Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: [12] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 am

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 4 (322/500 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Hal | he/him| HP 95% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 94% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Chachar | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Pinepaw (Pineapple) | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Lily | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
  • scraps | 1 FP | x2
  • rabbit| 4 FP | x1

Active Quests
  • n/a

Inventory
Prey:
  • scraps | 1 FP | x2
  • bugs | 1 FP | x2
  • vole | 2 FP | x2
  • squirrel | 3 FP | x3
  • minnow | 3 FP | x1
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x2
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • horsetail | x2
  • parsley | x1
  • burnet | x3
  • feverfew | x1
  • ragwort | x1
  • dried oak leaves | x1
  • goldenrod | x1
  • goatweed | x1
  • broom | x1
  • bright-eye | x1
  • water hemlock | x1
  • celadine | x1
  • catchweed | x1
  • dock | x1
  • chervil | x2
  • deadly nightshade | x1
"Lily..." he whispered, his pulse starting to quicken as his heart leapt into his throat with a mixture of fear and excitement. Fear, for he had heard stories of those top avian predators, swooping down and stealing kits away for a meal. Those kits had never been recovered, and though they were given an honorable mourning, he never wanted Lily to be taken away from him, even if it was by an exalted bird. Lily was still just a little fluffball, barely out of the nursery- it was her first day as an apprentice, in fact. A hawk could easily scoop her up, and then she'd be beyond the reach of even her powerful parents' paws. Excitement, for this was also the first time he had the chance to confront such a majestic bird; Lissidom truly held birds in high esteem, and he always wondered if he would be able to tame a powerful bird by himself. He had once seen a noble peregrine falcon, diving down to earth like a comet landing from the heavens in a flash of resplendent majesty, as soon as it saw prey from afar. This image had always remained in his mind, imprinted there forever. His father forbade him from getting close, however, as he was too young to possibly have a single hope of taming a bird a hundred times stronger. He hadn't seen any bird as powerful as that peregrine falcon since; the large predators were quite rare in Lissidom, in the places he frequented for patrols. And this time, he was directly on the cusp of seeing a real, living hawk; an apex predator. He couldn't stop the stirrings of excitement coming to life between the pervasive feelings of fear.

Lily stared at the feather for a few moments, uncomprehending. "What is it, Pineapple?" she asked, questioningly, without any ounce of fear present in her words. Her reaction was naturally different from his; she was still basically a kit, and was at the stage where the reverence of birds, from the tales the elders told in the nursery for moons, would overwhelm any fear she might hold in anticipation for meeting a bird; in fact, she likely didn't know just how much damage a hawk could do. Kits grew up in the safe village of Lissidom, hearing only stories of how wonderful birds were. Naturally, they would never come into contact with the danger birds posed; the only birds they saw were the tamed ones, friends of the clan. It was only when they had become an apprentice that they would start to hear about the other side of the egg; where birds could be equally as dangerous as they could be loving, and a newly anointed apprentice would never stand a chance against one.

"It's a hawk's feather, Lily," Pinepaw answered. Her eyes brightened, and started to sparkle. He could tell that as soon as she heard 'hawk,' she had the urge to track it down and find it, and maybe make friends with it. But that was too dangerous; she was likelier to become a snack than a friend. But he could tell right away, that she wanted the two of them seeking out the hawk by themselves, so that they could bring it back to the clan with a blinding halo of glory, on her first day as an apprentice. Before she could even open her mouth to bring up this terrible idea, he tried to make her understand the danger of hawks. "Hawks are very dangerous, Lily. They can easily snatch you off the ground, and in the air, cats like us are powerless. Hawks also eat cats." He paused, gauging her reaction. Her mouth had set into a stubborn line, and he knew he wasn't convincing her. "They can rip you into shreds in an instant," he added. She remained unconvinced.

"I don't care," she replied, and he knew that she had not believed his words. "I think we should go after it together, this could be so exciting- don't you think so, Pineapple?"

