Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Stars V.2 • Nursery by I Like Bees

Based on Click to view
Artist I Like Bees [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Stars V.2 • Nursery

Postby I Like Bees » Thu May 06, 2021 2:16 pm

x
[ StarsFanclubArchiveFAQMYOQuestsExploreArtist SearchEditsReadoptsDiscord ]

RULES & GUIDELINES
xx i. Please fill out the form completely and properly.
xx ii. Please do not post a form unless an artist has opened slots.
xx iii. Do not attempt to breed a cat on cooldown (see next post).
xx iv. Cats of any gender may breed without the use of donors.
xx v. You may have 1 free litter each calendar month. Each extra requires a boon of fertility from the shop.
xx vi. Anyone may use NPCs to breed (see third post).
xx vii. Related cats cannot have any kittens together, even if they are related only in lore.
xx viii. You cannot sell/trade your cats' breeding slots.

x
x

BREEDING FORM
Code: Select all
[b]I want some kittens![/b]
[b]Artist:[/b]

[b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Last accepted form:[/b] Please link to where your form was accepted.

[b]Other username + ID:[/b] If the other cat is owned by a different user, write their username here. If this litter has only one user, you may delete this section.
[b]Other user's last accepted form:[/b] Please link to where your form was accepted.

[b]Cat 1:[/b] This cat will carry the kittens. Must be adult. Please link to oekaki thread or off-oekaki approval.
[b]Permission:[/b] Permission unless owned by self here. N/A for NPCs.
[b]Last bred:[/b] If never bred, write that. Remember to link to the last breeding. For NPCs, link to your own last breeding with them. (If you've never bred with the specific NPC, this is N/A)

[b]Cat 2:[/b] This cat will be the other parent in this breeding. Must be adult. Please link to oekaki thread or off-oekaki approval.
[b]Permission:[/b] Permission unless owned by self here. N/A for NPCs.
[b]Last bred:[/b] If never bred, write that. Remember to link to the last breeding. For NPCs, link to your own last breeding with them. (If you've never bred with the specific NPC, this is N/A)

[b]Appearance or genetics based?:[/b]
[b]Would you like apprentice references for your litter?:[/b] Litters without the apprentice references may have a faster turnaround than litters with.
[b]Items using:[/b] If not using any, write N/A. Please link to where the items were obtained.

[b]Allow for random NR edits?:[/b]
[b]Roll for chance at random myth edit?:[/b]
[b]If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b] If applicable. See prompt options on the first page.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by I Like Bees on Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:50 am, edited 11 times in total.
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Prompts

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon May 10, 2021 11:18 am

When an artist opens slots, they may require a prompt response in order to consider your form! Your form may or may not be judged by the prompt content, depending on the artist's choice.

All the prompt options you may answer are listed in this post. You may choose any prompt you want to respond to. You are highly encouraged to take the time to prewrite/predraw the prompt response for your form(s), as artist slots may only be open for a small period of time. You are also encouraged to reuse the same response for each time you resubmit the form, but you may not reuse the writing/art from an accepted ticket for a new ticket.

You only need to answer one prompt in your form. You must write a minimum 300 words or draw a minimum lined fullbody.

PROMPT OPTIONS
      i. Describe the parents'* relationship. This can be any specific aspect or interaction, or a summary of their relationship as a whole.
      ii. Write/draw** about the parent(s)* discussing / thinking about their future kittens. How do they feel about their expected kittens? What are their plans? How does this affect their lives? etc.
      iii. Write/draw** about the hypothetical kits from this litter. What is their planned place in your lore? What is their importance? How will their heritage affect them, if at all? etc.
    * What "parent(s)" means in these prompts is up to you, and can refer to whatever is relevant to your form/lore! This may simply be the cats linked in the form, only one of the parents if they're a single parent or only one parent is in-character, the adopted parents of the future kits, or anything else. Whatever applies to your lore and answers the prompt honestly is acceptable.

** If your art includes the kittens, do not give them defined designs! The artist will not design you the kitten coats you want based on the designs in your drawing; coats are the artist's choice. You may want to leave the kittens' colors blank, as silhouettes only, or otherwise leave their features vague.
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Cooldowns

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon May 10, 2021 11:20 am

Both parents will have a 2 week cooldown. NPCs cannot go on cooldown. A cat's cooldown can be skipped with an hourglass item from Starclan's shop. Cat cooldowns start at the time your form is accepted (not when the litter is posted).

For genetics-based breedings:
    xx Cat 1: This cat is designated "pregnant" or "carrying the kits."
    xx Cat 2: This cat is not pregnant / carrying the kits.
    This may affect the possible base colors of kittens, but has no effect beyond that and does not need to apply to your lore.
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • NPC Info

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon May 10, 2021 11:21 am

It seems like some kitties have been waiting for your arrival! You can find them here. These cats may be used for litters with each other or with your own kitties! You may spot them appearing in explore and other Stars mechanics as well. Keep in mind that some nursery NPCs have retired and may no longer be used for litters.

