Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

TECHNICATS - An Introduction (Pg. 6) by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

TECHNICATS - An Introduction (Pg. 6)

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:21 pm

Technicats are the next step in pet ownership; both a biological and technological marvel, these pets are quickly stealing the hearts of the nation and becoming one of the most popular pets of all time. Their body looks like that of a standard household cat, while their head is a screen. All of the wiring and machine parts are hidden from view, and they're so lifelike you won't believe that they're not a real cat. Still soft, warm, and eager for a cuddle, while being so much more durable and lasting for years - what's not to love?

We've included a list of a Technicat's best and unique features, which include;

• Screen Head: easily their most identifiable feature, Technicat's do not posses the head of a regular cat, but instead a hardy screen. Most come in a standard shape and size, though a rare few do come with a customized screen head shape. These screens come in three types; blank, simple, and expressive. Blank screens are exactly as told; blank. Simple screens have some sort of icon or symbol. Expressive screens are a little harder to come by, but they do give your Technicat a bit more personality. With an expressive screen a Technicat can, as you'd expect, show different kinds of expression depending on their emotions. This makes it much easier to know how they're feeling. The screens themselves either have a glossy finish or a static overlay, the latter of which is also shown on their paw pads.

• Static Whiskers: surely you know we couldn't make a cat without whiskers - and these ones are a lot more fun! They're made of static energy, which manifests itself into the shape of feline whiskers of many different shapes and lengths. Most of the time these are harmless, and tickle if you brush against them. Be warned; an aggravated Technicat may just use them to give you a shock.

• Two Tail Variations: both have their pros and cons, so choose wisely! Technicat's who have 'biological' cat tails - that is, to say, a tail that resembles that of an actual cat - are solar powered, and soak up the sun through their fur. They cannot, however, be plugged in to charge, so may be more sleepy on cloudy days to conserve energy. Technicat's with socket tails can be plugged in to charge up - plug them in, and after a good sleep, they'll be ready to go! They are not, however, solar powered. This means that if your power goes out and your Technicat runs out of charge, they will fall asleep until you are able to plug them in again.

More information on traits and their rarities can be found further below.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

TECHNICATS - User Manual

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:22 pm

Well now, you can't own a Technicat without reading the user manual, can you? Make sure you have a good look at the rules below so that we can be sure that you're ready to become a Technicat owner. Careful - we don't take to rule breakers too kindly!

• Technicats are a closed species, and you cannot make your own without permission

• You can own a limitless amount of Technicats

• Do not remove the sig; you must give appropriate credit, and link back to here if taken offsite

• Please do not bump adopt pages (unless you are the artist)

• Some Technicats will be free (raffles, prompts,etc) and some will also be available for payment (c$, pets, da points, money) as auctions or with set prices. Offsite currency payments will be discussed offsite (da, th, or discord)

• You cannot resell your Technicats (for any kind of currency, no matter what currency you paid); there will also be no refunds. You can trade within the species using the appropriate forms. If you wish to leave the species but keep the characters you own, you are free to transfer them out of the species to different lines as long as you still give appropriate credit for the original design (but keep no lore from the species)

• Do not bid / AB if you cannot pay/afford the price; you will have 24 hours to pay (contact the artist if you need another day to pay, but 48 hours is the max amount of time to send payment)

• No mini-modding

• No whining, begging, bullying, or intolerance of any kind; you get three strikes before being banned (or an instant ban will be dealt out in extreme cases)

• If you are banned, any Technicats you own will no longer be counted within this species. You have the option to; move them off of these lines, or relinquish ownership (they will readopted out into the species community). You must still credit the artist for the original design of the character if you keep them, but other than that, they must have no ties to this species

• You cannot edit your form once its been posted (excluding prompt posts); any edited forms won't be counted

• You cannot edit your Technicat in any way without an item (and getting approval)

• Technicats cannot be based on already-made characters (oc's, franchise characters, etc)
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

TECHNICATS - Artist Manual

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:22 pm

If you're looking into becoming a Technicat creator, be sure to read over these guidelines before applying to the artist search!

• Do not create your own separate adoptions/species with this design

• Guest artists will need to create at least 3 Technicats adopts a month, and will be granted with one Rare MYO

• If you become a permanent artist you will need to continue making 3 adopts a month, and will be rewarded monthly with one Rare MYO

• You may be removed as an artist if you fail to comply with these rules, or if you break any of the above

• Following CS rules, if you sell a Technicat for offsite currency, please discuss payment offsite

• Static must be at least 15% opacity
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

TECHNICATS - Trait Guide

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

NON-RARITY
    • whisker shape
    • accessories
    • weight
    • claws (short)

STANDARD
    • no edits
    • blank screen

COMMON
    • simple screen
    • minor fur edit
    • tail edit (biological or plug)

UNCOMMON
    • expressive screen
    • major fur edit
    • ear edit

RARE
    • customized screen shape
    • extra limbs (max 6)
    • missing limbs (max 2)
    • extra tails (max 3, biological and/or plug)

ULTRA RARE
    • wings (either non-functional or only capable of short-distance flight/gliding)
    • exposed mechanical parts (up to 50% of the body)
    • glowing markings

Below you'll find a few handy diagrams, to help further clarify some traits.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

TECHNICATS - HM System

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Honorable Mentions
    When an artist wants to give recognition to forms that did not win, they may give that person an honorable mention. These HM's can be converted to MYO's. You will need to keep track of these yourself.

To claim your MYO, you will need to post proof of your HM's on the Customs page to be added. Once made and posted, you will also need to post your HM's again as proof. You can make the MYO yourself, or commission someone to make it for you.

• 10 HM's = Unlimited Standard MYO
    • 15 HM's = Unlimited Common & Under MYO
    • 20 HM's = Unlimited Uncommon & Under MYO
    • 30 HM's = One Rare Trait & Unlimited Under MYO
    • 40 HM's = Unlimited Rare & Under MYO
    • 55 HM's = One Ultra Rare Trait & Under MYO
    • 70 HM's = Unlimited Ultra Rare MYO

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon May 31, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: TECHNICATS [WIP]

Postby angeleyes. » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:24 pm

mark!
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SOURCANDYBONEZ » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:32 pm

HECK YEAH
SOURCANDYBONEZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OpheliasLighthouse » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:51 pm

mark
OpheliasLighthouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonland » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Marking !

Sig art by
.wafflecat.

Looking to collect all pets from 2011 and onwards!
I'm also missing lots of common pets.
Send a trade my way!

All pets I don't have are in my wishlist,
so if you have anything on my
wl I'm still missing it <3

"The right direction doesn't give you the right path."

Follow me on twitch!
moonland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:11 pm

MARK!
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me