Pinepaw shook his head. He could indulge her on anything else, but for this matter, he had to put his paw down. "No. We need to report this to the warriors, they'll know what to do." Leaning down, he picked up the feather in his mouth, and gestured for them to rejoin the rest of the patrol. He eyed the skies. For now, they were safe under the brush, but he didn't know where the hawk could be lurking; it could appear at any instant, and they needed to be within the safety of the patrol by then.

Tears sprung into Lily's eyes, and her cheeks trembled with anger. She wasn't used to being rejected by her childhood playmate in this manner, and she wanted to go after the hawk. Before he could stretch out his tail and draw her towards the direction of the rest of the patrol, she angrily huffed out, "Fine then, Pineapple. Don't go. But with or without you, I am going." And without that, she quickly dashed out from under the brush and raced out into the snow, determined to find the hawk somehow, no matter what.

"Lily!" He called, dropping the feather onto the ground. "Lily, come back!" He tried to go after her, but she was a fast runner, and with the element of surprise, had already gained a large head start. The snowflakes in the wind were starting to stir around rapidly as well, with intermittent snow flurries starting to appear; a snowstorm was incoming. Before long, he could no longer see her pale-colored figure, as she blended into the endless stretch of snow.

The wave of panic flooding over him immobilized him for a moment; he didn't know what to do, and he had lost Lily, whom he had always considered his responsibility. But his rational mind soon overcame the panic, and he returned quickly to their original spot to grab the feather, before racing to rejoin the rest of the patrol in the spot he and Lily had left them in, and handing them the feather. Between pants, he explained the whole situation. Worried murmurs spread through the group, and Lissi, ever the leader, decided immediately that they needed to go after Lily.

And if they needed to confront this hawk on the way, so be it.

[confront the hawk]

[1068 words]

Notes:
- thank you, Vivika!! >w<)/<3
- use 1x rabbit (4 FP) and 2x bugs (1 FP) to set the hunger of all 6 cats to 0% after this post!
- editing 8/17 to correct links for last post & last response!

Last edited by LiLi041 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby xem » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:41 am

Lissidom
LiLi041

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The sound of thundering paws roared through the crisp open air, snow flying in their wake as the group rushed after the young Lily. Guilt tugged at Pineapple’s heart, unable to help but feel as if this was his fault. Perhaps he should’ve treated the situation differently or⎯⎯no, it didn’t matter right now. All that mattered was bringing Lily home safe.

Snow began to dance in the sky, the skies rolling in with soft colors of gray. It dimmed the snow beneath them, as doom seemed to impend around the cats.

“Lily?”

“Lily!”

Their cries resonated against the lands before them, but to no avail. Pineapple could only hope the falling snow would ward the hawk away, and ensure Lily wouldn’t be finding the beast anytime soon. Though, her winding trail of pawprints seemed to die out, as the snow was much thinner under the denser trees. But where was Lily?

A siren went off in the skies, a screech, as a menacing shadow above swept over them. Another feather fell from the sky, falling before Pineapple’s nose. His jaws gaped in horror, his limbs freezing in place.

“Stick together!” Lissi called, the team of five pressing against one another in a circle, their eyes turned upward. “Do not stray from the group, attack if it comes near. Only if it is near.”

Pineapple watched the hawk as it circled, wondering if had already taken his beloved Lily into its grasping talons. Legs quivering, he tried to stand up taller, to brace for an attack. Shadows of the beast still lingered above, but oh how the shadow grew, as the bird began lowering itself. There was silence for a long time as the bird seemed to glide above them, the calm before the storm. Because there was seemingly no warning as the bird suddenly shot downwards, a bolt of lightning, extending its limbs to strike at the cat on the edge of the group. Maurus.

