Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

BSA Baltic Huskies by honeybunchesofoats

Based on Click to view
Artist honeybunchesofoats [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
90 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

BSA Baltic Huskies

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:41 am

_______________________________________________________________________________________

websitebaltic reindeerdiscord community

rulesstaff + staff applicationsinformation guideartist hub

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Baltic Huskies one of the forefronts of the Baltic Winters Sled Association (BSA)!

Please feel welcome to check out our sibling species: Baltic Reindeer!

We are all very happy to have you here! Please bear with us in the coming weeks as adopts and events are closed due to changes being made towards the set up of our own website!

About the Breed wrote:Baltic Huskies have changed over the years. The breed went dormant over some years, and during that time the bloodlines became a bit changed. Now, the original Baltic Husky looks a little different than the current breed!

These dogs still have strong, working group blood: they kept the Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, and Akita build, but it seems that the Canadian Eskimo dog was brought in with heavy influence in the most recent lines. Baltic Huskies are incredibly heavily built, with strong muscles and wide chests and necks. They have become one of the more ideal sledding dogs for their strength and size: they stay the size of a Siberian Husky, but have a more bulky build that is better for pulling. This includes their typically well muscled legs and shoulders that help them with endurance and keep high speeds. They also seem to retain the Belgian Tervuren intelligence, but with the Border Collie breed being mixed in with the more recent bloodlines: this high level of smarts seems to be higher than most working dogs, and while they have the Samoyed passive nature, these dogs can have a wild variation of personalities. Most are stubborn and headstrong, and very independent: however, it is not uncommon to find one that is incredibly protective of their family, including their team and owner.

Training and owning one of these dogs is fairly easy, though. Once you find what your dog strives for and likes, working with them can be a breeze! For this reason, Baltic Huskies do well in a variety of different tasks! They do well as service dogs, but it has been seen for Baltic Huskies to have capabilities for sports like agility or herding given their other descendants. When trained properly, they can make good family pets as well: as long as you take them on enough walks, or have a big enough yard to play in!

So why not dive right in, and get a Baltic Husky of your own?
Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 43 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Baltic Husky Rules

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:42 am

Currently, the Baltic Sled Association is undergoing a revamp: so many of these rules may change, or have additions and removal of current rules!

However, these current rules are what you must abide by when interacting with BSA. By posting on these threads, owning one or attempting to own one, you automatically agree to these. If you have any trouble, either understanding a rule or with someone breaking a rule listed here, please contact staff! Current Owners, arkinhallow, honeybunchesofoats, Mod: Luxio

Community Rules
▪ Follow all of the CS site rules on all places related to Baltic Sled Association, including the discord chat
▪ General closed species rules apply here: no unofficial adopts, stealing characters, etc
▪ General common sense rules: respect others, no guilt tripping, staff impersonation, etc. Absolutely no discrimination is welcome here - there is a zero tolerance policy
▪ No mini-modding, even if the content being provided is correct
▪ Please allow for three weeks time before inquiring about contest judging/nursery batches/etc
▪ For any issues, please contact Baltic staff! If it is an issue where CS staff must be involved, then please contact us after contacting staff so we can be aware!

Ownership Rules
▪ You may own as many dogs/reindeer as you would like, but be mindful of other members!
▪ Any design changes must be discussed with staff and approved.
▪ Any character under new ownership requires a post on the original thread by the original owner, and confirmation from the new owner.
▪ You may not sell any husky or reindeer, regardless of value. However, all adopts may be readopted out, traded, or gifted!
▪ Huskies and reindeer traded can only be traded for baltic related items (other official baltic adopts, items, slots, etc) or custom made art (no premade characters). You can also trade slots, permitted the baltic already has the slot open!

Disclaimer: as of 5/7/2020, the Baltic Sled Association staff retain the right to revoke any adopt as seen fit. This includes but is not limited to due to any bannable offense, or breaking a rule. Any character that was owned before this date will not be under this rule: however, any ownership changes past this date will fall under this rule, as the owner would have not owned the character before this rule was put in place.

Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Baltic Husky Staff

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:42 am

As you approach the center for where the association staff reside, you notice a flier outside...