RULES & GUIDELINES
    xx i. You may only breed with each NPC twice. This is tracked here.
    xx ii. Your cat will go on a 2 week cooldown after the breeding (since the NPC cannot go on cooldown).
    xx iii. Cats related through an NPC are still considered related and cannot have kittens together.

We also have a very special group of kitties that only visit during events. These cats can be found here! Please remember they only come around once or twice a year, but they are really worth the wait (: Each event NPC has their own unique trait that will influence their kittens. You can read about these traits on each cat's page! When the event NPCs are available, it will be stated on the main event NPC page.
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Mutations

NR EDITS
    If you opt to allow the artist to add random NR edits, the artist has the ability to choose any NR edits to add to your litter! If you're not a fan of the chosen edits, don't worry! Removing/adding nr edits is free and does not require an item.

You can find the list of NR edits here!

--

RANDOM MYTH EDITS
    If you opt for the artist to roll for a random myth edit, there is a very, very small chance (0.5%) that one kit in your litter could roll for a mythical mutation! Here is the process for myth mutation rolls:

i. Roll for the number of kits in the litter.
      ii. Roll a 100-sided die and note the number.
      iii. Roll another 100-sided die. If the number is the same, keep going! If not, the litter has not rolled for a mutation.
      iv. Roll a third 100-sided die. If the number is 1-50, the litter has rolled for a random myth edit!
      v. Roll a die with the same number of sides as kits in the litter to determine which kit receives the mutation.
      vi. The mutation will be selected at random from a list of possible mutations for the litter. (For example, a litter with two non-silver/smoke parents could not have a pseudo merle kit, as that mutation is limited to silver/smoke cats.)
    You can find the list of myth edits here!
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Orphan Litters

Sometimes, an artist may breed two of their cats and put the kittens up for public adoption! These are known as orphan litters, and are essentially kitten adopts that are considered genetically related to existing Stars cats (though they might not be related in lore).

You can find some previous examples of orphan litters here, here, and here!

Staff, here are some important notes! Orphan litters:

• Do not use your monthly or staff slot for the month.
    • Do not use one of your 2 slots per NPC, if using an NPC. (Events NPCs currently cannot be used)
    • Do not need to be rolled by another staff member.
    • Do not count towards your adopt edit ratios.
      x
    • Do put both cats on cooldown (excluding NPCs).
    • Do count towards staff activity (as opposed to personal monthly staff litters, which do not).
    • Do need a form posted on this thread. (Please note in the form that it's an orphan litter!)
    • Do need the standard nursery litter coding on the litter page.
    • Do need to be numbered like a regular litter (Stars Breeding #000 | Parent1 x Parent 2).
      x
    • Can use items from your bank.
    • Can be a collab between you and another artist (please follow these guidelines).
    • Can be between your cat and another user's cat / NPC, two cats from other users, two NPCs, etc.! You need permission from the owners to use other users' cats. You and the owner(s) of the cats cannot apply to adopt any of the kittens.
      x
    • You may only make 1 orphan litter per month (determined by time the ticket was posted). You must also finish your previous orphan litter before you can submit another form.
    • You may not post another orphan ticket until the previous litter has been posted.
    • You may not keep any kits. All kits must be publicly adopted to users who do not own the parents.
    • You may not award RUs. HMs are fine!
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Nursery FAQ

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon May 10, 2021 11:22 am

MONTHLY SLOTS
    Q: My form was accepted in one month but posted in another; which month's slot did it use?
    A:
    Your nursery slot for the month that the form was accepted will be used, going by CS time! Cooldowns/slots depend on when forms are accepted, not when the litter is posted.

Q: May I post another form while still waiting for a previous litter to be completed?
    A:
    Yes, absolutely! All cooldowns are based on when your form was accepted, not when the litter is posted.

FORMS
    Q: What's the difference between genetics-based and appearance-based?
    A:
    Genetics-based will give you genetically accurate kits, and it's possible for random recessive traits to be thrown in (i.e. you breed two black cats and they have a chocolate kit). Appearance-based allows for kits that aren't entirely genetically-accurate, but they should only have colors/patterns that the parents have (i.e. if both parents are red, you shouldn't get a black kit).

Q: Does it matter which cat is cat 1 and which is cat 2 in the form?
    A:
    Depending on the parents' coats, it may affect what colors the kittens can be in a genetics-based breeding. Aside from that, both cats have the same cooldown, and the carrier/non-carrier labels do not need to apply to your lore.

Q: I received a cat from another user, and I'm not sure if they have had a litter before. How can I check this?
    A:
    We have a nursery archive here! Use CTRL + F to search your cat's ID number, and if they appear in either of the parent columns, they've had kittens before. Be sure to link their last breeding in your form!

TWO USER LITTERS
    Q: If I breed my cat with another user's cat, are we guaranteed two kits?
    A:
    If you split the litter, then you are guaranteed two kits. If you do not split the litter, then one kitten is possible.

Q: Does breeding my cat with another user's cat use both of our breeding slots?
    A:
    If you split the litter, then both of your breeding slots will be used. If you do not split the litter, then only the user keeping the kittens will use a slot. Both cats will still go on cooldown.