Cries and yowls shot through the air, claws flying towards the birds legs. Charchar caught the meaty upper leg of the bird in his jaws, the bird flapping furiously. As the other cats leaped and tried to latch onto the bird, the hawk suddenly began to lift itself up into the air, while CharChar remained latched onto it. “Charchar!” Maurus cried, the bird floundering a few tail lengths into the air as it tried to grab the cat with its other talon.

With a sudden jolt of adrenaline, Pineapple leaped upward. Higher than he had ever leapt before, almost flying as his dark body shot upwards as high as his legs dared to take him. Now he was the lightning, shooting upwards with incredible force. His teeth caught the bird's free leg, just barely. With the combined weight of two cats, the hawk fell to the ground in a struggle. The higher power falling from its throne, straight into the paws of the felines below.

Within moments, every single cat was on top of the hawk, making quick work of the beast. Just as quickly as the fear had started, it was over. The air was still again.

The cats looked at each other, as if to imagine what would have happened to them if things hadn’t gone their way. As the silence persisted, Pineapple caught a glimpse of a figure in the distance. Lily!

【 +1 Hawk, +10 XP】

As Pineapple rushed towards the young cat, his heart still hammered in his chest, a storm not yet quelled. As the faint scent of blood touched his nose, his eyes widened in fear. “Lily?! Lily are you alright?” He asked in a panic.

It was obvious she was shaken up, frozen, a small streak of crimson running down her forehead. “It… It almost got me… I’m so sorry…” She whispered, trembling.

【 -3% HP from Lily, No Herbs or Rest Required to Heal 】

Pineapple nuzzled her, licking her forehead clean, before burying his face into the fur of her shoulder. His tail wrapped around her paws, silently grateful that she was safe. The hawk was gone.

The rest of the patrol looked at the two silently, the snow continuing to fall elegantly before them, the gray skies deepening into a darker charcoal. Lissi dipped her head, “We should return home for the day. There is nothing more for us here.”

Level Up!

Level 4 → Level 5 (22/600)

+3 FP, +2 Herbs, +1 Random Custom, +150 SD

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +160 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+20 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+10 XP for Predator Battle
❖ 【
+10 XP for Prey
❖ 【
+10% Hunger from All Cats

Total

+200 XP
+1 Hawk (5 FP)
+3 FP of your Choice
+2 Herbs of your Choice
+1 Random Custom
+150 SD

◣⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◢

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdbones » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:35 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────
00000000Tribe of gathering storm0000000000000last explore post|last reply post
──────────────────
Image0001000Image
000.0Sorrel00000000000000000Dawn
|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|0000|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|
Image0000010Image
000.0Frost00000000000000000Moon
|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|0000|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|
──────────────────
Death opt here Level 1|114/200
Items used n/a Quests n/a
Inventory 2xjuniper berries,5xswallow
1xbroom,1xpoppy seeds,1xlizard
──────────────────
Prey + Predators
Field mouse|1 FP0Swallow|2 FP0Fish|3 FP
Lizard|3 FP0Rabbit|4 FP0Hawk|5 FP
Snake |Found in barren lands & forbidden forest.
Mountain lion |Found in mountains & barren lands.
Fox |Found most often in the pines.
──────────────────

┌─────────────────────┐

✦ A fox has been scented close to the border!
    Does the patrol confront the fox or leave it be?✦

The patrol of cats decided to follow scent of the fox.
    Frost signalled for the cats to follow him into the near
    by undergrowth, the 3 cats followed frost into the
    thick undergrowth pushing the dense foliage aside.
    Frost suddenly signalled for the cats to halt, he lifted
    his head and opened his mouth tasting and smelling
    the air. 'I think were getting close, be ready to fight if
    we come across the fox' he whispered. The three other
    cats drew there claws and continued into a small
    clearing. Frost's fur stood on end he knew the foxes
    den was just ahead under an old huge pine tree. The
    four cats slowly approached the end entrance getting
    ready to fight if need be. Frost was the first to reach
    the entrance, he quickly realised the den was full,
    of 4 small fox kits. He signalled for the patrol to move
    away quietly in hopes to not attract the attention
    of the mother fox which could be near by.
    [170 words]

