    there are too many rewards during events/myos are too easy to get during events!
    • our events are supposed to be highly rewarding!
      1. i want to reward users who are active in our community and participate in our events!
      2. i want to have a way for users who can’t pay to be able to afford goob myos/items.

cast says:
      "so!! basically, things are designed in such a way that… 🤔 idk. idk how else to say it, but i don’t want to be greedy?? sure, i can make events give out less prizes so people are forced to buy shop items, but i don’t have any plans to. i have made things this way because i am happy with the attentive, supportive and kind community we have, and am okay with just that. like everyone else with a hobby, of course i’d like to make money off of it if i could, but right now this is enough for me! the attention i get from goobies outweighs my need to commercialize, if that makes sense!"
      response pulled from the discord's #questions channel.
    how can i earn myos for free?
    • there are a lot of ways to obtain myos besides purchasing them from the shop!

events
        we host an event every other month, where users can purchase many trait items and myos for free.
        for examples of what you can earn during events, view our "item page" in our bank!

kudos shop & scented goos
        reward for high kudos/karma members! (still a bit of a wip!)

goo stars
        an option for those who want to collect more traits but can't wait for events!

staff work
        staff members can select to obtain myos or other treats for their activity!
    question
    • answer
Last edited by castiiian on Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me