Currently seeking artists, moderators, and welcome committee members!!

Hmm... that could be interesting! It might be worth your time checking back later, too!

Here you can get to know the staff!
    Administrators
      honeybunchesofoats (current owner)
      Arkinhallow (current owner)
      Venatici (reindeer owner)

Moderators
      Luxio
      kennymcnenny

Welcome Committee
      conversett
      MeltiTheDragon (on hiatus)

Archivists
      paopu

Artists
      olivionary (ghost)
      Marz-Barz (main)
      Alhena (ghost)
      discontinued. (main)
      lynx! (ghost)
      Owl_Roast (on hiatus)
      yeena (main)
      chromatic. (main)
      certified (main)
      vanilla bean (main)
      zombiehund (ghost)
      -chirp- (main)

Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 25 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:43 am

reserved!
Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Baltic Huskies Breedings

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:44 am

For those interested in breeding their Baltic Huskies, please first check the information guide and artist hub! These two threads have the most up to date information and are required when deciding which artist to choose. As more genes are added to Baltic Huskies, we have decided to not have a dedicated nursery thread. All nursery forms will be posted on the main thread, with all nursery huskies simply being labelled nursery!

Since Baltic Huskies have some small lines in the works, for breedings currently artists will either be posting their puppies at the same time or creating a cover (with a doodle on it so that it still meets CS rules). Otherwise, breedings will function normally!

All information here is copied directly from the artist hub and from the information guide. For artist choices and references of traits, please visit those guides first, and only use these as reminders.

Breeding Guidelines and Rules
      ▪ All breedings will be free.
      ▪ Breedings can be done between any gender as long as the pair has slots available.
      ▪ In order to submit a breeding, your huskies must be submitted on the site (as a result, they must also have updated genotypes). If you do not wish to have an account, please contact one of the owners so we can accommodate. 11/10 - will be added upon site release! In the meantime, the requirement is that all huskies must have an updated genotype/phenotype to meet the new species standards.
      ▪ All kennel/stable information must be completely up to date. If not, the form cannot be accepted. For inactive users, please reach out to one of the owners to confirm.
      ▪ For breeding rolls, please refer to the information guide.

Baltic Husky specific breeding rules
      ▪ When using title rewards, you can only redeem the current approved level - ie no unapproved rewards, even if prompt was submitted
      ▪ Currently there are no restrictions on what breedings can be submitted aside from inbreeding - however, breedings with the intent of producing puppies with bad health (double merle, albinism, melanism, etc) are highly discouraged.
      ▪ Any breeding that results in a double merle will automatically make all puppies in the litter sterile. The Husky with double merle will also be disqualified from entering into any title competitions.
      ▪ Items used by the parents (such as custom accessories) will not be passed onto puppies unless the change is genetic.

The below rules assume no items or title rewards are being utilized:
      ▪ All breedings have a two week cooldown, and all nursery kids will have to wait two weeks to breed for the first time.
      ▪ Baltic Huskies may only breed five times, and generally have one or two puppies (70%/30%).
      ▪ For parents you do not own, it is required to have a screenshot of the permission. Quotes are not accepted.
      ▪ You may choose to keep, gift, or adopt out any breeding.

Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps, Affiliates, and Misc Information

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:45 am

Stamps/Banners wrote:Image
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3312757][img]http://i.imgur.com/Xrtf8Qk.png[/img][/url]

Miscellaneous Credits wrote:lines done by meveh - based by canis,
banner by dave.
Last edited by Venatici on Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BSA Questions and Changes

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri May 08, 2020 7:46 am

FAQ will be located here (please scroll to see more answers)!

[b]How will transfers be handled?[/b]
transfers will be allowed in this version of baltic huskies! how they work will be specified in the future, but a transfer thread will be opened up so dogs with old numbers can still be put on these lines w/o messing up current numbers.
all old members will get one free transfer, so everyone can at least have a dog on the new lines. past that is unsure: majority is that transfers should be paid, with options to get free transfers. how this will work is unknown for the time being.
once the initial system for how the species will be run (either titling or through an arpg) is set up, then the further little cosmetic details such as transfers will be done!