└─────────────────────┘
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌

█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌

──────────────────────────────────── quote ──────

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
╔═══════════════╗

𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫 [/ˈreɪvə/]
(noun informal)
!!your amazing!!
hey, i'm birdbones,
i'm on toyhou.se n DA (@yeanbones)
i'm also on artfight (@birdbones)
i'm always looking for art!
(See also:
Icon shop
art © ©)

╚═══════════════╝
birdbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[13] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:04 am

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 5 (22/600 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Hal | he/him| HP 95% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 94% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Chachar | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Pinepaw (Pineapple) | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Lily | she/her| HP 97% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
  • scraps | 1 FP | x1
  • hawk | 5 FP | x1

Active Quests
  • n/a

Inventory
Prey:
  • scraps | 1 FP | x1
  • bugs | 1 FP | x2
  • vole | 2 FP | x2
  • squirrel | 3 FP | x4
  • minnow | 3 FP | x1
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x2
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • horsetail | x2
  • parsley | x1
  • burnet | x3
  • feverfew | x1
  • ragwort | x1
  • dried oak leaves | x1
  • goldenrod | x1
  • goatweed | x1
  • broom | x1
  • bright-eye | x1
  • celadine | x1
  • catchweed | x1
  • dock | x1
  • chervil | x2
  • deadly nightshade | x1
Lily didn't say a single word the entire way home, and after exchanging a quick glance, her parents had tacitly decided to not say anything until they reached home, lest more accidents happen due to the snowstorm. The mood of the patrol was somber, and not a single sound was released into the air, except the sounds of the hawk being dragged across the snowy ground with the combined efforts of Chachar, Maurus, and Hal.

Pinepaw was walking by Lily's side, safely between Lissi at the front and Chachar, Maurus, Hal, and the hawk bringing up the rear. He opened his mouth several times, intending to say something, though whether it was going to be comforting or scolding, he didn't know, for each time, he ended up not saying anything. The previous all-encompassing fear had given way to an enormous wave of relief flooding over him when he saw Lily. Now, both of those extreme emotions had faded, and his emotions had largely settled back to their original state. His heart still pounded when he thought of what had happened, but it was only a fraction of what he had felt just an hour ago. Now, room for anger was opening up; anger that Lily had been so rash, rushing headlong into danger with only the idea of glory in mind, and not a single workable plan floating around in her headspace. And anger at himself for not watching over her well enough; he should have known better; he had known Lily for her entire life, and was her closest playmate. She had always been a reckless kitten; she just hadn't had the chance of creating much damage inside guarded walls of the nursery. He should have known that this thoughtless recklessness would've reached its peak on her first day outside of the nursery, a time when she still had no sense of the limits of her ability, and only an expansive imagination of all she desired to do and accomplish.

He wanted to tell Lily of his feelings, to talk with her. But looking at her depressed state, her head drooping low as her paws lifted wearily to take one small step after another, his heart softened and he couldn't bear to say anything; he was sure it'd only make her feel worse, and the most important thing was that she was okay, in the end. Besides, she looked like she had already realized the extent of her mistakes today, and knew her wrongs.

So they were silent. Pinepaw tuned out the sounds of the other cats around them, and continued stepping in tandem with Lily, with nothing other than the sound of snow crunching under their paws filling his ears.

~*~*~

They made it back to camp, safe and sound, just as the snowstorm was reaching a dangerous level of intensity. They quickly took shelter under the welcoming eves of the camp, huddling together in the warmth created by the body heat of dozens of cats crouched down together, like penguin chicks not quite rid of their fluff, trying to block out the freezing cold wind. Pinepaw always enjoyed these times; they were some of the most peaceful times, despite the raging snowstorm close outside. No matter how the snowstorms raged, they couldn't reach in here, and Pinepaw enjoyed the feeling of the comfortable warmth covering him like a blanket. Quiet chatter was heard from the surrounding cats every once in a while, and the news of the hawk that had just been hunted was being passed around. 'Epic battle' was the phrase he heard being repeated the most, but he couldn't hear the cats from too far away due to the quietness of the whispers and the constant background noise being provided by the snowstorm outside.