Q: What if I want to breed two of my cats for another user to keep the kits? Whose slot does this use?
    A:
    If the other user doesn't own either of the parents, this would need to use your (the owner's) slot. After the litter is complete and posted, please fill out a gifting form on the archive to gift the kits to them.

ITEMS
    Q: What does an autopass item (shooting star, etc.) do?
    A:
    The autopass items allow one edit of the appropriate rarity for the item to automatically pass down to one kitten. Autopass items must be applied before rolls begin. Please specify in your form which edit you would like autopassed! This item does not currently offer a boost to the chance of the edit passing to the other kittens.

Q: Do I need to fill out an archive form for items used on a litter?
    A:
    No, just be sure to link the items in your ticket before it's accepted and they'll be archived appropriately!

NPCS
    Q: Can I breed two NPCs with each other?
    A:
    Yes! Note that this will still count as your breeding slot for the month, you can only breed with each NPC a total of two times, and event NPCs are only available during events.

Q: Are two kits related to the same NPC considered related?
    A:
    Yes. Cats related through an NPC are still considered related and cannot have kits together. You may use the NPC litter tracker or nursery archive to help check which cats your cat is related to.

GROWTHS
    Q: When will my kittens grow?
    A:
    Kittens will grow into apprentices 3 weeks after being posted, and from apprentices to warriors in 3 more weeks. Kittens with no apprentice ref grow to warriors after 6 weeks. There are items that allow you to skip the waiting period for one of these stages in Starclan's shop!

Q: How do I grow my kittens?
    A:
    If the artist of your litter hasn't automatically grown them at the 3 weeks mark, you may politely bump the thread and ask for your litter to be grown (: Some artists prefer to wait, as users may choose to keep their cats at a younger stage for a while longer than 3 weeks!

Q: If I ask the artist not to include apprentice references, can my kits grow sooner?
    A:
    It will still take your kitten 6 weeks to grow into a warrior regardless of if the artist creates an apprentice reference for you or not. You can always grab a star's grace item from the shop to skip 3 weeks of your wait though, but note that this item can only be used once per kitten!

Q: Why did my kitten's eyes change from blue to [color]?
    A:
    Kittens are only born with blue eyes, including their sclera color edit! Their eye and sclera color may change as they grow.

STAFF
    Q: I'm a member of staff and would like to use my personal slot for the month. How do I do this?
    A:
    Fill out and post a nursery form on this page and state that it's your personal breeding for the month. Make sure you have another member of staff roll for the number of kittens and edit passes. Writers may complete litters themselves (with approval for each reference) or have an artist do so for them. Additional details and limitations are included in the staff shop document.

Q: I opened nursery slots and a user submitted a form that includes one of my cats. Can I accept this ticket?
    A:
    If the litter is not split and the other user is keeping all the kittens, you may accept the ticket. If the litter is split with you, you may not accept the ticket. Accepting split tickets with yourself would essentially be another free personal litter for the month and is not allowed. You're welcome to post for your free monthly breeding from other artists of course!

Q: Can I give my monthly personal slot to another user(s)?
    A:
    This depends on the situation. Your personal slot must include at least one cat owned by yourself, and cannot be between two cats belonging to other users. (Tickets must be submitted by someone who owns at least one of the parents; see the "can I breed my cats for someone else?" question under two user litters!) However, you can gift your personal litter to other non-owner users by filling out gifting forms on the archive. You're also welcome to not split the litter and give all kittens to the other parent's owner.
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Nursery

Postby I Like Bees » Mon May 10, 2021 11:37 am

Opening 1-2 slots!
Not FCFS; I'll choose in an hour or so

No major muzzle, mid/max fur, or munchkin edits

I will be using these numbers to roll litter size:
1 kit: 30% (1-30)
2 kits: 50% (31-80)
3 kits: 20% (81-100)

Reminders:
Please make sure to use the new, updated form!
Make sure your cats are not on cooldown.
If you have already bred this month, you cannot breed again unless you have bought the item to do so.
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon May 10, 2021 12:05 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist: I Like Bees

Username: Lex.
Last accepted form: Here + this one

Cat 1: Lynxroar
Permission: n/a
Last bred: Here

Cat 2: Talltail
Permission: n/a
Last bred: n/a

Appearance or genetic based?: Appearance
Items using: n/a

Allow for random nr edits?: Yes!
Roll for chance at random myth edits?: Yes!
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: n/a <3
☮ lex | it/its | lover of lions | 10/21 ☮
kalons trades [mirage (1987) album]
“Good times are ahead! Or behind.
Because they sure aren't here.”

- garfield
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Mon May 10, 2021 12:05 pm

I want some kittens!
Artist: I Like Bees

Username: EchoIre + WolfstormSC
Last accepted form: X + X

Cat 1: Frost
Permission: Owned by me
Last bred: Never

Cat 2: Pantherfrost
Permission: X
Last bred: Never

Appearance or genetic based?: Genetic
Items using: N/A

Allow for random nr edits?: Yes
Roll for chance at random myth edits?: Yes
If this litter has more than one user involved, will you be splitting the litter?: Yes
Last edited by EchoIre on Mon May 10, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me