[b]There are a lot of unjudged comps: how are these being handled?[/b]
all of these unjudged comps were made before my ownership: so, they have been sitting for years. since they have already waited so long, they will be slated to be handled after more community wide issues are handled: however, as a new archive is being made from scratch, any dog with a numbering issue / ownership issue / anything else is being marked down so that they can all be looked at at once. this means as soon as I can dedicate the time to it, I already have a list of what needs to be done!

if anyone wants a contest judged immediately, you are welcome to report it to cs staff and they can judge it when they are available: just know that all old line issues will be fixed before the species fully opens!

[b]What staff are being hired?[/b]
right now, since the species is still largely being set up, the only position open at the moment is artist. if interested, please try out in our competition! otherwise, staff will be opened up as more systems are figured out (I would only want to hire staff if there is a specific need). so, please keep checking back if you would like a position other than artist! we appreciate your patience!

[b]Will stats be relevant?[/b]
in short, this is undecided! it seems likely stats will either be removed, or become purely cosmetic (in the case a user may want to use them for other purposes, or if they become utilized in the future). since this is unsure, I recommend keeping your dog's stats on their kennel page, so that if they end up being tabled you only have to delete them and not go searching through pages to add them to the kennel!

[b]Will breeding slots be changing?[/b]
the nursery will not be open for a while: however, as it stands, no! all baltic huskies will have the same requirements as before, and if rules are changed in the future, it would be minute. any huskies who break the rules would be grandfathered in! however, this is not something to be concerned about, as the nursery will not be in effect for some time!

[b]What if I had a breeding/custom/voucher that was never done?[/b]
once the species opens, please contact me about it! I want to honor everything the previous staff gave to users (as long as there is adequate proof - unfortunately, CS quotes would not count) as soon as I can. however, since my main priority is setting up systems so that the species can properly function, I will be handling all these after everything is set up! once opening occurs (or a little before that time), I will be making an announcement asking for anyone who has an overdue order to contact me so I can remedy this.

The changes log, or the developing log, is used to make note of small changes that improve functionality of the association and breed!

Changes for May
[ May 7th, 2020 || CS ] - species lines posted and breed changes made: added border collie, canadian eskimo dog
As a result, allowed more flexibility with the tasks the BH breed can do (service dog tasks, agility, herding, other various sports). They are no longer limited to only sled dogs, though this is still their main task!
honeybunchesofoats added as a Welcome Committee member - this position is one similar to a moderator, but is instead focused on community requests instead of community safety! this position is focused on answering questions, greeting members, and helping members where moderation is not needed!
[ May 7th, 2020 || Discord ] - discord created
emojis added through request
[ May 8th, 2020 || CS ] artist search released
kennel club starts being reworked
bank is created, not yet released to public but is functional and could be used at any time
announcement created for archives: currently in the works, once completed, all dogs not judged / not properly sorted will be taken care of. members are welcome to report competitions to CS staff if they want the adopts judged immediately
[ May 9th, 2020 || CS ] archive for v1 completed for phase one, added to front page
kennel club added to front page, slated to be completed by end of day
[ May 10th, 2020 || CS ] kennel club mostly completed, genetics added (may be tweaked at a later date)
kennel club registrations opened, including old dog checks
FAQ added to
[ May 22nd, 2020 || CS ] transfer thread created, original v1 mascot transferred over
[ May 22nd, 2020 || CS, Discord ] yeena and arkinhallow hired (coowner and ghost artist respectively)
general update created, staff applications for moderator, welcome committee, and banker opened
founders, customs, transfers general information released
archive completed, will be going through to fix numbers
all old unjudged dogs will be transferred to new lines, given new homes, possibly new event
title system in progress
[ May 23rd, 2020 || CS, Discord ] olivionary hired (main artist)
[ May 24th, 2020 || CS ] kennel archive updated, founder information added
[ May 25th, 2020 || CS, Discord ] badgerbuddies, paopu hired as archivists (bank of baltic)
archive fully updated: posts made on ever dog needing number changes or update on contests
unjudged contests / dogs with no homes given a post saying they are being transferred to new lines, old forms being honored
title system in the works, mostly completed
placeholder for welcoming event added
updated main page with new links
updated founder information, added stray voucher program information
[ May 26th, 2020 || CS, Discord ] bank completed and added

Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 am, edited 11 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Baltic Huskies - new, seeking feedback

Postby Venatici » Fri May 08, 2020 8:33 am

hello yall! it has been a couple of weeks since I last checked in, and as I mentioned, I had meveh working on new lines for us- they did an absolutely flawless job, and I am very happy to announce that this is the finalized result! we may, in the future, be adding more things in (such as nursery lines), but for now this is the finished state of the baltic husky breed lines!

there have been some minor changes: I felt like the old breed could do with a bit of a makeover, but I wanted them to retain their base of where they started. with these changes, there are some slight anatomy alterations, but they are mostly the same breed you have come to know and love!

with these changes, there are some quality of life improvements: your dogs now are able to do other tasks, and are no longer only limited to sledding! this will, of course, be the main priority of the breed. however, you will be free to create your dogs and have them do skills such as become service dogs, agility dogs, rescue dogs, or even basic herding tasks! I felt like this was important, because some people may not want to focus their dogs around sledding, or they may have dogs that have personalities that are better suited for something else!

Anonymous Google Form
TLDR for those who do not want the bottom text, please, if you leave a mark: just give a simple sentence, or longer if you have the time, over what you would want this species to become - adopts only, or more of an arpg?

with this, I want to repeat what I said on the previous thread: I want all of your opinions on what would interest you - would you want to be involved in baltics if they were adopts only (meaning the only competitions are for the dogs themselves), or do you want a sort of arpg system? would the arpg system be like most other cs arpg adopts (how much you develop existing kids means how many you can own overall) or more like dA aprg species (where how much you develop your kids correlates to that specific character's benefits, such as breeding or better chances of rolling good items in "finding" booths) do you want to keep the current sort of setup with factions and dog shows, or would you want to make changes to how it looks?

additionally, there has been a supported suggestion that has been initially suggested by DarkestWerewolf:

have a 'competitions' thread for titling in sled races. if people wanted they could do art + writing to give like "bonus" points to the RNG for a higher chance to title. the dog not only gets a chance to title (which looks cool), but then could be given additional perks (obv subject to be decided if this is what is the most popular option). however, no one would be required to do this, but it could give perks (maybe extra breeding slot, extra pup in a litter, or bigger chance for mutation). end goal for the highest title would probably be like a full custom, or some sort of prize that could be very limited to participating, but would still be given out otherwise.

with a system like that, then people's activity would only be mandated by them submitting a form with just their username, dog, and basic information like what they were trying out for. people who would be more active and add "bonus" to their form would get rewards quicker and easier, but people who did not have enough time to dedicate would still get bonuses. it would still be optional, but literally would take all of a minute or two to do, maybe every week or so whenever the programs were run.

please let me know! I want to make this species and be able to keep it active for everyone, but this requires people being interested and wanting to be active, otherwise the species will go inactive again!

I will be responding to any questions as well! I will be setting up a discord very soon.

I will also preface that this species does mean a lot to me. I want it to be active, so I will be transparent: if this species is not garnering enough activity, then I do not want it to be inactive again. if the species does not have a base level garnering of activity, then I will make the species private to only friends. I do not want that. this includes if I get no feedback:

so, please, if you leave a mark: just give a simple sentence, or longer if you have the time, over what you would want this species to become.

I look forward to hearing, take care and stay safe yall!
Last edited by Venatici on Fri May 08, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
taken ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Fri May 08, 2020 8:38 am

im love this, mmark

id love for it to just be an amazing doggo adopt species (actually, i like both options aha, im not opposed to adopts or arpg), even if it doesnt become popular (or even if it does), id still like to see it grow and become a great species <3

-not very active but when i am its on oekaki
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paopu » Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 am

Hi hi yes I have a slight preference for adopt based adopts instead of arpg but as long as you're not limited to developing with only art I'm cool regardless!
x
x
x
    they/them

if two people share one
    their destines become
    intertwined they'll remain
    a part of each other's lives
    no matter what

paopu

My pets
My items