He glanced at his usual conversation partner during this clan huddles, Lily. Her spirits seemed to have recovered some since the walk back, though she hadn't seemed to have said anything yet. Her eyes did look a bit glassy though; he hoped that she wasn't crying. He knew she'd find it embarrassing to have stories circulate about her running off foolishly to befriend a hawk; being found in such a state by her parents and her friend was already embarrassing enough, and even now, some blood still coated her forehead. Hearing any rumors spread would just be rubbing salt in the wound, though luckily, the other patrol members seemed to have tacitly agreed to not talk about Lily's part in the hawk fight. He hadn't heard her name mentioned in the whispers more than once or twice, and only for being a witness to such an epic battle on her first day as an apprentice.

Pinepaw once again hesitated to talk. But he decided to attempt making conversation with her. "Lily?" he called, with enough hesitation that his voice came out slightly quieter than usual. Lily seemed to not have heard him. Her delicate, small ears didn't even twitch at the call of her name. She was spacing out, he supposed, and he gave up. At least she looked a little better on the outside, and they could always talk later, he thought. He didn't usually give up so easily, but Lily had never been affected this badly before, and he wasn't sure what to do, always scared of saying something that would make it worse. The clan huddle was spent in silence, and even when the snowstorm died down, she still looked a bit out of it.

~*~*~

"Pinepaw!" three little voices called out, accompanied by light paws stampeding across the ground as loudly as kitten paws could. Pinepaw turned from where he was sitting to see the three little white kittens, Bobkit, Sweetkit, and Moonkit. They were his half-siblings, and five months younger than him. Currently, this rambunctious 3-moon-old trio were making as much trouble as they could around camp, filling the void in daily troublemaking caused by Lily's promotion to an apprentice. They must've gotten tired from running around so much, he mused, and had come over to play with Lily again. But now was not the time, as everyone was gathering to listen to Lissi's speech.

"Shh," he shushed them. "Listen to our leader's speech." Three little curious eyes peered up at the leader, listening quietly to the speech praising the bravery of the warriors today in taking down such a powerful bird of prey, and giving an honorable eulogy to such a venerable hawk, and declaring that today would be a feast. In between the praises, the kittens had already lost interest, as kittens were wont to do, and had already started smacking each other with their paws after a botched game of patty cake. Lily, who would usually separate them, didn't even seem to notice them. He knew that she was likely thinking about the scolding she'd received from her parents earlier, after the huddle. He had heard it beginning, despite the distance between them and the relatively private corner her parents had chosen. Lily had looked completely cowed, her fluffy ears drooping sadly, pressed tightly to her skull in anxiety, and his heart had ached painfully for her, so he had run over to be scolded with her. It was mostly his fault, after all, he reflected. Lissi and Hal had exchanged a glance and sighed, before telling them to just remember this as a lesson, and letting them off after a few more well-intentioned scoldings. He had walked off with Lily, and she seemed to have shaken herself out of her prior daze. Or perhaps, it was the scolding that shook her out of it. Regardless, on their walk, she seemed like the easily excited Lily he had seen that morning, as she launched into a barrage of complaints and bereavements, telling him how she had suffered, and how it had been so cold she worried her toe beans would freeze off, and how she had slipped on ice that mysteriously appeared under her feet out of nowhere a few times, and how the hawk hadn't tried to be nice at all. And, she had added quietly, how such a grand bird had turned out so differently from her imagination, from the image she worshipped in her mind.

Now, listening to her mother's voice must've caused her to recall the scolding from that afternoon. Despite slipping back into her old, child-like pattern of complaints earlier, she had truly taken her parents' words to heart, and he was glad that she was truly trying to improve after this.

When the speech was over, everyone dug in. He, Lily, and his three young half-siblings shared one of the drumsticks, while Chachar ate the other, the proud young warrior boasting about his contributions to the battle with his loud companion Chirpy enunciating his exclamations with a boastful chirp. With a full belly and the happy chatter of his clanmates surrounding him, Pinepaw slipped into a sweet dreamland, punctured halfway through by a sudden interlude where an enormous hawk with claws like razors swooped down in an instant and made off with Lily. But then the hawk suddenly shrunk in a tiny version of itself, and he easily pinned it down under his paw as he rescued Lily. And then, he and Lily played together among the snowdrifts, like they had done when they were young.

~*~*~

In the morning, after a long lecture about the dangers birds could pose, despite how they were amazing creatures, Lissi had decided they should try patrolling again. "This time, hopefully less eventful," she meowed, levelling her gaze at Lily for a short moment. Lily didn't shrink back however, and puffed her chest out instead.

"It will be," she declared boldly, earning herself some gentle pats from the other warriors and Pinepaw. Lily had truly recovered completely from yesterday's shock. They always did say that kits- he paused in his thoughts and corrected himself- apprentices were the most resilient, after all. And he would be ever grateful for this.

"I'm glad," Lissi said, before turning to head off. The rest of the patrol followed at her heels. What sights would await them today? He wondered if he and Lily would get to race again today. He had won last time, but it was close. It would surely be another exhilarating match today again.

[1719 words]

Notes:
- I'm excited to see what the new kitty will look like XD
- lol this is kinda random but I feel like the way I'm writing it, Pinepaw's really just an old elder stuck in an apprentice's body haha, he needs more youthful energy XD
- picking 2x alder bark and 1x squirrel (3 FP) for level up rewards! ^^
- use 1x hawk (5 FP) and 1x scraps (1 FP) to set the hunger of all 6 cats to 0% after this post!

Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Hello! Sorry to be a pest, but was my explore reply claimed/seen? It's a bit confusing when there isn't an archive to look at :')

Thank you for your help! ^^
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:15 pm

coffee.berry wrote:
Hello! Sorry to be a pest, but was my explore reply claimed/seen? It's a bit confusing when there isn't an archive to look at :')

Thank you for your help! ^^

Hello! No worries at all, your explore reply has already been claimed by one of our writers, and has not been skipped ^^
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:48 am

Tribe of Gathering Storm
birdbones

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Soft squeaks and rustling could be heard within the fox den, one of the kits looking back out into the world at the cats. Frost couldn’t help but glance back at the fox kit as the patrol quietly moved away from them, wondering how such an innocent kit could become such a vicious fox. Oh, hopefully once the kits grew up they would travel far away from the Tribe’s lands.

“Frost. Look.” Sorrel whispered.

Frost was silent for a moment, his head tipping to look around, until he saw what the she-cat was looking at. A frightened lizard, running right towards them. Blinded by fear, the lizard hardly had any time to react as it bolted straight towards the cats.

Moon took out the lizard in their paws with one swift blow, the group looking at each other in confusion. Why had the lizard run towards them?

【 +1 Lizard, +6 XP】

Though, it didn’t take long for the question on everyone’s mind to be answered. For a looming shadow crept out of the trees, pelt of crimson and eyes of gold, the lurking protector made herself known. A low snarl beckoned in her throat, daring to take a few steps closer to the patrol.

The entire group was frozen, looking towards Frost for answers, their patrol leader, knower of all in that moment. The dark tom knew a fight wouldn’t be good. They weren’t as close to the fox den as they were earlier, so he hoped this would lessen the aggravation of the mother fox. Perhaps if they backed away slowly, the fox would leave them be? He knew it was wrong of him to feel bad for the fox kits, future beasts. But he couldn’t assist in leaving the kits motherless. Additionally, it wasn’t worth the injury. Foxes were always cruel creatures, but he could only imagine how much more cruel a fox could be when getting in between one and its offspring.

“Follow my lead. Do not advance.” Frost spoke quietly, as he began leading his cats eastward. He tried to avoid eye contact with the fox, continuing to move out of the its way. Though, the mother did not seem appeased by this, and began to approach them. Dawn took up the rear of the group, and the fox was only a tail length away from him. His heart hammered in his chest, but he followed Frost’s orders. Do not advance. He let his eyes focus on a distant plant growing amongst the tall grass, tipped in yellow. He simply pretended the fox was not there, and the only thing that mattered was the plant before him, the lustrous golden artifact.

As luck would have it, the fox eventually laid off, and returned in the direction of her den. Sighs of relief filled the group, thankful the event had not turned deadly. Dawn could only wonder what would have happened if the fear had gotten the best of him, and he tried to lash out at the fox? He shuddered, continuing to follow the group. They were safe. For now.

Dawn's eyes lifted, spotting the tall plant that he had focused on only moments ago. Tansy. His lucky herb. He plucked it in his jaws, knowing it would likely be of good use for healing. Though it had already served a fairly good purpose.

【 +1 Tansy, +2 XP 】

Level Up!

Level 1 → Level 2 (39/300)

+1 FP, +1 Herb, +1 Common Edit

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +30 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+20 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+10% Hunger for Cats on Patrol
❖ 【
+6 XP Prey, +3 XP Herb

Total

+59 XP
+1 Lizard (3 FP)
+1 Tansy
+1 Herb of Your Choice
+1 FP of Your Choice
+1 Common Edit

◣⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◢

❖ note: hi there, please make sure to link to your cats pages, add in their pronouns, and link to your clan archive in future explore posts! i see you had all these things in your last explore post, so i was able to work off them for the time being. thank you ^^

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 006. [august explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:55 am

x
x
x
x
ImagexxFLEETCLAN !!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (000/100)
new level stats ➔ level 0 (041/100) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    today… the morning was different.
    it cradelled an aura of etheralism and something… peculiar. different. for dancing in the daylight, fading in stardust hues and into the cascading breath of cerulean, the citrine jewel of the morning had been marred. marred with shadows and a raven’s laugh. eclipsed by the moon.

the morning star was no longer a citrine jewel - it was a halo lost by an angel.
    and at that, the ravens laughed once more. cackling as if they were witches trapped clothed in ink feathers with eyes of obsidian and hate.

hate. a force more capable of making flora tremble - even more so than love itself.
    above his head, the ravens were milongueros - ink feathers tracing the canvas above with black as their wings kissed reality, twirling to a beat of a unexistent tango. their lips were stained with poison as they applauded the shadows that marred the citrine jewel of the morning. as they celebrated in parties embellished with an orchestra - one conducted by shadows and shadows alone... leaving only leftovers for the lover of the morning. (+1fp [scraps], +1exp)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 30 expxxfood exp ✧ 01 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 exp-xxherb exp ✧ 00 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/noxxtotal exp ✧ 41 exp--

fp earned ✧ +1fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• no items earned
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +0
• no herbs earned
• no herbs earned
• no herbs earned
user ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ catamitee
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

Last edited by faelyn on Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 007. [august explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:31 am

x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxCORVIDCLAN!!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (000/100)
new level stats ➔ level 0 (036/100) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    and when the raindrops fell… celestial planets were breathed to life, distorting the serene tick of hours floating by like doves swarmed by a delicate whirlwind. time. as effortless as the kiss of daylight, but also an enigma, warped in a nightmarish dream that had come true.

the pebble.
    it was a jewel fathomed of cobble as it glistened among stardust and shattered castles of sand. and even now… in his mind’s eye - it still gleamed. like a sapphire buried beneath the ashen cerulean of a stone, it was… glorious. a moment of wonder as remnants of the rain that had fallen - dwindled into nothing more than a memory.

“hey… robin?” one tap… then two. ivory claws wandering across the curls that lay ruffled against his frame, the hunter’s touch was tentative. “you listening?”
    “y-yeah.” clearing his throat, the words seemed to catch like butterflies in his throat. “i.. uh- i am now.”

the hunter’s lips quirked into a lopsided grin as their voice lowered into an entrancing tone, seemingly luring him to a world of mystery and magic. “well… behold, our catch for today.” (+1fp [bugs], +1exp)
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 25 expxxfood exp ✧ 01 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 exp-xxherb exp ✧ 00 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no-xxtotal exp ✧ 36 exp--

fp earned ✧ +1fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• no items earned
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +0
• no herbs earned
• no herbs earned
• no herbs earned
user ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ osskiar
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:01 am

────────────────(𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓷) ────
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

( added predator / prey list in the appropriate quote column )

"Come on, Mothtremble, you're holding us up!" Whisperfly, contrary to her name, was louder than ever this morning. Mothtremble opened one eye reluctantly, her bisected iris focusing immediately on the willowy she-cat before her. Two large, bright blue eyes glared back at her. Mothtremble closed her eye once more and rolled over in her soft, feather-lined nest. It was much too early in the morning for all of this hullabaloo. She didn't even know what she was holding up, anyways.

Dappleflame snorted from behind the lightly dappled she-cat. "It's no use. She never gets up before noon. We can hunt those pheasants without her." Mothtremble's ears flicked in her nest, and Dappleflame noted with a smile that her tail flicked in recognition of her favorite food. Within half-a-heartbeat, Mothtremble was on her feet and shaking out her pelt, more than ready to start the day. Whisperfly shot Dappleflame an exasperated look.

"You are like a youngster-whisperer, you know that?"

Despite the readiness of the patrol, it was still a harsh morning to step into. With the sun barely peeking over the horizon, the once-lush field that SongClan called home was a desolate wasteland of snow and ice. Every step was a slushy crunch-crunch-crunch beneath their paws and poor Mothtremble had to work twice as hard to keep from being snow-bound as she wiggled and waggled through the sloes. Whisperfly was a ghost among the sea of white the three she-cats had found themselves in, so pale that she faded right into the scenery if you weren't looking for her. Mothtremble almost yelped when the light calico suddenly appeared on her right, whiskers twitching in frustration.

"There's nothing out here!" Whisperfly complained. Mothtremble flicked an ear in agreement. It was a fruitless effort to stay out in the snow, freezing their tails off, when all the birds and mice in the star-grass were safely in their warm, little nests for the rest of leaf-bare. Dappleflame gave the two a withering look.

"Your confidence is exhilarating." The darker she-cat meowed drily. "Just a little bit further and we'll be on the edge of the sparrow-wood. I'm sure BushClan won't mind if we hunt along the border-trees, they rarely ever come out this far in leaf-bare."

Whisperfly raised one eyebrow at this, but said nothing. Mothtremble could hear her stomach rumbling and felt her own churn in echoing agreement. The entire clan was half-starved, with many of the more capable warriors going without food to keep the queens and kits fed. Neither she-cat was ready to argue with the prospect of food, even if the possible consequences included an angry, just-as-hungry patrol.

Dappleflame didn't seem to mind one bit and instead, she pressed on, meowing all the time. "We have nothing to worry about with BushClan. Daisystar and Thymestar are friends and they are our allies. There has never been bad blood between us and...."

She babbled on like this until they reached the tree-line, all the while Mothtremble and Whisperfly made faces behind the patrol leader's back. Clan politics were not their specialty, and they had no real interest in the complicated interplay of alliances and hunting allowances. When would they begin to hunt already?

[ 540 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Whisperfly | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Dappleflame | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mothtremble | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
I'm picking my own!
new prey:
bugs | 1 FP
field mice | 2 FP
random | 3 FP
hares | 4 FP